Quantcast

request for some beta testers

hi everyone,

i want to release the next version as a stable, because there are no changes to game data

because there are no changes to game data, everyone can load their current savegames with this version
and there should not be any new bugs inside the rules and game logic parts of the engine, because these areas are not touched at all (except for a few bug fixes)

this doesn't mean though that there isn't the possibility that I introduced new bugs, especially to things like map scrolling, etc

so, I would like to pre-release this version to a selected group of 5-15 users, who can play some games and test the version (by using it)

if no bugs are reported after 1 or 2 weeks, then I re-release it as a stable to everyone

so, please sign up, i need your help

edit:
to test, please download the prerelease version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/prerelease/

please report bugs with any error messages

Re: request for some beta testers

hepster
I'll submit myself as a guinea pig.

Just let me know what I need to do.

Re: request for some beta testers

beelee
Well I don't know if I would be much help. I usually only play in local mode against myself due to time issues. I've pretty much only been playing global  although I've been thinking of giving nwo another try. I can spend 1-2 hours a day on it if that helps at all.

Re: request for some beta testers

Alright guys, TripleA 1.6.1.3 is released

this is a release candidate (its like halfway between unstable and stable), and it needs to be played for a little bit just so I know it works on other people's computers before I release it to everyone

Please download here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/prerelease/

give it a whirl,
report anything funky

Re: request for some beta testers

hepster
VERY COOL Veq!

I've been having a total blast.  New features are cool (N & I button features)  All the new sound options are fantastic!  Completely enhances the game experience,  I've already added a full array for T.W.W. and pimped out the sound menu.  I also played a bit of Napoleon and all the features are great on there as well.  The 1812 overture was the perfect Classical score for that game.

Works good so far no bugs or hiccups of any type.

I'll keep going and let you know if I find anything.

Re: request for some beta testers

Rolf Larsson
Excellent work, Verqryn!

I only recognized one marching sound beeing played when ships take a seazone and the minimap has a double "location-window" when the right panel is enlarged.
We now have custom dice!

Re: request for some beta testers

i thought that is what ships sounded like on the oceans?

Re: request for some beta testers

Cleisthenis
I'm looking forward to downloading and trying this out tonight. If we do find any bugs we are to submit via the sourceforge bug tracker? I'm excited, this is the first open source project I'll be a part of!

Re: request for some beta testers

beelee
minor sound error on global

turned off offending sounds and worked properly
nice job on the new side panel

where do you post screenshot?

Re: request for some beta testers

what was the minor sound error?????

can you give me the text of the error message, and tell me what the error was about, or what you were doing before it occurred?

(just saying there was an error, is very unhelpful. if there was an error for anyone, then it needs to be fixed)

Re: request for some beta testers

beelee
This post was updated on .
Well I don't want to be unhelpful.

Started World War II Global 1940 2nd edition   Error said I had no sounds for

 battle air successful
 battle retreat air
 battle retreat sea
 battle sea successful
 phase move combat
 phase move non combat
 phase purchase

Turned off offending sounds and worked properly
I have a screenshot but don't know how to post it. I tried at sorceforge bugs but the attachment said it was too big

Re: request for some beta testers

ah, thats not actually an error.

that is a debugger message that i left in the engine when i was making the sound engine, just to confirm if it was finding, and reading, my sounds

i've since removed the messages about this

Re: request for some beta testers

beelee
Cool  It seemed like no big deal,but I figured that reporting it was part of my tester duties:)

Re: request for some beta testers

FYI: I updated the PreRelease today (Dec 10, 2012)

so please re-download it!

changes include redoing how sounds are found by the engine (we now use a "sounds.properties" file in each map folder)

and also changing how territories get displayed on the map (so if any territories show up as pure white, or pure the color that the triplea window is, then please take a screenshot, a savegame, and post them both here or email them to me)

Re: request for some beta testers

Rolf Larsson
Exception in thread "Triplea start thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at games.strategy.engine.data.DefaultAttachment.getRawPropertyString(DefaultAttachment.java:113)
        at games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.TriggerAttachment.triggerUnitPropertyChange(TriggerAttachment.java:2047)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.TechActivationDelegate.start(TechActivationDelegate.java:106)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startStep(ServerGame.java:570)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:470)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:294)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.LocalLauncher.launchInNewThread(LocalLauncher.java:99)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.AbstractLauncher$1.run(AbstractLauncher.java:46)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

