TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

prastle
Administrator
H now I get ya. Ok ill try later by copying all and removing to sep folder when not online. and re try.  Didn't scroll that far.  Old error was bw2. Ill try removing that to.  Let Ya know
Thanks

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

P@nther
Administrator
OK, just leave the tutorial in the new installation. This has to work perfectly now in the latest prerelease.
CU later.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

prastle
Administrator
You were correct.  Thanks.  All maps moved from dl file and maps it installs fine. now to figure out which map ;)

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

prastle
Administrator
Anyone that installed old prerelease must uninstall manually the tutorial from their downloads folder as well
works fine now.  Thanks guys

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

prastle
Administrator
Just to clarify I had already downloaded the tutorial before the prerelease unsure if  that was or could have been the problem as well either way make sure its gone. ;) cheers

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

P@nther
Administrator
Good to hear it works now. You are welcome.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Excluding anything major, 1.9.0.0.2972 is looking like the release version

The 1.9 lobby is up and running with a few bots.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Cernel
Since I guess the prerelease gets little testing, I think it would be advisable waiting at least 2 weeks doing nothing, or I fear chances are to release something with bugs like the two ones (Cernel 14 and 15) I just opened.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Frankie9
I added twelve bots to the 1.9 lobby.

Also, the links to download 1.9 aren't working for me.

http://triplea-game.github.io/download/

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Cernel
Yeah, I confirm, it reads like:
TripleA_windows-x64_1.9.0.0.2972.exe

but it should be like:
TripleA_1.9.0.0.2972_windows-64bit.exe

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Website updated, follow the normal flow to download 1.9: http://www.triplea-game.org/download/

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

P@nther
I noticed the "Latest Release"-tag on Github for 2984, as well as all hints to the downloads being "prereleases" having been removed from the website triplea-game.org - has there been something "official" regarding the 1.9 release, I might have missed? Is this the "final" release to be communicated?

Thanks.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Let me see if i can clarify and maybe even share some good news.

First, the "Download TripleA 1.8.0.9"  button on the index.html homepage was updated simply to read "Download TripleA".

Next to describe the release process a bit.. Eventually we would like to get to a point where there is compatibility between just about any game engine (and also map versions). At that point we'll likely remove the prerelease concept entirely, and anything merged will just become the latest release.

In the meantime, the process is a bit as follows:
- regular pre-releases are available for DL from github/releases
- when we decide we wish to release, we begin some extra thorough testing to find any problems that had not yet been caught
- once those problems are all fixed, every subsequent pre-release becomes a candidate for release
- if no major problems are found with the latest candidate, then it becomes the unofficial release. This is where we are now for 1.9 with v2984
- after a week or so of being on an unofficial release, if there are still no major problems, then it becomes the official release.

The github.io website (http://www.triplea-game.org) has been updated a bit early, but since all the traffic to the github page is from existing players coming from this forum, there is no harm in having it prepped. Also namely, I had time to update it last weekend, and will not later. At this point nothing further really needs to be done for 1.9 other than to finish testing to see if there are any major problems, and then to announce it as the official version.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

P@nther
Administrator
Nice, thanks a lot for explaining!
dom

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

dom
Nice, downloaded a few hours ago, 1.9.0.0.3010 for Linux, on Debian stretch/testing  and it runs so far with no issues. The threading seems better as it isn't thrashing both cores at 100% all the time compared to 1.8.0.9.
Using the total world war map the (setting IsLandTransport for Mechanized Infantry) doesn't hang for 20 or 30 minutes like it did previously so time between rounds is reduced as well.
Great job, good to see you are still all working on the project as it is a very enjoyable game engine.
Will let you know if I run across any bugs.
Cheers.
Dom.

Intel® Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz × 2
Kernel Linux 4.6.0-1-amd64 x86_64

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

RogerCooper
1.9.0.0.3010 just hangs for me, showing a blank window labeled TripleA Console. I am using the 64 bit version in a Windows X environment. Version 2565 works fine for me.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

RogerCooper
Eventually, it gave an error message. It seems to be messing up reading the scenario list.

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.9
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attachments: true is not a valid int value
        at games.strategy.engine.data.DefaultAttachment.getInt(DefaultAttachment.java:46)
        at games.strategy.triplea.attachments.TerritoryAttachment.setVictoryCity(TerritoryAttachment.java:287)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1377)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1306)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:155)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.fullyParseGameData(NewGameChooserEntry.java:77)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.selectByName(GameSelectorModel.java:343)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:316)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:267)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:49)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.lambda$showMainFrame$61(GameRunner.java:186)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner$1.dispatchEvent(GameRunner.java:353)
Could not parse:jar:file:/C:/Users/Judy/triplea/downloadedMaps/big_world.zip!/games/big_world_1942.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: MapName: jar:file:/C:/Users/Judy/triplea/downloadedMaps/big_world.zip!/games/big_world_1942.xml, Error setting property:victoryCity cause:Attachments: true is not a valid int value
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1384)
[...]

If u empty all ur old maps
ur gd
similar here

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Website download page updated to: 1.9.0.0.3052
1.9 maps have been cleaned up pretty well.

Please delete any 1.9 game engines and all 1.9 maps before getting this latest version. I expect for us to begin migration from 1.8.0.9 to this version starting Monday, making the 1.9 release official.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
@RogerCooper - likely a new map is needed, that problem is fixed in the latest big_world map version. To test the latest, it is recommend to clean all 1.9 engines/maps first.
123456