World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Hello everyone,

I have an idea for a 1929 scenerio in which I want to use the World

War II Map but the units mostly from Great War period such as

Artillery, Infantry, Cavalry, Half Track, Great War like type fighter(s)

and possibly tankettes.

If tech is to be used it would be for the World War II style tanks

and WW II style fighters, bomber(s) and Air Craft Carriers.

So basically a period in between the Great War and World War II.

Italy was trying to conquor Libya and the African nations up north

and Germany was trying to get over the firts World War but had

plans of buildning up its army.

The politics would be a good idea in this scenerio as Russia was

going through its own civil war and all of Europe was getting over

the first World War. But the beauty of this scenrio is that at any

moment there could be another outbreak of war. Maybe have

a "Free For All" Option for alliances.

I welcome any thoughts for my ideas as well as suggestions.

One other possible thing would be to tweak the World War II

Europe map to have Germany and Russia look like the NWO

Territories only. So Germany and Russia would have several

territories found in NWO, the other nations look good as is in my

opinion.

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Cathie
I see nobody has responded to my 1st post. SO I will clariy what I mean.

1. This map would start out in 1929 and each country Germany, Italy, Great Britian, France, Russia USA would start out with just the income they would get from their territoires not obtained from war time, so in a sense they would get income based on what they owned during the time frame of 1929.

2. Each country would start out with the same amount of infantry which would be minimum such as only 2.

3. Each country would start out with the same # of ships, subs, fighters etc.

No other units would be made at this point.

4. Each turn would be equal to 1 year like in the game Centurion Defender Of Rome.  So 11 turns later would be 1940 at which time all countries have been built up and ready for war, WWII. During this time each country can work on buildning up its armies or developing tech.

Tech would be WWII Tanks, Air Craft Carriers, Modern WW II Subs, and any other WW II era tech that was considered tech at the time such as bombers.

5. If before that time each country can declare war but all nations might not be ready for it.

By turn 13 or 14 Russia can declare war on Germany.

The available units during 1929 were
fighters (Great War Style)
Infantry
Artillery (Great War Style)
Cavalry
Trucks, or Half Track style looking units, machine guns on top of trucks or other vehicles war-like.
Subamarines
BattleShips
AA Guns
DD's

World War II Europe 1940 map would be great but Germany and Russian territories could be changed to look more liek those used in NWO with each territory worth 1 IPC to get the total found in the WWII Europe 1940 Map. Would enhance the Eastern Front more as it would be harder to conquor Russia as well as Germany where mostr of the focus would be in game play.

Politics would be almost the same as in Europe 1940.

No Harbors, Bombers, Airfields would be used.
Scrambles would be used as would other things from WWII Europe Map.

I need someone to help me make this happen. If anyone is interested please let me know. I think the building up of armies and tech would make for an interesting game scenerio before WWII happened. Also, maybe free for all and make alliances during the game before 1940 turn arrives. Germany could be allied with Russia for instance? Never know, but it puts endless possibiblites into play

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

eurofabio
So the game is free for all?

German + Bristish vs USA could happen? As Russia + British vs USA?

What are the conditions to win the game?

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Cathie
The conditions of the game would be to do what you think is right based on the resources/tech/armies available and to join factions, possibly the one that really occured.

But take for instance all nations would have the WWII units anyway, but that Germany or Great Britian had gotten the "bomber" before 1940 it might want to try and build them to bomb Russia. it's just a thought.

But more than likely you would be Axis or allies depending how the player(s) involved wanted to play out he game.

So the "Tech" wouldn't be really the kind of tech we use in Axis & Allies, instead it would be an improvement but the kind used during WWII. Italy for instance didn't have many post WW I fighters and or artillery that could comapre to Great Britian in the desert, their artillery couldn't shoot as far. So in this scenerio the WW II artillery would be a little more cost but would have better chance of hitting on die rolls.

Again, 1929 units more like WW I units and those getting close to 1940 more like WW II units.

conquor the European map would be the objective, like NWO but with a little less territories like the map in Europe 1940

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Zim Xero
If you make the map, and it has no bugs, and looks neat... it will endure.
If its fun to play, non-tedious, and balanced, it might be popular.

The game you suggest sounds like spending the first 5-10 rounds in build-up, tech, and diplomacy mode, after which there will be little interest in playing out the war unless it ends up balanced.  ie... it sounds fun for a play thru and for experimentation... but not a competitive game with todays available TripleA features.

That said, I hope you do make a map, I just think the one you describe will be difficult to make and may not be able to do all you want it to be.

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Your concerns are valid. I think that if aplayers played the way real life war was back then it would make sense for other countries with more power and might to attack other weaker countries.

The mind-set would be out of the norm with the outcome(s) differnet every time due to the armies and techs available to each given country. What can be controlled is that the USA and Germany would have more money to spend like it was in real life, that siad, it would make lesser countries like Italy interesting to play because of their limited income potental. But if a player were to be Italy and spend everything on tech and gotten bombers, not heavy bombers lets say they might be more challenging in that particular game.

By 1939 every country would have all the pre WW II techs that would be WW II tanks, artillery, AC Carriers, WW II subs, fighters etc.

Maybe use an 8 sided die if allowed to make up for the differnt yrs of war advancements.

exp. pre WW II artillery would be 2/2/1 - 8 sided
WW II Artillery because of longer ranges would be 3/2/1 - 8 sided

pre WW II fighter 3/3/2 - 8 sided
WW II fighter 3/4/4  8 - sided

just examples but can be modified. Just ideas for different outcomes of game play.

I envision ships moving around the sea zones unharmed and friendly like in the new Global AA version(s) and Great Britian sending sum ships to India and Africa. Would be cool if attacks were not common so soon in game play and politics played more into the game(s).

Thanks for your imput.

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
This post was updated on .
Was wondering if someone might know how to make the USA Flag like this one bigger like others below but clearer.

I have some flags here for this game I think might be interesting. Thanks.

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Germany

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Italy

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
France

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Great Britian

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
I like this Russian one but need to make it bigger and clearer.

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

why don't you use the ones in the "flags" folder of triplea?

they are all the same size and style

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Here you go.

If you need any others let me know.  I have a flag (@ 100 x 100) for every nation on Earth during the 1930s and 40s.

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

Penguins
Thank you Hepps. You know what I'm looking for with the nation's flags instead of the roundals.

If you know how to gut out the techs, harbors, airfields without too much time please let me know. I will try to work it out but I need someone to tell me exactly what needs to go out and what needs to stay etc.

Thanks again for your time.

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: World War II Europe & 1929 Scenerio

hepster
Penguins wrote
Thank you Hepps. You know what I'm looking for with the nation's flags instead of the roundals.
Yes, I have national flags as well as Military roundels for every nation.

Penguins wrote
If you know how to gut out the techs, harbors, airfields without too much time please let me know. I will try to work it out but I need someone to tell me exactly what needs to go out and what needs to stay etc.

Thanks again for your time.
Not quite sure what your asking here.