Quantcast

TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable has been released, download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA/1_8_0_7/

Play Axis and Allies online with TripleA!

This version is completely backwards compatible with 1.8.0.5, 1.8.0.4, 1.8.0.3, 1.8.0.1, 1.7.0.3, 1.7.0.1, 1.6.1.4, and 1.5.2.2 savegames.
(You can install more than 1 version of TripleA at a time, and run them all at the same time.)

The Developers for TripleA 1.8.0.7: Veqryn, Redrum, DanVanAtta, Gaborbernat

Main Updates:
1.8.0.7
- Bug Fixes:
Fixed maxBuiltPerPlayer to include unplaced units.
Fixed issue with TripleA logging users out of axisandallies.org when posting PBF turns.
Fixed bug with movement validation for fighters launching from a carrier and flying into enemy land territory then returning.

- New Features:
Created a new casualty sorter for quicker approximate sorting that includes support attachments.
Bug fixes on unit casualty sorters, and switching new approximate method in as the default.
Added a convenience button to undo all moves during a phase.
Removed obsolete Dynamix (land-only) AI.
Migrated source code from SourceForge to GitHub: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea

- Hard AI Updates:
Improved performance on large maps.
Added support for valuing exposed units when attacking.
Improved air units landing safely.
Added scrambling support.
Improved transport movement and defense.
Added support for purchasing and landing on carriers.
Improved naval non-combat move and avoid sea units getting stuck.
Improved casualty selection to consider unit cost.
Added unit support attachment consideration for purchasing and movement.
Added politics support for 2 team maps such as Global 1940.
Improved capital defense.
Added support for WW2v1 non-limit placing of units on starting factories.
Added support for territory effects.
Added support for China on WW2v3.
Added support for unit placement limits.
Fixed sorting bug causing error: Comparison method violates its general contract.
Improved carrier/fighter casualty sorting to avoid leaving fighters stranded.
Units of the same type are now moved all at once rather than one at a time.
Added support for nations without capitals.
Fixed several rare NullPointerException errors.

1.8.0.5
- Bug Fixes:
Savegame size increasing exponentially bug is fixed.
Hosts now wait up to 15 minutes (previously only 1.5 min) for players to sync when starting a game up.
Fixed bug where occasionally the game would wait on all players to press 'OK' for certain messages before the game could continue.
Fixed bug with World War II Classic rockets technology giving a null pointer error.
Fixed multiple bugs surrounding AA attacks on units with more than one hitpoint.
Fixed lobby username muting not working.
Fixed bug where under rare circumstances air units going from sea to land would lose all movement.
Fixed bug with bid placement for Global 1940/1942 where British could not place units in UK Pacific.
Fixed bug with unit repairs not being recorded properly in history.
Fixed bugs surrounding fuel cost for units loading, unloading, and moving with carriers.
More stability improvements for hosts and bots; as well as many smaller bugs fixed.

- New Features:
New AI, "Hard AI" (also called ProAI), coded by Redrum.
BattleCalculator now multithreaded and 2x to 20x faster than previously.
Host wait time now configurable in engine preferences.
New default casualty selection method, which can solve complex support scenarios, is available in engine preferences (very slow, and still in beta testing).

1.8.0.3
- Bug Fixes:
Crashing and freezing while hosting finally fixed completely.
Crash caused by bug introduced into Paratroopers tech fixed.
Fixed some bugs with triggers, and various other smaller bug fixes.

- New Features:
New 'Unit Stats' chart, accessible from the 'Help' and 'Export' menus.
Some new step properties for map makers to use.

1.8.0.1
- Automated Host Improvements:
Automated hosts have been fully fleshed out now, with many improvements. You can now set game options, and they now look and act more like a regular host does, with the 'Choose Game', 'Load Game', and 'Game Options' buttons all working.
They also show up in the lobby in italics, with a mark under the new "Bot?" column, and start with zero players. Lobby admins have the power to control them, including muting and banning of players inside them.

- Many New Features for Maps:
Lots of new sounds added to the engine, and the engine can now play sounds from inside a zipped map as well, including by triggers.
Units can have multiple hitPoints beyond two, variable repair rates, maps can start with damaged units, resources can now be purchased during purchase phase.
Some progress on 1914 WW1, many new phase step properties, and allowing multiple 'when' settings for triggers.
Players can be optionally disabled in some maps, allowing more flexibility for free-for-all type games.

