Quantcast

new posts not always showing when clicking last page

new posts not always showing when clicking last page

ice
as the title says, i dont always see the lates post if i open a topic, sometimes i see page x as latest, but when i click the latest reply its on page x+1

is there anyone who can fix this?

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
I confirm.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

GhostWriter
while this is not a cure, it might be a useful work-a-round.

after i have read all new messages since my last visit here, (and especially after i have made a post,) i just open a new folder with the tripleA bookmark i have on my tool-bar.

after deleting the old folder, the new (and, usually, only,) folder is opened and contains any new posts.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

I have alse seen this recently. Very annoying. Also getting mail notifications about new posts, but not seeing them when going to the website.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Yeah, I noticed this as well that sometimes the first post or 2 on a new page won't let you click over to that new page yet. Not sure what the issue is.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

I've no skills and no clue, but guessing maybe very long topics can generate forum problems?

I'm referring to "AI Development Discussion".

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
I still have the worry that something fishy is going on in the "AI Development Discussion" topic (no, I'm not talking about the AI).

If you notice, that one is the only one you can always go to the last page, but you can't directly jump to the last post.

Also, I've some fuzzy memories that very long topics might somehow cause problems to the whole forum.

My suggestion to the admins would be take a backup of forum and delete the "AI Development Discussion" topic; see if it fixes.

If it would be so, my suggestion would be splitting it at 1000 (or 500, if 1000 doesn't fix) posts, locking the old one. These problems might have started when that went over 1000.

Again, I've no skills; so, I'm just surmising.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

@Cernel - I believe you are correct. I'm guessing threads aren't supposed to go past 999 posts. Unfortunately, I don't know how to split the thread. If anyone does please let me know.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
I cannot read the latest posts of the WORLD AT WAR topic anymore, and that happened when it reached 997 replies (which means 998 posts).
As of now, I cannot see any work arounds for being able to read the two latest post (replies 997 and 998, by Rand and redrum, respectively) made there.
???

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
This is what you get in the "List" view:

