eliminate 'You can only add comments during your turn'

jay

eliminate 'You can only add comments during your turn'

jay
playing PBEM, right now I am waiting for scramble in Global 1940, but can't add comment so that opponent can see I am waiting for their scramble.

Re: eliminate 'You can only add comments during your turn'

PBEM?

Your opponent would not see the comment anyway, because he doesn't have the savegame.

In PBEM, you need to email the game (or post it to the forum) every time you need your opponent's input.

To do so, click "file" then "post gamesave", and it will get send to the opponent.  They will then open it, make their choices, and send it back to you.  That is how PBEM works.
Jay

Re: eliminate 'You can only add comments during your turn'

Jay
Sorry I was not clear. While it was waiting for scramble, I wanted to add in my comment (which currently is preventing me); save then click "file" then "post gamesave". That way in the email and forum post, it will displays the comment in the body (as part of the game history text). So the person, without opening the game, knows I am waiting for their input.

Right now I have to send another manual email (or manually reply to the forum), to say what I am waiting for. As currently all they see from the email is not their turn (or end of turn), so no action is required from them (so they believe) and no need to even open the attached saved game...

However, I now realize what i am requesting is not ideal. I will post a different topic to request a 'attention line' inserted into PBEM/PBF.