World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

aware of it, and I will fix this sometime soon

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

ronaldspiers
if UK_INDIA buys an aircraft carrier and positions planes in the ocean off of India so they might land them on said carrier, UK_INDIA loses the planes before it can place the carrier.

i assume this is because the planes get cleaned up during the place units phase of UK_EUROPE.

an easy workaround with edit, but thought you'd like to know if you don't already.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Lone Rebel
Yep, happened to me too today, see attached savegame, had to edit to place the planes

LONE-ua-uk4.tsvg

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

P@nther
SZ 30 and 31 are connected in the original map.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

wirkey
Hey veqryn,

we have found another error in the game.
You should be able to scramble against amphibious assaults, even if no sea combat is taking place and a single transport is conducting the assault.

See attached file, UK attack on Southern Italy

For reference:

Scramble:
Scrambling is a special movement that the defender can make at the end of the Combat Move phase. It must be done after all of the attacker’s combat movements have been completed and all attacks have been declared. The attacker may not change any combat movements or attacks after the defender has scrambled.
A quick reaction team of no more than 3 defending fighters and tactical bombers (strategic bombers can’t scramble) located on each island or coastal territory that has an operative air base can be scrambled to defend against attacks in the sea zones adjacent to those territories. These air units can be scrambled to help friendly units in adjacent sea zones that have come under attack.They can also be scrambled to resist amphibious assaults from adjacent sea zones, whether or not the territory being assaulted is the territory containing the air base. They may defend against the enemy ships conducting the amphibious assault even if friendly ships are not present.
http://harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149global_bug.tsvg

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

already fixed wirkey

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
hi Veqryn.

I noticed in different games that USA don't get the option to scramble from GUAM if he's getting attacked there.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Bung
Really Noll, read up two posts. :P

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
oh Bung I see, didn't know if it was related to the naval battle not occurring or not.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Lone Rebel
I know the convoy raiding rules have changed but, just so you know (if you don't already) something seems to be wrong with convoys (especially UK)

From what i saw, transports seems to act as warship and do damage convoys, plus, imo, some convoy zones still are under uk property even if all adjacent territories are under axis domain.

In this savegame, (UK turn 7) i should do 10 convoy damage to UK, but it turns out to be 12. I looked a lot, but all i can think of is that the AI consider Ciprus as productive territory, but it's just a guess.

Thanks for your time, and forgive me if this was already notified :)

LONE-usa-china-uk7.tsvg

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

wirkey
my guess is that it is calcing scotland double

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

also fixed already lone rebel

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Jeddan
For N.O.'s you have to edit/change currency to reflect completed ones, or is there an easier way I'm overlooking?

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Lone Rebel
What do you mean? From what I saw, all NO works fine...

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Jeddan
whenever i complete a National Objective it doesn't seem to change the pu production of the country. I am looking at the pu production on the stats screen so maybe it gets added in without showing up there.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

hepster
Yes,  the P.U.s will go straight in your current P.U. Total column at the end of your turn.

National objective income does not add to your total production total.  The Production total column only accounts for the physical territories you control.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Jeddan
ok, thanks.  i just wasnt paying attention i guess.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

hepster
N.P.

The only way to get an answer is to ask a question.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
Hi Veqryn.

Two things I noticed:

Chinese Fighter and Chinese troops should be able to move into Burma even if the UK didn't declare war.

USA (or any other country) shouldn't be able to upgrade a minorIC in Normandy or SouthFrance to a MajorIC. Only original territories can have Major ICs.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
Here's another:

Mongolia should activate even if Japan lose the battle in Amur. Just "attacking" Amur (or any other adjacent territory) is enough for Manchuria to activate.
123456