Dec 23, 2010 sieg WORLD AT WAR – =WORLD AT WAR= "There is a New Age of War, the Total War." Beta Version 1.0 http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/16370441...
Dec 23, 2010 ice Let me be the first to thank seig for another great map, it looks awesome looking forward to play it allot andhelp with some ballance isues. ...
Dec 23, 2010 Swobo Awesome map, great work! just off the bat I noticed the Palana territory name is in the ocean and not on the actual territory
Dec 23, 2010 U-boat Just...beautiful. Will this be the replacement to NWO? Maybe this is a chance for people to learn a bigger map from scratch.
Dec 24, 2010 Veqryn looks wonderful, 1. one question for you though: are all of the territories and connections from NWO and TRS there? like, is this a combined w...
Dec 24, 2010 Swobo Same with E. Mexico
Dec 24, 2010 hepster Truly a thing of beauty! I wept just for a minute.
Dec 24, 2010 sieg hi, 1.its a combination of the main gamestructure of NWO and TRS, but completly redrawn and minimised in terretorys to get a playable shape. ...
Dec 24, 2010 Veqryn If you promise not to do anything evil, I can give you access to the sourceforge tripleamaps site, which would allow you to edit both the download...
Dec 24, 2010 Swobo how do the multiple capitals work in this one? and some of the canals may not be working properly... i was able to send Japanese ships through ...
Dec 25, 2010 Die Great map. This is awesome. Thanks for making it! A suggestion: I find it confusing to figure out which units are Allies and which units are Ax...
Dec 25, 2010 nolesfan1 I loveeeeeeee!!!!!! this map Sieg this is like nwo global I had been dreaming about for a long long time. there are a few errors and I have been p...
Dec 25, 2010 Axisgeneral WOW what a masterpiece! Played two games with my buddies last night and it was very well received. Have been one of your biggest fans. Seems l...
Dec 25, 2010 ice Hi seig here are some ideas to think about: 1-Dutch capitol in the netherlands in stead of dutch guyana (Suriname) a nice feature is that a...
Dec 25, 2010 Axisgeneral Few things that i wanted to mention. Why no trucks for USA? Also China should be able to build ships if for whatever reason they managed to...
Dec 25, 2010 Pulicat Great work sieg, Aesthetically you know i love the reliefs and the faded artwork on the map! I like the multiple capital concept too, that y...
Dec 26, 2010 JimmyHatfield I don't agree with the chinese ships, or at least not many. I'm fairly certain that the US supplied the transport for Chang Kaisheks troops when ...
Dec 26, 2010 wirkey I would certainly give the chinese at least the opportunity to buy ships, maybe no capital ships, but transport, pt, subs and destroyer, maybe cru...
Dec 26, 2010 Axisgeneral Another thought it making Murmansk USA and bumping the value to 2 to simulate Lend lease to USSR. Similar to having german Tobruk in the game to s...
Dec 26, 2010 Rolf *** QUICK TUTORIAL *** This map isn't quite as user-friendly as the rest, yet. That said, it's easy to get up and running. Step 1: Downloa...
Dec 26, 2010 sieg hi, thx for the reply to all :) sure there will be some corrections and balancings in the next updates, allways open for sugestions... @...
Dec 26, 2010 Pulicat Mac OSX: Put the .zip file in /Users//Documents/triplea/maps Mac OSX: put the save game file in /Users//Documents/triplea/savedGames puli
Dec 26, 2010 sieg thx pulicat greetz sieg
Dec 27, 2010 wirkey just had an idea about turn order: change to UK->ANZAC->DUTCH->FINNS->ROM won't affect blockbuilding/unblocking, at least in most ga...
Dec 27, 2010 Karl-591-2 There appears to be a connection between Berlin and Falkland that I don't think should be there.
Dec 27, 2010 sieg hehe, that was a joke connection, "the secret german move" hehe thx for reminding, will remove it... greetz sieg
Dec 27, 2010 Maquis aka Niklas nice Changes Sieg! 1.but seems like subs defend on 2 doesnt work at least for me. also if you buy them they are still shown as 2/1/2/6. and im ...
Dec 27, 2010 Imbaked If you want to simulate lend lease perhaps a Russian convoy zone in the North Atlantic and North Pacific. Great work siege! We are all in your...
Dec 27, 2010 wirkey it's me again what about combining dutch with belgium to benelux? Give them their home territories withour being capitals? Give them Congo (a...
Dec 27, 2010 nolesfan1 agreed wirkey, although I would call it ''the low countries'' as that is the more common term.
Dec 27, 2010 Ready I love the map, and the quality of work. Here is a list of map items which need some attention and an adjustment to the Pearl Harbor setup. **...
Dec 28, 2010 cardwell9 Thank you so much for your work. This map is amazing. I am so exited to play it. If this is the beta the final product will be spectacular!
Dec 28, 2010 sieg hi, @niklas, Korea is correctet for the next up and the neutrals in get a little boost in south america @wirkey,like the benelux idea, will ...
Dec 28, 2010 ice no it never was belgium, it has been dutch though but was in the 1500 or 1600, in 1939 it was a colonial of the british empire, yust wiki it ice
Dec 28, 2010 Karl-591-2 Yeah, South Africa was a British Dominion in 1939. The main Belgian possession in Africa was Congo.
Dec 28, 2010 ice victory city consept I think the map needs a victory city win condition so does seig, but he doesnt wanna think about it yet :). so i will try ...
Dec 29, 2010 Backi very great ,beautiful ,awsome, nobody can say how great the map is!!!!!!!!! CYA in WAR greetz der BACKI
Dec 30, 2010 sieg hi thx all for their nice feedback and great ideas. i will come back to some of the ideas postet here, but first i wanna test the beta v...
Dec 30, 2010 rockrobinoff Hey there, thanks fora great map. When it comes to saving a game in progress, can i save to any file, or must i save to the save game file prov...
Dec 30, 2010 Karl-591-2 Here's a small asthetic fix for those territory names that aren't on their territory: name_place.txt also, Southern Mongolia shouldn't be north ...
Dec 30, 2010 OnanTheBrBr Heya sieg, want to add congratulations for this map from my side. I just read the comments, and seems you did a fine job again. Did not look a...
Jan 01, 2011 Swobo Just a thought, and I know its not historically accurate, but to balance the gameplay in south america chile/lima could be controlled by an axis p...
Jan 01, 2011 SB7944 Looking for some help. I installed the Map and Save game exactly as Rolf described. But I still get an error message.... I am dying to play this m...
Jan 01, 2011 beelee go to your saved games folder it's next to maps it's in there
Jan 02, 2011 SB7944 Oh, thanks but I figured it out. You need to rename the zip file once you move it into the "Maps" folder.... This is the greatest mod of...
Jan 02, 2011 beelee sounds like a new ai is coming soon thanks to alot of hard work by veqryn wisconsin squid daddy and I imagine others thanks guys
Jan 02, 2011 ice Hi seig, some ballancing issues: russia doesnt get in trouble in any game yet, and allot of people agree with me on this. i strongly suggest...
Jan 06, 2011 lalapalooza Sieg, Great job on the map thus far, you sure know how to make maps that test the limits of human cognitive endurance! I know its still in t...
Jan 09, 2011 Edwin van der Wal What are those 3 flags and a-f circles for below South America?
Jan 11, 2011 Axisgeneral Another suggestion I have is a waiting period before Russia/Japan begin fighting. As it is there is very little incentive for Japan to fight China...
Jan 13, 2011 rockrobinoff So I have played this a bunch now... even managed to complete a game of 1.1.2. Enjoy very much how Africa works. It's a tense battle, or can be...
Jan 13, 2011 Jeddan First of all congrats on the beautiful and intriguing map. For some reason Berlin and Falkland can attack each other, probably wont change game...
Jan 14, 2011 Maquis first the new version looks really good! But i found some things... Katjuscha: Now its very cheep and after rd4 everyone will buy them if he need...
Jan 16, 2011 Axisgeneral No comments on removing the russian capitol in Kaask? Russia shouldnt lose its entire income by losing it. Somehow I doubt the remainder of the So...
Jan 16, 2011 sieg hi, sry guys at this time iam realy busy at work, i will take the time to make the next update in about 2 weeks. thx for the feedbacks so ...
Jan 16, 2011 Swobo Are there any plans to give a stuka-like tactical bomber to any nations other than Germany? maybe Japan, Italy, or US? Also, at the onset of W...
Jan 17, 2011 squid_daddy had a look and this looks fun. I'd be interested in getting a hold of the files no matter what state they are currently in. Just so i can test...
Jan 19, 2011 wirkey i talked with boshido about the big transports. We agree that you should make them either carrying 1 small, 2 big units, or change it to 4s/2s1b...
Jan 20, 2011 psi - deleted -
Jan 24, 2011 grizzly the game feels kinda sluggish. if the second dutch capital was removed it could delete a turn that seems kinda pointless because i dont see a cont...
Jan 24, 2011 squid_daddy the AI assumes 1 capital, it will operate with whichever one happens to be first in the list.
Jan 24, 2011 ice I agree with axis general that the east russia capitol should be removed, it has no historical or tactical use of anykind to be a capital. dut...
Jan 28, 2011 Armchair Veteran I tried playing on all human mode to test game and i was able to attack german territories on turn 1 with the Russians!! I thought the russians ty...
Jan 28, 2011 Swobo Sieg, Encountered a dilemma playing today and wanted the answer from the horse's mouth. Are canals only supposed to function if they are owned...
Jan 28, 2011 ice can only move trough a canal if you own the adjecent coutry(s). owning means its under your alliance control from the beginning of your turn. so c...
Jan 28, 2011 Axisgeneral I agree with Ice on all his points. Dutch capitol should be in Europe and not in Borneo. However their only other capitol should be in S Ameri...
Jan 30, 2011 sieg hi, i in generl I agree with the sugesstions. -removing kaask capital is right from an historical view, but maybe it forces the russ to send...
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis Hi coward siege... can you give me the step by step to installed it? I cannot played it!
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis hola cobarde! me puedes guiar en como instalarlo? no puedo jugarlo!
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis hi coward ice! can you give me the step by step to installed it? I cannot played it!
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis hi coward ernie! can you give me the step by step to installed it? I cannot played it!
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis this is what appears can someone help me? java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found too many files for:=WORLD AT WAR= found:[C:\Users\ANGEL\Docume...
Jan 31, 2011 grizzly the dutch should be a weak power that isnt even in the game after a few rounds, unless of course a liberation occurs. and the only capital should ...
Jan 31, 2011 Gneis can you give me the step by step to installed it? I cannot played it!
Jan 31, 2011 Veqryn perhaps sieg will post the complete zip with xml, that way I can post it on the map repository, that way you can install this map without issues g...
Jan 31, 2011 squid_daddy since we may soon have an unstable release and we have some good maps like this in later stage development, I'd like to ask the authors directly i...
Jan 31, 2011 Namolis Thanks to Sieg for a great map. Just want to say to grizzly that I think it doesn't have to apologize for being large and epic; that's the whole p...
Jan 31, 2011 ice can someone plz delete gneis's 6 same post spam, nice way to make a treath too long gneis
Jan 31, 2011 Axisgeneral Well I think if Russia ignores the east too long they will be in trouble anyways. I know if I am playing russia I would still max produce in Kaask...
Jan 31, 2011 ice want to ask to change or delete the bigtranny btw, at the moment it can carry 2 big and 1 small unit or 4 small in game notes it saiz 2 small 1...
Jan 31, 2011 Swobo There are also some issues with the elites and marines. The notes say elites are supposed to be 3/2/1 at a cost of 4, but for every country they ...
Jan 31, 2011 sieg Changelog: 1.1.3 -Falkland connect removed. -Us -1 Bomber,-1 E.fighter in S.F -Pearl -1 PU -Anzac -1 PU in S.Australia -Anzac -1 Dest...
Feb 01, 2011 grizzly believe me im not against a big America, as i know historically it was building more weapons than everyone else combined. however America having m...
Feb 01, 2011 pug6000 When you change names, you should not use Gdansk AND Danzig - it's both the same.
Feb 01, 2011 sieg lol ok^^ greets
Feb 03, 2011 Gneis Hi coward Sieg, I think you should consider do something with the truck thing maybe 2 for 9 ipcs, at 5 ipcs each, everyone prefers armours over tr...
Feb 03, 2011 Boshido Great Map!!! My thoughts on: Gibraltar Channel: In WW2 many German/Italy Uboats move through the channel. So it should be no channel in t...
Feb 03, 2011 sieg hi, @gneis i think i will change the trucks to 1/2/3@4 in the next up. @boshido yeah, think the same. but not completle convinced to remove ...
Feb 04, 2011 grizzly What about moving the central russian capital a little eastward and eliminating kask as a capital? Japan can still get a capital of Russias, bu...
Feb 04, 2011 Axisgeneral Simple solution in the event Sieg decides not to move Kaask capitol is making a house rule of no Japan attacks on Russia for 3-4 rounds. That will...
Feb 04, 2011 ice @ ag, i do not agree that kaask capital is unballanced, i do agree that it should not be there though. reason why it isnt unballanced is becaus...
Feb 05, 2011 nicework have you added this yet as a xml ive played it its great map very intertaining just dont like to have to go to saved game to start game it dont sh...
Feb 05, 2011 lalapalooza I'm no coder, so this is a suggestion from ignorance. In reference to the Kaask/multiple capitals debate is there another possibility? Inst...
Feb 05, 2011 Skarn WARNING [AWT-EventQueue-0] prefs->Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...)...
Feb 06, 2011 Skarn I solved the problem, thx 4 creating this wonderful map :) But why do u expert guys make it so difficult to install and not about the standard ...
Feb 06, 2011 ysson There are two factories in Madrid. Seoul is in Korea not in Manchuria.
Feb 06, 2011 grizzly It seems weird that certian areas, including spain, finland and thailand, are more territories than they were in nwo or trs. especially since alot...
Feb 07, 2011 Gneis MMM dont like Trucks defending at 2, I think is better solution the 2 for 9 ipcs option ask the rest of the cowards so we see what they think, I a...
Feb 08, 2011 grizzly i agree america should have trucks, or at least the european side should ( i still would like to see a divide between macarthur and eisenhower). i...
Feb 08, 2011 OnanTheBrBr Mot.Inf are not supportable on purpose. Why? Because (especially for the axis), range 3 attacks are already very powerful a tool to play with...
Feb 08, 2011 armypaladin In the game options, one of the options is for national objectives. Is there really national objectives on this map, or was this put there by mis...
Feb 08, 2011 grizzly a mot inf that costs 5, with 1/3/3 proved to be an almost unbought unit. only costing 4 it was too strong on this map. i dont see anything too str...
Feb 10, 2011 Armchair Veteran OK. Hang on to your helmets. I'm probably going to knock the tracks off some of your tanks here but what needs to be done needs to be done. Whethe...
Feb 10, 2011 dav_eagle hi seig one more price tweak you cannot have SS cost 10 they are same as a cruiser which costs 12 except they move 3 not 2 so that means ...
Feb 11, 2011 blacknight @Armchair Veteran: Thanks for the suggestions. It came across very aggressively which I don't feel is how your intended it, so will take it as...
Feb 11, 2011 grizzly Hey armchair! 1st of all, blacknight is right you come off as very aggresive. You seem like a 5 year old on coffee, alot of random sporadic id...
Feb 12, 2011 Armchair Veteran @ 5 year old grizzly Wow! You have absolutely no constructive or logical criticism of any kind, and YOU are the one who sounds like a 5 year ol...
Feb 12, 2011 armypaladin Dont worry too much about what grizzly said. I know for a fact that he has not played many other war games, and that he does indeed belittle other...
Feb 12, 2011 grizzly The engine cant handle 90% of what you posted. If what you posted does take effect its basically a different game. If you can create a game with t...
Feb 12, 2011 Swobo I agree with Eagle, Super Subs are too cheap... they need to be at least 12, maybe more
Feb 12, 2011 Axisgeneral I agree also on the SuperSubs. Should be 12
Feb 13, 2011 ice hmm duno, think i would like the subs stay at 10 but the cruisers to 11, seems like a big pu gap between defend 2 and defend 3 ships. cruisers sho...
Feb 13, 2011 Swobo but the super subs can also transport a unit and with their special sub abilities can be used to surprise and take undefended strategic territorie...
Feb 13, 2011 grizzly i would vote for cruisers costing more than super subs. and i like how everyone ignored the argument and focused on the real game :) i wish i ...
Feb 13, 2011 Odesa What about the following unit price chart? Most kept the same, minor tweaks to what we have so far. UNIT Cost Attack Defend Move ...
Feb 15, 2011 lolord Cool looking map guy! Some small changes: change spelling from "San Fransisco" to "San Francisco". Also, San Fransisco is ...
Feb 16, 2011 Boshido PLEASE REMOVE RUSSIAN FOURTH CAPITOL! It was winter 1949 and a long war. Germanys main army conquer Aleksandrokowskoe and Omsk. In the same tim...
Feb 17, 2011 Veqryn in the next unstable, you will be able to specify by player exactly how many capitals they must lose before they can not collect income or produce...
Feb 17, 2011 Namolis I think the fourth Russian capital should go, or this should be the case for all other forces as well. As with most global games, if allies focuse...
Feb 18, 2011 lolord Also, why is The Netherlands neutral rather than Dutch-controlled at the start? Thanks for making this! -Lullard
Feb 18, 2011 FireZealot Hi I am having trouble playing the game. I followed Rolf's guide (I'm using Windows 7 64bit) but I've had no luck. I cant find the game in the ...
Feb 18, 2011 FireZealot I'm very confused with the posting on this thread. I'm posting, and I see it under "my posts" and its visible when you see the most rece...
Feb 19, 2011 lenny11 how do i get latest map version, i see ukraine as 2 prod. on my map, watched other games i see its worth 4?
Feb 19, 2011 FireZealot Also, not to be nit-picky, but some of the names of the territories dont make sense (as others have stated, like California/Oregon). Smolensk is t...
Feb 19, 2011 Longo2guns Thanks for another great game Sieg, I am a huge fan of NWO and I've played five games of WaW now and really enjoyed it. I have a few suggestio...
Feb 20, 2011 armypaladin Great Map. Is there a way to get this map on the latest triple a engine(1_2_6_0)? There doesnt seem to be a save file for WaW to go in...
Mar 02, 2011 kesselring Hi everybody. First of all: Congrads to sieg to a really great map. I dont think there has much to be changed to outbalance this map. Only japa...
Mar 03, 2011 Axisgeneral After playing many games I have come to the conclusion that UK needs a little more fleet around its home islands. It seems the Germans are able to...
Mar 03, 2011 ice maybe historicaly you are right but ballance wise its a really bad idea, with kjf strategies europe axis should be expanding fast in all direction...
Mar 03, 2011 FireZealot what does KJF strategies stand for?
Mar 03, 2011 ice kjf = kill japan first kgf = kill germany first usualy used to determine which side usa will go with all there cash ice btw at the pa...
Mar 10, 2011 sieg Changelog: 1.1.4 U.K. +1 Inf. in E.Egypt Removed Strat. Bomb from STUKA +1 Bomber in Central U.S for America ------------------------...
Mar 10, 2011 ice thanks for the update and I made a reminder for updating the gamenotes next version: add trucks and stats mechinf to cost6 destroyer defend2 ...
Mar 15, 2011 FireZealot What are the Stuka stats? They're not in game notes. I THINK they are a 3-1-4-8 unit that gives arty support. Is this right? Also, I realize y...
Mar 22, 2011 rockrobinoff So have played approximately a dozen games of World at War now (including all versions up to 114) and think it my favourite A&A game to date. ...
Mar 22, 2011 E-Kat79 This map looks awesome! Any ideas when it'll be released to the Repository for general downloadery? I'm dying to give it a try.
Mar 22, 2011 rockrobinoff just download the save file and proceed as you would loading any other save game. you should have no problems
Mar 23, 2011 nathangun Hi all, I'm new to the game, downloaded Triple A and the World at WAR mod two days ago and I'm hooked:) Looks damn good, thanks for all the hard...
Mar 27, 2011 lalapalooza One recommendation that I would like to make is to eliminate what looks like a connection between Sukhalin and N. Japan. A friend thought it was a...
Apr 02, 2011 de10mile A few things, First off thank you for your hard work, this is in my opinion the most fun map available. I feel as though there are a few ba...
Apr 02, 2011 rockrobinoff i don't know about axis always winning in europe or allies always winning the pacific. the first 'problem' that axis must solve in europe is t...
Apr 02, 2011 ice u gave the solution urself, usa needs to do something in euro/afrika or ger/ita become too big. imo usa cannot offord to ignore 1 side totaly, ...
Apr 02, 2011 U-boat sieg you know you can edit your main post to include the new save file and updates list.
Apr 03, 2011 Veqryn so when do we get to see the full zip file with xml included?
Apr 05, 2011 de10mile In the 30+ games I have played, I have yet to see an axis victory in the pacific. I have seen plenty of allied victories in the euro theatre, but ...
Apr 05, 2011 rockrobinoff you've had 30 games of this since the end of december 2010? WOW. it normally takes me a minimum of 3 four hour sessions to complete a game of this...
Apr 06, 2011 baconlol Thailand has this odd habit of getting their unit purchase window cut off. In almost every map where Thais are playable. And its almost always JUS...
Apr 06, 2011 Jureil Once you get some games under your belt the Axis will be easier and they are a slight advantage in this game I think unlike NWO where Allies have ...
Apr 06, 2011 ice its funny how people say that maps are unballanced so easy, nwo doesnt favour the allies, beleve me. think 90% of the experienced players agree wi...
Apr 06, 2011 rockrobinoff couldn't agree more Ice. it is kind of amazing how quickly people are willing to come to conclusions about very complex games. working out jus...
Apr 06, 2011 Jureil Not sure if the last 2 posts where addressed to me but if you read my post at the end I said it was well balanced. Regards
Apr 06, 2011 ice quote: unlike NWO where Allies have the advantage. not an attack btw all cool, giving my oppinion on a game which i have played over 200...
Apr 07, 2011 Jureil It's all good Ice. Advantage was not the best choice of words but I think very slight edge would be a better word...my bad, and just my opin...
Apr 11, 2011 Joe Pants Seig, I just have to tell you...this game made my eyes water in delight. Thanks a million for putting the time in.
Apr 11, 2011 ice ok my request list for seig to think about for next update, including old posts: 1- unit stats in gamenotes: -add trucks and stats -mech...
Apr 11, 2011 rockrobinoff if i had my way i would streamline the units and remove both the big transport, and the abilities of naval ships other than transports to carry ...
Apr 11, 2011 zlefin is there a timetable for the map getting released? (thru the normal map system; and without having to use this save game stuff/weird setup). eve...
Apr 16, 2011 Blitzkrieg428 Hey Seig, I just wanted to say that this is a great map. I have been playing it non-stop since i downloaded it. Just a couple things, mostly ma...
Apr 17, 2011 Axis Overlord I CAN'T MAKE IT WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
May 01, 2011 Blitzkrieg428 Ice earlier you were talking about the victory cities. Now I can understand balance-wise where you would be going with making the axis surrender ...
May 01, 2011 FireZealot I see your point, but its more of a fun mode to push combat towards theatres that may not be looked at otherwise. Normally, South America may be r...
May 01, 2011 Veqryn sieg, its been almost 6 months since this was released, when are we going to see a full map zip including the xml? even sgb has asked tha...
May 01, 2011 baconlol You are using the right version of triple a? And you aren't trying to run it from the XML are you? It doesn't seem to work that way. You ha...
May 01, 2011 ice wel dont think anyone wants to play this map until every inch of the map has been conquered by 1 side, the nice thing bout victory citys is that t...
May 02, 2011 Blitzkrieg428 oh well i am not necessarily saying that the axis would have to be completely conquered, but like Firezealot said if they have already lost more ...
May 02, 2011 ice ok updated my request list, including old post, hope seig shows up sometime :) 1- unit stats in gamenotes: -add katayusha and stats, make c...
May 02, 2011 rockrobinoff I am all for most of what you suggest except for the above. Its not like Russia or Japan can ignore an attack in the east, so suggesting that ...
