World War II v5 and v6

Hobbes__
This post was updated on .
World War v5 is an update to the v4 scenario using the new AA rules and armor cost increased to 6, with a limited redesign of territories and SZs. Map is now stable and soon will be available as a regular download.

I'm looking for a volunteer to make skins for the maps since my graphic skills are quite limited. :)

World_War_II_v5_1.5.5.zip

World War II v6 will be a simplified version of v4, with less territories/SZs, reduced income and less starting units, with a starting date of 1941. First beta released.

World_War_II_v6_Beta_1.1.zip

Re: World War II v5

is this going to be the new Spring 1942 "version 2", or the new 1941 "easy" game?

Re: World War II v5

Why wouldn't you add the minimum version requirements into the XML prior to posting?

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
This post was updated on .
Because... I have no idea of what 'minimum version requirements into the XML' means? :)

V5 is Spring 1942 2nd edition, v6 the simplified 1941

Re: World War II v5

hepster
Then you haven't looked very hard.  The thread is stickied to this same forum!  In fact the thread is right above your thread!

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/All-new-maps-need-to-have-this-at-the-top-of-their-XML-tp7297601.html

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
Just tried to add it to the top of the .xml file but it keeps giving me an error. Can you post here exactly what I need to add to the .xml please?

Re: World War II v5

hepster
Just open up the POS XML and you will see how it is input on like the second or third line.

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
Got it, thanks.

I've updated the zipped file with several connection fixes.

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
First, I've replaced the v3 map with the v4 one because I rather prefer to stick to the v4 map for visual and gameplay. I've played two games and most of the major territory connections seem fixed although there probably still are one or two left out.

I'm thinking of adapting the new map to the quick 1941 version, so that both versions would be released at the same time.

However, I have a question: how do you get rid of the lines you need to add to the islands for the polygon grabber to recognize the sea zones?

Re: World War II v5

Timmay
Dude i love the map but i cant read the number of some of the units against the white map, how do i change the text color or the map color?

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
Just delete the reliefTiles folder from the /World War II v5 folder and that I'll do it. I'll remove the folder from the download.

Re: World War II v5

Timmay
sweet thanx bro

Re: World War II v5

Rolf Larsson
I really love the tendency. Easy and fast playing, still looks like some hours are needed to finish this map, although it looks easier than classic.

Why not something like this:

We now have custom dice!

Re: World War II v5

Hobbes__
LOL :D

Re: World War II v5

holy shit rolf,

that actually looks better than the maps that larry harris draws.....

Re: World War II v5 and v6

hobbes,

could you upload the image you used to make the base tiles?

that will be necessary to make the reliefs i think

Re: World War II v5 and v6

Hobbes__
This post was updated on .
Here you go:

v5baseTiles.png

I have a question: is it possible to include in the code the 2 optional rules missing so far from v4 and that are also present on v4? The optional rules are:
* No access to the Black Sea (SZ17 on v5)
* Fighters may intercept/escort bombing missions (it seems it is already implemented on Global but I'm looking for a way to switch it on/off)

Re: World War II v5 and v6

hepster
For the Black Sea you would simply need to remove the connections in the XML.

And for Escorting intercepting you'd have to create a different XML just for those features.  You should be able to have a option panel at the start of the game similar to T.W.W. Dec. 1941, but you'd have to look at the XML to adapt it for your particular use.

Re: World War II v5 and v6

Hobbes__
The Black Sea rule can be implemented by the players without any changes to the code, but removing the connections removes the option all together.

I'll look into T.T.W. to see how they made the escort rule. Thanks. :)

Re: World War II v5 and v6

hepster
You're not really looking for the escort rule (although those are in the game).

You're looking for how the options are set up.  The escort and intercept functions are unit attachments attached to the fighters themselves.  However you may be able to have a trigger that allows the first player in the game to either turn them on or off.