What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

P@nther
Is it possible to specify the minimum required content of a game.xml to load the graphics only?

If yes:
Assuming the map has been correctly created with the map creator until to the point the game.xml has to be written. The territory/connection/owner definitions as well as the territory attachments have been already included into the xml. What else is necessary (or in existing xml can be left out) to just open the map (image) with TripleA and see if everything that has been created before is displayed correctly?

Or is it always the complete "game" that has to be included?

Re: What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

crazy_german
A map should run with only

centers
polygons
place
map.properties
flags

Re: What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

P@nther
Starting TripleA - how can I select this map, if no game.xml is present?

I thought a working xml-file in the games-subfolder would be mandatory.

And it is the minimum content of that xml-file that is of interest for me.

Thank you.

Re: What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

crazy_german
Sorry if I was unclear you definitely need an XML, you also probably want base tiles, even though it is possible to run without them.

Im not sure exactly what the minimum list for an XML is, if you run through one of the map creators it should give a working copy though. If you just want to make sure it loads, you probably only need 2 territories, 1 connection, 1 player, and 1 unit. You also want the production section, but I'm not sure what the minimum here would be.

The territory will need an attachment unless its water (so starting with all territories as water isn't a bad idea, if your goal is just to get the thing to load). The unit needs an attachment as well.

If the map creator doesn't produce a working copy, check if the territories have attachments (this is a common error, if you change nothing about a territory the creator won't write attachments for it). Usually it should make everything else correctly.

If it isn't doing it right, you can try to copy and paste everything from a working map. You would only need to change
mapName
info name
territorylist
connection
territoryattachments

Hope this is clear

Re: What are the minimum requirements for a game.xml?

P@nther
I will give it a try, herzlichen Dank!