May 02, 2011 Jureil Very interesting ideas ice for the Anzac/USA modification and the Russia/Japan theater. Has anyone played any real long games of W@W yet and wh...
May 02, 2011 FireZealot I disagree -- more units mean more fun. I just think Sieg had a minor error and gave them the same stats. In Rising Sun the elite fights as a ...
May 16, 2011 NuclearWinters Sieg it's been a couple months since we've seen you aruond the forums or the lobby. The old lobby will be going out of service soon because there'...
May 16, 2011 Veqryn I would like to 2nd that, Sieg, can you please release a full map zip, including the map xml, please? thanks, veq
May 21, 2011 Caramon WORLD AT WAR - new file? – HI Sieg, robin123 said to me, that a new file WAW exist. with changing moveorder and so ... Please, can you out them into the forum. t...
May 21, 2011 Caramon rule question - blue dodd channel – HI, Is it possible to move throught blue dodd channels with air units, when you did not own both territory? thanks in advance
May 22, 2011 corsair Can someone link me to the lobby 1.3.1 WaW tsvg?
May 22, 2011 Swobo ditto
May 23, 2011 Veqryn Sieg, release the xml please! triplea is open source, and all games released on it have to be open source too!
May 23, 2011 Edwin van der Wal Even though I agree with Veqryn the XML should be released (because it is too much of a pain to write an export script) that way more people c...
May 23, 2011 ice It may not be convienient, but i also think seig has the right to descide for his own work. but maybe seig could appoint 1 person as trustpers...
May 24, 2011 NuclearWinters Sieg I hope that all is well with you when you read this. It's been quite some time since your last appearance on the forums or in the game. Thank...
May 25, 2011 bob love the map. If there is a dutch faction why isn't the Netherlands part of it.
May 27, 2011 shadowassault87 could you help me when i try to start the game my triple a says: could not find file for map =WORLD AT WAR=
May 31, 2011 alfmeister Even with all of the errors this version of TripleA is my favorite. I won't change to a newer version of TripleA until I'm sure that WAW will play...
May 31, 2011 rockrobinoff there is already an updated version of this map running on the new triplea. older saves will not work. Sent from my iPod On May 30, 2011, at...
May 31, 2011 sbates7944 How can one obtain this map for version 1.3.1?
May 31, 2011 rockrobinoff find someone in the lobby willing to host a game and have you save it.
May 31, 2011 sneakingcoward WAW map for 1.3.1.1 – the save 1.1.5 for triplea 1.3.1.1 is here. https://sites.google.com/site/tripleamarshal/home/%3DWORLD_AT_WAR%3D1.1.5.tsvg?attredirects=0&d...
May 31, 2011 alfmeister Thank you for the link. The AI on 1.3.1.1 is much faster than 1.2.5
Jun 05, 2011 Gneis Hi coward , the link is no more available, can you give us a new one so we can play World at War?
Jun 05, 2011 Gneis How can one obtain this map for version 1.3.1 coward Sieg?
Jun 06, 2011 Odesa Re: WORLD AT WAR BALANCE NEEDED – Sieg and others, I want to get some input on the game balance. I understand changes proposed by ICE but whether I play Allies or Axis I find t...
Jun 06, 2011 sneakingcoward you are playing the wrong people.... axis in pacific are not strong....
Jun 08, 2011 Depopulator1488 Its easier for America to push Japan out of borneo and the phillipines than it is for germany to conquer russia. In my opinion the game would be m...
Jun 08, 2011 FireZealot To play the devils advocate, isn't that true? I mean the US was MUCH more powerful than Japan. The Soviets and Germans were near equals, the US an...
Jun 09, 2011 crazygerman Please get us an xml sieg. Leaving us with this savegame is just a tease... and btw i support a split America and Japan. It helps Japan to be a...
Jun 09, 2011 ice this map is so big and there are so many possabilaties and oppinions of players, wich is a good thing meaning the map is popular, but it would be ...
Jun 09, 2011 Depopulator1488 In my opinion, katyushas should cost either 5.5 or 6 but definitely not 5. Russia, England, America, and their allies should not have super subs b...
Jun 10, 2011 crazygerman @ depopulator, Im pretty sure the Germans had the most advanced submarine technology by far, not the Japanese. And i rarely find a need to fly pla...
Jun 11, 2011 Depopulator1488 @crazygerman: Yes I agree that Germany had the most superior submarines in the war. By referring to Japan as the only power to have "super su...
Jun 13, 2011 Axis Overlord It tells me that an error has occurred, and a java box pops up telling me a shit ton of stuff I don't understand. I tried opening the save file, a...
Jun 14, 2011 sieg hi, here is the complete game in stage 1.5 it would be nice if it could be uploaded to the depot. -----------------------------------...
Jun 14, 2011 Veqryn wonderful sieg! i'll upload it right away, also, may I ask: would you be ok with removing the special characters from the zip filename an...
Jun 14, 2011 ice wohooooo great thanks seig and V for uploading. yeah would make more sence if all 3 maps have same rules and options concerning bunkers and ...
Jun 16, 2011 sieg hi, thx for uploading it feel free to upgrade the xml like in nwo. greetz sieg
Jun 17, 2011 spillblood Insane map. I bet this takes forever to play with AIs. Congratulations, Sieg! Hehe, I think I'll try to play through one full game, but not in one...
Jun 17, 2011 crazygerman Sieg, have you considered adding any new features to the map? Now the loss of a capital can only mean losing a part of your income. I think thi...
Jun 27, 2011 Odesa ICE, Crazy German says I've been playing the wrong players so my apologies for playing WAW with you several times. I think the US vs Japan iss...
Jul 04, 2011 crazygerman Odesa - I have never said anything like that to you. I think somebody else said that. I proposed some Ideas using new features that could real...
Jul 06, 2011 zlefin there's a bug in current version where Motor Infantry aren't actually giving an attack bonus.
Jul 09, 2011 Veqryn Hey Sieg, I updated to version 1.1.6, making it use triggers to have the red dots not appear before round 4, and allow bunkers to be placed wit...
Jul 18, 2011 sieg hi, thx for the ongoing support of my maps :) nice u updatet the red dot stuff, and yes the mot.inf shouldnt support... greetz sieg
Jul 20, 2011 Veqryn it is the least i can do for the most popular map maker, let me know if you have any updates, or if you don't have time and want to make a c...
Aug 01, 2011 mmanary Hello, I am a long time player, first time poster. I just have a quick couple suggestions and questions: Territory name "Ehtiopia"...
Aug 02, 2011 ice about the kamikaza planes, its not this map but all maps have the same problem, its you who needs to look for landing spots and make sure ur not k...
Aug 29, 2011 Odesa Any updated file for the latest lobby triplea version? My WAW 1.4 won't work with the current 1.3.2.2, any ideas?
Aug 30, 2011 ice u still alive? :) did you redownload it? and then use the world at war version withouth the *waw* or #waw# hope to see ya in the lobby somet...
Sep 15, 2011 Barry Loved the map. It's very well done. Question. Normally, Allies make a whole lot more in PCs but the Axis start up with more units. In this map,...
Sep 17, 2011 efra question for rule/engine experts in a game with a good friend of mine we encountered a situation where we are not sure if it's a bug or just pa...
Sep 19, 2011 Kastagir Very ambitious and impressive map. I have a couple of questions, however: What year is this meant to represent? I know the focus of NWO is pl...
Dec 21, 2011 wargamer I enjoy this map and game; however, I'm curious why the canal rule doesn't work -- i.e. one should only be able to move through controlled canals...
Dec 21, 2011 wirkey i guess it's a problem with the engine. It can't deal with multiple canals attached to a single territory (like the island chains). Afaik this is ...
Dec 21, 2011 Veqryn no, this is a problem with the map xml the engine can currently handle multiple canals, I've made sure of it someone just needs to update th...
Dec 22, 2011 wargamer Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense as I found the Suez canal does work correctly as you said -- but not all the darn ones in Indonesia.
Jan 16, 2012 Human Very new to triplea so here's a newb question: I'm confused to how support works for some of the units. How do motorized units support infantr...
Mar 18, 2012 sieg hi folks, long time wasent on here...but glad to find this promotion on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivY3jFXoXSY have fun sieg
Feb 16, 2013 breonk Awesome Map Sieg! I am working on tweeking some of the items on it since I have not seen an update on the map in a long time. I know that plenty...
Jan 02, 2014 Ranklepuss I was wondering if anyone else out there is having problems with this map. My main issue is that I can't see a clear path for the Axis to win. The...
Jan 02, 2014 ice ok short description on 1 way to play axis (there are many) germany: importand: take paris round 3! warsaw round 2 keep ur fleet alive aroun...
Jan 03, 2014 Ranklepuss Hi Ice, Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what we're doing wrong in our games, as that's essentially the strategy we've been playing....
Jan 03, 2014 ice its all about speed i gues, and yes sometimes the map is a bit slow, i could ofcource reccomend the 1940 version :) but about this scenario, i...
Mar 06, 2014 Veqryn Can someone who plays this map take it over please? Sieg is clearly MIA for 2 years or more. The engine actually allows multiple canals, you j...
Mar 06, 2014 ice i will give it a shot, i can study the new canals from the rising sun and use that for waw aswel ballance wise i dont wanna change anything rea...
Mar 14, 2014 ice fixed canals and updated gamenotes images fix, i have no clue. improvements to the map neither World_At_War.xml World_At_War_1940.xml
Dec 04, 2014 sieg Hey, long time not here ;) but glad triplea still exists and developed well, hehe last week i played a round of waw with the freshest versio...
Dec 04, 2014 wirkey Omg, he is still alive... Don't know why the pictures don't load anymore. The island connection picture is from TRS though, but it wasn't incl...
Dec 04, 2014 Cernel Welcome back sieg. As you can see in "new_world_order", you just need to put the images you want to inside a "doc/images" f...
Jan 07, 2015 Serdeval I have been playing "WatW FUEL AA Range" a lot lately and have some suggestions that I´m sure will improve the map: 1) The actual nee...
Jan 08, 2015 ice your posting in the wrong topic. waw fuel is a mod of WAW and has a different creator. i suggest looking for the corrrect topic and copy thi...
Nov 28, 2015 Bungo Fantastic map! Very fun to play. I wonder, would it be stepping on anyone's toes if I changed names of territories? I don't want to upset anyon...
Nov 28, 2015 ice changing territory names will break all compatabilaty with mods of the map, if u look in the maplist there are quite a few :) but i agree some ...
Nov 28, 2015 Cernel As long as, in all places outside the xml, you don't switch names around, but change names to previously unused ones, and keep also the old refere...
Nov 28, 2015 Bungo By keeping both old and new names, do you mean copy/pasting every changed entry to two entries, one with old name and one with new name? Whethe...
Nov 29, 2015 crazy_german This would work. Though you don't need 2 for every single entry (Berlin or Paris don't need new names). I think that this map and also NWO/TR...
Nov 30, 2015 Navalland Axis can take borneo in round 1 and take malaya in round 2.
Dec 02, 2015 Bungo Yeah, I see, those would've been pretty quick as well. So by hard, you mean it'll be hard to get anything I do accepted? And surely I won't be ...
Dec 03, 2015 redrum So my thoughts are for abandoned maps (creator has been MIA for a year or more): - If you are making only aesthetic changes or bug fixes then a...
Dec 03, 2015 crazy_german Of course you can make a version for you and your friends to play. Perhaps you could get it uploaded to make it available on bots (call it a mod o...
Dec 03, 2015 redrum I actually think we should be more willing to change the official version for maps that are abandoned (for at least small changes that are agreed ...
Dec 03, 2015 crazy_german I completely agree. I was thinking perhaps a more specific policy would be a good move though. For example, if 2/3 of some group of people chose t...
Dec 03, 2015 ice i wouldnt mind being an advisor for seig maps, i was there for all of the ballance cycles and often spoke with seig about the maps. so i think i h...
Dec 03, 2015 Navalland i really hate small countries. Small country is slowing down the game. And Japan is doomed to lose in pacific.
Dec 03, 2015 Bungo I do understand reluctance to change other people's work without their permission, that is as it should be. I'll wait and see what comes of it. ...
Dec 16, 2015 redrum I just loaded up this map and I get a bunch of 'No Image Found Under doc/images directory' blocks where images should be. Is that a known issue wi...
Dec 16, 2015 ice seig posted them on page 12 of this topic
Dec 16, 2015 redrum Oh ok I see them. Surprised no one added them back in considering that was a year ago... Are there any other bugs/issues with the map that are ...
Dec 16, 2015 ice only thing i know is that i didnt succeed in fixing cannel sz 105-109
Dec 16, 2015 redrum Alright. I can take a look at the canal as well. Here are some additional note fixes as well: http://cellargaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=25&...
Dec 16, 2015 Cernel Despite the fact that normally in TA works different, cuz people are obliged to play by engine restrictions and usually there is noone adressing t...
Dec 16, 2015 Cernel Actually, ice and whoever plays this map (idk how you do it), looks like all canals are broken just like 105-109. The (wrong) behaviour for 105...
Dec 16, 2015 redrum @Cernel - Some day I'll have to teach you to be more concise so I don't have to read so much :) So for the most part, I'm going to assume the g...
Dec 16, 2015 Cernel Probably Sied doesn't remember what he was thinking anyway.
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel It is my strong opinion that whenever the rules and the engine-enforched behaviour differ, the rules should prevail, but, as I said, most people t...
Dec 17, 2015 ice no we play it corectly cernel, and im pretty sure all cannals exept that 1 work like that if i remember correctly i put 3 or more cannals depen...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel The behaviour for the 105-109 is that you are able to pass only if Mindor, Boho and Mindanao are all friendly. So, that works fine as well, ass...
Dec 17, 2015 ice i dont know why u think u need all canals but u really dont, 1 canal is needed to pass trough as seig played this with me and others from day 1 ...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel And that's exactly why I suggested redrum letting an actual veteran player of this map doing the work... I (and redrum) just assumed you need a...
Dec 17, 2015 redrum @ice - Cernel is correct. Canals work consistently across WaW and you must own *ALL* canals between 2 sea zones in order to pass between them. Thi...
Dec 17, 2015 ice yes im 100% sure, no matter what people use in that tournament. and i can tell you that the experts of this map (who dont play dice tournaments) a...
Dec 17, 2015 redrum @ice - Ok. I'd like to fix the map the proper way and believe you but I'd recommend you open it up and you'll see that none of the canals work the...
Dec 17, 2015 ice quote from veqryn about the multiple cannals on page 12 of this topic: no, this is a problem with the map xml the engine can currently handl...
Dec 17, 2015 redrum @ice - Right so the engine can 'handle multiple canals' but it treats them as you need to own all of them to move between sea zones. So I think Ve...
Dec 17, 2015 ice its not multiple canals if its yust 1 canal
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel at redrum: I strongly believe that the current default behaviour for canals should be kept, and I think it would be nice having the OR alternat...
Dec 17, 2015 ice wel i dont reccomend changing the map mechanics to the engine, in wich case you must say kamikaza is allouwed aswel. since the engine clearly supp...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel Moreover, a side thing that the nice addition of a per-canal OR possibility (off as default) would allow is the representation of straits, where y...
Dec 17, 2015 pug6000 I was just asked to tell tales from the crypt ... or beginning. I way tester of the first versions. Sieg always wanted that you can pass a chan...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel So, redrum, as to dissipate the fog, on very general term the deal is the following: - There are some things in which the notes say 1 thing and...
Dec 17, 2015 redrum @pug6000 - Ok, thanks for your input. Do you know if the game engine actually ever worked that way? Or did you always need to manually edit for it...
Dec 17, 2015 epinikion @redrum thx for your work at waw i have tons of ladder games and i hope it wont be changed too much. for the canals i agree 100% with Pugs p...
Dec 17, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 We have been playing that you have to own all sides of a canal to pass through. This is from players who use TripleA to play and have not been in...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel 1) I would ask Veqryn why the current behaviour has been set as having the AND thing (maybe be was a SB decision back in v1 tho), instead of OR, a...
Dec 17, 2015 ice we as veterans never had this issue, because we played and ballanced with the creator Seig, so you being new to the map saying the notes arent cle...
Dec 17, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 In addition to "play them as they work", another indicator that the engine is working properly is the following: Changelog: 1.1.9(ice...
Dec 17, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 The problem with edits is that editing that would be almost a turn by turn issue in the Pacific. What is wrong with just playing the game as it s...
Dec 17, 2015 ice wel first notice the authors name on that changelog :) I cant really defend myself on that matter too good now, since it was in 2011, but i hon...
Dec 17, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 LOL about the author -- you guys have worked hard on all of this! I really do want to defend how the game functions currently for a minute. It i...
Dec 17, 2015 Cernel Me myself, even not playing WaW at all, I'm actually very surprised you all at AA org ended up playing like that (against the rules and the common...
Dec 18, 2015 Cernel Taking into account all the imputs, my solution to the current issues would be this: 1) Make the AND/OR for canals as a property being AND as d...
Dec 18, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 Having the setting editable would be great! I actually do like how it is set up now (I wasn't at first with the multiple canals, but I've grown t...
Dec 18, 2015 ice u can always use whatever houserule ofcource, but from multiple standpoints it wont hold 1. the creator specificaly wrote it in the rules, mayb...
Dec 19, 2015 redrum @all - I've added the images back and cleaned up the game notes. Here is the latest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IYMG8ratY0RjBYUGFv...
Dec 19, 2015 Cernel As I said, I truly believe that maps should be handled by people that like and play them; but I'll keep an eye here and say something if I see som...
Dec 19, 2015 Cernel Regarding graphic, I don't like doing it much, but I can do it; but, again, since I've never played this map, not even with AI, and hardly ever lo...
Dec 19, 2015 redrum @Cernel - So I agree that those that play the map and the experts would be the best to update it but we've had no images in the notes for like 2 y...
Dec 20, 2015 ice i duno how things work right now, but those lines existed to make the islands connectable. without the lines in the past you yust couldnt move any...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Correct, currently the only way to be sure a territory will be over another is that the territory underneat ends with "Sea Zone". Scarri...
Dec 20, 2015 redrum @ice - I'm aware of the line issue. Though I believe NWO (Baleares) was fixed so I'd probably propose similar solutions here if possible. I'd say ...
Dec 20, 2015 Frostion @Redrum and Cernel (post updated/edited) These problems are the same right? - Line should be clear not gray between Gibralter and Tanger - Lin...
Dec 20, 2015 ice those are the extra impassable capitals, once a nation is without a capital it will still function because of those, i dont like em, but thats wha...
Dec 20, 2015 redrum @Frostion - Responses: 1. Exactly. Just need to remove the gray so it doesn't look like the territories are connected by land. 2. Not sure w...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel No, actually also the line Izmir and Cyprus is not functional to separating sea zones. So, here it is a correct list: 1- Newfoundland - remo...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel ice, can you confirm that Russia is the only 1 nation that may still collect income and even produce after all its capitals are captured?
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel u sure you don't even want to add 1 single german armor somewhere. I remember the general consensus was the map very close to balance but maybe ve...
Dec 20, 2015 Frostion @Cernel + Redrum I have been doing some work already, but not everything on the to-do-list. I have actually only done three things: Removed the e...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Tx Frostion but, as I said, removing references to whatever old stuff in the centers.txt, place.txt, etc.txt is exactly what one should not do, be...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Also, having islands as islands, crossing your fingers that will be selectable, and adressing only the one that ends up not being so it's a bad ab...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel It just doesn't work in both cases, actually. Doesn't matter the island-sea border being 1 pixel tick or more; the only reason why Falkland ar...
Dec 20, 2015 ice 1. ok about the abc islands that are for the extra capitals, currently 3 nations have the impassable capital, russia,brits and usa 2. a suggest...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Thanks for the answer, but I need a more precise one: 1) Is russia the only player in the game that keeps collecting and producing with no capi...
Dec 20, 2015 ice 1, no its brit usa and russia 2 i agree thats it not landconnected 3 make it a cannal, spots are rarely used anyways and makes most sence ice
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Good idea on the rules; I suggest you write them down. In particular, almost noone actually read the rulebook, so people ends up playing wrongl...
Dec 20, 2015 Frostion @All Yes, the most safe and sound thing to do with the islands are probably the old single border line going out from island, so that the sea nev...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Sorry but really want to be sure: 1) Are you really saying that both America and Britain keep collecting and producing with no capitals, de...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Honestly, I know I'll find a way somehow but I haven't thought about it yet. But yes, I would like to merge the base and relief into only relief, ...
Dec 20, 2015 ice single blue dots and land connections are not related, single blue dots and double dots reprisent canals, where there is room there are 2dots, if ...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel So, how do people see if a canal has a land connection or not?
Dec 20, 2015 Frostion @cernel Out of curiosity, is there some kind of TribleA build in feature that allows reconstruction of a large map png based on the hundreds of ...
Dec 20, 2015 ice @ cernel, atm they dont
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Ok, I see, the fact that everywhere there are two dots there is not a land connection and everywhere there is one dot there is the land connection...
Dec 20, 2015 Cernel Engine Preferences / Run The Map Creator / Optional Things / Run The Tile Image Reconstructor
Dec 20, 2015 ice There are many land connections whitout blue dots
Dec 20, 2015 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. Yeah, I agree with ice lets make Rhodes-Izmir a single blue dot canal. 2. At this point, I don't plan to make any ch...
Dec 20, 2015 ice makin-maiana kwalajein-majuro weno-phonpei weno-puna fais-ifalk honolulu-hana kochi-s.japan kochi-japan samar-mindanao port-british colum...
Dec 20, 2015 redrum @ice - I don't believe any of those you listed allow sea movement through them like Izmir-Rhodes does. For example, n.ire-scottland the 2 sea zone...
Dec 20, 2015 ice yes thats why i propose a canal there, im yust taking the asumption of blue dots and landconection relation away. if ur telling me that we nee...
Dec 20, 2015 redrum @ice - Agree. I think we are on the same page then and will just look to add the canal between Izmir-Rhodes.
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel ice, of course noone ever said that only 1 blue dot land connections are land connected. Of course if two territories border with a grey line b...
Dec 21, 2015 redrum @Cernel - Mostly agree. Only thing I don't really understand is the turquoise/brown line portion. I thought we would just make them normal water a...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel I blame the English language. I should have maybe said "light blue", but don't like say it that way cause it's no more blue than green. ...