- Some Bug Fixes:
Defending submarines no longer fire before attacking units when attack has a destroyer.
Some fixes for online game stability.
1940 China no longer affected by blockades, and airborne paratrooper bugs fixed.
Various other bug fixes for strategic bombing on a map with terrain effects, errors with max units placed, fighter carrier movement, attacking with a carrier holding allied air, comment log not updating, resource creation order, and destroyedTUV condition.

- Misc:
PBEM/PBF Improvements: New option under 'File' menu: 'Post PBEM Game', which will allow posting the game at any time, like during a battle. AI can now be selected for PBEM games.
User notifications, such as chance notifications, now be turned off in the 'Game' menu.
Big updates to included java libraries: Java 6 or greater now required, Substance UI updated and many new 'look and feel' settings available, latest included JRE, and latest apache common jars.
Major updates to Great War WW1 and 270BC.

For a full changelog see here:
https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/blob/master/changelog.txt

Reporting bugs:
Please report any bugs encountered here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/triplea/_list/tickets

If you find bugs, I really can't do much about them unless you upload an autosave.  It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occurred.  Also mention what map the bug occurred on, and copy and paste the error if there is one.

Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:
(Windows XP)  C:\Documents and Settings\userName\triplea\
(Windows 7)  C:\Users\userName\triplea
(Mac)  /home/user/documents/triplea/
(Linux)  /home/user/triplea/

[They are NOT in program files.  They are in a folder in your user account.]

When you are making a post, click the "More Options" button.  From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.

I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.

Please also describe what happened before the bug occurred, and copy and paste the full error message, and of course say what map and what version of TripleA you were using!

thanks,

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Thanks for doing the release Redrum!

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

I can't play Tic Tac Toe anymore!

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.7
Could not parse:file:/C:/Users/Totale/triplea/games/TripleA/triplea_1_8_0_7_all_platforms/triplea_1_8_0_7/maps/unclassified/games/n_puzzle_3x3.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Class <games.puzzle.slidingtiles.NPuzzle> could not be found.
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.getInstance(GameParser.java:455)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseGameLoader(GameParser.java:558)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:97)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.<init>(NewGameChooserEntry.java:33)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.createEntry(NewGameChooserModel.java:167)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.addNewGameChooserEntry(NewGameChooserModel.java:140)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populateFromDirectory(NewGameChooserModel.java:178)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populate(NewGameChooserModel.java:77)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.<init>(NewGameChooserModel.java:33)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooser.refreshNewGameChooserModel(NewGameChooser.java:244)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel$1.run(GameSelectorModel.java:365)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Could not parse:file:/C:/Users/Totale/triplea/games/TripleA/triplea_1_8_0_7_all_platforms/triplea_1_8_0_7/maps/unclassified/games/tictactoe.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Class <games.puzzle.tictactoe.TicTacToe> could not be found.
[...]

Cernel
I mean, if you decided to remove Tic Tac Toe no problem, there are other places to play it; just wanted to notice that maybe you forgot to remove it from maps/unclassified too, though.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

We removed both puzzle games.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Cernel
But they are still in the maps folder.

I would, then, suggest removing the unclassified folder and adding a kings_table folder with the King’s Table game already playable (like checkers).

Alternatively, specify in unclassified's instructions the games that are not anymore supported.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

@Cernel - Yeah looks like we missed removing the actual puzzle games from the maps. We'll need to make sure we do that for the next release. Luckily I don't think there a very many people that play tic tac toe which is why we decided to remove it.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Cernel
Removing Tic Tac Toe and NPuzzle from the unclassified would leave King's Table alone in the folder; that's why I suggested to just get rid of the unclassified folder and adding a kings_table folder, instead.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Gneis
Do you fixed Baleard bug in NWO?

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

@Gneis - I don't believe there were any recent changes to NWO. I also don't know exactly what the bug is :)

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Mike
I am on a mac, and since the upgrade, when I go into a room (not the lobby, which is fine), I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Icon file not found

I talked to 3-4 other users (all on macs) and they said they had the same issue.

