plane movement validation

squid_daddy
just checking, are we aware that this is broken in the current revision and has been for quite some time.

don't mean to sound rude but having non-functional revision for this long is not exactly helpful.

Re: plane movement validation

not sure what you mean, can you explain better?

are you referring to the carrier - aircraft - movement stuff?  because that has never been perfect, forever...

Re: plane movement validation

squid_daddy
I mean If you move a plane 1 space during combat.
then during non com try to land it. you are told that you don't have enough movement.

isn't consistant though, if you fire up WWII V4, use british and try atttacking the german transports with planes.

the planes from england seem to be able to return. the one from africa cannot.

Re: plane movement validation

What SVN version are you using?

Re: plane movement validation

squid_daddy
most recent one, tried reverting back a fair way. seems to have existed for a while.

Re: plane movement validation

squid_daddy
error looks to be in checkUndefendedTransports.
sets units to 0 move when they inflict auto death to transports.
should not apply to planes.

i'm unsure why this change is even here. this should be done somewhere common to all
combats.
I Spy wiff my eye someone messin around wiff plane movements

Re: plane movement validation

douglyfresh
I've been seeing the same thing for a little while now.  Planes involved in naval combat often can't move during the non-combat phase, and must crash.  I'm running svn 2832, and the last couple games were WW2v3 1942.

Re: plane movement validation

yes that auto death to transports should only affect sea units, not aircraft.  (aircraft retain remaining movement after a battle)

Re: plane movement validation

@squid, I fixed it.

@ Kev,
,
This bug is still currently active. There are actually 3 scenarios:
1) attack an undefended transport (only trans)
2) attack a submarine (only subs)
3) attack a sub and trans (only subs and trans)

You only fixed case 1. If I fire up a game and attack cases 2 and 3, I
can move my sea units after the battle is over.

I tried looking in the code for the sections that delt with those cases,
but i could not find anything, so I'm leaving this one to you.

ps, I also fixed case 1, so that it only sets the attacker's Sea Units'
movement to Zero (aircraft should not be set to zero).

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3017798&group_id=44492&atid=439737