Dec 21, 2015 redrum @Cernal - Lol, just glad we are on the same page :) For Allied capitals, I don't think I've seen anyone get to the point of losing all USA or U...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel I won't be keeping (nor hiding) any hacky box capitals at all, anyway. I will just set to 0 the required number of capitals for those that are ...
Dec 21, 2015 DizzKneeLand33 The game notes clearly state that only Russia produces with no capitals. Otherwise, why can't the Axis produce in the same fashion? In fact, isn...
Dec 21, 2015 redrum @DizzKneeLand33 - So you are correct that the game notes only indicate Russia has this ability to collect/product without owning a capital but in ...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel I suggest just opening a poll for anyone to vote wether: 1) Only Russia produces with no capital. 2) Russia, Britain and America produce with ...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel Updated List: Remove Line - Newfoundland - remove unneeded line in sz3 to Newfoundland - Falkland - remove unneeded line in sz54 - Remov...
Dec 21, 2015 ice if ur gona get any map under the loop ull find the same everywhere i dont understand ur collor codings and stuff, the grey collors are nothing,...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel ice, I know that single blue dots and landbridges are not connected, but they will be after we change the map. Land connections will be show...
Dec 21, 2015 ice with other words ur still gona ignore me, and make some kind of change in grey collor and call it the same as single blue dots how is that any...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel Nothing will be changed to grey, actually, but several grey will be changed to turquoise. You can have the full details by scrolling up a bit. ...
Dec 21, 2015 ice no i dont agree, u think ur making it more clearer. but infact ur making 2 things for same phurpose and call it fixed blue dots should be as th...
Dec 21, 2015 ice if u use something like this for landconnections, or maybe a more curved one, it would be consitend with gamenotes, and can be added to ALL la...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel redrum, what do you think about ice's imputs against the current listed changes? Me myself I worry he's misunderstanding somewhere, since chang...
Dec 21, 2015 ice im yust gona imagine how gamenotes would look with this change: -Canals are shown by Blue Dots -Landbridges are shown in 2 different ways, opt...
Dec 21, 2015 Frostion As a person who does not know the map, I would also say that map symbols are best of being “kept simple and stupid”. The best thing would be to ha...
Dec 21, 2015 ice i like it :)
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel Imo all this signalling would feel dumb and unelegant, but up to redrum. I also prefer the current dots over blue arrows to show canals. And to...
Dec 21, 2015 Frostion @cernel Well, the arrows are pretty small when looking on the map (the forum seems to enlarge pictures a bit). But still, the arrows could be ma...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel Not flexible, actually, at least for normal users, cause decorations cant be enabled/disabled. But if redrum wants red arrows in all land conne...
Dec 21, 2015 redrum @Frostion - I like the concept and agree with trying to make the map as simple and intuitive as possible. That being said I don't think the red...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel I don't intend to do it, then scrap it, then redo it in a different way, etc. but: - I'm ok at adding later stuff on top of it (like adding ...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel Myself, I prefer the current dot colours to any of the alternatives I proposed, cause I think it's neat it's about the same colour as the sea. But...
Dec 21, 2015 redrum My vote: 34120 I really prefer the darker dots over the light ones. I think its much easier to see as the existing color IMO is way to close to...
Dec 21, 2015 Cernel But I think ice may be right at pointing out that the connection rules may sound tiresome to read, if not learn; so maybe better substituting all ...
Dec 21, 2015 Frostion My color vote... and it is mostly based on, not dark vs. light color, but favoring the most discreet dimed down colors. I personally prefer that a...
Dec 22, 2015 Cernel I think the land connection explanation should be a single line only (not 4) and one of these 2: A- Bordering territories are land connected on...
Dec 22, 2015 redrum I like B as well.
Dec 22, 2015 Cernel I've seen that in north turkey the land border is not filled with the grey colour, so will be correcting that. So the updated list is Update...
Dec 22, 2015 Cernel Also, if you want I can move the sz50 - sz49 border a bit down, so to make more evident the connection Israel - sz50. Let me know.
Dec 25, 2015 Cernel Just as a suggestion for veteran and good players, we can redraw the Jutland zone so to create the historically correct "Kiel Canal", wo...
Dec 26, 2015 Cernel Also, the fact that US must conquer anything at all to pass through the Panama canal (that historically was US territory) feels hardly acceptable;...
Dec 26, 2015 ice imo u shouldnt change anything that will affect the ballance, people dont read or post in this forum too much, so getting any ballance back after ...
Dec 26, 2015 redrum @Cernel - So I actually like some of your ideas though they could affect the balance. My thought is let's focus on just 'fixes' for the first upda...
Dec 26, 2015 redrum @all - Updated and hopefully final list: Updated List: Add Canal - Add 1 dot canal between Izmir - Rhodes Remove Line - Newfoundlan...
Dec 26, 2015 Cernel Ok, I will start looking at the map and make up my mind about how to do stuff (haven't really thought about it yet, but I guess there are a few di...
Dec 27, 2015 Cernel Now that I'm starting thinking about how to do the stuff, I have to say the bad feeling about the island solution is resurfacing. Especially since...
Dec 28, 2015 Cernel Can a most veteran player of this map confirm that W.Turkey and Iran are supposed to be connected?
Dec 28, 2015 ice they are connected btw deleteting capitals is against seig his vision, but gues ur not looking at that, and we have waw40 for less capitals and...
Dec 28, 2015 Cernel The only capitals we are actually deleting are the hacky boxes in the pacific. If you mean making US and Britain unable to produce with no capi...
Dec 28, 2015 Cernel On more general terms, can you confirm that all xml connections of this map are correct. Meaning that, as far as you know, there are no wrong conn...
Dec 28, 2015 ice if u read back u can see that i have noted on 2 occastions that brit and usa have an uncapturable capital and yeah no missing connections that i k...
Dec 28, 2015 Frostion @ice Would it be the right way to, on this forum, finalize a list of proposed changes/fixes/graphical improvements, and post this list in a threa...
Dec 28, 2015 ice if people would visit the forums yes, but they dont exept for the usual suspects
Dec 28, 2015 Cernel I do believe as well that any changes on this map should be made only by people that play it on a good level, as a I told redrum a couple times, a...
Dec 28, 2015 Cernel Yah, as ice pointed out to me personally in chat, opening a poll would only fill it with noobs votes, for unpredictable and hardly valuable result...
Dec 28, 2015 redrum @ice/Cernel - Alright, it wasn't very clear before on the capitals issues as I got varying responses from people in the lobby. Let's go with ice's...
Dec 29, 2015 Cernel Ah, didn't notice that either, thanks for the adds up. Anyway, no, that won't work, the way Seig did it, because Sea Zone doesn't work wherever...
Dec 29, 2015 Cernel Talking about (inexistent) connection coherency, I suspend the work, cause I believe I need informed clarifications on yet another issue we assume...
Dec 29, 2015 ice doesnt mean if someone doesnt share ur idea of perfection that its dumb and incoherent. ur trying to understand things that arent there. seig neve...
Dec 29, 2015 Frostion @all I also think there is a lot of speculation and analyzing going into this channel and land crossing determining. But as the mapmaker is not h...
Dec 29, 2015 Cernel So, redrum, as the autodeclared current owner of this map, looks like it's up to you again to brute force a decision; from what I see there are th...
Dec 30, 2015 redrum @Cernel - For Akita - N.Japan, let's go with option #2. I believe we definitely want them connected and should probably just try to move them a li...
Dec 31, 2015 aaalafayette PLEASE make a new post for this topic. Not everyone follows every map thread. I intentionally ignore specific map threads to avoid reading eve...
Dec 31, 2015 aaalafayette 1. This thread is tracking way too many different things for it to make sense or allow much input at this point. I think it makes sense to start u...
Dec 31, 2015 Cernel So, point 2, allright, since you are sure about that. But let me point out yet again that every-single-where in the map where there is the same gr...
Dec 31, 2015 Cernel Fuck it, I'll never stop spotting shit on this damn thing. So, for some reasons, only right after I posted the whole thing and was relatively s...
Dec 31, 2015 redrum @Cernel - Haha, its never gonna be perfect but nice work. Overall, I agree with pretty much all the additional tweaks you made. Just 2 points that...
Jan 01 Cernel 1A: Ok take a look at these ones, much closer to the NWO style; if they are not good either guess we'll just go back to the doble black lines of o...
Jan 01 Frostion EDIT: This post is based on info and Cernels first example map picture. I can now see that the map is even better with the new blue dot colors. He...
Jan 01 Cernel Just spotted 1 more thing: I'll make more clear the connection E.Australia - sz76, because, as it is, I believe it is impossible to be sure if it ...
Jan 01 Cernel I pondered the presence of the black borders protuding from land a bit, but for the particular way the base image has been drawn, plus the relief ...
Jan 01 pug6000 I just wanted to answer a few questions from the history of the map. 1) Falkland Falkland was special in the beginning. It was connected to Eu...
Jan 01 Frostion @All Just a general WaW question… When playing WaW the map/screen visualy centers on the player who has turn. If the AI plays the all other nati...
Jan 01 Cernel 2) Can you be more clear about what you are saying? As per last version of this map, the only exception is that Rhodes had a crossed free land...
Jan 01 Cernel At anyone: I would suggest making Sicilia - Taranto into a not-land-connected canal. Opinions? (I'm like 90% sure this would be historically co...
Jan 01 redrum @pug6000 - Thanks for some history. I'd be interested on your feedback on the list of changes we have and the map posted. @Cernel - Awesome. Bo...
Jan 01 DizzKneeLand33 "Even if some newbies like in the tournament on AA org state it can be played differently - this is strategically extremly important for the ...
Jan 01 redrum @DizzKneeLand33 - I wouldn't take it personally as I'm also playing in the tournament and I'm slowly becoming the default owner of the essentially...
Jan 01 Cernel I advise against it. Main reason is that the map has several not-horizontal/vertical connections that can't match well the standard wideness, i...
Jan 02 redrum @Cernel - Alright. Let's see what other people think on the line thickness. And good point on the diagonal lines. I actually don't really like the...
Jan 02 Cernel I'm actually just getting nowhere at the moment. I'll restart working on it (turning it into the new map) once the current graphic is declared def...
Jan 02 aaalafayette " Shall we just right-click-ignore ice and lafayette and press on with our views? " Cernel, it is critical you show respect even when...
Jan 02 aaalafayette I think this is too much at once. I suggest let's complete the graphics overhaul first. Then looking at an updated map, I suggest we then de...
Jan 02 aaalafayette To be clear, the list you have looks good to me and like plenty of work for an iteration. Best of luck and looking forwarding to seeing what you c...
Jan 02 Cernel I never intended to be disrespectful, I just intended it as a funny way of saying that there were 2 kind of parties, the pro-arrows vs the anti-ar...
Jan 02 Cernel Thanks, I mostly hope to get over with it reasonably fast.
Jan 02 Cernel Once you declare all the stuff definitive and I can proceed, upload and give a link to the latest local copy you are working on (and maybe stop wo...
Jan 02 Cernel And, referring to the github discussion, yah it is very unlikely that it is a "bug" that the US and UK can actually produce without capi...
Jan 02 redrum @Cernel - Alright. Let's give it at least a few days for people to comment on. I think its looking pretty good though and that most likely we'll m...
Jan 02 Cernel Relatively to the Marine discussion in github: I see that the current old version has "marine" in the Americans folder and "Mari...
Jan 02 aaalafayette I was being a bit touchy, regardless thank you for the clarification and apology. I don't want us to be so formal where we have to hesitate for ...
Jan 02 aaalafayette @redrum, @Cernel: up to you. IMO we should not be too afraid to release new versions (and should do so when it's particularly convenient). It ...
Jan 02 Cernel I'm reasonably afraid to be killed in the lobby and WarClub if we do, but I'll explain better if redrum is not already definitively sure we will k...
Jan 02 Cernel In case redrum is undecided, here there are my points. If you decide for the 1.2 version to be breaking compatibility, please make a definitive...
Jan 02 Cernel Instead, changing SZ to Sea Zone, while keeping also the SZ entries, and adequately modify them to be consistent with the new map (they will be th...
Jan 02 aaalafayette Not just Linux users, but Mac as well. Unable to play if when playing allies (specifically when playing as USA). The game crashes drawing the ...
Jan 02 Cernel I think it would be neat if it would exist a way for Windows people to check their maps for full case consistency, especially for map makers. Curr...
Jan 02 pug6000 Ok, some more clarification (sometimes I am happy to have really old save games). There were no land connections in the Mediterranean between i...
Jan 02 Cernel So, to sum up, pug is assuring us that Sieg never wanted US and UK being able to produce with no capitals, but only Russia, while ice is telling u...
Jan 02 Cernel The game will become unplayable for any Linux/Mac users as soon as US places any marines on the board; and, nope, you can't get around it with edi...
Jan 02 pug6000 I would surely loose against ice on this map :) I played more games on pre-releases than on the current map. Sorry about one misunderstanding: ...
Jan 02 Cernel No misunderstanding, actually. This is exactly what I believe it should be, as a matter of representativity; anyway, the current version hasn'...
Jan 02 ice the usa and brit capital make no difference, if someone looses either 3 brit or 2 usa capitals they lost anyways nomatter what ice
Jan 02 redrum @Cernel - I intend to do everything we can to keep save game compatibility and currently I don't believe we have any planned changes that would br...
Jan 02 Cernel Of course, as being ice, it is only referring to LL games. Meaning that 0 capital production might still have some significant influence for dice ...
Jan 02 redrum @Cernel - Doubt it. If you look at the locations of the 3 UK capitals and 2 USA capitals, it would pretty much be impossible to come back if eithe...
Jan 02 ice tcurin_vs_kess_waw_1.tsvg heres a pretty good expert lowluck game, i got the save for hosting for them once when the bots where filled ice
Jan 03 redrum @all - Here is the latest version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IYMG8ratY0LUpjbV85UjFKQ2c/view?usp=sharing Changes so far: - Changed USA...
Jan 04 Bungo "Also, I want to point out that changing all to "Sea Zone" convention will oblige everyone to update if they want to play a game ho...
Jan 05 redrum @Bungo - Thanks for bring it up. I'm open to changing the territory names in this update as well as long as we keep save game compatibility. @C...
Jan 05 hepster Great suggested changes... but if you are going to do all that work may suggest a couple of alterations to that list... N.Canada -> Nunavut ...
Jan 05 Cernel At Bungo: No thanks, don't do map stuff, I prefer doing it myself (at the same time as I do the "Sea Zone" compatibility switch), and I'...
Jan 05 Cernel In general, when I do a map, I like to have all territory names made up by a single name (which means no spaces in names). In particular, I don't ...
Jan 05 Bungo 1) Ok, will do. Let's decide on how I should be doing it, and then I will. 2) I shouldn't decide conventions myself, should I? Some issues are ...
Jan 05 ice in my oppinion if ur doing such a big mapupdate you shouldnt let compatabilaty hold u back. yust make sure to point out to people who are playi...
Jan 05 Frostion Edited Concerning names of land, as this setting is during WW2 they should be fitting the time. I guess most would prefer this on any map. Meanin...
Jan 05 Cernel at Bungo: I don't really care about WaW names and haven't looked at your list much. Either you decide how to do it or redrum does. Anyway, I'll gi...
Jan 06 Navalland Erzurum is not W.Turkey.
Jan 06 redrum @all - So looks like most people are in agreement that we should try to update territory names and across the entire map. We will not look to chan...
Jan 06 crazy_german I'll volunteer to rework China. I know the history/geography of the country well; I can make sure all territories have appropriate ww2 era names. ...
Jan 06 Cernel I assume that redrum meant to prefer English names if it is possible to find them, and going for not English if not possible to find good English ...
Jan 06 Cernel I think we can sum up saying that, ideally, the map's names should be the same you would have seen on a global map for strategic decisions you wou...
Jan 06 redrum @crazy_german - Excellent, thanks for voluteering. Are you interested in any other Asian areas? I'm guessing these are gonna be some of the toughe...
Jan 06 crazy_german When I do China I can also update Mongolia, and the Tibet area. I will be using the Wade Giles transliterations, which will be accurate (I know my...
Jan 06 Bungo @redrum: Very much agree that I should go through the map and then we can review to improve the list to get the final list after. Please confirm t...
Jan 06 Bungo I see there were two posts on page 23 but no page 23 in the forum list, but I got to page 23 when my message posted. @crazy_german: Yes, you go...
Jan 06 Cernel Uh? No. Tobruk is totally misplaced on the map. It's not just a distortion, they are really placed in nonsense, unacceptable and unwatchable po...
Jan 06 Cernel Re-thinking about it, for consistency, probably better: Lybia -> Murzuk or Murzuq or Mursuk So, it would be: Current --> New Tobru...
Jan 06 redrum @Bungo - Clarifications: 1. Correct. Use actual English names first Warsaw instead of Warszawa. 2. There needs to be a balance here. I'd pre...
Jan 06 Bungo @Cernel: I think it's becoming clear that your opinion on territory naming is based on a desire to bash Sieg as much as possible. The names are sh...
Jan 06 crazy_german So not being able to reuse an old name is sort of an issue with China (it seriously impedes the ability to choose the most accurate name). There a...
Jan 06 crazy_german Here is a sample of what I was going to do. China was done entirely from memory and is historically accurate, I will double check spelling after w...
Jan 06 Cernel I don't want to do the names. I'll just correct stuff if I see some very striking things. I just guess you'll agree at some point that being El...
Jan 07 crazy_german I just saw this post now. Is there no flexibility to reuse names? I completed the change list with reuse allowed, and its really quite close to th...
Jan 07 Cernel Reusing names doesn't strictly breake compatibility, but makes the new map hardly playable or unplayable with old savegames, because stuff is in t...
Jan 07 Cernel In general, whatever ways to get around breaking compatibility is either messy or slow, while breaking compatibility of a ladder map just for chan...
Jan 07 crazy_german Actually the drawing is pretty close to the provinces, at least in the south (the northern provinces would be terrible territories anyways). So I ...
Jan 07 Cernel I much suggest sticking with the territory names, not cities, aside Shangai and circles, and I think modest changes like Szechuan are bearable. I'...
Jan 07 Bungo @Cernel: I think evocative names are important to keep. If we do keep Tobruk and El Alamein, someone could later mod ownership as has already b...
Jan 07 redrum @crazy_german - As Cernel mentions, let's not reuse names and if there is a name you'd like to reuse then let's just add it in () with an *. I rea...
Jan 07 Cernel At redrum: Sorry, when I said "I don't want to do the names" I meant don't want to do all of them, since I understood (maybe uncorrec...
Jan 07 Cernel And just to avoid misunderstandings, of course I was never "accusing" you of not knowing that the El Alamein territory was also Cyrenaic...
Jan 07 crazy_german Here are my suggestions. I used alternate spellings to avoid reusing names. Every location is accurate or close to accurate. Names might be what a...
Jan 07 redrum @Cernel - Oh alright, I'll let you handle Italian territories then. I can mostly follow your logic though have maybe a few different preferences. ...
Jan 08 Cernel Those are ok as well for me. But if we have El Agheila and Tobruq, then we should have El Alamein, for coherency, I guess, but there are 2 prob...
Jan 08 redrum @Cernel - Good question. Naming wise if we end up wanting to use it then my thought for El Alamein is we sort of make an exception and use either ...
Jan 08 Cernel 4 Plus I vote against Sidi Barrani existance.
Jan 08 Bungo @Cernel: My motivation is to be able to play on a WaW that has greatly improved names than it does currently. I don't actually want to do sear...
Jan 08 Bungo Naming for the Nordic countries I think keeping Iceland and Denmark should be obvious. In Norway, the original list I posted suggested the f...
Jan 08 Bungo Blah, sorry, I mean to suggest Lapland, not Lappland. I didn't forget that we will use the English spelling, just a typo.
Jan 08 ice u can edit ur posts by clicking the more button top right side of ur posts ice
Jan 08 redrum @Bungo - Excellent post on the Nordic countries. I like the explanations and links. I agree with most of your suggestions and here are my votes: ...
Jan 08 Cernel What I won't look at will be accepted, not refused, in case you are wondering; and, anyway, it is redrum who accepts or refuses. Another sugges...
Jan 08 Bungo @ice: Ok! Thanks for letting me know. redrum: Sure, that does make sense. You might want to consider whether to have both Stockholm and Svealan...
Jan 08 Bungo @Cernel: It makes sense to not have cardinals without an opposite, yes, especially since we're trying to avoid cardinals altogether. Also good ...
Jan 08 redrum @Bungo - Good point on Stockholm and Svealand. Its definitely not perfect but I think its the best option we have given the way the WaW territorie...
Jan 08 Cernel Let's not do graphic surgery on a finished map for no gameplay reasons.
Jan 10 sneakingcoward more updates for WORLD AT WAR – due that this map is played often with waw variants - vXXX following additional bug corrections: left "as is" actual with waw ... upd...
Jan 10 sneakingcoward more updates for WORLD AT WAR – this is for all updaters... due that with waw variants a lot of work was already done for waw, maybe you look there. https://sites.google.com/...
Jan 10 ice im sry coward but i disagree with all ur points there, hopefully none of this will be added without a discussion ice
Jan 11 Cernel Thanks for pointing this out. If any anyone else has knowledge of crap like sz96 & zs96, or missing numbers like sz101, or other inconsiste...
Jan 12 Bungo I want to just go over the part of Oceania that doesn't consist of tiny islands, to make the remaining job less daunting. Hopefully that helps to ...
Jan 13 Bungo Naming for South America My original posted list: Panama -> Colombia British Guinea -> British Guyana Dutch Guinea -> Suriname Fre...
Jan 13 Cernel Apparently, the sea zones need a bit more than just a plain renaming. I just guessed that naming stuff from 1 to whatever was a simple enough t...
Jan 14 redrum @Bungo - So overall agree with most of your thoughts on Australia, New Zealand, and Papua New Guinea. Here are my votes with alternatives in (): ...
Jan 14 Cernel All my suggestions that are deviations from redrum, if redrum redefined, of Bungo, if redrum said nothing, are in bold. First of all I think we...
Jan 14 Frostion @Cernel Would "1A Sea Zone" not look better than "1a Sea Zone" as you wrote? I think the capital letter would be more recogni...
Jan 14 Cernel No substantial reasons, so just up to redrum; would be helpful if we get to know what most people prefer between "1a Sea Zone" and "...
Jan 14 Cernel Also, as the Italian renamer, a change I would much advocate is making Rhodes ownership "Italians" with no units in it (removing the bun...
Jan 14 Cernel Of course, I always meant Brazil, not Brasil, for the new names.
Jan 14 Bungo About Nordic names: @redrum: Ok, unless someone else voices concerns, let's go with the names you preferred: N.Norway -> Finnmark C.Norw...
