failing tests

Sean Bridges
Administrator
I checked out the code and run the tests, and we have 4 failures.

To run the tests in eclipse, right click on the AllTests class, and select "run as unit test"

With a project this big, and with so many rules and variants, and combinations, it will be nearly impossible to get something stable without a good test suite.

From the tests, it looks like you can move enemy units, and you can't load troops onto an allied transport.

Re: failing tests

squid_daddy
this is evil kev trying to move scrambled planes in enemy phases

private PlayerID getUnitOwner(Collection<Unit> units)
    {
        if (!units.isEmpty()) <- edit mode check was removed.
            return units.iterator().next().getOwner();
        else
            return m_player;
    }

kev, instead why don't you bypass the owner check in move validator if the units have scrambled.
assume you track that somehow?

Re: failing tests

Wisconsin,
I committed your patch, but you were missing a test.  After applying your patch, the source had errors in it because you changed the validation arguments to include machash.
So i updated the test to take a null machash so that there wouldn't be errors in the code,
However, this test is incomplete until you make it take the appropriate variables.

So can you email me the updated LobbyLoginValidatorTest.java please?

thanks,

Re: failing tests

Wisconsin
Done.

Re: failing tests

squid_daddy
has this been fixed? i'm seeing a lot of compile errors in the test suite

Re: failing tests

i have no errors in my svn/eclipse, and never had any.... not sure what you are talking about....

are you actually running the individual tests?  if so, I can't comment, because I dont' know how to run the individual tests....

Re: failing tests

squid_daddy
oops yep sorry my bad, had messed up controlling the versions of some of my shit.

Re: failing tests

I think I have the moving during enemy turn figured out.  I don't remember if I checked it in or not as the whole family has had the plague.  Or at least it feels like it.  Anyway I'm ready to get back in the saddle.  I have a business trip coming up that should prove a good time to do some development.  Those boring hours in the hotel room will be put to good use!  I see you two have been doing some good work.  I'm anxious to have a look.