TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Get the latest 1.9 download: here http://www.triplea-game.org/download/

-----

The 1.9.0.0 prerelease is ready for release testing. You can download the 1.9 prerelease here: http://triplea-game.github.io/download/

Please try it out, and let us know if you find any problems here: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/new

1.9.0.0 Change notes can be found here: http://triplea-game.github.io/release_notes/

A 1.9.0.0 lobby is up and open. Lobby login accounts have not been copied over, so please login anonymously.

After a week or two of release testing, we'll launch 1.9.0.0 as the next release.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
We fixed a couple of issues for the 1.9 lobby. The database data has not been copied over yet, but the 1.9 lobby is up and should be available for game hosting/joining. Please find a link for the latest 1.9 prerelease version here: http://triplea-game.github.io/download/

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Felix187666
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
@Felix187666 - More details please:
- operating system
- java version
- do you see any error messages?
- how far along can you get in the install+launch process, where does the game fail exactly?

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Alright, never mind Felix, found most likely the problem you were running into. A bug was introduced very recently while fixing a multiplayer game problem, that was crashing single player games. Both problems are now fixed. The prerelease link on the website has been updated to the latest (v2553)

I've noticed though that it seems another bug was introduced that is effecting how the game closes. It is crashing on close.. Tracking that problem here: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/972, with some luck we should have it fixed in the next day or two.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
The freeze on close problem is fixed. Prerelease download link on website has been updated (1.9.0.0.2565)
http://triplea-game.github.io/download/

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Felix187666
I appreciate the fix, works great now.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Felix187666
I also like the flags to ID the units during the game. Been waiting a long time for something like that.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Good to hear. RoiExLab worked on that feature

There's a map performance parsing improvement in the pipeline. We also need to figure out how to migrate the lobby database data over. I'm assuming we'll find a problem or two more during this prerelease testing. At this pace though I could imagine the 1.9 release being official in a couple of weeks from now

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

Felix187666
Also so you know, strategic bombing works well for the AI now. I mostly play WW2 Classic so it's a good addition finally.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

simon33
I've been working on some UI improvements. One of which that seems to be working is a back button in the place units phase. Is it too late to squeeze it in?

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
@simon33 - It's getting late. But do submit a PR when you can.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

simon33
How do I go about doing this?

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
@Simon - Start here:
http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea

Please let us know what documentation is missing with this: http://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/new

There are enough difference now, that if you are working with an old version of the code base, things could be ugly. It might be better to open a github issue and post key code snippets. We can discuss next steps then

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Only couple of known issues:
- screenshots generating a stack trace
- territory names missing on pac 1940

Beyond that, no known (new) problems with the latest prerelease: http://triplea-game.github.io/download/
We're getting close for 1.9 to be ready, perhaps as early as next weekend.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
I'm tempted for us to get some additional features out, but 1.9 has been a long time coming. We really would benefit to get map makers on the updated process, so there is no more limbo there of whether to work on maps in the old source forge system, or the new github backed system. So as soon as we are reasonably confident that the latest 1.9 prerelease is stable, we'll then make the release official. Ideally that testing to make sure it is stable will be happening this week!

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

RogerCooper
In the tutorial, phase is misspelled as fase. In more than 1 spot.

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette
Administrator
Thanks for the report @RogerCooper, tracking in: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1015

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

ZjelcoP
Thx RogerCooper, my non-native English tongue playing up there!

Re: TripleA 1.9.0.0 Prerelease!

aaalafayette wrote
Thanks for the report @RogerCooper, tracking in: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/1015
The link is not working. You also misspelled 'amphibious' as 'amifibious'.