Jan 14 Bungo About names in Southwest Oceania: @redrum: I am fine with almost all your suggestions, redrum, we can go with them, just I don't like the Ne...
Jan 14 Bungo I really hope redrum isn't fine with names like "sea zone 5f", nor having say sea zone 3K in the Baltic Sea and sea zone 3L in the Sea o...
Jan 14 Cernel As I've already said several times, in all cases... anyway, maybe repeating it will clarify my perspective: - Bahia - Salvador is fine because ...
Jan 14 Cernel An alternative approach would be just to go for full splitting of the Australia territory and having: N.W.Australia S.W.Australia N.Australia...
Jan 14 Navalland Hisaichi -> Manchukuo Yamamoto -> Japan
Jan 14 Cernel That would require keeping double units folders for backward compatibility and seeing those Manchukuo naval units wouldn't be great anyway, imo (b...
Jan 14 Cernel Just to reassure redrum, just in case everyone here needs to be reassured, I'm not going to bail out or go mad if you definitively want to have: ...
Jan 14 Cernel I also wanna add that adressing the Rhodes anomaly the other way round, namely removing the connection with the continent and keeping it not a can...
Jan 14 redrum @all - So first some thoughts on high level points: 1. Cities/Capitals - I think we should prefer capitals (or main city in case of suburbs) in...
Jan 14 redrum @all - So here are follow on thoughts around Nordic and Oceania: Nordic N.Norway -> Finnmark C.Norway -> Nordland Norway -> Oslo ...
Jan 14 Cernel To say it again, if Stockolm would be a circle bordering only 1 territory, then sure, let's call the circle Stockholm and call the territory Sveal...
Jan 14 ice Goodluck with germany ;-) u wouldnt think that Seig was german if u look at berlins location for example :-O yust dont forget Normandy...
Jan 14 redrum @Cernel - Do you think using Stockholm for the middle Sweden territory and Goetaland for the southern one would be better. I'm fine with this as w...
Jan 14 Cernel Uhm, maybe slightly better but still so bad. The relief of not seeing Svealand outside Stockholm and in the wrong place is well offset by seeing t...
Jan 14 Navalland Also i think better; Germans ---- Germany Russians ---- USSR French ---- France Italians ---- Italy Yamamoto -- Japan Chinese ...
Jan 14 Frostion @All If every country name is in english, then Finnland should be spelled Finland, with one N. As far as I know, Finnland with two Ns is German a...
Jan 15 redrum @ice - Yeah Europe will be interesting and we definitely will fix Normandy as it drives me crazy as well. @Cernel - Yeah, I think we all agree ...
Jan 15 DizzKneeLand33 Since we are changing 90 of the names or so.... Would it be possible to rename "Scottland" to the actual "Scotland" with on...
Jan 15 redrum @Dizz - Yeah we'll definitely fix that. @all - My South American vote: Panama -> Colombia Venezuela - remains British Guinea -> Br...
Jan 15 tjstriker My troops get lost in central Mongolia. I think N.Mongolia and S.Mongolia should be reversed. SUPER GREAT MAP THOUGH!
Jan 15 Cernel I just want to say that I believe redrum should detail o full list of guidelines, for consistency sake; my suggested ones are: - We should use ...
Jan 15 Cernel Also, since the original Sieg names are Sweden - C.Sweden - N.Sweden, this almost surely means that he actually intended for the capital (Stockhol...
Jan 15 Cernel If you agree, I would just dump a player called "Japanese", having the same stuff as the current "Yamamoto", into the units fo...
Jan 15 Cernel All looks good to me, I think. Just for info, these are the population values for the top cities of Brazil in january 1937 (the atlas I'm using...
Jan 16 Cernel Since I cannot possibly stop arguing, I also want to add that if we are excluding the N.-S., then Stockholm-Jamtland-Norbotten would be better tha...
Jan 16 Cernel We cannot do that, as I've already said many times. Moving around names would break compatibility. Thus either we leave Normandy were it is ...
Jan 16 Cernel Plus there are a lot of people that cannot possibly be teached how to remove (deinstall) the new WaW and go redownload and reinstall the new one, ...
Jan 18 aaalafayette Jumping in a bit.. It's likely with the new map hosting we'll need users to do a clean install of their maps. Perhaps we should push the next rele...
Jan 18 aaalafayette Cernel, the guidelines you spelled out I think are very valuable. Though I'd like to see them put in a wiki so the documentation can persist, and ...
Jan 18 ice i doubt many ladder games are still played, that forum hasnt been used in a while. either way cant try to do everything perfect and not include no...
Jan 20 Bungo I'll start with the general issues first, going specifically to regions after. An area that has a main part and an administrative tagalong (Cyr...
Jan 20 Bungo Naming for the Nordic countries It seems we are all ok with Oslo, Nordland, Finnmark in Norway and the proposed name set for Finland. So let's ...
Jan 20 Bungo Naming for South America I can live with Bahia for N.Brasil - it bothers me a little since it's far from having a coast northwards and that Sal...
Jan 20 Bungo About names in Southwest Oceania: I disagree with putting Canberra on the capital - I know it was the capital since 1927, but it's not a port, ...
Jan 20 Bungo Naming for North America Just tossing this out here: Canada: Port -> Vancouver Island Could've been Victoria to be shorter, but no,...
Jan 20 Bungo Naming for British Isles Could nitpick a bunch in Great Britain, but apart from Scottland -> Scotland, it's ok enough I think. Ireland is...
Jan 20 Bungo Naming for Western Europe (not including Germany and Italy) Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Portugal, Baleares, Azores, Gibraltar, Corsica ...
Jan 20 redrum @Bungo - Here are my thoughts on North America: Port -> Vancouver Island (Victoria*) Victoria -> Vancouver S.Canada -> Ontario Ca...
Jan 20 Cernel @Cernel: As for the tone issues, nevermind that, I'm already adapting to your style, I'm not going to be sad or anything. I will continue to add &...
Jan 20 Cernel I've not really looked at anything more so far, but just taking a brief look I want to reiterate my suggestion of not having names subset of other...
Jan 20 redrum @Bungo - My thoughts on Western Europe (not including Germany and Italy): Scottland -> Scotland N.Ire -> Belfast (Northern Ireland, Ulst...
Jan 20 Cernel I'm as well leaning towards doing the sea zones names and everything else but the land names "only"; keeping the land territories na...
Jan 21 redrum @Cernel - Alright. So I think option #2 above, minus the leading 0's would be my preference as that's essentially consistent with the high quality...
Jan 21 Cernel It would be not small work, if done well (not a very big either), but I may do it as icing on the cake after finishing everything else. I would do...
Jan 21 Cernel If I'm starting to do my stuff in a week or two from now, a thing I'd like to settle is the supposed colour undistinctivness of the map. I actu...
Jan 21 Cernel Moar snapshots! This time images zoomed at 50%; tho with a better zoom than the shitty TA one. Relief 100%: Relief 80%: Relief 50%:
Jan 21 ice with all respect, you guys have added 14 pages of reading material over a few name changes and how canals are suppose to work. the topic of waw is...
Jan 21 Cernel plz need fast opinions from anyone on: 1) Sea Zones naming (we don't want to keep them as they are). Main possiblities so far: 1A) Having 1...
Jan 22 redrum @ice - The eventual goal is to move all maps and discussions around them to github. And yeah this thread was dead for years so I don't think reall...
Jan 22 Cernel I believe the colour for the impassables was set as optimized for Sahara. I believe we don't want two different colours for the two land impass...
Jan 22 Cernel Man... Looking at that English Rodi being a land connected canal and Messina not even a canal sure is depressing...
Jan 22 redrum @Cernel - Yeah, I think Sahara is just much larger and important so let's leave the impassible color as it is today since it looks much better tha...
Jan 22 Cernel But a way to not have it look like a stand-alone thing would be having it keeping both the same hue and saturation of the Neutral colour, while ma...
Jan 22 Cernel But what do you think about saning the Rhodes - Izmir anomaly by making it not land connected nor a canal (a normal island), instead of making it ...
Jan 23 redrum @Cernel - I like the brighter impassible color as it helps contrast it from neutral and china but still looks good. As for Rhodes - Izmir, I'm ...
Jan 24 Cernel Rhodes can't remain old way cause would be ridiculous having 1 special rule for Rhodes only (something land connected but not a canal doesn't exis...
Jan 26 Cernel Can expert players of this map give any opinions regarding the gameplay impacts of making Rhodes - Izmir a: 1) land connected canal or 2) not l...
Jan 31 redrum Seems like we lost some momentum here. @Bungo - Do you think you'll have the time to be able to continue your renaming suggestions? If not t...
Jan 31 Cernel Sure, but I understood that we settled to finish it up without the land name changes. Then do that ones on a second round. And I much suggest t...
Jan 31 redrum @Cernel - Alright that's fine. Just want to make sure we don't lose or forget about all the names change progress. Let's stick with ice's origi...
Jan 31 Cernel Whatever. By the way, if adding canal slightly hurts UK, then it would be actually good for balance, because as now prevailing consensus is tha...
Feb 01 aaalafayette I'm not an expert, but it doesn't take too long to start seeing in gameplay how/why the Rhodes canal is relevant: 1) land connected canal ...
Feb 04 Cernel Updated List: Add Canal - Add 1 dot canal between Izmir - Rhodes Change Standard Border - Change the sea border from side black and insid...
Feb 04 redrum @Cernel - List and map look good. Nice work. Here is the latest WaW with the updated notes and couple of fixes (same as last post): https://dri...
Feb 07 Bungo I'm now a lot busier than I was earlier. I wouldn't have problems finding time to suggest names for things, after all that only takes a few ho...
Feb 07 redrum @Bungo - Alright. How about this then. If you can post the list of recommended changes by region then I'll own discussing it with anyone else that...
Feb 08 Veqryn fyi: renaming anything that exists outside of the xml file (such as anything that exists in the polygons file, like a territory name) will result...
Feb 08 redrum @Veqryn - That's the plan and why we are avoiding re-using any territory names since that will break backwards compatibility.
Feb 08 Cernel Thanks for the clarification Bungo. I actually did understand that you took my "tone and way of presenting your thoughts" as me being ru...
Feb 08 Cernel I want also to add that fixing a political vs cultural vs geographical vs historical priorities guideline would be influential relatively to the C...
Feb 08 redrum @Cernel - You must be a fast typer as that is a monster post and would take me like an hour just to type :) Guideline wise I tend to agree that...
Feb 09 Dany A land canal in Rhodes is good idea! Even if not geographicaly correct makes a lot of sense for game play!
Feb 10 aaalafayette Might I propose we start using Github for this map officially: - Issues: https://github.com/triplea-maps/world_at_war/issues, allows us to slice ...
Feb 10 Cernel I would still suggest to wait since my first changes are completed to change anything inside the map folder, as I'm not that sure about how all th...
Feb 10 Cernel Well, geographically we could say it is consistent with many situations in the pacific. My biggest issue is in seeing Rhodes - Izmir a canal an...
Feb 10 ice im not gona explain my point on izmir for the 4th time there are a million things wrong with waw, i yust cant grasp the ammount of thinking and...
Feb 10 Cernel Not really possible to change canals in a mod, as the graphic display can't be changed. The only possibility (here to be definitively excluded)...
Feb 15 Bungo @redrum: Sure, you go ahead and own the discussions. I'll go over most remaining regions where I already have most of the required knowledge. I h...
Feb 16 Cernel To me, at least, it's a lot more fun to conquer or protect "Andalusia" than "S.Spain" whether or not the border line goes exac...
Feb 16 ice about the ballance, Tcurin and me yust finished 2 WAW games we played over the last month, in both cases axis won without any kind of bid, we swit...
Feb 16 redrum @ice - Do you mind sharing the save games? I'd like to write a brief opening strategy for the first few rounds for WaW like we have for NWO for ne...
Feb 16 ice lol our strategys are far from standard, but i can write a basic guide if ur willing to correct my bad english will do so when i have the time ...
Feb 17 crazy_german I would very much like a guide to the opening turns as Axis. If you can make in the same style as NWO I would appreciate it, possibly for TRS as w...
Feb 19 ice Strategy Guide: Germany: Take Paris in round 3, after you take paris choose to use ur leftover mobile units to send to russia or spain. 2nd ch...
Feb 19 ice feel free to discus or comment to the strategy guide. Im yust writing my own experiences, if you think something is wrong or something should be a...
Feb 19 crazy_german This is helpful, especially where you provide specific territories and turn numbers. You did leave out Thai.
Mar 02 manstein11 What do you guys think about the russian sub in the pacific? Any chance it could be removed permanently, since most players edit it out anyways?! ...
Mar 06 Navalland Allies have slight advance in this map, because starting more units and product, very hard stop to usa in pacific, defense is very cheap, e.tc. ...
Mar 10 Cernel Sorry, I feel very hard to focus on this and I'm being very slow, and I've stumbled upon a weird thing, that didn't notice before, and was strange...
Mar 10 ice i dont really care, but option 4 seems most logic to me ice
Mar 10 redrum I agree that option 4 would be best. I'd say let's move forward with that.
Mar 10 ice btw i think for ballance phurposes splitting up (your) sz 100 into 2 seazones would go a long way, increase distance for usa-japan, and on top of ...
Mar 11 Cernel Well, it has been a while; something like this should have been proposed some time ago (in case anyone else wanted to give an opinion). This wo...
Mar 11 ice yeah that looks amazing cernel, i cant speak for others, but to me this is the best imrprovement for the map possible ice
Mar 11 redrum @Cernel/ice - I like the proposed sea zones splits as well though a small note is that I'd prefer if the split line for sz81 be a little higher to...
Mar 17 Cernel No. Since anyway likely we won't get many sound opinions on the matter, the changes are likely to be just done or not done. So I would rathe...
Mar 17 ice wel it has my support, i gues asking around in the lobby is max u can do to prevent people complaining afterward, but imo if people never bother c...
Mar 17 Cernel Just noticed that the above changes mandate the addition of a canal between Makin and Maiana. So am just waiting for confirmation on the ch...
Mar 18 redrum @Cernel - I like the changes though doesn't this essentially break backward compatibility? If so then we really should try to make all the changes...
Mar 18 Cernel Doesn't break compatibility. It's just a visual issue that won't impede people finishing their saves. The sea zones will look split, but they will...
Mar 18 Cernel I prefer to delay the land names changes as a second step because the total work feels overhelming adding those and I had serious issues on the co...
Mar 18 redrum @Cernel - Alright, I misunderstood how the sea zones splits would affect existing save games. I'm fine with moving forward with them. I'd say go a...
Mar 24 Cernel These may be the new sea zone numbers:
Mar 25 Cernel By the way, when I open your WaW xml with notepad I see that everything looks fine. Does this mean that you modified it using notepad? So wh...
Mar 25 redrum @Cernel - Sea zones look good. I was using Notepad++ I think to format and edit it. The one from the SVN repo I started from was pretty awful I...
Mar 25 Cernel Are the problems only on the reading side? Meaning is saving it with notepad as good as saving it with notepad++? Can I still do everything wit...
Mar 26 redrum @Cernel - You can edit it with whatever you prefer. I can always reformat it.
Apr 05 Cernel There is yet another dumb issue. W.Mexico and E.Mexico connect, respectively, with 99 Sea Zone and 100 Sea Zone, but nothing connect with anyth...
Apr 06 Cernel I want to add that while the option 1 would be the most consistent, W.Mexico being connected with 100 Sea Zone seems distorted; also, in this part...
Apr 06 Cernel Also I suggest getting rid of this, making the game fully engine supported, finally: Default Rules for Disputable Situations: Unloading of Tr...
Apr 06 redrum @Cernel - Option 3. In this case, I definitely think this is just a graphical mistake that wasn't ever cleaned up. We can remove the first line...
Apr 06 Cernel Then, if you want to keep this strange rule that you can attack somebody, but can't possibly fly over it, what about actually supporting it. In a...
Apr 06 redrum @Cernel - Agree. I would like to implement it in the engine to avoid the user enforced rule. I'll make sure to add it to the feature request list.
Apr 06 Cernel Eventually, I came to the conclusion that redo the World At War names was a bad idea, to start with. I've no problem admitting this was my fa...
Apr 06 Cernel Since anyway I had to redo because of that missing connection noone noticed or reported, I want to point out that, scrolling the game, I had the i...
Apr 06 Cernel Scrolling the map, I think I prefer 1, since it is very telling. A snapshot (jpg 90% quality):
Apr 07 crazy_german I wouldn't say that doing this is a priority, however I prefer 3
Apr 07 redrum @Cernel - I'd also vote for 3 as I think it looks the best and its closest to what NWO has. I think I prefer as is over 1 and 2.
Apr 07 Zim Xero I like #2 the best, then #3. #1 is distracting.
Apr 07 Cernel Allrighty. Tx for the votes everyone. So this (image jpg 90% quality) would be option 3, rest same as before, cept I've changed the minimap ...
Apr 07 Cernel Another snapshot for the number 3 (image jpg 90% quality):
Apr 08 Cernel I see the Options have some random crap, as well (of course, never having played the map, I might miss something and misunderstood something else)...
Apr 09 redrum @Cernel - So some good points. My thoughts: 1. Yeah remove those and you could even just remove all the VCs if you want as well 2. Yeah remo...
Apr 09 Cernel I'm unconfortable with a game not having any victory conditions, but I've no really good ideas on the matter. I'm guessing the victory conditio...
Apr 09 redrum @Cernel - I'd probably make it 3 to be safe for now. The issue is that the allies have so many capitals and 5 in NA/SA alone so they will have to ...
Apr 09 Cernel Ok, unless some experienced players assure us that 4 capitals would be fine (meaning someone xp assures us that there is no sensible way for any s...
Apr 09 Cernel Alternatively, we can go with the total number of capitals (original and conquered alike) owned. In this case, the best representative level in...
Apr 09 Cernel I'm actually starting thinking that counting all capitals owned would be better than counting only the original ones; so I would propose the follo...
Apr 09 redrum I'm fine with all but B as I'm not sure that is conservative enough at this point. Think I prefer D as well.
Apr 12 Cernel While centring the capitols, I've just noticed there is a retarded capital in Dutch Guinea and it is a not circle. Since a Dutch capital there ...
Apr 12 Cernel http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/maps-missing-from-triplea-maps-yaml-tp7591765p7591953.html So, will this break backwards compatibi...
Apr 12 Cernel And, by the way, anyone can keep going on making or discussing a list of renamings (just making up the list here in forum, not applying it), to be...
Apr 12 Cernel Btw, here in this topic Sieg himself was surprised that Bunkers were red dot units. And he seemed to vaguely remember that he wanted them not ...
Apr 12 crazy_german Turn 1 bunkers would affect balance, I can see bunkers into key early battle sites like Malaya really limiting axis advance.
Apr 12 Cernel Regarding the names' positions, like Haixi showing up in the same territory as Urumal, I've decided to let them be as they are (no matter how bad ...
Apr 13 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. Dutch capitals - removing the second Dutch capital would cause pretty major balance issues so don't want to remove that...
Apr 13 redrum @Cernel - I moved all suggested name changes to here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/155CXax8k9FXX4hDV5rU31F7haUtLEjwfQwdZRUwdUgs/edit?usp...
Apr 13 Cernel I would give everyone the ability to purchase Marine and B.Transport, to standardize the basic production. But I guess this change is out of quest...
Apr 13 Cernel Aside that I'm guessing removing the Dutch Guinea capital would not be a big deal for balance (but I don't really know), now that I see it, what a...
Apr 13 Cernel Nice summing up. So, what I'm thinking, since being able to do it without having to care for the stupid backward compatibility would be a lot o...
Apr 14 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. Marine and B.Transport - That would definitely impact balance and hard to say how much. Marines don't really matter muc...
Apr 14 Cernel Ok, since these 2 seem kind of open: What other people (preferably experienced players of this map) think about: 1A) Having Marine as an uni...
Apr 14 Cernel So, since we are not anymore restricted by compatibility, here are my updated opinions on dat circle... Canada is one of the many reasons why, ...
Apr 14 Cernel Just as a side note, previously I was favourable to call the circle "Quebec City" so to have an excuse for calling the territory as &quo...
Apr 14 Cernel I just took a look at stats, and want to tell you that Marine is a badly balanced unit, with respect to Elite, making Elite mostly obsolete. So...
Apr 14 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. I don't really have any preferences on those 2 as I don't think they make much of a difference either way. I'll let oth...
Apr 14 Cernel I want to report that I've experienced that in the notes the images seem to fail to load if you use uppercase in the middle of words. In my cas...
Apr 14 Cernel The new sea zone numbers are shown at this post: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/WORLD-AT-WAR-tp5862407p7591832.html You can see the...
Apr 14 Cernel I think the units in this game are quite bad for various reasons (incoherently faced left-right, inconsistently colour coded, mixing up different ...
Apr 14 Cernel Also, in game notes I can load: img src="B.transport.png" but I can't load: img src="B.Transport.png" Looks like the N...
Apr 14 Cernel For a very simple change: What about making the marine into a 2/2 unit that attacks at 3 when unloaded only? This way, when you unload it, t...
Apr 14 Cernel The Quebec update is fine. But you need also updating E.Canada this way: E.Canada->Quebec* (Quebec Province) Or do you want to call it...
Apr 14 Cernel I've commented out in notes the info that you can't fly over Neutral owned land territories in multiple steps, because it may be supported in th...
Apr 14 ice I have read about half of what u guys typed, and i agree with almost every point you guys make, you can see that if you open WAW1940 however mo...
Apr 14 Cernel Can you read everything and list the things that in your opinion would have a small enough impact on balance. For example: Marines att 2, 3 whe...
Apr 14 Cernel I found out where the problem lies. It is not specifically related to cases. Apparently, in Notes you can't upload images having a name that ...
Apr 14 ice I think you should take a step back and see where this is goin, dont get me wrong but in a positive manner. first this started as a quality update...
Apr 14 Cernel I think (hope) this is going to the end soon, and I'm not in for a major overhaul of WaW (for several reasons), and this is actually quite close t...
Apr 14 Cernel Also, redrum, can you please double check all the tables in Notes and confirm me that there are not other mistakes (beside Elite and Marine being ...
Apr 14 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. I've not seen that case issue with images in the game notes before but I'll have to take a look later on. Looks like yo...
Apr 14 Cernel It's not a case issue, as I said. It seems that all the times a name is a subset of other names, all other names are not displayed. It happened...
Apr 14 Cernel Then, I would rather remove the Marine unit from the game altogether, but ok, let's keep it as it is.
Apr 15 Cernel Also, I just want to randomly say that I hate so much that dumb thing that you must buy artillery and armoredcars in couples. It is currently p...
Apr 15 Cernel Anyway, if you prefer multiplying by 10 everything (but placement limits) and setting artillery and armoredcars at 35 PUs each, let me know. To...
Apr 15 redrum @Cernel - Oh the having to buy 2 thing doesn't bother me and definitely don't want to multiple everything but placement by 10. While in this case ...
Apr 15 Cernel Also, there is this in the changelog: I'm sure not all of these things were made by ice. So, can we correct the changelog here, and credit ap...
Apr 15 Cernel Ah, if you fine with it nevermind. Myself, I would not play a map just because it obliges me to buy couples, unless there is an actual, not gamey,...
