Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

King_in_the_North
Hey i think it would be really cool if i could play a game type set in George R.R. Martins world, centered around Westeros, with units from the fantasy world.

I dont know if theres already one such game out there if there is please link it to me :P

If theres not then i may try and create one myself. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

RogerCooper
The Game of Thrones boardgame Boardgamgeek Entry would be a good starting point for a TripleA game.

You could certainly make a TripleA scenario for it. The problem is that TripleA makes no allowance for shifting alliances. If you make a free-for-all game, units from the different houses will automatically fight if in the same area. You would probably need to create a series of scenarios with the same map & units, depicting different wars.

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

Edwin van der Wal
RogerCooper wrote
The problem is that TripleA makes no allowance for shifting alliances.
Actually the new (very) unstable svn version will allow this.

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

RogerCooper
Edwin van der Wal wrote
RogerCooper wrote
Tell me more. Under what conditions can alliances shift?

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

Edwin van der Wal
RogerCooper wrote
Edwin van der Wal wrote
RogerCooper wrote
The problem is that TripleA makes no allowance for shifting alliances.
Actually the new (very) unstable svn version will allow this.
Tell me more. Under what conditions can alliances shift?
Working:
First of all the concept of alliances is gone, now we talk about relationships between 2 players (nations) where you are either at war, neutral or allied with another player.
These relationships are set in the XML and can shift using conditions and triggers.

The XML is a bit more complex, in 1.3.2 and earlier you simply had to add Japan and Germany to Axis Alliance and add UK & US to Allies Alliance... Now you have to set War between Germany and UK, US and between Italy and UK US.. and have to set Allied between UK and US and between Japan and Germany.

Under development:
* Actual implementation of the Neutral state in the rest of the game (now only allied or war works well)
* Political Actions to have a player shift allegiances such as trying to declare war (now only state can shift due to conditions, such as @ turn 4, or when Germany occupies France UK-Germany go to war)
* more fine-grained relationships (such as: "Neutral, but does fire AA" "War but, can't invade home territories", "Allied but doesn't help defend at Sea")

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

RogerCooper
Very interesting. The tools will be available to deal with the early part of WW2.

Don't forget the possibility of gaining control of minor neutrals under certain conditions. It was significant in the world wars.

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

eurofabio
Any news about this map?

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

eurofabio
Anyone working on this map?

Now with politics working this map have great chance of success, I think.

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

RedJoe
Hey, Merry Christmas everyone.

I played TripleA away ago. I was about to purchase Hearts of Iron III but then I remembered this game so I decided to check the forums and stumbled across this. As someone who is currently reading Dance with Dragons, my mind has long since been sucked into Westeros.

Anyways, as a little Christmas gift, I present you with a map outline of Westeros that I made today. I plan on putting more work into it, but if other players want to use it to make the boundaries, feel free too. I was thinking about using the boundaries that the Game of Thrones board game uses, as suggest above, but maybe breaking it down even further into individual Sigils for each territory. Suggestions?

http://imgur.com/vXuVF

RedJoe

Re: Westeros Map? Game of Thrones..

Edwin van der Wal