Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Altherius
Hello all!

I will make the Westeros map including politics and all the important factions.
e.g. House Stark, House Lanniser, House Baratheon(Stannis/Renly), House Baratheon(Jeffrey), House Tyrell, House Arynn, and and and...
Including the Heroes of the Houses:
- The King in the North(Robb Stark)
- Ser Jeremy Lanniser
- and else
In depth feeling in the Game of Thrones as much as I can do.

Well the rest is playing and up to you...

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Sgt. Skleni
Will you add the dire wolves?

And how about the pirates?

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

eurofabio
Awesome news!

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Altherius
I know it is awesome the news but it will take quite some time to be finished.

I will do the map till it's fully finished.

I dont know but i guess it isn't finished before fall 2012.

So you have to wait till the release date is shown.

Sincerly

Altherius

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

ice
hi, nice to hear this and as im a big fan of GOT i hope you get a really nice map.

i also wanna warn u a bit that its not easy to make a popular new map these days looks like most people stick to what they know (including me)

my advice would be, dont make the map toooo big but also not too small, i think global/nwo would be a good size for any costum map. huge maps has always holding people back, and small maps is really hard for people not to get bored too fast.

also dont make the mechanics too complicated at first, this will hold people off. if you start simple and expand from that when u get a good playerbase is what i think is the smart thing to do.

anyhow goodluck

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Altherius
Well i guess. Perhaps, I am able to release at least an alpha of Westeros Map/mod...

Well i got also Essos (Targaryen) Daenerys with her 3 Dragons.
So fas I can tell...

The following factions are included in this map/mod:

- House Stark
- House Tully
- House Arryn
- House Greyjoy
- House Lannister
- House Tyrell
- House Baratheon/Lannister   (Joffrey Baratheon/Lannister)
- House Baratheon/Stannis
- House Baratheon/Renly
- House Martell
- House Targaryen
- The Night's Watch           <------- Weaker Faction with powerful defense at start

Some heroes will appear...

Featuring the King in the North - Robb Stark
The baby-like treated Robin Arryn XD
The King Slayer Jaime Lannister  >)
The greatest pussy in the world King Joffrey!
Et Los Chickas del Dothraki Daenerys Targaryen   <3

Creatures like
the Dire Wolves or the legendary Dragons ;)

Well and at the end the pillar of your army the STANDARD TROOPS:
- Archers
- Swordsmen
- Pikemen
- Knights
- Triboc
- Ships

------------------------------------------------  ALL HAIL TO KING JON !!! -----------------------------

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

hepster
I'd be more than happy to help with this project if you'd like.

I really like the idea of this.

Let me know and I would be more than willing to assist in any way possible.

Your idea is make this map free for all?

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Altherius
Well i guess i would need some help but only with the buttons and maybe the triggers (Politics).

Join triplea lobby i will be there as much as possible.

my nick is Altherius.

Re: Westeros Map/Mod announced!

Altherius
i guess i will do it with politics but with use politics editable.

Westeros Map/Mod temporally cancelled!

Altherius
The map is intact with some minor problems e.g. Dragonstone not selectable.

I have currently no time or nerves to continue this map/mod.

It's temporally cancelled now!

Cya then...

Altherius

Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

Altherius
It depends on the work of Hepster, I sent him the pre release files to fix some minor problems my editor does not support.

I guess that I can present you more news next weekend...

Till then

Sincerly Altherius

Re: Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

hepster
Altherius

I took a look at the game.

It looks like the problems you are having are based on some simple fixes to the base tiles.

That said,  I have to admit that I have no idea how you got this game to work in the first place.  The base tiles are filled with stuff that should have made it impossible to run through the map maker.

The problem you are having with the islands is that they need a line connecting them to some other line on the map.

Any territory must be connected to some other territory.  So if you add connecting lines then run it back through the polygon grabber, you should be fine.

That should solve the problems you are having with the unsetectable islands.

Re: Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

incorrect...

if the water territory surrounding the island ends with " Sea Zone", then it will work too

you will notice that ww2v3 has no lines to the islands

Re: Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

hepster
This was a suggestion to allow him to keep the name of the sea zone as it currently is.

But yes you can also do it with the "sea zone" name change.

Re: Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

Altherius
Hello my dear triplea-fans and  modders/mappers,

me and Hepster are looking for some ppl with in-depth knowledge of A Song of Ice and Fire.
And as well some who join us in our goal to form a GAME OF THRONES - TEAM that is working on this map.

Re: Westeros Map/Mod work continued?!

soulfein
hi guys,

I m nerd enough to answer all your questions regarding a song of fire and ice.

so ask away anything u need :)

gl with development

--- Official Game of Thrones Staff ---

Altherius
Altherius - lead staff
Hepster - substitute lead staff
soulfein - knowledge base staff
??? - knowledge base staff
eurofabio - xml script staff
thsw - graphics staff
??? - graphics staff
??? - public relations staff
Maquis - balancing/testing staff
??? - balancing/testing staff
??? - balancing/testing staff

will be edited by changes.

we start with the mod/map when the staff is filled at least with all knowledge base staff, xml script staff and graphics staff.

Re: --- Official Game of Thrones Staff ---

eurofabio
I can help with balance/test.

Re: --- Official Game of Thrones Staff ---

Maquis
im in too for balancing and testing
12