Apr 15 crazy_german I have actually played NWO with the mod that allows purchase of individual artillery/armored car pieces. It almost never happens, because most of ...
Apr 15 Cernel Yah, at the end it's still lame, because it doesn't allow you to fully use income, plus it adds confusion. I remember someone wanted to add tha...
Apr 15 Cernel Because of that subset word bug, if you want to import all relevant unit images in Notes, the following named ones can't be displayed (they bug of...
Apr 15 Cernel I've just noticed now that NakajimaG5N, Lancaster and B29 are all exactly the same thing with different names. Since, in my opinion, it is bad ...
Apr 15 Cernel Also, don't you feel wrong the flag of Anzac is the flag of the United Kingdom? I mean, that is fine in itself, as the Anzac used mostly that, ...
Apr 15 Cernel jpg 90% quality:
Apr 15 Cernel Another approach for sensibilizing the unit roster would be, at current prices, having: Elite att/def 2/3 Marine att/def 3/3 That way mar...
Apr 15 Cernel If anyone knows of specific bad things about the WaW units, this is the good (maybe only) moment for have them changed (by me). For example, I ...
Apr 16 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. Not really that concerned on fixing previous change logs. If ice responds with clarifications we can fix it but otherwi...
Apr 16 Cernel I just started the map and looked at the rosters, and this is what it is: Unit: Purchasable by Infantry: all Elite: all Marine: Yamamoto, Hi...
Apr 16 Cernel Standardization I think has to be, because units should not have different names if they are the same, but it is not that easy. You would imagi...
Apr 16 Cernel Gone ahead and renamed to: S.Bomber RocketArt Jet Let me know if you want something different. Maybe "SuperBomber" would have be...
Apr 16 Cernel For now, I've changed it to: Changelog: 1.1.9 (Veqryn, ice) Because I'm almost totally sure some of the listed things are Veq's.
Apr 16 Cernel For the record, Americans, Yamamoto, etc. etc. haven't mot.inf in game but they indeed have mot.inf in the units folders. Again, since almo...
Apr 16 ice i only did (attempt) the 3 lines yust below 1.1.9. whats under the spaces is veqryns work but he didnt name the version ice
Apr 16 Cernel Ok. So you increased the version to "1.1.9", rite? What was the version number before you made the last changes? "1.1.8"? Did ...
Apr 16 Cernel Also redrum, I see the changelog of the 1.1.9 in depot is this: I see you removed these lines from the changelog: " fixed all canals ...
Apr 16 redrum @Cernel - Responses: 1. Unit rosters - I'd rather just leave these alone for now. I think they need a bigger overhaul than we want to do right ...
Apr 16 Cernel Ok. So we are leaving the Americans unable to produce Mot.Inf (omg) etc.. I totally disagree (as I'm almost sure most of the roster incongruencies...
Apr 16 Cernel For the Me262 I just avoided it since, in game, it is able to do SBR, and there is an old diatribe about Hitler having it converted into a bomber ...
Apr 16 Cernel Yet, I agree that, TA wise, "JetFighter" is the best name since, in traditional TA and WaW as well, only "Fighter" can land on...
Apr 16 wirkey I remember talking to Sieg about the US mot inf. It was on purpose, he didn't want the US to have them though I don't remember why.
Apr 16 Cernel Are you sure he wasn't talking about the Japanese? Even tho I would not do it, it would make some sense not giving Mot.Inf to the Japanese, bec...
Apr 17 Cernel Maybe a last thing. The pure white of the Italians looks great but gives you a very hard time reading the numbers. I personally believe that funct...
Apr 17 Cernel This would be same as before, cept font size 16: I believe the pure white looks the best, but the point is seeing the numbers. Or is it not?
Apr 17 redrum @Cernel - Thoughts: 1. I'm not a huge fan of the Italian artillery image as it seems to stick out in comparison to the other artillery images. ...
Apr 17 Cernel What about this colour and this artillery? (jpg 90% quality) http://www.comandosupremo.com/cannone7532.html
Apr 17 wirkey Yes, I'm sure he didn't want the US to have Mot Inf
Apr 17 redrum @Cernel - I think I prefer to light gray to the light greenish. Maybe even a tad bit lighter? I think I like that Italian artillery better ima...
Apr 17 Cernel Well, if I make it lighter you won't really see the white numbers anymore, so we can as well just go white. As now, they are already quite difficu...
Apr 17 Cernel It's not really grey, but sort of inspired to the "grigioverde" military colour of italy in ww1 and ww2; see for example the colour of t...
Apr 17 Cernel Amen. Tx for the clarification.
Apr 17 Cernel Same colour, snapshot jpg 90% quality; look at the 100 Infantry in Tripoli.
Apr 17 Cernel Nevermind, that colour is no good, cause too grey, thus indistinguishable from hisaichi. So, I guess my last proposal is this; look at Taranto (jp...
Apr 17 redrum @Cernel - I'm ok with that last color. It would be interesting to see it next to hisachi. @all - Here are the next set of territory renamings. ...
Apr 18 redrum @all - Renamings for Eastern Europe. I think the tough ones are Lodz, Jugoslavia, Serbia, W.Romania, and E.Romania. Eastern Europe Danzig Lod...
Apr 18 redrum @all - Renamings for Middle East: Middle East Ankara -> Bursa Izmir Turkey -> Ankara W.Turkey -> Erzurum S.Turkey -> Adana Sy...
Apr 18 redrum @all - Renamings for North Africa: North Africa Tanger -> Tangier Marrakech -> Casablanca (W.Morocco) Morocco -> Fez (E.Morocco) A...
Apr 18 redrum @all - Renamings for the rest of Africa: Africa Rio de Oro Mauretania -> Mauritania French East Africa -> French Sudan Sierra Leone -...
Apr 20 redrum @all - Renamings for India: India N.W. India -> Baluchistan N.India -> Punjab W.India -> Gujarat Bombay S.India -> Mysore Cal...
Apr 21 redrum @all - Renamings for Southeast Asia, Yamamoto, and East Indies: Southeast Asia Burma N.French.I -> N.French Indochina French Indochina -&...
Apr 21 Cernel The colour is different enough. I realise that renaming is a lot of work (I never assumed you would have done it, I was just saying in case of ...
Apr 21 redrum @all - Renamings for Pacific Islands. In particular, I really have no idea what to do with Hawaii so just used Pearl Harbor and the 2 most notable...
Apr 21 Cernel What about at very least giving everyone the ability to produce "Bomber" and everyone but Chinese the ability to produce "Cruis...
Apr 21 redrum @Cernel - Good feedback. I think I was just more conservative and kept more of the existing cities. But your recommendations actually line up bett...
Apr 21 wirkey If you change that you should go for N. and S. Siam, as Thailand was called back then
Apr 21 redrum @wirkey - I thought the same but this is what I found: "Siam" official status until 23 June 1939 when it was changed to Thailand.[20] Th...
Apr 21 Cernel For New Valley, I'm sure a few of other names have a translation; so either with traduce all (likely not feasible) or leave (I'd say leave). For e...
Apr 21 Cernel An Axis aligned Siam should be surely called Thailand. Yet, if the concept is being an atlas you would find in an English military headquarter in ...
Apr 21 hepster In many period maps I have skimmed often countries have double names... ie. Thailand also has (Siam) listed below its name. Just as Iran is often...
Apr 21 Cernel Bump. What about giving Dutch and Thai the ability to produce Bomber, Cruiser and Battleship? This would make Bomber, Cruiser and Battleship...
Apr 22 Cernel Ah, sorry, as I said "my advice is having only "Berlin" and "Hamburg" as city names, and for everything else go with regi...
Apr 22 redrum @Cernel - Responses: New Valley seems more common on maps I've found and I don't see translations of any of the others. I think let's stick wit...
Apr 22 Cernel I want to say I don't think we shouldn't fear too much to do changes if they have minimal balance impact, since this map is not like NWO. Even amo...
Apr 22 redrum @Cernel - What do you mean by exact same colors? The units? As the territories are definitely different. @all - Renamings for West Russia: W...
Apr 22 Cernel Finns: Thai: Remembers me of the bundled minor powers single player of Blood and Iron I always disliked. I can see what Sieg was thinki...
Apr 22 Cernel Once you are done, I'll double check the names on my 1945, to see if there is anyone non existent as province, back then. And, yes, I confirm they...
Apr 22 Cernel So, any opinions from any1 about giving Dutch and Thai the ability to buy Bomber, Cruiser and Battleship, to standardize rosters a bit more??? ...
Apr 23 redrum @Cernel - Agree on the color change and making Thai units a bit lighter. I'm hoping to do the rest of the renaming of Russia this weekend then...
Apr 23 redrum @all - Central Russia renamings: Central Russia Nenets -> Komi Pervouralsk -> Perm Kazakh -> Bashkiria Svedlovsk -> Chelyabinsk...
Apr 23 ice i agree on fixing the building que, in axis and allies even a minor can become a mayor power, so a building que shouldnt stand in there way imo. ...
Apr 23 Cernel I totally hate that as well. Ok the Thai at start are little shit, but what about if they, somehow, create a big empire? Why they should be unable...
Apr 23 Cernel Another thing roster related, is that I would make ArmoredCar att/def 2/2 and cost 4, just because I hate the you-must-buy-couples thing (artiller...
Apr 23 ice i think u should give china ships aswel, they cant hold any coastal province for turns so theres no weird blocking option going to happen soon, ma...
Apr 23 Cernel Well, I'm open giving China ships too, but I was not really bothered about that because (for once) it was something making sense, up to a limit; b...
Apr 23 Cernel Side note, I believe that using a wrong unit, being default in TripleA as something else (battleship, instead of cruiser), is a bad abit, so I've ...
Apr 24 redrum @Cernel - So my thought on units for now is do 1 and 4. Those should have minimal balance impact and the rest may have more impact. So I agree ...
Apr 24 Cernel For the record, currently the players that can't build Mot.Inf (meaning can't produce trucks and put dudes with rifles inside them), and never wil...
Apr 24 wirkey 2 units buy could be solved if the total income is timed with 10 and the prices are too. I had this suggested already. Could also make sense for t...
Apr 25 Navalland i like it very much.
Apr 26 redrum @all - After looking at WaW for all the renamings, the territory name placement really started bothering me. It currently does a decent job for la...
Apr 26 Cernel Sorry, counted to finish all up, or at least post the Italian names, but, after reading the interesting m3tan uses of canals, arguing around the c...
Apr 26 Cernel Looks interesting. Not sure if old and new should be optionable in map.properties. Surely new should be default. Another fix could be (as I sai...
Apr 26 Cernel A minor visual bug report, sorry if I do it here, since it is engine related: I just noticed that only 1 of the territories is displayed, in th...
Apr 27 Navalland Britain is very vulnerable in north africa. Rush to cairo is a bit unfair i think. When italy rush to cairo and yamamoto go indian ocean; allies i...
Apr 27 Cernel Roma->Rome Genova->Lombardy Venezia->Venetia (Veneto, Venezia) Firenze->Tuscany Taranto->Campania (Mezzogiorno, Southern It...
Apr 27 Cernel I want to add that I'm still unsure about the names for the Libyan Sahara, and may change my suggestions. A possibility would be also W.Fezzan,...
Apr 27 Cernel Also, for consistency, either: Venezia->Venetia Taranto->Campania or Venezia->Triveneto Taranto->Mezzogiorno http://en.w...
Apr 27 redrum @Cernel - Responses: Still thinking about Thai but interesting idea. I think this is just one of those areas that really can't be covered well ...
Apr 27 Cernel Unless we are also going to change Lombardy to Milan and Venetia to Trieste or Venice (which I suggest not to), I definitively suggest not having ...
Apr 27 redrum @Cernel - Alright. Let's stick with Campania then.
Apr 27 Cernel Firstly, sorry, my proposal was unfeasible, because all canals must be differently named (so, it is not possible to call all canals between 10...
Apr 27 redrum @Cernel - I glanced at the canal message and probably won't change it at this point as it would take some work for a rather minor improvement. I s...
Apr 27 Cernel Okey Dokey. I think Yucatego is better as Central America and Israel is better as Palestine. I would suggest just going for TerritoryA and T...
Apr 27 Cernel If fixing canals, my suggestion is doing it this way: The message for the single first canal failing validation (that is all you need in all ma...
Apr 27 redrum @Cernel - So the problem with doing that is many maps have canal names that are completely meaningless like 'Canal1' so if you change the message ...
Apr 27 Cernel I realize that, but since the current display is crappy anyway (and I actually think worse than my proposal even for the traditional maps, mostly ...
Apr 28 Cernel Also, this thing that the JetFighter can move 5 is very strange, as being a lonely exception of odd movement for an air unit. Not asking to do it ...
Apr 28 redrum @Cernel - Ok, I agree on the canals and have made adjustments to the validation messages to be either: "Must control " + + " to m...
Apr 28 redrum @Cernel - Yeah I'd say go ahead and rename the canals with the land territories needed to be controlled as that is way better canal1, canal2, etc.
Apr 28 Cernel I would actually not differentiate, but if you really want to differentiate, I think you should say "at start turn" (as you find in the ...
Apr 28 Cernel Talking about canals, a thing that I think would be cool to change in the ruleset is having all 2 dots canals not blocking "Submarine" o...
Apr 28 hepster If you look at TWW we did something similar for canals and straits... Canals we added a canal icon and straits we did as a highlighted area to di...
Apr 28 Cernel The new world_at_war as per 2.0 is 50.9 MB unzipped (most images made with GIMP 2.8, not optimized with optiPNG or anything). Does optiPNG get ...
Apr 28 redrum @Cernel - Yeah, 'at start of turn' is probably better and more consistent with how the rules work and are explained. I kind of like the sub ide...
Apr 28 Cernel Ok, then, the world_at_war 2.0 is finished. I'll wait till the end of the week to release it (upload it here via SendSpace), in case anything c...
Apr 28 redrum @Cernel - Awesome, nice work. Can you actually upload it now so I can look it over and review the game notes? And yeah I agree the next step is th...
Apr 28 Cernel I prefer waiting till end week, so I can reread through it well enough too.
Apr 28 Cernel I much suggest not considering the names definitive, yet, especially the Soviet siberian ones (also, I have not really looked at a lot of them, an...
Apr 28 redrum @Cernel - Alright. And yeah I'm open to feedback/suggestions on any of the renamings until we actually start doing it. I would still like to do th...
Apr 28 Cernel A curiosity: Marine and Mot.Inf are exclusive between each other: all players having Marine haven't Mot.Inf, and vice versa, for some reasons. ...
Apr 29 Cernel Thinking on it more, I believe it would be fittingly making "B.Transport" into a RED DOT unit. Meaning only Japs and Americans can pr...
Apr 29 redrum @Cernel - Hadn't noticed the Marine vs Mot.Inf but that's interesting. B.Transport idea makes sense though I think it would have more impact on...
Apr 29 Cernel Hadn't found any really good or even representative images for something called B.Transport (actually, have no clue about how it should look like)...
Apr 29 pug6000 About B.Transports: There is from time to time a discussion about it. The main question is why only Japan and US get it. For red dot I tend...
Apr 29 pug6000 On canals: At the moment the canals are an interesting tactical tool on the pacific. You open a path with one nation and the next can make use ...
Apr 29 Cernel I always had difficulties talking with most experienced players; never got anything helpful out of such conversations. They tend to be very evasiv...
Apr 29 Cernel To give some pointless info, on who might have been able to produce something like a B.Transport since start game, here are all the transport sh...
Apr 29 Cernel Talked with them. tcurin was against the B.Transport to red dot idea, and I guess epinikion was against too, albeit I didn't actually manage to ...
Apr 30 Cernel Pug, not sure if you are taking into consideration the sea zones changes (we already definitively split 3 sea zones), tho. In my noob opinion mov...
Apr 30 Cernel Regarding the Russians Submarine in Pacific, we had several people, by now, here and lobby, saying that they remove it. I think these peopl...
Apr 30 Cernel I believe we are still in time to (I'm guessing) reducing the defence value of L.Fighter from 4 to 3 (leaving rest as it is) and reducing the ...
May 01 redrum @Cernel - I actually kind of agree with removing the Russian sub. It just ends up being too random and Russia should either have more of a proper ...
May 01 Cernel That Russians sub is one of the few almost correct things in this game, as the Russians had about half of the total number of their many submarine...
May 01 Cernel What I meant is that, since here nothing really makes sense anyway, if you are sure I go ahead and remove the stupid sub. I guess would be coheren...
May 01 Cernel A better solution than removing the sub, maybe, would be moving the Submarine from the Pacific to the Black Sea. As this would solve the problem a...
May 01 Navalland I think yamamoto should be more strong and hisaichi should be more weak. Also divided usa is very good idea. Balance is good but Cairo is...
May 01 Cernel Yah, I already said that I would give Italians Rhodes, compensating by giving Americans Panama, but it has been refused, already (unless xp player...
May 01 redrum @Cernel - Yeah let's move the Russian sub from "72 Sea Zone" to "54 Sea Zone". I think that is the simplest solution for now. ...
May 01 Cernel Ok, I move the sub. Anyway, I think the Rhodes and Panama are the two things bothering me the most. My maybe not too unbalanced suggestion, for...
May 02 Cernel I ended up doing some other work on minor details like: -> So I think I'll post the 2.0 one day later, to check all should be fine. Easy ...
May 02 Cernel If someone is not getting it, the one on the right is a B-29, the one on the left is a B-17 with some white stripes.
May 03 Cernel =WORLD AT WAR= version: 2.0 "There is a New Age of War, the Total War." https://www.sendspace.com/file/g7dfcx -Changelog &...
May 03 Cernel The first completed game with all to (not very) Fast AI (jpg 90% quality):
May 03 ice plz dont give cairo a bunker, for that matter dont give any allies additional defencive starting units. giving rhodes to italy is fine by me. t...
May 03 Cernel So, redrum, I much suggest you give Italians Rhodes (with no units in it) right away in the first 2.0.1 you'll upload in GitHub, so that people wi...
May 03 Cernel World At War 2.0 is playable with TripleA 1.9.0.0.1549: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/tag/1.9.0.0.1549
May 04 redrum @Cernel - Awesome work! Looks really good and nice job updating the game notes as well. Thoughts 1. Need to add to the game notes the rule cla...
May 04 pug6000 Ad Rhodos: I dont think giving it to Italy really changes anything, so I would say go for it ad Cairo (bunker): no. I compeltly agree with ice ...
May 05 Cernel Thanks. This turned out to be a bigger work than anticipated, but I think I've saned all major things, and also a good amount of the details. No...
May 05 Cernel For playtesters, you can download World At War 2.0 here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g7dfcx and download TripleA 1.9.0.0.1549 here: http:/...
May 05 sneakingcoward why do you need TripleA 1.9.0.0.1549 for the new waw ????
May 05 Cernel Because I've restricted it to work only with 1.9 and following. And I did that because of this: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Attatc...
May 06 Frostion A little of topic, but I really hope the next tripleA release notes will be so clear about the required XML changes that a map makers can use the ...
May 06 Cernel An example of how canal names can be displayed, having both info and flavour, under the new system: (but it still says "for an entire ...
May 06 redrum @Cernel - Responses: Game Notes - Yeah, I'll take a swing at improving the rules clarifications and putting them in. I don't plan to put any of...
May 06 Cernel Hide Nation: Next to Unit: Below Unit: Neat option, but the default should be "Hide Nation" on almost all maps. WaW is one of...
May 06 Cernel Also, I suggest you add 3 hacky 1x1 invisible flags for "Neutral", so not to show the units flags for them. I mean these: flags_Neut...
May 06 ice i really like the 2nd 1, next to unit gj ice
May 06 Cernel Not "instead". What I said is that map.showTerritoryNames=true/false should be retained, but it should only set the default behaviou...
May 06 Cernel Next to Unit is currently the default, but I think the default should be Hide Nation, and the thing should be map related (not generally set) an...
May 07 Cernel At the end, it is a matter of personal preferences, between having more minimap/side bar or more board view. For example, Veqryn's Napoleonic...
May 08 Cernel http://github.com/triplea-maps/world_at_war/pulls Apparently, RoiEXLab has spotted 1 rare case of misspelling in WaW and is close to releasing ...
May 09 Cernel I see that you have a "Sea zone string checks" ongoing. As I said when the issue was still to be settled for WaW 2.0, it is quite obvio...
May 10 redrum @Cernel - Yeah the new unit flag options are cool though I tend to agree default should be off or based on the map. Though if we want to discuss f...
May 10 Cernel First of all, have to say I'd like to still argue on a couple of things, plus I might double check some islands on my atlas, thus would suggest ...
May 10 Cernel Just paste those 1 pixel transparent images into the world_at_war/flags you have, and Neutral will have no (visible) flags, in all cases any fla...
May 10 Cernel And this is a possible new 400 pixels wide image for the download games list (it is the central section of the image above):
May 23 aaalafayette Could an update request be sent out to get the XML up to date? http://github.com/triplea-maps/world_at_war Getting updates in sooner will be...
May 24 redrum @aaalafayette - Yeah, I'm gonna add the latest to github this week. @Cernel - Any other feedback on the territory renamings. I'd like to move f...
May 25 Ryuzaki I have an image of a French tank if you guys want to use it for the map, just edit the base colour.
May 25 Cernel I'll try to give some suggestions on some of the main things I think are bad soon (mostly several east Asian capitals). Problem is that the solu...
May 25 Cernel Thanks for the input and nice one, but I always suggest telling what unit is representing, when you are proposing any units. If redrum wants that...
May 26 redrum @Cernel - I would say just leave Hisaichi as I don't think any of the others are really much better. I fine with either way on the french tank ...
May 28 Cernel So, sorry, didn't manage to finish it up yet, even though I'm not looking at everything; I hope to be able to post tomorrow, but yes there are sev...
May 29 Cernel I did not much and didn't verify a lot, here are the imputs (sorry, I didn't manage to verify the East Russia, up to you if you want to go ahead, ...
May 29 Cernel So, up to you if you want to wait more or go ahead with the renaming. Chances are that there might be something better than Kaask->Yakutsk, but...
May 29 Cernel I tend to believe Sieg, upon drawing the map, drawn the south taking the Chunking territory as being North Burma, and then drawn China taking the ...
May 29 Cernel I'm too sleepy now, I'll see about the Soviet circles tomorrow, but you feel free to go ahead, though I suggest not uploading anything at all in g...
May 30 Ryuzaki Are there any plans to provide ANZAC and China additional capitals? I can see arguments for not doing it, such as those used to this map might ...
May 30 Cernel I let redrum answer, since the ball is in his court now, but I think it would have been nice if China started with Shanghai and Peiping as capital...
May 31 Cernel Just noticed this: Port->Victoria(Vancouver Island) Of course, it should be renamed: Port->Vancouver-something- My suggestion is...
May 31 Cernel Another, maybe best, idea, even tho, of course, not anywhere perfect, due to map's sillinesses, what about this: Yamamoto->Japanese(Nippon) ...
May 31 Cernel I was reading the posts made back in 2010 to see if anything sensible was being said, and I found out this: So, what about adding "Mech.In...
May 31 Ryuzaki Also Russians->Soviets It's inaccurate to refer to the USSR as Russia, and all the members of such as Russians. It's the equivalent of ca...
May 31 Cernel If you prefer Soviets, then you might prefer ColonialNetherlanders, not ColonialDutch, even tho virtually noone says Netherlander and Dutch is com...
May 31 Ryuzaki Well there is also the basis of the Soviets being the main political entity of the USSR, in the control of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, e...
May 31 Cernel So, I didn't manage to get around seriously checking the east Russia anyway, I'm just gona report a bunch of cities for the circles: Provincial...
Jun 01 Cernel I tend to prefer Russians because it sounds more like British, Italians, Germans etc., while "Soviets" is not really a nationality, but ...
Jun 01 Cernel I still suggest adding 1 Bunker in Krym.
Jun 06 Cernel ? If you agree with having Sverdlovsk and Krasnoyarsk as capitals, I can see to write down a full suggested new list for the Siberian territori...
