UI enhancement - suggestion

Alberts
Hi there!

First off, I'd like to thank Veqryn, semi-retiree Wisconsin and all other developers for their hard work. And even though I don't understand a word of the tech babble on this forum, I love watching the game evolve.

However, one thing has been bothering me for a long time. It's just a minor flaw. But still...

Since I lack any historic knowledge whatsoever, I never know what countries I'm supposed to fight against. WWII-games are easy (Everybody against the nazis). But other maps make me confused. And I don't want to read the long boring game descriptions to find out - heck, I just want to fight - ASAP!

My suggestion is to clarify the alliances better, right before a game begins. Otherwise it might scare off noob:s and lazy people, and (as in my case) stupid people.

Using my killer photoshop-skills, I've provided a concept of how it can be done.

/Alberts

Re: UI enhancement - suggestion

Wisconsin
Agreed, I've often started a new map without knowing who's who, and it's a hassle to load up a new game or the xml without map notes. Even with map notes, an indicator would speed things up.

Re: UI enhancement - suggestion

i could be wrong but right now it is either done in Alphabetical order (useless if true), or in Turn Order (which i prefer).

i can probably figure out how to do this, but instead of having a giant line on the screen dividing alliances, I would rather just have the players listed in Turn Order, then with their alliance names to the right of their names.

Re: UI enhancement - suggestion

Alberts
Great idea, Veqryn. I don't really care how its implemented. As long as i can identify my opponents I'm happy.

And once more... Since I have nothing to offer in terms of tech knowledge, I offer both you my gratitude for all your labour. Keep it up!

Re: UI enhancement - suggestion

i think i should mention that "Napoleonic Empires: FFA", your example game, occurs during 1800s and has no alliances (FFA means free-for-all).

anyway, here is what it now looks like: (in turn order)

enjoy,
veq

Re: UI enhancement - suggestion

eurofabio
Much better!! I really liked!

By the way, there are any triplea facebook page??