aa50

kendric
We need to post the goals for aa50 that commrade is working on so we can post bugs for missing features, rather then post bugs for things that just aren't planned at this time. The 2 things I found so far are the new strat bombing rules are not in place and transports are not taken last as casualties. I stopped there because I didn't want to waste a bunch of time reporting things that were just not yet planned.

Re: aa50

I just fixed the transport rules today, and I wasn't aware that strat bombing was broken.  I'll take a look at it!
Kev

Re: aa50

Seidelin
Here I post the bugs, that I have reported to comradekev after tripleadev went offline, and the status of the bug.

1-5. Troops didn't move with transport.
[Fixed in 2252]

6. Naval bombardment casualties should be allowed to fire back.
[Known issue]

7. Amount of bombarding ships should be limited to the amount of troops
landing.
[Known issue]

[s]8. Submarines should only have sneak attack in the first round of naval
combat.[/s] (Oops my mistake, didn't read the errata closely enough - This
is NOT a bug)
[Nothing to fix]

9. Transports should not be allowed to be taken as casualties until all
other possible ships are removed (for the alpha players can agree to do this
themselves, if it is difficult to implement).
[Fixed in SVN2251/2252]

10. Submarines should have the possibility to submerge before any shots are
fired, if no destroyer is present.
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1125792

11. Fighter/carrier total movement miscalculates.
Steps to reproduce:
a1. Move carrier and 2 fighters 2 SZ's (e.g. Japans carrier+2 fighters in
SZ61 to SZ37(burma)).
a2. Try moving/attacking with same fighters in the next SZ (fleet at India).
This is not permitted=>bug.
More on the same issue:
b1. Try moving the carrier by it self first (e.g. carrier from SZ61 to SZ37)
b2. Then move the fighters to attack (from SZ61 to SZ35(India)). Only one(!)
of the fighters is allowed to attack ???
[Partially fixed in 2251/2252]

12. Liberating territories doesn't return ownership to original owner. (In
my test Germans took Karelia on turn one, and UK liberated it, and it became
UK owned territory.)
[Not fixed yet (2252)]

13. AAguns casualties are not for the attacker to choose.
current situation: Attack with 4 bombers + 4 fighters, defending AA scores
e.g. 2 hits out of 8 rolls. Attacker is asked to choose casualties.
It should be 4 rolls vs. bombers, and 4 rolls vs. fighters. (I think this is
also handled wrong in revised.)
See AA50 manual page 25.

14. combat casualty issue (new in 2252). Casualty selector doesn't work, affects both naval/land battles.

Re: aa50

Seidelin
The new strat bombing rules seems to work fine here, except, that the limit should be to the total damage, not damage per turn.

Re: aa50

kendric
When I tried it this weekend, after bombing for like 4, it said russia loses 4 IPCs or whatever. I didn't see any counters or anything for damage.

Re: aa50

Hobbes__
Hello again,

Is there a link to get the alpha? I could give a hand with bug detection.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, just read the other topic on the Mods section.

Re: aa50

kendric
No. You have to download the sourcecode and compile\run it. It takes a bit of knowledge about java.

Re: aa50

kendric
I retested the transports and they seem to work correctly. The strat bombing works right also. Its just that message that is misleading, saying it cost you 4. Perhaps it can say added 4 damage counters or something.

Re: aa50

Seidelin
The amount of bugs have declined rapidly, but there is a few details still missing.
The strat bombing is working, except that the IPC's for the repairs are not subtracted for the repairs. (Should be a simple fix, I guess.)
Also the SBR damage limit to twice the production of the territory is currently upheld per attack, rather than as a limit to total damage, as it should be.

Also missing is the option to submerge submarines before any combat takes place (when no enemy destroyers are present, of course).

Furthermore the game is forcefully ended when (not adjustable) victory conditions are satisfied after US turn.

The last missing feature to my knowledge is the option to retreat from a combined overland and seaborne land units attack, where land based units and airplanes should be allowed to retreat.

All the available techs seem to work as intended, and the same goes for National Objectives, and all the other rule tweaks, the game is definitely playable as it stands right now.

Re: aa50

Schlomoe99
That's splended news! Thanks for your hard work and we can't wait for the general release!

Re: aa50

kendric
I tested one of the NOs and it looked like it was working. However there is no information to the user to tell him it worked. I would be happy to add a popup that summarizes the NO income if you want some help. Just let me know and throw a few class names my way that are relevant and I can figure out the rest.

Re: aa50

Seidelin
The fulfillment of National Objectives is shown in history. Just like the regular collected income. I don't think a popup is needed.

Re: aa50

kendric
Hmm. That is ok i guess. My only concern is income is a really simple concept. Money is a sum of territories, its so simple that people implicitly trust it and don't check. Heck I don't think I have ever looked to make sure i got my income. The NO process however is something new and something that due to user error(example conquering the wrong country) you could not get it, and if you don't check you wouldn't know. Perhaps we can come up with a good idea to show this without the method of showing becoming annoying.

Re: aa50

seidelin wrote
[...]

MANY, MANY, MANY thanks to Seidelin!

I had to rework the repair code from scratch, but it looks to be working now.  I'll take a look at the SBR limits and sub rules.  The code is in place for those, and so it'll be a quick tweak to handle.

I wasn't able to recreate the end-game issue.  If I can't recreate it, I might have to release the game and let folks report the conditions that caused it.  On that note, I haven't added any code to handle the Victory City conditions for causing an end-game.  I know where it belongs, and I'm pretty sure that's not the cause of the issue.  I'm probably going to make that an optional rule (defaulted to active).

The combined land/amphibious force retreat rules aren't implemented at all yet.  I'm guessing I'll probably do that as a post-alpha fix.

Just a couple of more days folks and we'll have something ready.  Thank you all for your patience!

Kev

Re: aa50

Quick update.  I fixed the issues mentioned above.  The only things I can think of that are still existing are combined amphibious retreats, AA hit distribution vs- fighters/bombers(existing bug) , captured AA ownership(existing bug), carry-over of non-placed units, and perhaps some quirks in the fighter/carrier rules.

All of those are items I plan on attacking after the alpha is released as well as some niceties like maybe warnings when you try to bomb a maxed out factory, NO notifications, etc...

Coming soon!
Kev

Re: aa50

questioneer
Hi, just wondering if you added optional rules listed by Larry Harris in the new updated FAQs.   The first was about SBRs- escort fighters and the second was about closing the Black Sea- both are optional and key to the game.  Also, the Chinese troops AND fighter cannot leave China proper for any reason (Kwangtung, Kiang, Manchuria are OK)

Thanks

Re: aa50

kendric
I noticed it was letting my bomber from west usa fly 8 squares.... Start a game, get to usa turn and try to fly it deep into russia. No tech were purchased

Re: aa50

kendric
I also just noticed that during german turn, I could move italian troops in a country that had both. Not sure if its relevant, but in this situation, the all button is not there. As in select all troops to move.

Re: aa50

kendric
Another thing, the battle simulator takes a very long time to compute now.

Re: aa50

kendric
OK this is wierd. A dice roller popuped that let me pick my dice roll. I haven't seen that before. It was like i had some sort of testing mode enabled. Was just during one of many attacks on a given turn. The other battles that turn did not do it. It was 2 inf and 1 bomb vs 1 infantry in case that matters. Germany attacking east balkans
123