Jun 06 Cernel The fact that either N.Burma or Yunnan seem doomed to disappear into a same territory being the sum up of both is very bad and bothersome. Th...
Jun 06 Cernel A downside is that with these new names then Himalaya->Chinghai would not make sense anymore. So, I guess leaving it Himalaya or finding som...
Jun 07 Cernel An alternative, substituting the massive splattering of Kansu with a more moderate splattering of Chinghai would be: Xining (stays Xining) Min...
Jun 07 crazy_german Cernel, I would recommend using my suggestions for China, unless you have a specific reason for not doing so. I am familiar with the history and g...
Jun 08 redrum @Cernel - Well that's a lot of posts :) So trying to skim through them here are my initial thoughts: USA (updated sheet already) Washington...
Jun 08 crazy_german The reason I volunteered was hopefully because I could do it much faster and more accurately than someone like Cernel thanks to my background in t...
Jun 08 crazy_german Here is some detail on each Chinese name suggestion Hisachi Quagan ---> Manchouli Its a major city near here Hsingnan --->...
Jun 08 redrum @crazy_german - Originally we were not reusing names to keep backwards compatibility but due to some TripleA engine changes this isn't going to be...
Jun 09 crazy_german Cool, here are some changes if backwards compatibility isn't an issue. I also revised the previous ones to avoid situations where two territories ...
Jun 09 Cernel Redrum, the main thing I would have needed to know if you are fine with N.Burma or against it, plus if redrum would be receptive to giving it over...
Jun 09 Cernel That was not my suggestion. I believe the first thing first to avoid is having names subset of others. So, if you don't want to have "Van...
Jun 10 redrum @Cernel - I'm against N.Burma as I don't want to mess with ownership at this point so I think its better as Yunnan. I also think we should probabl...
Jun 10 crazy_german That is quite a long post, I did read the whole thing. Don't worry I don't take anything personally. First of all, you caught a few misspelling...
Jun 10 Cernel Was never actually suggesting making any gameplay changes there, just Himalaya->Changtang, and leave it impassable as it is, which is anyway mu...
Jun 10 Cernel I strongly believe the following 5 current territories should start as original owner Chinese (meaning the other allies liberate): Kwangsi Fuk...
Jun 11 Cernel If Fugong->Chungking, my suggestions would actually be: W.Tibet->W.Tibet Nepal->E.Tibet Tibet->Sikang Also, while I hate Chunkin...
Jun 15 Cernel While having Chungking or Szechuan is mostly a matter of personal preference, and I'm fine enough with Chungking instead of Szechuan, I wanted h...
Jun 15 Cernel So, I made some study on the Manchuria names, to assure having possible region selections that keep coherency, because I don't wanna just proposin...
Jun 15 captaincrunch @Cernel you rock
Jun 16 Cernel Another thing I've just noticed, based on the map borders: Kashmir is not Kashmir. As you can see, the uppermost parts of N.W.India and N.India i...
Jun 16 crazy_german Cernel I think you are being more thorough than what was intended. The goal of this update was just to be fast, and eliminate the really bad names...
Jun 17 Navalland I downloaded World At War new version but i coudn't open.
Jun 20 Cernel I suggest the new WaW you will upload in the repository after the names changes being made being version "2.1.0"; in the meantime, I sug...
Jun 20 Cernel After you have made the changes above (comprising giving Italians Rhodes with no units in it), I suggest you give a link to your latest 2.0.x vers...
Jun 20 Cernel 0) Yamamoto / Hisaichi could be changed to: 1) Japanese / Kwantung 2) Japanese_Pacific / Japanese_Asia 3) Japanese_Southern / Japanese_Nor...
Jun 20 Frostion Impressively long change log! In this occasion I would like to mention an idea/suggestion for how to handle change logs in tripleA. Would it not ...
Jun 20 redrum @Cernel - I downloaded and tested the version you posted but haven't made any other updates yet. If you want to go ahead and make the game notes, ...
Jun 20 Cernel Ah, I assumed you already finished making the rules clarifications. I suggest you do shortly after I post the 2.0.1 here, then. For the 2.0.1, ...
Jun 20 Cernel I like this idea, as I think it would be cool users to be able to get the full changelog without having to delve inside the map folder or absurdly...
Jun 20 Cernel No, it should be an optional section, that mapmakers may or may not have in their xml (and the menu option should be there (like a "Game ...
Jun 20 Frostion I didn’t want to start a huge discussion about how, what and where to handle changelogs … but it is nice to see that the idea is possitivly recive...
Jun 21 redrum @Cernel - Sounds good. Go ahead with changing original owner of those as well. I've been a little short on time recently but hoping we can drive t...
Jun 21 Cernel Another thing that I think is awful are those nonsensical Finns ships in 5 Sea Zone (north west of Norway?!). I would remove them all (Finns would...
Jun 21 Cernel Also, you should develop the engine to restrict a sea unit bombarding only the territory it unloaded to, because in WaW you can use a Cruiser to u...
Jun 21 Cernel Also, I don't like the fact that the fighter with the stripes is the one with the basic name, should be the other way round (it feels like calling...
Jun 21 redrum @Cernel - PR#852 is merged now. I don't want to change the Finnish ships at this point. Interesting point on units that can transport/bombard. ...
Jun 22 Cernel Tell me what dimensions you want the smallMap to be. I still suggest 200x77 with the current engine or 400x154 if you will update the Engine to...
Jun 22 Cernel As said, I believe it is obvious that a ship should bombard only the territory it unloaded to; there in not such a limit just because in the stand...
Jun 23 redrum @Cernel - Since we didn't get much feedback on the minimap let's just stick with the 300 width. Yeah, unloading and bombarding different territ...
Jun 23 Cernel What about calling them EarlyFighter and LateFighter?
Jun 23 redrum @Cernel - LateFighter isn't a great option since we already have L.Fighter. Given that we have: EarlyFighter Fighter L.Fighter (stands for long...
Jun 23 Cernel I'm uncomfortable at the roots as I surely dislike this thing of having EarlyFighter and Fighter (I would have had only Fighter), and don't see an...
Jun 23 Ryuzaki I have some new flags for France and Russia Also, I'm not quite sure, but where exactly is this prototype copy of WAW 2.0 and what ...
Jun 23 Cernel I'm not taking the Russians flags nor the Elite (if redrum wants them, he will have to add them up himself). On the other hand, thanks for prov...
Jun 23 redrum @Cernel - I'm fine with using that for the French.
Jun 23 Ryuzaki If you would like flags, I am working on these.
Jun 23 Cernel No, LOL, I was talking in general. I think we can stick with the current flags here, I don't care. Moreover, the Swastika is forbidden in TA (I di...
Jun 23 Cernel If you are using a freeware automated program for creating artistic flags out of plain square ones I'm surely interested in info about it, by the ...
Jun 23 Ryuzaki They are hand drawn, first with paint.exe then using a program called Gimp 2. Paint is for basic details that Gimp has a hard time designing for m...
Jun 23 Cernel Well, in my opinion the style of that sniper bitch is significantly different from the average WaW unit, and especially from the highly blurred ba...
Jun 24 Cernel I'm amazed that Anzac has a Carrier while the British don't. Just spotted that... I think this can rate as the number 1 for the units. Amazi...
Jun 24 Cernel =WORLD AT WAR= version: 2.0.1 Download "world_at_war" here (49.98 MB): http://www.sendspace.com/file/h4dsqb Changelog "1....
Jun 24 Cernel At redrum: a correction in the changelog you should do; change this: Change MiniMap - Remake smallMap at 200x77, as shrunken version of baseI...
Jun 27 Cernel Especially since I see there are no Fighter units in the starting setup, I suggest this renaming: EarlyFighter->Fighter Fighter->A.Fig...
Jun 28 redrum @Cernel - I don't really that is any better as then its the only unit with "A." for advanced.
Jun 28 Ryuzaki Perhaps refer to the stronger fighter as H. Fighter? (H for Heavy), they were used somewhat in the war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_fig...
Jun 28 Cernel Well, I definitively believe that the EarlyFighter should be renamed as just Fighter; I don't care much about how the Fighter would be renamed. ...
Jun 28 Cernel Or: EarlyFighter->Fighter Fighter->NewFighter L.Fighter->L.Fighter That would still represent the Hurricane vs Spitfire thing I g...
Jun 28 Cernel Practically, the only thing I would definitively advise is to change EarlyFighter to just Fighter, to be consistent with whatever other units pres...
Jun 29 redrum @Cernel - Alright. I think out of all the suggestions my vote if you want to change EarlyFighter would be for Fighter and HeavyFighter. Only issue...
Jun 29 Cernel One reason is that in the 2.0.2 I'm posting shortly I've added an option for having a reduced roster. I'm posting it shortly, and you'll let me kn...
Jun 29 Cernel I saw that the bid menu is all randomly listed and the "French bid" is even present two times... So, I've made some sense into that too...
Jun 29 Cernel =WORLD AT WAR= version: 2.0.2 Download "world_at_war" here (50.11 MB): https://www.sendspace.com/file/pei51r Changelog "1...
Jun 29 Cernel I must say I don't really like HeavyFighter, and would go for some other solutions on the lines of: - NewFighter - AdvancedFighter - Adv.Fi...
Jun 29 Ryuzaki Some new images, you'll have to add the necessary effects though. Char 2C Tank, for French and ColonialFrench HeavyTank image (less repeats the...
Jun 29 Cernel At redrum, the map should be fairly stable at its current state, so I advice you playtest it and go ahead making all Notes updates and whatever ch...
Jun 29 Cernel I think my preference would be Adv.Fighter.
Jun 29 kkz I tested it with hard AI versus hard AI and got this error: WARNING [Triplea start thread] ProAI -> 8-britishCombatMove: Jemen, remain...
Jun 30 Cernel You can manually set the RAM at whatever level you wish to by going in the directory where you have installed TripleA and opening system.ini with ...
Jun 30 Cernel Not using any of those, sorry (and I don't know if they are copyrighted), however that SS is not bad:
Jun 30 Cernel The more I think about it, the more I tend to think that the best pick is probably Adv.Fighter I think HeavyFighter doesn't sound right, becau...
Jul 02 Navalland Some triplea maps are incompatible for 1.9.0.0
Jul 03 Cernel ?
Jul 03 Cernel I've noticed that Dutch and Anzac bid phases are inverted; irrelevant thing (since they are in the same alliance), but it has to be corrected. Al...
Jul 03 Cernel =WORLD AT WAR= version: 2.0.3 Download "world_at_war" here (50.23 MB): http://www.sendspace.com/file/2isf6o Changelog "1....
Jul 04 Navalland My map doesn't work on 1.9.0.0.
Jul 04 Cernel http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Attatch-incorrect-spelling-fixed-tp7591892.html;cid=1467657144412-345 And the new 1.9 user maps folder ...
Jul 12 Cernel I ended up giving up with trying to have Kaask->Krasnoyarsk, because the distortions were just too ridiculous. I still believe that Yakutsk i...
Jul 28 redrum Alright so finally getting around to putting this all together with the rule clarifications and doing some testing. I made a few changes before up...
Jul 28 redrum @Cernel - I updated the spreadsheet based on your Russian recommendations. Most of them I accepted and chose which I thought was best when there w...
Jul 28 Cernel Why the Chinese re-names are still the same?! I've explain the main issues here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/WORLD-AT-WAR-tp586240...
Jul 28 Cernel To reduce the overlapping I can resize the Americans battleship at 56x64 and give everyone the Americans battleship, properly colour coded; so the...
Jul 28 Cernel You don't need to review it because I can see you made your list based on your preferences, and I've nothing else to say (and everything looks a...
Jul 28 Cernel Yes, if you, like, have 48x48 and 64x64 images all 64x64 images will be misplaced right and down. And, yes, the correct way of mapmaking un...
Jul 28 redrum @Cernel - Yeah, let's try the US battleship and cruiser images for all players and hopefully changing the image size avoids any overlapping. I'...
Jul 29 redrum @all - Initial renaming list should now be complete. Please review so we can finalize these soon and make the changes: https://docs.google.com/spr...
Jul 29 ice from page 12-13 to 46 are all 1 discussion about the latest update. i reccomend moving this discussion (the 33pages) once u finish the update. ...
Jul 30 Elenol I learned I never want to work on maps.
Jul 30 crazy_german The Chinese names all look good to me. Its a big improvement For Hisachi, the following make no sense to me. As someone who speaks Chinese I ha...
Jul 30 Cernel Short answer: Those are the names both in my 1940 and 1945 original atlases. Long answer: From what I understand, Lungkiang is just the tran...
Jul 30 crazy_german Your atlas has some weird names, I just asked a Chinese person and they would have though lungkiang was a mistake and had no clue where Fengtien w...
Jul 30 Cernel I'm just definitively suggesting not mixing Manchukuo and Chinese names up in the territory of Manchukuo; so, if no Lungkiang and Fengtien, then a...
Aug 01 krustyshort0 Hi all and redrum(sieg): First off, I have to say that I love your maps. I can't imagine how much work goes into them. My understanding is ...
Aug 01 redrum @krustyshort0 - I would look at it more like updating WaW not (deleting/replacing). We are primarily focused on updating it to the latest TripleA ...
Aug 02 crazy_german @Redrum Xining --> Yan'An If you want it to sound different. I agree its good to keep province names sounding as different as possible @Ce...
Aug 02 redrum @Cernel - There appears to be a bug with Stukas. If you start up the game with the option to use the extra units (Stuka, elite, etc) then you can'...
Aug 02 Cernel Ah, sorry, the movement is given at start of combat move, I'll fix. I think that option is neat and, you know, it's an option off as default and i...
Aug 02 Cernel Latest changes: - Given everyone the same Battleship, representing the American Iowa (I think it was cooler most players having their own histo...
Aug 02 Cernel What I was saying is that I believe all these are acceptable (tho I would really use Hulunbuir instead of Manchouli), but in this case the cap...
Aug 02 crazy_german If Hisachi's capital is renamed, then Xining --> Hsining If Hsining is bad, then Xining -->Yan'An is the next best choice. As I have ...
Aug 02 redrum @Cernel - I chose to keep Kashmir and get your point about where it is located but would still rather keep it. I do kind of like Yan'an as its mor...
Aug 02 ice another reminder, this topic is now in redicules forms. i tried to find the picture that showed the new seazone in the pacific and had to go back ...
Aug 02 Cernel Well I really don't like Yan'an there and I think also CZ has a slight preference for Hsining over Yan'an; so all considered my choices would be: ...
Aug 02 Cernel People needs to understand that the lobby is for playing game and the forum is for developing games. If they don't want to read or talk in forum, ...
Aug 02 crazy_german Im for finalizing Xining --> Yan'An All other Chinese names as they are in the excel document For hisachi, Seoul->Changchun Quagan-&...
Aug 02 Cernel Also, for anyone who thinks that the current WaW is absolutely perfect, thus whatever changes can be nothing but detrimental, by definition, there...
Aug 03 redrum @ice - Yeah referencing the history of this thread is difficult now. I would just direct folks to the pre-release as they can test and read the ch...
Aug 03 redrum @all - Updated WaW pre-release to fix Stuka turn 1 move issue and change battleship image to be the same for all nations: https://github.com/tripl...
Aug 03 Cernel You didn't update the "Battleship.png" and "Battleship_hit.png" in doc/images: it still shows the Bismarck (while now the Germ...
Aug 03 Cernel Redrum, I forgot to correct the "marine" bug: the Americans is still "marine": you should change it to "Marine". Al...
Aug 03 Cernel Is the "ch" of Heilungchiang to be pronounced like the one of "church" or like a "k"? How can it be that both Heilu...
Aug 03 crazy_german Heilungchiang would literally be "black dragon river"。 Lungchiang would be "dragon river" (though i have never heard this shor...
Aug 05 Cernel You sure you don't want to rename Bangladesh as N.Burma? The concept of taking Burma so to cut communications between China and India was a big pa...
Aug 06 Cernel In the xml changelog there is this: - Add a units subfolder called Kwantung (useless), having exactly the same units as Hisaichi - Add a units...
Aug 07 redrum @all - Fixed the battleship/marine images and remove those lines from the xml changelog. Also fixed the version. Latest can be downloaded in-game ...
Aug 07 Cernel Ok, I'll do the renaming changes and post here. There are just a couple of names I would suggest something different; namely the Hawaii islands an...
Aug 07 Cernel Lille->Dunkirk I don't think this is good. While I understand having Tobruk instead of Benghazi, I think Dunkirk is a lame name also strateg...
Aug 07 redrum @Cernel - Overall, good suggestions and I agree with most of them. List updated to reflect all of the below: Good point of Dunkirk and I do lik...
Aug 07 ice dont forget chrismas island, thats wrongly located for like 5000 km :P ice
Aug 07 Cernel redrum, Aquitaine instead of Gascony is fine, but I believe Occitania is not. Occitania (o Pays d'Oc) is a nationalist concept for defining all...
Aug 07 redrum @Cernel - Alright, I see your point on Occitania. List updated to: Bordeaux->Aquitaine Toulouse->Languedoc
Aug 07 Cernel I am now unable to scroll down past 100; so I can't see anything under Shangtung--->Shantung...
Aug 07 redrum @Cernel - Just checked the list and works fine for me. Make sure you let the page fully load before you start scrolling. If you can't get it to wo...
Aug 07 Cernel Now it's fine.
Aug 09 Cernel Mongolia->UlaanBaatar would be the only case in which we have an upper case without a space in between, which I also don't like; not a big deal...
Aug 09 crazy_german That's a lot more research into Mongolia than I did, so go ahead and use Cernel's suggestions
Aug 09 Cernel Also, I think that Rostov->Georgia is really not good. Since the map is so distorted, that would mean that Georgia and Azerbaijan do not borde...
Aug 10 Cernel I think these should be the last things, so then I can make the 2.1 (I might still notice something, but don't think much so).
Aug 10 redrum @Cernel - Agree with Mongolia, Baffin, and E.Sudan (all updated). I'd prefer to keep Georgia and Astrakhan on the map since they are much more ...
Aug 10 Cernel So, this would be the full renaming list: Scottland:Scotland N.Ire:Northern Ireland Ire:Dublin S.Ire:Munster Normandy:Brittany Le Havre:No...
Aug 10 Cernel And you or somebody really must play at least two games of the new 2.1 with a good opponent. Would be very embarrassing if people using the new re...
Aug 11 redrum @Cernel - The list looks good to me. I'm actually already playing a PBF game on the current pre-release version. We will probably need to have a f...
Aug 12 Cernel A thing I was wondering is if the Yamamoto sea unit are a bit hard to tell apart from the Hisaichi ones; I don't know if the Yamamoto units should...
Aug 12 redrum @Cernel - YES. Please do make them more yellow. While they do have a red dot its very small and they are often difficult to tell apart.
Aug 12 Cernel Firstly I made it at +100% saturation, as per the unit image I posted at my previous post, but I think it looked too bad. So, I redid it at +50% ...
Aug 12 Cernel To compare, this is the current WaW: As you can see, the new one has only slightly more yellow, because more looked unstylish to me, but th...
Aug 12 Cernel This is an animated looping image that shows the +50% saturation change, before and after, at 1 s intervals (gif ex-jpg 90% quality):
Aug 12 redrum @Cernel - Agree. I like the new unit coloring. In particular, destroyers and subs were often difficult to distinguish between the 2 Japanese nations.
Aug 14 Cernel Sorry but all the latest issues about the warclub trashing (?) and the need to try to explain my last minute proposals about renaming and deletion...
Aug 15 Cernel Since I see we have Milne Bay and Pearl Harbor, I'm going to change Moresby->Port Moresby if it is fine. Side note, it is "Granville (P...
Aug 15 redrum @Cernel - Yep, I'm fine with Port Moresby.
Aug 17 Cernel In the following two cases (only): "– During non combat move, if there are any aircraft requiring"... "– The following are the ...
Aug 17 Cernel BTW, since that Issue in GitHub seems to have stabilised a bit, now I can do the changes, and I'm hoping to be able to furnish the items for the 2...
Aug 17 Cernel Also, I'm guessing it is NotePad creating them (?), but I also have: "the carriers used to validate combat moves that aren’t needed" ...
Aug 17 redrum @Cernel - You certainly have a good eye for detail. And yeah please go ahead and fix both those character issues. I usually use Notepad++ but give...
Aug 17 Cernel Then, if you see them too, I find very strange that the game actually worked. Because it did for me too, and bugged off only after I resaved. For...
Aug 17 Cernel I regret having lowered the attention on duplicates. We missed not one, but two duplicates, at least: Irkutsk Ponape (Irkutsk my fault, Ponape...
Aug 18 aaalafayette Everything on the updated list, not included the known ones, ignoring the "*", is all unique.
Aug 18 Cernel Nice to know. I will restart doing the renamings from the latest release after the general xml changes have settled.
Aug 18 Cernel I want to add that I tend to think avoiding subsets at all, like here not having both "Georgia" and "New Georgia" or both &quo...
Aug 19 redrum As long as they are 2 completely different places then I'm fine with the name subsets as both your examples are very different places.
Aug 22 Cernel I confirm. If I download the latest word_at_war and select World At War it loads fine. But, then, if I resave the xml with WordPad (I do it to rec...
Aug 24 Cernel LaFayette, I still appreciate the autosearch, but I guess something didn't work with that, because it turns out that in the previous list there is...
Aug 25 Cernel Please, give me an answer soon, so I can get around doing 2.1. Practically, I just need to know if you are fine with Barcelona->Catalonia an...
Aug 30 redrum @Cernel - Yeah I'm fine with Barcelona->Catalonia. I don't care much about island vs archipelago names and prefer just to use the most known na...
Sep 03 Cernel Uhm, just noticed that having all main islands is not really feasible, anyway, for some reasons. For example, Cape Verde would need to be renam...
Sep 04 Cernel I was just thinking that it would be actually reasonable to have N.Burma and S.Burma and leaving N.Burma ownership Chinese, because this could be ...
Sep 05 Cernel If I don't receive an answer in 1 day, I'll go ahead posting the 2.1 stuff with the changes above in bold, since the release looks like closing in...
Sep 06 redrum @Cernel - I'm good with all the above bold suggestions except: Sarong->N.Dutch New Guinea(Hollandia) Okaba->S.Dutch New Guinea(Merauke)...
Sep 06 Cernel Ok, but if you want Fiji and Tonga, then let's have Kermandec too, since I think it is preferable contiguous stuff being at least self-coherent. ...
Sep 06 redrum @Cernel - Kermandec is fine. For Gilbert vs Ellice, I'd say let's keep Nauru and go with Gilbert: Makin->Tarawa Maiana->Tabiteuea
Sep 06 Cernel Ok, I will post the stuff soon. I actually believe the best argument for having Manila is that we have to see Davao... Thus I guess seeing D...
Sep 06 Cernel Just for info, in my original 1940 atlas they are: In the descriptions: Santiago Rio de Janeiro Salvador In the charts: Santiagu Rio de...
Sep 06 Cernel Generally, I much prefer applying the exact same convention for all cases. This is the reason why I suggested U.S.A. instead of USA, so that you d...
Sep 06 Cernel But I also like that we used the "." only for the cardinals. Thus I tend to think that my favourite solution would be like: Northe...
Sep 07 redrum @Cernel - I'd prefer to go with Northeast USA (no spaces or periods). I just think it looks much cleaner and USA is common enough. The spaces just...
Sep 07 Cernel Ok, so I guess "Rio de Janeiro" over "Rio De Janeiro" as well? Side note, the Palau are an example of how difficult can be ...
Sep 07 redrum @Cernel - I'd prefer to go with Peleliu as its just a much more recognizable name. So many of these Pacific islands aren't recognizable by most fo...
Sep 07 Cernel Me neither. Was surprised to see it was so important. Ok for Peleliu, since we have Tobruk instead of Benghazi (Benghazi was much more important).
5:58am Cernel http://www.britannica.com/place/Babelthuap Says that the island is either called: -Babelthuap -Babeldaob -Baberudaobu To -Arrecifos Du...
9:28am Cernel Candidate list: Scottland:Scotland N.Ire:Northern Ireland S.Ire:Munster Ire:Dublin Normandy:Brittany Le Havre:Normandy* Lille:Picardy Ve...
9:39am SB7944 Hi Folks, Sorry for the basic question... but I am unable to find this topic via search in the post. Why is there a "Heavy Tank" ico...
11:51am ice @ cernel have we had the discussion about the unit list yet? I think we should be standardising the basic units for all countrys, for example c...

