World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

MarkVIIIMarc
In my pre update version AI controlled China seems not only able to enjoy backing up land troops into the Himalayas but to enjoy it.  If I'm not mistaken they are building there as well.  Not a huge deal overall and great game.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

use Moore AI if you don't want that happening....

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Ripper1776
Question:  Where can Japan build a Major Industrial Complex?  I played one game as them and discovered you can't put one in Manchuria or Kiangsu, I'm guessing because they're originally Chinese.  But that only leaves Korea, which seems kinda limiting for them. Anyway, just curious

Richard

P.S.  Thanks for the fix to the Airfield/Rockets Veqryn, now I can play with Tech on! Yay!

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

gsh34
You can only build a major complex on your original territories.  One of the main reasons for this change was so that the US can't place a major in Norway if it captures it.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Received this java error running the newest version in 1.5.2(not the svn) using all Moore N Able AIs.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

already fixed for 1.5.2.1

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

And another new version out, to coincide with the release of TripleA 1.5.2.1 stable.

Global 1940 is now on version 2.6

fixes:
* Deleting connection between Timguska and Kazakhstan.
* Adding missing artwork for radar tech.
* Allowed Axis powers to declare war on Americans separately, and for Americans to declare war on each Axis power separately.
* Fixed Danish Straight to only require Denmark.
* Fixed Japanese National Objective for controlling India, Hawaii, New South Wales, and Western United States.
* Allowed Japan and ANZAC to take over friendly neutrals on European board.
* German objective for unit in Egypt now counts for 5 instead of 3 pus.
* Added missing art for Airfields with Rockets.

Please update right away!
thanks,

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
I don't know if it's already a known issue.

Bomber damage should be 1d6+2 in alpha+3.

The game still does 1d6 damages.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

I really wish someone had of told me that earlier Noll.

To make it do proper damage amounts, turn on the game option called "Low Luck for Bombing and Territory Damage"

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Lone Rebel
This post was updated on .
Hello, just want to notify that you missed an UK infantry in Egypt.

Oh, and also I'd like to drop many many many many thanks for making all that work to you all. Definitely THANK YOU

Proper presentation will be made shortly, now i'm in a kind of hurry (dog needs  ) later

Uhm, another thing i noticed this eve while briefly playtesting with a friend.

There is a graphical error on politcal screen, for germany\italy dow on russia. Germany or Italy are listed (with roundel) in the powers which will be delcared war upon, but it's a graphical problem only, war is not declared (tried only with germant to be honest)

Another thing, always in the political screen. Option for the jap to dow on every western power??? Good of hipotetical scenarios but...?

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

vcdechagn
I want to say thanks for this awesome map.

My son and I are having a great time playing it. We played through once on 2.4 and we're getting close on a 2.6 game to being done.

One issue I've noticed (my son is 9, so don't question his strategy too much ;)) is that when you bomb a factory and attack the same territory in the same turn, it tends to crash the map and corrupt the autosave. Not a big deal as the mantra for any PC software is save early and often, but not sure if this is something that can be corrected.

1. If you bomb first, the game crashes.
2. If you attack first, it says that combat must be resolved before attacking.

If this is something that's against the standard rules or well known, just disregard as my son and I are newbies at the Triple A version. We just enjoyed the board 1942 version so much that he got for his birthday, it caused me to investigate, leading me to Global 1940, which then led me to the exorbitant cost...then here :)

Again, thanks for a great alternative to the board game. My wife is not as happy as we are, but .... :)

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

hepster
Wives and TripleA.... oil and vinegar!

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

@ rebel,

I'll correct the missing uk infantry.
The roundels that are shown to the left of the "declare war" button show the nations that will be affected by the action.  Obviously Germany will be affected, in that it goes to war with russia, etc.

@ vcdechagn,

What the game is supposed to do is (per territory):
1. Force you to do all Bombing related things FIRST.
2. Then allow to do combat battle.
3. Not crash.

Last time I checked, this worked properly for me.  I'll check again.

(btw: there is no real reason to bomb and attack a territory..... since if you win the territory over, you now have a damaged factory there....)

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

vcdechagn
@Veqryn

Yeah, my son is 9. I explained that to him, but he actually had a pretty good reason. Here's more detail about the situation:

1. The defender was a recently (US Turn 8) liberated France, with a multinational force there. US and French (4 infantry that appear after liberation) land forces as well as a couple of UK planes, as these were allowed to land since the US liberated France.
2. The attacker and bomber was the Italians (Turn 8), who were unlikely to win against the forces there, but were softening up for Germany's attack. This is when the crash occurred.
3. Since French 8 comes before Germany 9, my son reasoned that any factory damage would be less pieces there for Germany to take out in Germany 9.

I really wish I had saved the turn....if you can't duplicate and are interested I can see if I can duplicate from a previous save.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

P@nther
Bombing in 3.9 is as follows:

Bombs Away
Strategic bombers roll a 1d6+2
Tactical bombers roll a 1d6

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Zim Xero
When playing against the AI, I wonder if it would help to fix totalled factories by one point... this might prompt the AI to re-bomb it and waste its bomber from other use.  I have been trying this on factories that I dont intend to defend well.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

eurofabio
Hey Veqryn, I think there are a little bug on the kamizake stuff. Looks like it is rolling the dice twice to each attack.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Noll
Hello Verqyn, after some intensive play sessions I noticed this problems (I will repeat well know problems too in order to make a list)

Bombing Raid

Tactical Bombers should not be able to bomb Industrial Complexes. They can only bomb Airbases and Naval Bases. They do 1d6 damages.

Strategic Bombers should bomb 1d6+2.

Convoy rules are a lot different now. I know that you already know it.

I think the map could be more enjoyable if you had the option to resize the map at 50% (to have a wider look at things) and preserve the aspect ratio. Maybe we can work on an alternative skin that fits the 50% resized version?

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Bung
I've been told that if Japan DoWs against UK/Anzac [in early rounds 1/2 if it matters], USA isn't getting a politics panel to go to war.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

P@nther
Administrator
Alpha 3 rules say:

"If... Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war on the UK or ANZAC, the United States may declare war on any or all Axis powers."
123456