World War 2 v5 1942 Second Edition

World War 2 v5  1942 Second Edition

it has been finished

most work done by hobbes, and i just added all the art, decorations, and made corrections

download it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/maps/

this is a sequel to Spring 1942

Changes:
1. Several territories/SZs added or modified.
2. More initial starting units (including new Factories on Karelia and India).
3. Armor cost increased to 6 PUs.
4. AA Guns now cost 5 PUs and each can fire at a maximum of 3 planes, each plane being only fired upon once, and they can be combat casualties.
5. Factories now have their own AA to defend during strategic bombing.
6. Honolulu is now a Victory City.

screenshot:

Re: World War 2 v5 1942 Second Edition

Hobbes__
Veqryn, there's a mistake: SZ30 and SZ32 are not supposed to be connected. I've edited the baseTiles and reliefTiles and the game .xml but I can't seem to be able to run Map Maker for the polygons despite my efforts.

I've already edited both the base and relief .png files. I'm going to attach the Base Tiles png (the Relief is too big to attach) here to see if anyone can use the Polygon Grabber and the Tile and Relief Image Breakers to fix this.

Re: World War 2 v5 1942 Second Edition with SZ30 fixed

Hobbes__
Just discovered that TripleA now has the Map Editor incorporated. Yay! :)

Which means that I've fixed the SZ30 connecting with SZ32 issue. The .zip file below contains the corrected files.

Edit: SZ31-29 connection added

World_War_II_v5_Spring_1942_version_1.9.zip

Re: World War 2 v5 1942 Second Edition with SZ30 fixed

P@nther
Administrator
Hobbes, it looks like you missed

<connection t1="29 Sea Zone" t2="31 Sea Zone"/>

in your game.xml

Re: World War 2 v5 1942 Second Edition with SZ30 fixed

Hobbes__
Panther, thanks for the notice! Fixed that too.