There are two latest posts (Rand then redrum) missing here, and missing in Classic view all the same.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
Or you find a solution for the WAW thread, or I suggest we continue it via mail (should be little left) and, once you have uploaded the 2.1 in GitHub, you open a new thread presenting that right away (and reference and lock the old Sieg's one).
I've already done the 2.1; it is just a matter of me sending the pieces and then checking you updated correctly in GitHub.
Also, I see there is the factory_hit.png. I remember I corrected that to Factory_hit.png. I guess GitHub doesn't change images if only the case differs? You must be sure that they are all Factory_hit.png, in the new one.

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

The Red Baron
Yeah, the WAW thread is at 999. Perhaps it's time to start a new thread
"The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception." - Manfred von Richthofen

Re: new posts not always showing when clicking last page

Cernel
The only longer thread is the "AI Development Discussion", at 1200 posts (1199 replies) currently, and that one had issues since it went over about 1000, but you were and are always able to read the latest posts.
Instead, the latest posts of the "WORLD AT WAR" thread are now unreachable.
It seems like that having about over 1000 posts threads cause different problems to themselves and the rest of the forum, and only the biggest one amongst them remains fully readable.
To sum it up, it looks like that when you have one or more about over 1000 posts threads, the SourceForge forum has these issues:

- You cannot anymore go directly to the latest post of the about over 1000 posts threads (but you can for the other ones).
- All the threads except only the biggest one have new posts not showing up when clicking last page, if the last page would be made up of only a limited number of them.

The WORLD AT WAR topic is a 1000 posts topic but it is not the biggest topic, thus it appears to be affected by both the issues above at the same time, becoming actually potentially partially unreadable (currently, at 999 replies, you cannot read the 997, 998 and 999 ones, because you cannot go directly to them nor they show up in last page).

If noone is able to solve this problem otherwise, I request the admins applying a rule (explained in a stickied thread) that it is forbidden for any topics going over 999 replies, and when this happens all latest replies in excess are deleted and the topic is locked.

This would mean that, under the current conditions, an admin should:
- Delete all replies in the "AI Development Discussion" after the 999 one (which currently means deleting all the latest 200 replies).
- Lock the "AI Development Discussion" topic and open a "AI Development Discussion (2)" topic, referencing to the first one.
- Lock the "WORLD AT WAR" topic and open a "WORLD AT WAR (2)" topic, referencing to the first one.

Of course, moving the excessive posts to the new thread would be better than deleting them, if possible, but it has to be done, if not.