creating unit image

Heinz Guderian
Maybe an old question, I was trying to make an unit image.  The only problem I have how do I get rid of the square around the image.  Can you do it with paint or do you need another program?

Re: creating unit image

crazygerman
You need to make the background transparent, which im fairly sure paint cannot due.

There are some free photo editors out there that can do it. Gimp 2 is one of them
I cant code Java, but ill provide moral support :)

Re: creating unit image

Wisconsin
You need a different program, like Paint.NET or Gimp. Even with them, though, you won't be able to use the  unit images you've made with Paint, because that black background behind it can't be removed. (As far as I know, maybe someone's made some sort of program for that...)

Re: creating unit image

Heinz Guderian
Thanks for the reactions, tried something with paint-net.  See the result

Re: creating unit image

sneakingcoward
you a png editor with layers.