i want change british product rules for WWII v3

i want change british product rules for WWII v3

Navalland
i wish; britain can put unit all territores without factory; only depends territory values for put units;

can i take these codes?

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

GhostWriter
are you asking to start the game with those units, or are you asking to be able to build units on all territories during the game?

if i understand the game correctly, you can start the game with units on all territories by editing the XML file to add units to the map for the start of the game. also, you can edit the XML file to add a factory to each territory which would allow you to build according to the territory value each turn.

i don't know any other way to accomplish your request.

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

Navalland
able to build units all territories (except new conquered territories).

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

GhostWriter
 OK, game in progress production at each owned territory.

the FIRST thing to do is to make a backup copy of the WWII v3 map - so you don't lose the original starting "position".

as i use Ubuntu, i will give instructions as if you have Ubuntu, as well. i do this as i think that the location of the "Maps" is the same as on other systems. if this is not so, then you will need to locate your map folder. ! ! also, other users on the other systems can chime in with the info you need.

my classic 3rd edition map is at: home/tripleA/maps/World War II Classic.zip/Classic_3rd_Edition.XML

the MOST important step is to make a copy of the (read that, ANY map you alter,) classic 3rd edition map/XML file.

OK, i was not able to make a copy - but my son was able to do so. the bottom line is that he made two copies and named one of them "World War II Classic 3rd Ed MOD UK all FA". the other copy was named, "World War II Classic 3rd Ed Original." this actually gives me two original copies of the 3rd Edition map, and both of them show up in the game list. his time is limited, so i take what i can, when i can.

please let me know when you have at least one backup of the 3rd Edition. meanwhile, i will work on the code. {as i really don't understand the XML stuff, all i do is copy and paste what is in other parts of the file, or from other files.}

for example, to add a FA to a territory, i just copy a FA line from another territory and adjust the data to the current territory. with FA, it is important to not exceed the FA limit for a territory. also, unless i want to have the new FA have the property of original FA, i don't copy the line that gives that ability to the FA.

IT IS CRITICAL that the FA owner matches the territory owner. not the same = zero production at that location, by anyone.

if i want to add an additional infantry to a territory that already has one, i just increment the quantity to the next higher number, or more if i want more than one additional unit. as a general rule, this works without any errors. you can even add units that belong to an ally to a territory. my favorite is to add one to three American infantry to the UK home territory and/or one to three German infantry to Japan or vice versa.

hmmm. if this gives you enough info to complete your project, then let me know. meanwhile, i will work on it tomorrow after work and also test it to see that it works on my computer.

cheers, GhostWriter

edit one: added the line that starts with "IT IS..."

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

GhostWriter
OK, here is what i have done. not a lot, but between the flu/(other bad stuff?) and a computer that is acting up, it will remain a work in progress.

anyway, i tried to edit into the XML file the FA for each UK territory and each adjacent territory - including the axis territories. in the event, i missed all the neutral territories and most of the owned territories that did not have units in them. but, the Japanese do have a FA in each of their territories.

i set the non-UK players to hard AI, and started the game. lets just say that the UK is not going to win this game, but at least i got my feet wet.

one issue with this set up is that the AI can, and will, build on those additional FA that are available.

remember the statement above that i am aware of no other way to build on a territory than having a FA in place on it when you capture the territory? [last statement of my first post in this thread.] that still is my situation. anyone else have another idea?

this said, after my computer returns from the "shop" [it goes in on Tuesday Feb 16,] i will return to this issue as best as i can. take care, my friend.

GhostWriter

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

Navalland
i can change british product rules but i cant add limit; also i dont know english, but thanks for writes,

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

GhostWriter
you are welcome for the writes.

OK, i have my computer back from the shop. i had ordered a triple boot setup - Ubuntu, Win7, and WinXP. my son (my in-house geek) took the computer to the shop and allowed them to make the triple boot optional - without telling me.

so, the shop could not or would not put Ubuntu on the "new" system (i replaced a failing 250 gig HD with a new 2 TB hard drive.) it appears that the Ubuntu data on both the old 250 gig HD and the old 2 TB hard drive were wiped. anyway, all i have ATM is a Win10 system [64-bit - upgraded from the old Win7 32-bit OS].

the bottom line is that without Ubuntu i don't have access to my TripleA games for this, and other, tests.

i have TripleA on this new system, but have lost all mods and games from before.

my apologies. GhostWriter

Re: i want change british product rules for WWII v3

GhostWriter
Navalland: i can change British product rules but i can't add limit...

OK, i am a lot better - i think only three more surgeries to go. would you like me to try to implement unlimited production (only possible in originally owned territories - so far as i know) on my Win 10 system and share the code with you?