Quantcast

Version 1.7 no way to play

Toddy
Hello,

sorry for my bad english. I am German and leared it for a long time ago in school.
I have a problem with that version. I cant host or join a game. All Ports are open, firewall is deactivated and all settings like before.
Automatically setting does not work UPNP is activated but i get the message my computer is not reachable.

maybe someone here can help me what i have to do that i can play the game

Thx for your help

Torsten alias Puffel

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Some people have trouble with "Hosting" games, but noone has trouble "Joining" games.

Please confirm: are you using version 1.7.0.3 of triplea?  and you can not join other people's games?  And you've tried joining multiple games that you know to be open and active?

For hosting, you might want to read this: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Download-Maps-Links-Hosting-Games-General-Information-tp4074312p4085700.html

Or you could just join a "Bot" game (a dedicated server).  If you are unable to host your own games, join a bot and then tell the bot which map you want to use (click "network button" then click "change game to...").

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Toddy
I have the newest Version on the PC. My Problem was that i got a new Router (Cisco/Kabel BW) and the new Version. At the first Day it works (Hosting and playing), since second day i cant host and join games.
I asked a friend (PC freak and he helped me last time to install forhosting) but he didnt found the problem.

Internet works and joining Lobby too but no way to play

What can i do and do u know where the problem is?

Thx for answer

Puffel

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

It still doesn't make sense that you can join the lobby but not join games.

Maybe set your max memory to be lower (engine preferences -> max memory).  Something like 768 should be good.

If i see you online, maybe i can help you with teamviewer (a remote assistance program).

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Marco
Hello,

I just installed the 1_7_0_3 version on my laptop, but it is not working at all. When I double click on the icon, nothing happens. I've even reinstalled Java, but it didn't help.

What's wrong with my laptop?

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Zim Xero
What is your operating system?
What folder/location did you install to?
Do you have read/write permission?

Something external or compatability is causing the issue since 1.7 has no known issues that causes it to fail.

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Marco
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612 QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Operating System: 64 Bit

I downloaded the file from TripleA website and I just open it. Automatically it started installing on my laptop. I didn't changed any default setting.
I now have a folder, within my computer's programmes, called "TripleA". Inside it, there is another folder called: "1_7_0_3". Inside this last folder there are just two icones: TripleA icon and Uninstall. That's all.

For the rest, I don't know what are you talking about. I'm sorry but I'm not a computers' expert.

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Zim Xero

Your directory should look like this:

After double clicking TripleA.exe a menu should pop up from which you can select "start local game".
If this doesn't happen and work, I would reinstall TripleA find some outside help reguarding windows permission setting.

Re: Version 1.7 no way to play

Marco
This post was updated on .
I checked the driver as you suggested. The icon hasn't got the .exe.

How can I attack the picture of the screen to this message?

Sorry, I checked my option and I discovered that I was hiding the file extention. That said, the programme is still not working.