World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

beelee,

stop using mediafire please

it is just 2 text files

upload them directly to your post,

and then when they change, just edit your post instead of making a new post

if it was a huge file, then sendspace is better

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Richard Dixon
I know the history tab now shows how many PUs where lost to convoy attacks, but could you please add a popup too, like there are for strategic and tactical bombing results and for war bonds amounts? Thanks for all your hard work on the game.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

loki17
One other suggestion.  When you scramble planes it is easy to accedentally not scramble even though you want to by clicking the wrong button.  Maybe have a pop-up that says are you sure you don't want to scramble?

For example I sometimes forget to click the number of planes I want to scramble and just click scramble...

thanks

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Richard Dixon
I was re-reading your instructions on page one of these posts, and there is an error in the Kamikaze section. You state that Kamikaze attacks can only be undertaken to defend against an amphibious assault, yet the Pacific 1940 2nd edition rulebook says they can be launched to defend against two situations: first, if Japanese naval units in a Kamikaze sea zone are being attacked by enemy naval vessels, or second, if an enemy launches an amphibious assault from a Kamikaze sea zone. Has the game been adjusted to reflect this? Thanks.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

The notes reflect this.  Please update your map and be sure you are reading the 2nd edition's game notes for global.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Richard Dixon
Right, my mistake, thanks. Another question; what is the "LHTR" option for bombers, and does having it checked in the game options alter the existing bomber rules when you begin a Global 1940 game?

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Global 1940 2nd Edition, version 3.8 is released

download it now!

changes from 3.7 to 3.8:

* Moved Politics phase to be after Purchase phase and before Combat Move phase.
* China can declare war on European Axis if they move into China's allowed movement range.
* ANZAC can now declare war on True Neutrals.
* Added the 1942 scenario.

changes from 3.6 to 3.7:

* fixed japanese national objective so that if germany/italy takes india and/or the other power centers in asia, that japan gets her money
* allowed rockets to gang up on infrastructure

Lastly, I wish to introduce 2 things that everyone may not know already exist within the TripleA engine:

1. Edit Move Units
To "Edit Move", you must first be in some movement phase.
Then turn on Edit Mode.
On the right side you see some tabs: "Action" tab, and "Edit" tab, and other tabs.
When you turn on edit mode, you switch automatically to the 'edit tab'.  However you can still perform 'actions' during edit mode, and edit mode changes those actions to reflect that you are in edit mode.
So now click on the "Action" tab, and then move the units just like you would normally.
Because you are in edit mode, the movement validation is turned off, so this allows you to basically move units where-ever you want, including moving enemy units, or even making an enemy attack, or loading transports, etc.

2. Game Comments (aka: a way to tell what fighter is on what carrier, among other things)
Click "View" menu, then select "Show Comment Log"
From there, you can type out and add comments to the game.  The comments will go into the History Panel, and be permanently added to the game save.
Things you could possibly use this for: telling your opponent which fighter is on which carrier, when you have a mixed-nation fleet.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Ryuzaki
I am still curious why a Alpha 2 version wasn't made

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

beelee
The 2nd edition is the latest version

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

Ryuzaki
Yet we have Alpha 3, First Edition, hell some modifications that aren't even official

I would love to see a Alpha 2 version, some national objectives on that are much better than ones on 2nd Edition

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

SharkAttack
On Japan turn 1 I built minor IC on Kiangsu, on japan turn 2 I purchased the upgrede to major IC, however it would not give me the option to deploy it during deploy new units phase, what am I missing, the country has a value of 3 or greater? It just sits in the produced units queue now, is there no where to use it? thanks for a reply.

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

P@nther
Korea is the only place for Japan to build a major IC or to upgrade to it.
Majors can only be built on originally controlled territories. In this case on territories with a Japanese symbol on it, with a value of minimum "3".

Re: World War II Global 1940 Alpha 3

straun
I play global 2nd eddition and get overrun errors ANY time I try to for example put a plane on france on turn 1..

or try to bomb england (examples) seems to be entirely with air unit issues.  I've removed and reinstalled both AA deleted all maps reinstalled..nothing seems to fix this and others don't seem to have the problem??