What happened to the A&A Wiki page

It's terribly ugly now.  What's up?  See here.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

U-boat
I noticed it too

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

RogerCooper
Wikia recently changed the skins to the new Monaco skin, which messed up a lot (especially the display of maps). Recently, the column structure was messed up (a known problem).

I cleaned the main page up, but the right column is still starting below the left column. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Despite the problems with main page, all the content is still there and expanding. Just click a random page and you might find something interesting.

For those who like over the board play, checkout the article AAG40_Balanced. This fixes the balance issues with the new version, as well as turning the Pacific into a lively theater of war. My local group has been playtesting it, and we have it working pretty well.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

RogerCooper
I fixed the column structure. The captions are not showing properly for the maps, but otherwise everything is OK.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

i have another question, but know that im not very fammiliar with the wiki page,

i recently downloaded the map bigworld historical 1939 but it isnt compatable with the new stable, isnt it better to only have working maps on there? or atleast sort them into noncompatable maps?

also a calling for the nekanets version of the bigworld map, does someone have it, and can someone convert it to the current lobby? it was the most played bigworld map at that time and also the most ballanced one. nwo made it dissapear but i would like to play it sometimes, and think some of the veterans aswel.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

RogerCooper
ice1 wrote
i have another question, but know that im not very fammiliar with the wiki page,

i recently downloaded the map bigworld historical 1939 but it isnt compatable with the new stable, isnt it better to only have working maps on there? or atleast sort them into noncompatable maps?

also a calling for the nekanets version of the bigworld map, does someone have it, and can someone convert it to the current lobby? it was the most played bigworld map at that time and also the most ballanced one. nwo made it dissapear but i would like to play it sometimes, and think some of the veterans aswel.

ice
Some of the maps were done with the old version of TripleA and need to be fixed. (The wiki existed before the major changes were made in TripleA). I have been converting them over. Let me know the exact Wiki page you had trouble with.

Nekha net can be found at http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/NekahNets_1939_3

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

hepster
Hay Roger I to tried to down load a mod "Hearts of Iron: Awakening the giant" and got the following error message.  I think there is no map file.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find file for map:Hearts of Iron
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getPaths(ResourceLoader.java:67)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getMapresourceLoader(ResourceLoader.java:33)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.internalSetMapDir(UIContext.java:189)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.setDefaltMapDir(UIContext.java:162)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleAFrame.<init>(TripleAFrame.java:196)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleA$1.run(TripleA.java:150)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find file for map:Hearts of Iron
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getPaths(ResourceLoader.java:67)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getMapresourceLoader(ResourceLoader.java:33)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.internalSetMapDir(UIContext.java:189)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.setDefaltMapDir(UIContext.java:162)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleAFrame.<init>(TripleAFrame.java:196)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleA$1.run(TripleA.java:150)

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

RogerCooper
hepster wrote
Hay Roger I to tried to down load a mod "Hearts of Iron: Awakening the giant" and got the following error message.  I think there is no map file.
I fixed it. The file needed to be renamed to Hearts_of_Iron.zip. You can download it again.

The web editor I use doesn't like spaces in file names.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

hepster
Nope, same problem.  One of the things I'm noticing is that there is no PROPERTIES file for the game when I download it.

Here's the new message

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find file for map:Hearts of Iron
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getPaths(ResourceLoader.java:67)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ResourceLoader.getMapresourceLoader(ResourceLoader.java:33)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.internalSetMapDir(UIContext.java:189)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.setDefaltMapDir(UIContext.java:162)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleAFrame.<init>(TripleAFrame.java:196)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleA$1.run(TripleA.java:150)

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

Karl-591-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

hepster
Thanks for your suggestion, but that page wasn't found either.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

RogerCooper
Try again, I has uploaded an old version of the file. The right one should be there now.

Re: What happened to the A&A Wiki page

Thanks Roger for fixing up the wikia!