WORLD AT WAR

Re: WORLD AT WAR

OnanTheBrBr
Heya sieg,

want to add congratulations for this map from my side.
I just read the comments, and seems you did a fine job again. Did not look at the map itself other than the picture you posted, cause it seems wise to me I leave you to the project - just like with TRS already.
Better to not wake sleeping dogs.

So thumbs up and looking forward to the 1.0 release.

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Swobo
Just a thought, and I know its not historically accurate, but to balance the gameplay in south america chile/lima could be controlled by an axis power or a victory city could be created in argentina and that could be controlled by the axis.  Argentina was somewhat fascist and was controlled by the military, and chile's army had been trained and equipped by the germans though neither joined the war until 1945, and when they did they joined the allies.  It might give the US some trouble, and would certainly make the gameplay interesting

Re: WORLD AT WAR

SB7944
Looking for some help. I installed the Map and Save game exactly as Rolf described. But I still get an error message.... I am dying to play this map! Please help. I am running Vista and the error I get is this...

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find file for map:=WORLD AT WAR=

Map seems to be there????

Re: WORLD AT WAR

beelee
go to your saved games folder it's next to maps it's in there

Re: WORLD AT WAR

SB7944
Oh, thanks but I figured it out. You need to rename the zip file once you move it into the "Maps" folder.... This is the greatest mod of all time!!!! Too bad the AI takes four hours to make a move if you put it on More enable.....

Re: WORLD AT WAR

beelee
sounds like a new ai is coming soon thanks to alot of hard work by veqryn wisconsin squid daddy and I imagine others thanks guys

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Hi seig,

some ballancing issues:

russia doesnt get in trouble in any game yet, and allot of people agree with me on this. i strongly suggest that you rethink 3 move units especialy trucks, if it was me, i would delete trucks and set halftracks to 6pu

another option is maybe make trucks reddot units?

also russias starting units should be decreased in the frontlines i think so that axis can have a little push into russia, before they are stopped.

other fronts look great i think

ice

oh and btw taking greenland neutral cost 3 pu for some reason

another btw :)  brit cruisers are the only one able to carry inf

ps3 hehe     the usa bigcarrier died after 1 shot, think it should be two hit right?

Re: WORLD AT WAR

lalapalooza
Sieg,

Great job on the map thus far, you sure know how to make maps that test the limits of human cognitive endurance!

I know its still in the balancing phase, but would it be possible to at some point have a more PBEM-friendly version of the map?

The turn order could be:
Germans - Russians - Italians - French - Yammamoto - Chinese - Hisachi - British - Anzac - Dutch - Finns - Romanians - Thai - Americans

I don't see too much of a problem here, as in the Pacific theatre that will not affect the turn order at all. In the European theatre it means that the Axis will have the potential for canopener moves with Finns and Romanians, but that already pretty much exists.

In any case, the minor axis powers seem to be pretty well isolated from one another, and the potential for Allied concerted movement will not really be affected.

Potentially there could also be a pairing of German-Italian and then Russian-French moves. I'm not sure about pairing Yammamoto and Hisachi, as I'm not sure about the dynamics with China. In any case, fewer e-mails for the minor power would be appreciated!

Again, thank you for the Christmas present!

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Edwin van der Wal
What are those 3 flags and a-f circles for below South America?

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Axisgeneral
Another suggestion I have is a waiting period before Russia/Japan begin fighting. As it is there is very little incentive for Japan to fight China hard since they pose no threat to Japan. Whereas Fighting Russia and taking their eastern factory is a game winner. Very unrealistic since the whole russian economy would not collapse with its loss. I would suggest a 4 round waiting period or removing the Kaask as a capitol.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

rockrobinoff
So I have played this a bunch now... even managed to complete a game of 1.1.2.

Enjoy very much how Africa works. It's a tense battle, or can be. I like very much all the canals in the south pacific - very tense with Thai can openers threatening to open up routes to western Australia for the Japanese navy.

I like very much the multiple captial system. Keeps France in the game, and forces UK to play a very delicate game if Japan goes hard for India.

Well done on the you cant be strong everywhere concept that is essential to A&A style games.

As for balance, I am guessing that there is still a serious allied advantage. Russia can pretty much handle the Finns, Romanians, and Germans on their own (assuming Japan isn't going super strong at Russia in the East... in which case Britain can afford to easily handle Italy and Germany in the west and thus come to Russia's aid - for UK wont need to defend India).

However, despite the balancing issues, there is great potential here.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Jeddan
First of all congrats on the beautiful and intriguing map.

For some reason Berlin and Falkland can attack each other, probably wont change games much, but still seems weird.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Maquis
first the new version looks really good! But i found some things...
Katjuscha: Now its very cheep and after rd4 everyone will buy them if he needs offensiv power and mech inf for 6 is quiet useless then. So i would raise them to 6 too then it should be fine. Trucks for 5 is better then before but so far everyone now buys tanks instead, so maybe 2 for 9 would be a way, but not sure about that yet.
about Japan Fleet. It seems like there is no save spot for the pearl attacking fleet, i dont like that. Its very close, so maybe just move 1 bomber out of range or add 1 japanese destroyer, this should be enough and would give Japan a better chance in the beginning.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Axisgeneral
No comments on removing the russian capitol in Kaask? Russia shouldnt lose its entire income by losing it. Somehow I doubt the remainder of the Soviet Union would collapse and lose its industrial production for the loss of a barren city. Otherwise what incentive does Japan have to push hard against China? I know this wont be popular since everyone wants to make playing axis easier but just stating a fact

Re: WORLD AT WAR

sieg
hi,

sry guys at this time iam realy busy at work,
i will take the time to make the next update in about 2 weeks.

thx for the feedbacks so far, i will think about all of them ;)

greets

sieg

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Swobo
Are there any plans to give a stuka-like tactical bomber to any nations other than Germany?  maybe Japan, Italy, or US?

Also, at the onset of WW2 the island of Rhodes was an Italian territory, not a British one, and had been for quite some time... since 1912 I believe.  It was an important German/Italian naval and air base and it remained under Axis control until the end of the war.

Also, at the beginning of WW2 Iraq rebelled against England and received military support from Germany.  It was quickly retaken by the British, but maybe make it a German territory with 1 infantry for historical purposes.

Looking forward to the update!

Re: WORLD AT WAR

squid_daddy
had a look and this looks fun. I'd be interested in getting a hold of the files no matter what state they are currently in.

Just so i can test speed on the map with the current moore AI.
If it is unplayably slow I might hafta go in and optimise some more stuff. make it playable with AI.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

wirkey

i talked with boshido about the big transports. We agree that you should make them either carrying 1 small, 2 big units, or change it to 4s/2s1b/2b. The current solution with user enforced rule isn't the best.

Second, I think we need a unit costing 4 PUs. Especially for the smaller nations, which have only limited production
psi

Re: WORLD AT WAR

psi
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

grizzly
the game feels kinda sluggish. if the second dutch capital was removed it could delete a turn that seems kinda pointless because i dont see a contribution of more than a couple troops to africa.

nobody has proposed splitting the US into macarthur and eisinhower, it would prevent throwing all the income at europe which seems to be a huge problem in every global map ever created
Just my 2 cents...
123456 ... 55