Quantcast

staaats.info open beta

diffsky
I'm opening up staaats.info to public beta.

staaats.info allows you to record and track axis and allies style triplea games as part of a series. It gives you a visualisation of your games by processing the stats that you can export from triplea. To give you an idea, here is an example game and an active series.

Over time I'll try to add more detail to the stats that are shown, including battle losses, technologies discovered, key trends etc.

If you would like to start using staaats.info please sign up. The beta sign up code to use is "warcabin" (without the quotes).

I first created staaats.info to keep track of games that I play with my brother, but other people might find it useful too so I have worked to make it an open system. It's in beta for now - meaning don't rely on it and I could have to make breaking changes in the future (who knows). Please let me know any feedback you have.
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

stickied.

can you post a list of the games you support here please?

Re: staaats.info open beta

Very cool!  The presentation is very professional.

Great work.  I look forward to reviewing my victories.

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
The supported games are listed here: http://staaats.info/supportedgames
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky,
I've put a link for your staaats.info page into the triplea online lobby,
however, because it is just a straight up link, it doesn't include excess information like:
1. you have to sign up first to use it
2. you need a beta code
3. only certain games are supported

Could you consider removing the need for a beta code?

And also put somewhere on the main page some instructions on how to begin, like:

To begin:
1) Sign up by clicking this link...
2) Export stats from one of your games by clicking the "Export" menu option at the top of the screen, then clicking "Export game stats (full)", and then saving them somewhere.
3) Upload those stats to our website to view them.

And also include the support games link somewhere on the site

thanks,
veqryn

edit:
I should also mentioned the staaats processing has failed both times I've tried to use it (failed for Revised, and failed for Pact of Steel, both using triplea 1.5.2.1)

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
Hi Veqryn,

Thank you for testing out staaats and the great suggestions. Firstly, the games you uploaded revealed a bug I had in processing for a particular tech for those game types (game types that have destroyers that can bombard). I've fixed that and your games then processed successfully (you should have gotten a confirmation email).

To support your suggestions I have created a getting started page with the information. Could you please link to this page instead:

http://staaats.info/rmation/getstarted

Eventually the homepage of staaats will have random stats displayed (number of games submitted, infantry lost in all battles, techs discovered, etc) so I'd prefer to keep the instructions in a separate page.

I've kept the beta code in as it'll also deter spam bots, but I've given the code on the site in a few prominent places (so really it's just a spam deterrence now, but a notice that the site is beta).
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

thx, but the lobby only has short links

could you include a link to getting started on the main page of staats.info ?

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
Right ok, I've added a link to that page from the staaats homepage.
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

has this progressed past beta phase yet?

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
Well it's available to use now and fully functional, but given I can only dedicate a small amount of my time to it, it retains the "beta" tag. I don't want to make commitments on there not being problems along the way. I hope the beta tag makes that clear.
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

is this past the beta stage, or is anything new?
would you be open to posting the source code?

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
The source has always been available at https://github.com/diffsky/staaats.info

I can remove the beta tag.

I don't anticipate having time to contribute any new features any time soon.

--

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 2:31, Veqryn [via tripleadev] wrote:

is this past the beta stage, or is anything new?
would you be open to posting the source code?

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/staaats-info-open-beta-tp7427344p7583644.html
To unsubscribe from staaats.info open beta, click here.
NAML

My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: staaats.info open beta

diffsky
Just giving notice that I'll soon be shutting down http://staaats.info

I'm going to be concentrating on other projects and don't have the spare resources to devote to it. If anyone is interested in the source code, it's available at https://github.com/diffsky/staaats.info

Thanks everyone.
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info