World War One-help and info

Pyngo
Hey,

I´m making a new world war one map at the moment. If the map is done, I´ll post it here.
But I need some unit pictures please. Has someone some good pictures fopr units?

Thanks!

Re: World War One-help and info

RogerCooper
Start with The Great War scenario that comes with the game. What specific pictures do you need?

Re: World War One-help and info

Killgore85
I believe Lebowski has a WW I version of NWO also.
"Don't worry little brother...there are more!"

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
Yes, Lebowski made another map of it too. I failed to install, so I started to make my own ;-)
I found some pictures made by U-Boat on his blog. http://uboat-aaa.blogspot.com/

The map will have a focus at europe itself, without US and afrika. There is only northern africa with Sinai.

Re: World War One-help and info

Killgore85
If I remember right, Lebowski's has some different unit pics/stats.  That's why I brought it up.

As far as getting it to run, if you are running the latest tripleA unstable version (v1.1) it probably just needs to be updated (unless somebody did it already).  To do that, open up the games xml file with notepad and replace all instances of IPCs with PUs.  Double check to make sure the file is saved correctly by closing it and reopening it because there are quirks to how notepad saves files.
"Don't worry little brother...there are more!"

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
Thanks!
I updated the "Great War-Ultimate" file now.
But the game doesnt show the great war map!!
What to do?

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
This post was updated on .
Hey once again.

<EDITED>

The original map solution is 10000*5549.
It will have a lot of players and I hope it will have a strategical depth.

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
The map is done...took me longer than expected

I was off some time and started again to work on the map.
So, here you can see the map:
WW1 map.

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
I´ll post from time to time some extra information to my map.
At first I´ll post the involved states of the scenario. (you may see them on the map :P )

Axis:
German Empire
Austria-Hungary
Ottoman Empire
Bulgaria

Allieds:
France
United Kingdom
Russian Empire
Greece
Serbia
Albania(may Neutral)
Montenegro
Italy
Romania
Belgium
USA-America
Portugal

Neutral:
Swiss
Spain
Norway
Sweden
Arabia-Persia (may Allieds)

In addition, I may want to add some extra rules...
One of these extra rules should be the following (for example):
The Swiss is neutral at the beginning of the game. If France(or another allied state) attacks a territory of Swiss, it will join the axis alliance, if Germany (or another axis state) attacks a territory of Swiss it will join the allieds alliance.
Any ideas? :)

Critic and anything else welcome!

Re: World War One-help and info

aaaaaa2011
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
This post was updated on .
I have to say, its a very very big map, with loads of territorys, maybe bigger than ultimate world:expanded!

For some people thats too big, for others its great to play on a very big map...
So, I hope everybody will have fun on this map.
It´s in progres, working on it continuous :)

UPDATE:
First preview of Albania and Motenegro!first preview done!

I´m open to any suggestions! :)

Re: World War One-help and info

Urko
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
'Sweat Saves Blood" Erwin Rommel

Re: World War One-help and info

Black Elk
Yeah, in the original game, putting Greece put under British control at the start of play was late-development, mainly for Balkans balance... but the timeline there was left intentionally loose. Some areas are more 1914-15, others more 1916-18 for example.

If making Greece attackable neutral, you might want to give the Brits a decent option to take it early on. Or else strengthen the Serbs so they can hold out against an Austrian/Turk rush.

Also, we usually use the shorthand CP = 'Central Powers' in the gamenotes, rather than Axis to keep with the WWI vibe :)

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
Hmm

Yeah, will change something in the alliances...
May changing it with the rules I wanted to make above? But how to?

Serbia needs something to hold out against the Central powers, that may will be hard.

I´m sorry, I cant say when my map is done...it´s a lot of hard work. But I´ll try to hurry up :)

UPDATE:
Units for all Central Powers done, may making some changes later.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
This post was updated on .
Oh yes!

I´ll include tanks into the game, but not for all nations.
But I don´t have any special thoughts about streght, power, extra rules...etc. I´ll care about that a bit later :P

UPDATE:

First image of Belgium and Netherlands. Others not done.
Any suggestions? Bigger territories?

Re: World War One-help and info

if that is belgium and neth then this map is going to be freaking huge, possibly bigger than the current biggest map 'domination'

Re: World War One-help and info

Pyngo
Veqryn wrote
if that is belgium and neth then this map is going to be freaking huge, possibly bigger than the current biggest map 'domination'
Oh yes   the map is going to be freaking huge...bigger than domination? hmm...

I think, its to big for people that like the "normal" scenarios. I may will make a smaller version after that. But at the moment I´m doing this one in the "bigger way" :P
Info: the pictures above are 1:1.
12345