a star trek mod?

vickcondor
I was thinking about this for a few days..but not sure how to go about it.(I am trying to work on a map edit)

Not sure how to edit or if I can edit the units to what I am thinking about doing.

my main idea is to have a small border type map.like a klingon and federation border battle.

I have designed a border line (neutral zone map) this map would have alot of squares and would allow for bigger square units..that would allow quicker direct paths to certain aeas.

as for the ships.. I am thinking a carrier type unit that can carry up to 4 infantry..the lowest would be a small attack vessel.the enterprise would carry 2 infantry units or carry 2 fighter units.

the neutral zone would have to have production units on certain planet or have starbases.

just thinking this out.

I have to say thanks to the triplea team and I really enjoy a&a.. and this is a dream program for me.I want to say from the bottom of my heart...thank you thank you thank you.

My thoughts are that this would be a TOS (the original series)

I would suggest that you could roll on certain issues.. like if you want to support a rebellion on a klingon planet... (like paying for repairs on a bombed factory)

a ship having away teams or marine attack teams...wouldn't be a total must..but you could also have a diplomatic team that has a high defense rate..to take a planet and try to hold it under a klingon attack forces.

the map would be a small space maze..as you can go quicker this way or safer that way...but designed around the basic neutral zone of star trek.

the ships could or would have the ability for multiple hits depending on the type.. from a dreadnaught to the smallest craft.

shuttles would be like fighters depending on type of shuttle.

create a starbase.. get the benefits..but sometimes you have to pay for it...

 I am open to suggestions...I am trying to get my map creator to work...but whats up with unit editing?

ok any input is welcomed..thanks triplea team.

Re: a star trek mod?

hepster
You'd have to add a Jim kirk unit!  Attacks Alien female units with a First Strike pelvis attack at 6 or less.

Re: a star trek mod?

vickcondor
how about a special research roll of Orion slave girls..they neutralize enemy away teams with their belly dancing.

Re: a star trek mod?

vickcondor
I am thinking more of a naval battle..with away teams.Between the federation and klingon border.

but anything is possible..maybe.

The special rolls in a&a.. you got jets and such..but change those to something like a prototype ship,tribble farm,klingon plague ship,increased warp speed,increased sensors(giving better damage)--a medical ship that can resupply hit points or repair ships.

I was thinking last night.. the type of ships you can have... dreadnaughts --3 types---and all the other types of ships..cruisers,destroyers,small class ships..star bases.

As depending on mining...you can agree to payment treaties..like the civil war mod..of getting a loan.You could hold and be allies with planets for a certain price.

right now I am trying to work the map out..I designed a map but I will try and get something going.

please add any info on unit design as well..suggestions needed

thanks

Re: a star trek mod?

Frostion
Nonamestoday started some work on a star trek mod. Maybe you can use some of this unfinished material? I really hope Star Trek comes to TripleA someday

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Star-Trek-Dominion-War-not-quite-finnished-td7586735.html