War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

Ben10
I would like someone to make some Maps/Games for the War of 1812, The French and Indian War, and the American Revolution. I would attempt this myself, but I do not have the abilities or patience for the map maker, although I am willing to try if someone could assist with a few things. I think that the Nap. FFA and the Great Northern War could be used to get some of the units but I need help with some good maps, I love Triplea and I love playing the "other" games like the Civil War, Nap., etc such as I mentioned and not just the WWII based ones. I really enjoy these period's in history and I would really like to see some games that are turn based such as Triplea, put out something for the guys like me who enjoy playing them. Can anyone help with this? I am not a younger person who understands much about computers, and I would really like to see if one of the folks who have made these great games and maps and such will help an old man pass the time, and humor me with a War of 1812 game thanks.

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

RogerCooper
I sympathize with your situation. Creating a map from scratch takes more time that than everything else in a scenario combined (at least until map-maker is improved). However it is not that hard, especially if you keep the map small.

The maps here are not TripleA but they would be a useful starting point. No existing TripleA map would be suitable, as they exclude Canada or at the wrong scale.

If you can create an outline map, you can create a TripleA map. The members of this forum are always glad to help. You don't need to know how to program computers to create a scenario.

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

HuskerMike
One source would be Lux. Lux is the Risk counterpart to A&A. It is also Java. You have to buy the game. The company has only made 40-50 maps themselves. However, like TripleA, players can make and upload their own maps for distribution. Therefore, there are hundreds of maps now available, many maps on each war, campaign, and battle.

If you open the game and then go to the map maker, you can load a map and then take a screen capture.

Example: One of the American Revolution maps:

It might be a good place to start.

Mike
Go Big Red!

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

HuskerMike
Here is another American Revolution map from Lux one could use:

One could even cut & paste from different maps.
Go Big Red!

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

HuskerMike
Additionally, There is a Lux map for every single state. So, if one wanted more detail, one could piece those together, using as much detail as they wanted.

Example, the Nebraska map:

Go Big Red!

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

Ben10
Thank you for the assistance, I suppose I will have to try to create y own MOD if I really want to play these periods.

Re: War of 1812, French and Indian War, and American Revolution

Ben10
Thanks for the assistance, I wish one of the guys who are crazy good at doing this stuff would, as any attempt by me would be nowhere near as great in quality of play no doubt. I will just have to give it a go I suppose, thanks again.