domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Moltke257
playing as the ottomans, you dont get a "diplomacy" phase of movement and im on turn 4 and no declarations have auto popped

so am I just missing where the button is?

I looked into the map notes and couldn't find it in their

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Navalland
need german-ottoman agreement in round 1. Ottomans can join war in round 2 automatic.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Bevan
Hi,

The AI sucks and did not use any of their politics options. I wish that you would change it so that its automatic. Ottos will automatically join at round 2 or so.

For e.g. Italy is given the choice of joining at round 3, but could wait until further rounds before deciding.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Cernel
As far as I know, Navalland is not anymore interested in this map and he also requested it to be removed from TripleA.

As far as I know, the AI was never meant to actually support politics in general (I know it is terrible at handling FFA with politics), but only to specifically use it for WWII Global.

I think you should just never play with AI any maps having politics, aside only from WWII Global.

Maybe giving the mapmakers the possibility to make AI not selectable would be a good idea, when a map is meant never to be played with AI (you can't expect all users to know what the AI is supposed to handle and what not).

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

You can also just load up the game as the AI player and declare war for them then save. Then load it back up after war is declared.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Bevan
redrum, I did that repeatedly.

Greece and Romania joining the Allies was a joke, they just get conquered and provide income to the enemy. If it is a choice, simply don't let them join.

Germans have enough troops on the Western Front to take Paris in 3 turns. Its not the fault of the AI as they did right. Germany only as Hard(AI) cannot take it out, instead they massed soldiers at the Russian border.
They also have enough navy power to delay the British to land for 2 rounds.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Navalland
My map is very bad,garbage, i want delete it, no balance, no funny, no strategic options etc.

I advice to domination 1914 no mans land. But you need give to some advantages (bid, special rules etc) to central.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

Bevan
Hi,
I like this map quite a lot. Not too many WW1 maps out there (the great war was quite ugly)
It will be good if you just update some minor issues so that it is playable.

There are conscripts (1/1/1), regular infantry(1/2/1) and Stromtroopers (2/2/1) but they cost the same. Italy and Austrians have conscript only. They can fight each other on equal footing but cannot fight against the major powers. You can make the conscripts cost 2 PU instead???

An interesting note, as Russians you should just lose to the Communists. I fought and killed them, but end up giving a lot of territories to the Centrals. This cause a huge stalemate which i think can take many rounds to solve.

Re: domination 1914 blood and steel, cant declare war?

I don't like either, but I personally think that BaS is significantly better than NML.

I think the biggest problem of BaS are the units rosters. I suggest redoing them from scratch, removing conscripts and having the same frontiers for everyone.

My suggestions

Unit att def mov cost
Infantry 1 3 1 4
Elite 2 3 1 5
Machine-Guns 1 4 1 5
Artillery 3 3 1 6 -gives +1 att/def to 2 Inf or Eli
Cavalry 4 4 2 8
Fighter 1 2 2 12 -gives +1 att/def to infinite allied Artillery -gives -1 def to infinite enemy Inf or Eli

Just some imputs.

To make sense for the above infinite supports (representing air domination) you should have air battles air vs air. I suggest having air battles done via AA shot, meaning Fighter vs Fighter before each round of combat; I suggest att 1 and def 2 here too.

Combat power of air needs to stay low, to avoid being too good for sea battles, and also sea units should be very cheap, to make them much better than air for sea battles (air should be very cost inefficient and wasteful for sea battles).
History plays dice