combat support

Re: combat support

done,
and i haven't seen it since the small fix.

thx,

ps:
did you get my email?
i had a question on some things, and also we added you as a dev.

Re: combat support

grizzly
This post was updated on .
I copied and pasted your code exactly how it was posted. I double checked and their is a player named "Russians" exactly. But i still get the error message...

Could not parse:C:\Users\Grizzly\triplea\maps\stompinggrounds\games\ww2v2.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: No setter for attachment option. Setter:player Class:games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitSupportAttachment
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1252)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1186)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:131)

I downloaded the prerelease again this morning so i know its the newest version.
When i delete this line
<option name="player" value="Russians"/>
the error message goes away but no support effects occur.

Im creating a map, and the whole idea is based on multiple support abilities.
I know the priority right now is europe and pacific 1940, but these support charateristics have so much potential to add variety to games.
Any help is much appreciated :)
Just my 2 cents...

Re: combat support

Eschelon
A couple of questions about this.

Has this been implemented yet?

If so, is this something you can code into your map/scenario .xml, or is it coded elsewhere?

The reason I ask is that I'm working on an ancient scenario, and I want to encourage the use of combined arms, i.e. infantry with archers/missileers and cavalry for the 'trifecta' bonus.  Missile bonuses are done easily enough through artillery bonuses, but combining cavalry with infantry, I'm not seeing a tag for currently.

This would also apply to a 'Fortress America' style scenario, where there is a combat bonus if air, armor, and infantry units attack together.

In my case, I'm thinking the infantry provides the cavalry with a bonus when used together (the infantry forces the enemy to face them, exposing the flanks to cavalry attacks), but there are a number of arguments both ways.  I'd probably be using a D10 for combat, as stacking a +2 on a D6 value is pretty significant.

I'd appreciate a clarification on this!

Re: combat support

Pulicat
You can have Unit A provide +X support to the attack of Unit B, and +Y to the defense of Unit B. X and Y do not have to be 1. X and Y do not have to be the same. X and Y can also be negative. Unit A can affect as many Unit Bs you want, and not just on a one to one basis. If you want one archer being able to increase the attack of 10 infantry by +3, go ahead.

Look at "generals" and "entrenchments" "fortifications" in Civil War mod for examples of different support options, or look at Pact of Steel 2 for a more detailed tutorial in the XML comments.

puli
how now brown cow?
123