TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Richard Dixon
Will the new version still have an "all-platforms" zip available, so that the game can be run portably? I don't see an option for that on your new site's download page... And for those of us that do run it as portable, is there an option in the engine preferences to set the Saved Games folder location, so we don't have to navigate to it each time, or forget to bring saved games along by copying them? Thanks.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

P@nther
Find all available downloads, including the all-platforms.zip, here:
https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases

And yes, under EnginePreferences-> EngineSettings->Folders
you can set the paths.

HTH :-)

Edit:
Note that savegames and maps for version 1.8.0.9 (if for any reason still needed) still go to
..\Users\"Name"\triplea\maps or ..\savedGames

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Richard Dixon
Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you!

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Zero Pilot
I'm not able to get the all platforms release to run on Win8.1.

I wanted to put this on a laptop and the installer version works perfectly fine (1.9.0.0.3190) but I greatly prefer the portable version. I've tried several different all platform releases over the past weeks and none have successfully launched on Win8.1.

I know the older all platform releases would include shell scripts for the various platforms which I don't see now so this is just double clicking on the jar file. At any rate it's apparently not finding game_engine.properties (from v1.9.0.0.3206):

****************

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.handleCommandLineArgs(GameRunner.java:327)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.main(GameRunner.java:181)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: game_engine.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at com.google.common.base.Throwables.propagate(Throwables.java:160)
        at games.strategy.engine.config.GameEnginePropertyFileReader.readProperty(GameEnginePropertyFileReader.java:44)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.map.download.MapListingSource.<init>(MapListingSource.java:24)
        at games.strategy.engine.ClientContext.<init>(ClientContext.java:55)
        at games.strategy.engine.ClientContext.<clinit>(ClientContext.java:41)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: game_engine.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.config.GameEnginePropertyFileReader.readProperty(GameEnginePropertyFileReader.java:34)
        ... 5 more
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class games.strategy.engine.ClientContext
        at games.strategy.engine.ClientFileSystemHelper.getTripleaJarWithEngineVersionStringPath(ClientFileSystemHelper.java:62)
        at games.strategy.engine.ClientFileSystemHelper.areWeOldExtraJar(ClientFileSystemHelper.java:114)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.lambda$checkForUpdates$63(GameRunner.java:476)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class games.strategy.engine.ClientContext
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseMinimumEngineVersionNumber(GameParser.java:196)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:100)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.<init>(NewGameChooserEntry.java:58)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:300)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:267)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:49)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner.lambda$showMainFrame$62(GameRunner.java:186)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner$1.dispatchEvent(GameRunner.java:353)

****************

I thought there still might be some file cruft left over from a previous installer version attempt (which didn't work at first because I didn't have the latest version of Java) which I believe was uninstalled through the control panel instead of the sensible uninstaller.

But the fact I have the installer version working perfectly fine now really has me at a loss as to why the portable version still is a no-go. It's probably something stupid I'm doing/not doing (although I'm not new to this, I wrote the Triplea compiling documentation waaay back when.)

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. ~ZP

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Current folder problem. Run the triplea.jar not by double clicking it, but instead by calling it when at the root of the TripleA project. This is perhaps a reason we are not thrilled to support execution of  triplea.jar and not instead an OS specific version that simply does not have this problem.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

sylvest888
Come to TripleA 1.9, workin perfect :) Im waiting for some action

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Thank you to everyone that has tried out the 1.9 prerelease and reported problems. We found a good number, more than I had expected, but they have been hammered out. 1.9 is officially out now.

Download it here: http://www.triplea-game.org/download/
Detailed Release notes: http://www.triplea-game.org/release_notes/
Some upgrade notes from 1.8: http://www.triplea-game.org/upgrade_notes/

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aoun
It's amazing!

A lot more organised so the UI looks easier to work with.

Cool new maps too!
spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com : Red Night Saint fallen-nations.net : a.o.u.n. triple.sourceforge.net : aoun