Thanks!
Mike

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

@Mike - Alright thanks for the heads up. We don't have many developers with macs so have very limited testing on them. We'll look into it.

@Veqryn - I'm guessing the error has to do with this change: https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/pull/40

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Apparently not.

I don't know if you guys want to derogate to the rule of never touching anything after the stable release; otherwise what about fixing all of the NWO mapskins (I just assume they all have the same issue) in depot and upload for upload, so that people will be able to use whatever depot mapskins waiting for 1.8.0.9. I can do the fix and upload them for upload, if you want, but it's just a matter of changing 1 same txt file in each one. You tell me.

Here it is the the polygons that solve (I didn't test it and I never play NWO; just trusting panguitch) the issue in the bit hacky way of kind of slicing the sea zone.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/file/n7587883/polygons.txt;cid=1439937499456-925

The fix would be to substitute this txt file to the current one in NWO and all of its mapskins (I suppose they all need it).

I would take this occasion for much suggesting, right after each stable, to open up and leave it up a stickied thread in forum for reporting all requests changes for the preloaded maps, so they don't get forgotten like Veqryn wisely did previously to the 1.8.0.5.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

The issue is that, when territories overlap, you can click on one but not on the other.

Something that I don't know how it works decide what territory gets precedence.

In the specific case, the "sz38" territory completely covers the "Baleares" territory.

This is a wrong way of mapmaking (let's say it's Sieg's fault) that exists since NWO has been made (so, the bug has always been there).

In previous versions of TripleA, the "Baleares" territory had, let's say luckyly, precedence over the "sz38" territory; thus there was no actual issue, for the users.

For some reasons I don't know, something changed in TripleA that made "sz38" having precedence over "Baleares". The end result of this is that now you can't click at all on "Baleares".

You can verify this by starting NWO and trying to unload 1 Germans something in it.

Since it is only a visual bug, the AI is not influenced by it.

The correct way of handlying islands is having the surrounding sea zone ending with exactly "Sea Zone". This way whatever else will get precedence in the clicky thing.

Relying on the end of name being exactly "Sea Zone" for deciding precedence is not fantastic, and some suggestions have been made in the past for setting it in a more serious manner (what about if I'm making a space map with Space Zones, or a map in which I have cities all inside countryside territories, like War of the Relics?), but nothing came out of them.

A while ago I already suggested changing the requirement in the engine to only " Zone" (instead of Sea Zone), so that you can at least having it working fine for maps in which the surrounding zones are called "Space Zone", "XX Zone" or whatever ending with only " Zone".

But other solutions allowing mapmakers to have islands and call the surrounding sea or whatever in whatever ways would be the best. Up until now, if a mapmaker wants to have islands, without their surrounding territories ending exactly in Sea Zone, and have them being clickable, the solution is slashing up the surrounding zones and covering up the scars with the relief tiles, as you can see in War of the Relics or Domination or quite many others (you still see the bloody cuts when the territory is contested, anyway).

Hope this helps. This issue came out about the start of this year, I think. And it has been a significant problem for NWO players (so, not me) since them.

Anyway, I would suggest limiting the untoucheability to the engine only, and make the changes needed for the maps, ffs, so that you can also remove Tic Tac Toe while you're at it.

Sorry for the lenghty explanation. Just hope this helps. And of course cheers to your work big red (didn't say it before because I felt was too obvious) (and, even more obvious, Veqryn's too).

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

someone just needs to redrawn the polygon for the surrounding sea zone to not include baleares inside of it

an interested party should post a new polygon line for the seazone, and we will replace the line in the polygons file

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

sure, go ahead and revert that change, and see if that fixes the mac icon issue
i don't think it is related to the maps or dice server issues though...

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Agree. The icon seems to be an actual issue that multiple people have.

The maps and dice server issues seem to have something to do with file location or permissions.

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

Well, not that interested, since I don't like NWO, but I've linked the working polygons by panguitch in a post of mine above.

