TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

aaalafayette
Administrator
We have:

- a rented linux server that hosts:
  - the lobby
  - dice rollers
  - lobby game bots
  - tripleawarclub
- The DNS name: www.triplea-game.org
- TripleaWarClub forum: http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/
- TripleaWarClub ladder: http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/comp/
- Source forge forum: http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/Forum
- Source forge bug queue: http://sourceforge.net/p/triplea/_list/tickets
- Source forge homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/
- Source forge maps: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/
- Source forge code:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/
- Github.io website: http://triplea-game.github.io/
- Github game project: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea
- Github map project: http://github.com/triplea-maps/Project
- Github wiki's:  http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/wiki, http://github.com/triplea-maps/Project/wiki/

Anything left out? Next question, this is a lot of stuff and has overlap. Is there anything that we can reasonably cut out from the list?

- So far we have decided to phase out code and map hosting out of sourceforge: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/297
- There is an open discussion thread on which bug forum to use: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/443

Re: TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

yamamot0
This post was updated on .
Did the idea to combine the "triplea dev forum" with the "triplea warclub forum" fall into oblivion?

I think both sites could gain from the traffic, interaction and knowledge (the warclub for sure).

Best regards

yamamot0

Re: TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

aaalafayette
Administrator
Yes, it does seem the idea did fall into oblivion. Mainly because it is relatively tricky IMO.
Though the two forums would likely be better with the traffic consolidated to one or the other.

The warclub forums provides 'play by forum' support, which source forge (SF) does not. So we'd have to figure out whether it's okay to drop that and let A&A.org be the only forum that supports PBF, or do we try to find another way to support PBF without warclub PHP code (which we have to host and run, so it is quite expensive from that perspective).

Re: TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

aaalafayette
With two forums we have redundancy. The warclub forum gives us additional features which the SF forum does not. Consolidating first to war club could make sense. That would mean one forum in tripleawarclub.org.

Re: TripleA Project assets and tools - the list.

The Red Baron
I have a suggestion for the new forum. It seems like Discourse is the latest and greatest forum software for open-source projects. Now, it is open-source, but it runs on Ruby on Rails, so it would have to go on our Linux server (assuming Rails and Docker can be installed on it). I am pseudo-familiar with Rails, though not so much Docker, but could probably help set it up. I don't know if this is a possibility, but I'd say the best-case scenario. A potential forum url could be discuss.triplea-game.org or talk.triplea-game.org, or anything we wanted.

Now, if we can't get Discourse, we could go for the suggestion @aaalafayette had, Disqus. This would have ads and be less useful, but would work.

Finally, if all else fails, we could stay here. Nabble gives us free hosting, and all we'd have to do is start linking to http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/ instead of http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki/Forum. I will support consensus the community gives, but I would like to throw out a couple ideas first.
"The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception." - Manfred von Richthofen