Quantcast

User Action Question

beelee
Is there a way to only be asked once a game whether you want to do someting as opposed to every turn ? Or accept the action and then have another action ask if you want to cancel the accepted one so it won't show up again ?

Re: User Action Question

aaalafayette
Administrator
Yes... Part of the problem is identifying opportunities for this.

Map download overwrite dialog will be fixed in: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/pull/286

Otherwise, a list I can think of:
- naval territory bombard

Re: User Action Question

beelee
Right on lafayette that's way cool. Not sure how naval bombard fits in but I'll take a look at it.

I was trying to use custom techs as game options for players but when using edit to activate them it proved to be inconsistent. User actions work but if you don't want to activate it then it can get annoying being asked every turn especially if you have half a dozen or so. Thanks for the reply.

Re: User Action Question

aaalafayette
Administrator
naval bombards get annoying when you have 24 bships and 12 cruisers all bombarding the same territory when there are a couple available.

The handling/fix for that would be slightly different, since you would probably want to specify the count, how many to bombard, rather than just adding a "yes to all" option.

Re: User Action Question

beelee
I checked out the discussion at github. Wasn't able to tell if my original question is possible now. Not really sure what to look for over there. I know the Bombard thing got improved by the way the game plays.

Anyway does anyone know if it is possible for the popup window only to show up once per game now instead of every round ?