TripleA on andriod suggestion

lulu2010
Is there any versions that can run on andriod for mobile devices?

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

good question

triplea can run on linux (you need java though)

and android is linux for a phone

so i assume yes?

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Toronado3800
I tried a couple different ways just now on my Galaxy S.  None worked.  My phone tech skill level is ok but not exceptional.

I tried downloading straight from the internet with no luck.  My phone was unwilling to download the doc since it had no application to run it.

Then I moved a couple versions over from my lap top via my MicroSD card.  They moved, I can look at the icons for units and all, just nothing will run.

Any hints let me know.  Nothing would be better than playing TripleA on my phone lol

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

i don't have a cool phone, so tell me, can phones unzip things?  you will have to download the "all systems version" and then unzip it.

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Toronado3800
I do not have the "File Expert" app on my phone.  It claims it unzips files but I don't want to slow down my phone by complicating its operating system.

Presumably I am around the zipped file problem because I can view the files on my phone.

To view the files like the unit files I unzipped 1.255 with my lap top. Then I moved an unzipped version of the 1.255 all platforms version to my MicroSD on my GalaxyS. I can "see" the files with my phone.

The error I get when I click triplea.exe file is "No applications can perform this action"

Same error with triplea_unix.sh and mac_os (of course) and _windows.bat

The changelog.txt and readme.html open fine.

Perhaps there is something I am missing with Java.....I just updated my phone's software two nights ago....

My explanation make sense?

Any ideas?

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA probably won't work as is on Android.

At the very least, you will need to download the source version, and recompile it with the android compiler (the android vm is dalvik, not the jvm, and the TripleA distributions are all compiled for the jvm).

I suspect android doesn't support swing (the ui library that is standrad in java, and that TripleA is built on), so the ui may need to be completely rewritten to work on Android.

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Toronado3800
Its me. Just from my phone in the delivery room.

I wouldnt bother changing triplea so it woukd also work on android. Eventually these phones will have windows emulators

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

I'd love to port it (or more likely something like it) over to Android &/or iPhone.  I think it could sell well, but it would mean taking several (or more) months away from TripleA to do it.

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Maherdogg
having a droid myself I'd vote that any dev time would go into fixing bugs and getting scrambling/convoys working.   but it's not MY time to command I know.  :)

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Toronado3800
My guess is the Droids, Kindles, and IPads of the world are going to merge together.  Hopefully they all understand Java or SOMETHING in common so you all don't have to do too much coding.

Of course I would love TripleA on my phone.  I'd like them airbases more though lol.
Dj

Re: TripleA on andriod suggestion

Dj
Dont know if it will work but u can install a version of ubuntu 11.04 on the android system and if you could install java on it then perhaps you could start triplea.

dont have any android system to check it out with tho

heres a link wich will show what i am talking about

http://androlinux.com/android-ubuntu-development/how-to-install-ubuntu-on-android/