Triplea Map Creator program

Prussia
Hi all,

I am using the triplea map creator program and ran into an error. Specifically:

I was trying to use the resizer tool to enlarge the pixel size of my map by 200%. the original map is big world 2 and is completely functional on its own.

I was not running triplea at the time, nor is any file related to the map open in any other program;

I was running the "run-as-admin" option with the map resizer on Windows 7.

When I run the resizer, this error show up:

Base Exception:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Programs\TripleA\triplea_1_6_1_4\maps\big_world_2\centers.txt' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)
   at TripleA_Map_Resizer.Main.ScalePointsAndWriteResults(SizeF scaleRatio, String readFileLocation, FileStream fileStream)
   at TripleA_Map_Resizer.Main.resizeMapMethod()

Complete Exception:

[...]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Triplea Map Creator program

RogerCooper
Map Creator has some stability issues. Resize in Paint.

Re: Triplea Map Creator program

Map resizer has never worked in the Map Maker program.

Re: Triplea Map Creator program

ghostronin
Is there a good place on the internet to find map historical silhouettes as a base for creating my own map? Specifically, I'm looking for something for the United States Civil War.

Re: Triplea Map Creator program

RogerCooper
Take a look at Axis & Allies Wiki for some existing maps.

Re: Triplea Map Creator program

Prussia
I got it to work by downloading triplea with java rather than the standard triplea.