<attatchment name="triggerAttachmentgermanIH1" attatchTo="Germany" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.TriggerAttachment" type="player">
                <option name="trigger" value="conditionAttachmentgermanImprovedHulls"/>
                        <option name="unitType" value="germanCruiser"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="attack" count="6"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="attackAA" count="1"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="isAAforCombatOnly" count="true"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="isAAforBombingThisUnitOnly" count="false"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="mayOverStackAA" count="true"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="isAAforFlyOverOnly" count="false"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="maxAAattacks" count="1"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="typeAA" count="aacGun"/>
                        <option name="unitProperty" value="targetsAA" count="germanFighter:germanAdvancedFighter:germanNavalFighter:germanTacticalBomber:germanStrategicBomber:germanHeavyStrategicBomber:germanAirTransport:italianFighter:italianAdvancedFighter:italianNavalFighter:italianTacticalBomber:italianStrategicBomber:italianHeavyStrategicBomber:italianAirTransport:japaneseFighter:japaneseAdvancedFighter:japaneseNavalFighter:japaneseTacticalBomber:japaneseStrategicBomber:japaneseHeavyStrategicBomber:japaneseAirTransport:brazilianFighter:swedishFighter:spanishFighter:turkishFighter:chineseFighter:chineseTacticalBomber:russianFighter:russianAdvancedFighter:russianNavalFighter:russianTacticalBomber:russianStrategicBomber:russianHeavyStrategicBomber:russianAirTransport:britishFighter:britishAdvancedFighter:britishNavalFighter:britishTacticalBomber:britishStrategicBomber:britishHeavyStrategicBomber:britishAirTransport:americanFighter:americanAdvancedFighter:americanNavalFighter:americanTacticalBomber:americanStrategicBomber:americanHeavyStrategicBomber:americanAirTransport"/>
                <option name="uses" value="1"/>
                </attatchment>
We now have custom dice!

Re: request for some beta testers

Cleisthenis
Hey guys, sorry for what is probably a totally dumb question from a noob here, but how do we go about compiling and running 1_6_1_3? I was able to download and work everything to run and test the 1_6_1_2 source from my Terminal but when I try to execute the "ant compile" command it says it can't find build.xml? So i looked and there's a bunch of stuff that seems to be missing from the 1_6_1_3 folder which the _1_2 has. What am I doing wrong here?

Re: request for some beta testers

Odesa
I also get an error when I try to install it.

it says...

Extract: Error writing to file triplea.exe

No idea why, tried downloading it x3 in case the download was corrupt.

Re: request for some beta testers

"probably an old bug"

consumesUnits is not working as advertised in Pact of Steel 2:  consumesUnits - values: requires that a unit be present in a territory, then when this unit is placed the other units are destroyed / upgraded into this unit.  Can have multiple instances of this, which means it consumes multiple types of units.

What the engine actually does is require every unit listed to be present in order to place.  Then, when it is placed every unit on the list is consumed except the first listed unit(unless only one is listed).   In the following example unit, the engine requires a unit I,II,III,and IV to be present, consumes populationII, III, and IV... places the V, but leaves populationI alone.  An "OR" relationship is what I was hoping would occur.  An "AND" could be used, but neither happens when three or more unit types are listed.

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="populationV" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="attack" value="3"/>
<option name="defense" value="3"/>
<option name="createsResourcesList" value="1:PUs"/>
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="canProduceUnits" value="true"/>
<option name="consumesUnits" value="1:populationI"/>
<option name="consumesUnits" value="1:populationII"/>
<option name="consumesUnits" value="1:populationIII"/>
<option name="consumesUnits" value="1:populationIV"/>

<option name="transportCost" value="1"/></attatchment>

Re: request for some beta testers

@Cleisthenis,
Which zip or link did you download?  I only published 2 links (portable zip, and exe installer), neither was the source code.
If you want to compile the source, i recommend using the SVN version.

@ Odesa,
Probably a connection issue on your side, since others have downloaded it fine.  Redownload again.

@Zim Xero,
This works when I test it.
I tested in multiple ways, including consuming 1 of each of 4 different units.  It worked perfectly.  It ate all of the 4 units, leaving only itself.
Please check again.

Re: request for some beta testers

Odesa
Veq,

I was able to download it fine on my old Windows XP laptop but again I tried it on my desktop running Windows 7 and it fails to extract the exe file for triplea.  I also tried updating Java and I tried installing it onto my C drive and then onto my portable E drive but same error.

Tomorrow I will try to copy all the files from my lap top and install them on my desktop instead of using the installer which won't work for me.  Do you think this will be ok to do?  I'd hate to have you update it and me be the only guy who can't use it.

FYI I also tried unblocking it on properties and running it as administrator just to be sure but I got the same error message.

Any ideas?