What program do i use to draw a map

sunsfan1323
I have the map creater. I need to know how to make the picture of the map. What program should i use?

Re: What program do i use to draw a map

there will be 2 pictures of the map in the end

the first picture is called the baseTiles, it is a simple, black & white & ocean/blue colored map (only 3 colors, or you will have issues).  Also, it can't have any anti-aliasing (fuzzy borders) or else you will have issues with the map maker.
The purpose of this map is to use the map maker on it, to tell the map maker the territories, borders, etc.

the second picture is called the reliefTiles, and it is supposed to be what the map is going actually look like.  it should be good looking, beautiful, and can have all the art and colors you want.  it gets displayed on TOP of baseTiles, and is usually transparent enough to let the territory ownership colors show through.

Re: What program do i use to draw a map

U-boat
there are a lot of drawing programs you can use:

MS Paint (comes with windows)
Photoshop (expensive)
Gimp (free)
Paint.NET (free)

I prefer photoshop whenever I can, but Paint.NET on the PC is nice.