isAirTransportable = canBlitz

panguitch
I've spent half an hour tinkering with the hero and leader units in the new Greyhawk Wars map, trying to figure out why they can blitz at times when they're not supposed to (through certain terrain types). I removed option lines from their xml one at a time until isolating it to isAirTransportable. Then I searched the forums, only to find this has already been discovered (should have searched first, tinkered second!)

Veqryn wrote
It seems that any land unit with 2 or more movement, that is also either 'isInfantry' or 'isAirTransportable', automatically is not checked for blitzing.  Probably because the original coder thought they were being land-mech-transported or air transported over those territories.
(post)
I'm wondering if there's any chance of this being revisited. It basically means that any air-transportable unit automatically can blitz through any territory, even if lacks canBlitz and isn't being airlifted.

Greyhawk Wars
TripleA in the original Dungeons & Dragons world

Re: isAirTransportable = canBlitz

Frostion
Uhh … you are right! I just tested this on my upcoming ”Dragon War” map. My three hero type units can blitz territories that the other multi-mover blitz units cannot. The hero units are all isAirTransportable.

It would be great if this got a fix at some point. Even though we might be the only two map makers with this little problem atm.

Re: isAirTransportable = canBlitz

frigoref
Does this issue still exist?

Re: isAirTransportable = canBlitz

panguitch
Yes, it still exists. Just tested again in 1.9.0.0.1627 To recreate an example related to mechanized infantry:
  • Edit the POS2 xml to give infantry and artillery movement=2
  • Then launch a game and as Russia, edit out the German troops in West Russia and Belorussia.
  • You will now see that not only can the armour blitz from Caucus over West Russia to Belorussia, but so can the infantry. But not the artillery. This is because of "isInfantry"
To recreate an example related to air transportables:
  • Launch the game as above.
  • Now not only can the infantry blitz, but the artillery can also.
So any unit with 2+ movement can always blitz, if it has isinfantry, or if it has isairtransportable and that nation has the paratrooper tech. This is regardless of the canBlitz unit attachment, and regardless of whether terrain restrictions should prevent blitz (which can be seen by heroes blitzing all terrains in Greyhawk Wars).

Greyhawk Wars
TripleA in the original Dungeons & Dragons world

Re: isAirTransportable = canBlitz

frigoref
Thx, was able to reproduce it and could create a unit test for this scenario that I can work on now. I'll keep you posted ...

Re: isAirTransportable = canBlitz

aaalafayette
Administrator
This seem fixed. Pls follow up in: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/444, not here.