WORLD AT WAR

sieg
This post was updated on .
=WORLD AT WAR=

 "There is a New Age of War, the Total War."

Beta Version 1.0

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/16370441/file.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3rynts2mcuvt7j

Only works with this SAVE FILE

%3DWORLD_AT_WAR%3D.tsvg

Have Fun

sieg

Re: WORLD AT WAR

ice
Let me be the first to thank seig for another great map, it looks awesome

looking forward to play it allot andhelp with some ballance isues.

here are some firstround bugs that we noticed:

cruiser doest carry inf,
marine and elite have same stats and costs, and can both be bought by atleast japan.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Swobo
Awesome map, great work!

just off the bat I noticed the Palana territory name is in the ocean and not on the actual territory

Re: WORLD AT WAR

U-boat
Just...beautiful. Will this be the replacement to NWO? Maybe this is a chance for people to learn a bigger map from scratch.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

looks wonderful,

1. one question for you though: are all of the territories and connections from NWO and TRS there?  like, is this a combined world map where nwo and trs are left completely intact and then extra territories like south america, etc, added to fill in the missing parts of the world?   or is this a completely new map that does not include nwo and trs, even though it looks similar?

2. Second question, is it possible to remove the special characters from the name of the file (the zip) and the game name?  some people on linux have been having issues with special characters in the zip file name (or so says SGB).

3. and lastly, if you put together an introduction for it and give me a direct download link, I can add it to the triplea maps sourceforge list so that everyone can download it from inside triplea.

great work sieg,

edit:
Why is this map missing the game xml?
I guess you want to test it more before releasing to the public?

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Swobo
Same with E. Mexico

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Truly a thing of beauty!  I wept just for a minute.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

sieg
hi,

1.its a combination of the main gamestructure of NWO and TRS, but completly redrawn and minimised in terretorys to get a playable shape.

2.Yes the special Charachters should be removed from all my games i think, NWO, TRS, WAW etc. but will do it when i rework the maps for the colectors edition ;)

3. Sure would be nice to have it on the depot. but cant upload to my google page, 20 mb limit reached, its 45mb or sth. if u have a solution for that id would be apreciatet.

( yes i dont upload xml because of beta stage of game now )

merry xmas guys

sieg

Re: WORLD AT WAR

If you promise not to do anything evil, I can give you access to the sourceforge tripleamaps site, which would allow you to edit both the downloader xml's and your map zip directly.

I would really like to get rid of the special characters though.... and since World At War is completely new, it is probably better to start on the good foot with it.  Perhaps "World_At_War.zip" or "WorldAtWar.zip" ?

merry christmas to you too... good timing on the map release :)

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Swobo
how do the multiple capitals work in this one?

and some of the canals may not be working properly... i was able to send Japanese ships through Philippines canal zones without fully controlling them
Die

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Die
Great map. This is awesome. Thanks for making it!

A suggestion: I find it confusing to figure out which units are Allies and which units are Axis sometimes. A simple cosmetic tweak could solve this issue to make the map more newbie friendly.

Allies units all should face left while Axis units should all face right. This would look the best as Germany and Russia would still be looking at eachother, as well as Japan and USA looking at eachother in the Pacific Ocean.

This way, at a glance, one can identify a friend and a foe easily without having to identify them by their colors. It may look weird at first this way (for example Britian would be looking at the Atlantic Ocean), but I think in the long term players would quickly get used to it and will appriciate uniform Axis and Allies poses.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

nolesfan1
I loveeeeeeee!!!!!! this map Sieg this is like nwo global I had been dreaming about for a long long time. there are a few errors and I have been playtesting and such. most of the errors have to do with mispelled territory names (maybe because you are german?) they are wrong in my english language though. It needs some balancing as well etc. I will give you a list of errors in full later.

thx for another awesome map

noles

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Axisgeneral
WOW what a masterpiece!

Played two games with my buddies last night and it was very well received. Have been one of your biggest fans. Seems like this will not be in beta soon since I did not see any major issues. I like the addition of multiple capitols. Going to spend most of the day with friends playing it and will report to you any issues that come up

Merry Christmas!

