XML error message

Frostion
I am working on a new map and want to get the XML to work for the first time. But I am having trouble.

When I try to start the map, after placing its dir in downloadedMaps, I can open up TripleA (1.9.0.0.2994) with no problem. But if I chose “Select Map” then an error pops up, and the list of available maps does not include the new map.

Kan someone, just by looking at this error and its numbers, determine what is wrong with the XML and why it will not load?

XML-Error.txt

Re: XML error message

Cernel
It just means that you have a character somewhere that it is not allowed in the xml.

Sadly, it doesn't tell you where this character exactly is, but you can get the line number by using some xml readers.

Re: XML error message

One possibility is that you have a bad   "     Character, this happens sometimes if you use multiple word editors. For example if you took what I posted from excel, or used word, then moved the code to something like notepad, it might cause this.

Re: XML error message

OK, thanks.
I have now fixed the error I described above. It was a typograf thing. The territory name “Lake Michigan-Huron” was written with, not a minus / short hyphen, but with a long "talk stroke" (or whatever it is called). I have now replaced the – with – in all occurrences in all files. On this website the signs look the same, but they are actually not.

Now I just have to overcome the next startup errors.

Re: XML error message

crazy_german
Let us know what else can be helped with, I'm excited for this map