Re: WORLD AT WAR

ice
Hi seig

here are some ideas to think about:

1-Dutch capitol in the netherlands in stead of dutch guyana (Suriname)
a nice feature is that axis can choose who gets the dutch money, and even take 2 times dutch money for a total rape.  netherlands should not be takable round 1 then i think.

2-south afrika to british empire, only historical correct

3-other color for impassables, looks too much like china color

4-less dutch ships in the pacific for a more flexible japan opening

5-do something about ger or ita planes, doesnt feel right that ita has more then germany

6-my oppinion is that anzac starting navy is way to big maybe replace some with british ships ?

hope youl think about these things, i would also like to make a list of things i like about the map but that would take me 2 days :)

merry xmas

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Axisgeneral
Few things that i wanted to mention.

Why no trucks for USA?

Also China should be able to build ships if for whatever reason they managed to kick Japan off Asia.

Axis minor countries should not be able to build advanced units like Jets or heavy ships.

If Dutch are going to have two capitols perhaps put a factory in both?

So far everything looks great!

Mechanized should be 6 ipc and have same defense value as trucks

USA should have murmansk to simulate lend lease. (same concept as german tobruk)

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Pulicat
Great work sieg,

Aesthetically you know i love the reliefs and the faded artwork on the map!

I like the multiple capital concept too, that your money gets ransacked but you can still collect money with your other capital. Is there any way to make it so that only part of your money gets ransacked, though?

Looking forward to the public release after beta testing and balancing.

Merry Christmas to you :)

Pulicat
how now brown cow?

Re: WORLD AT WAR

JimmyHatfield
I don't agree with the chinese ships, or at least not many.  I'm fairly certain that the US supplied the transport for Chang Kaisheks troops when they fled to Taiwan.  China just doesn't have the facilities or production capacity to build naval vessels.

Re: WORLD AT WAR

wirkey
This post was updated on .
I would certainly give the chinese at least the opportunity to buy ships, maybe no capital ships, but transport, pt, subs and destroyer, maybe cruiser.

Historical correctnes ends at latest when the game begins.

But I'm a fan of geographic correctness

edit:
what about a canal in the strait of messina (between Sicily and italian mainland). shouldn't affect the game in the beginnin.

The placement of the Panama Canal is a bit ... weird. As it was build by the US it should be passable for them from the beginning. You can make it controlable from only one country. I would suggest renaming yucatago to panama, place the canal there and rename panama to columbia :-)

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Axisgeneral
Another thought it making Murmansk USA and bumping the value to 2 to simulate Lend lease to USSR. Similar to having german Tobruk in the game to simulate Afrika Korp.

Germany should start with 1 or 2 stuka's

Italian Airforce should be reduced by one

I like Wirkeys idea about canal in the Med off Sicily

Re: WORLD AT WAR

Rolf
*** QUICK TUTORIAL ***

This map isn't quite as user-friendly as the rest, yet.  That said, it's easy to get up and running.

Step 1:  Download the map and save game file.

*** The Files:***

Game file: =WORLD AT WAR=.zip
Save file: =WORLD_AT_WAR=.tsvg

Step 2:  Place the files correctly on your computer.  Note, replace <UserName> with your own username.

--XP:  Put the .zip file in C:\Documents And Settings\<UserName>\triplea\maps\
--XP:  Then put the save game file in C:\Documents And Settings\<UserName>\triplea\SavedGames\

--Win7:  put the .zip file in C:\Users\<UserName>\triplea\maps\
--WIn7:  Then put the save game file in C:\Users\<UserName>\triplea\SavedGames\

I would expect Vista to behave the same as Win7.

After the files have been placed correctly, do not be surprised that the map does not show up in the list of games when you start TripleA.

***To Load the Game***

Simply fire up TripleA and load the save game file.  It's that easy.

***To Host the Game in the Lobby***

Just host a game in the lobby, whatever map, it doesn't matter.  Once the hosting screen appears, just load the save game file.  =World at War= will automatically load up.

Questions?   I had em!   :)