Anyway, here it is a new poligon, made by me, that slashes the sea zone in a less scary manner than panguitch's:

sz38  <  (1847,1382) (1847,1382) (1848,1383) (1851,1383) (1852,1384) (1853,1383) (1854,1383) (1855,1382) (1856,1382) (1857,1381) (1858,1381) (1860,1379) (1861,1380) (1861,1381) (1860,1382) (1860,1383) (1859,1384) (1860,1385) (1863,1385) (1864,1386) (1870,1386) (1871,1387) (1871,1389) (1872,1390) (1872,1393) (1873,1394) (1873,1395) (1875,1395) (1876,1396) (1875,1397) (1875,1599) (1874,1600) (1780,1600) (1779,1599) (1779,1568) (1780,1567) (1781,1567) (1781,1566) (1783,1564) (1783,1563) (1784,1562) (1784,1561) (1785,1560) (1785,1559) (1792,1552) (1792,1551) (1794,1549) (1794,1548) (1795,1547) (1795,1546) (1789,1546) (1784,1541) (1785,1540) (1785,1538) (1786,1537) (1786,1536) (1787,1535) (1787,1534) (1786,1535) (1785,1535) (1784,1536) (1783,1536) (1782,1537) (1781,1537) (1780,1538) (1778,1538) (1777,1539) (1772,1539) (1771,1540) (1770,1540) (1766,1544) (1765,1544) (1764,1545) (1763,1545) (1762,1546) (1760,1546) (1759,1547) (1758,1547) (1758,1550) (1757,1551) (1757,1554) (1763,1554) (1764,1555) (1768,1555) (1769,1556) (1769,1561) (1771,1561) (1772,1562) (1775,1562) (1776,1563) (1776,1564) (1777,1565) (1777,1566) (1779,1568) (1779,1599) (1778,1600) (1661,1600) (1660,1599) (1660,1590) (1664,1586) (1668,1586) (1669,1585) (1670,1585) (1671,1584) (1672,1584) (1674,1582) (1674,1581) (1675,1580) (1675,1579) (1676,1578) (1676,1577) (1675,1576) (1675,1575) (1674,1574) (1674,1573) (1672,1571) (1672,1570) (1666,1570) (1665,1569) (1665,1567) (1664,1566) (1664,1563) (1663,1562) (1663,1557) (1662,1556) (1662,1555) (1661,1554) (1661,1552) (1662,1551) (1662,1548) (1663,1547) (1663,1546) (1662,1545) (1662,1540) (1663,1539) (1663,1538) (1667,1534) (1667,1530) (1668,1529) (1671,1529) (1678,1522) (1678,1521) (1680,1519) (1680,1518) (1683,1515) (1684,1515) (1687,1512) (1687,1510) (1688,1509) (1689,1509) (1690,1508) (1691,1508) (1691,1507) (1694,1504) (1694,1501) (1695,1500) (1695,1499) (1697,1497) (1705,1497) (1709,1493) (1709,1492) (1710,1491) (1710,1489) (1711,1488) (1710,1487) (1705,1487) (1704,1486) (1704,1485) (1705,1484) (1708,1484) (1709,1483) (1711,1483) (1717,1477) (1725,1477) (1726,1476) (1729,1476) (1732,1473) (1734,1473) (1735,1474) (1738,1474) (1739,1473) (1742,1473) (1743,1472) (1745,1472) (1746,1471) (1747,1471) (1748,1470) (1749,1470) (1750,1471) (1751,1471) (1752,1472) (1753,1472) (1754,1471) (1756,1471) (1757,1470) (1758,1470) (1759,1469) (1760,1469) (1760,1468) (1761,1467) (1761,1465) (1764,1462) (1766,1462) (1767,1461) (1769,1461) (1770,1460) (1772,1460) (1773,1459) (1775,1459) (1776,1458) (1777,1458) (1778,1457) (1779,1457) (1780,1456) (1781,1456) (1783,1454) (1783,1453) (1784,1452) (1786,1452) (1787,1453) (1788,1453) (1790,1451) (1791,1451) (1795,1447) (1795,1445) (1796,1444) (1796,1433) (1795,1432) (1796,1431) (1797,1431) (1798,1430) (1799,1430) (1803,1426) (1803,1425) (1800,1422) (1799,1422) (1797,1420) (1797,1419) (1796,1418) (1796,1417) (1795,1416) (1795,1415) (1794,1414) (1794,1412) (1793,1411) (1793,1410) (1794,1409) (1794,1407) (1795,1406) (1795,1405) (1794,1404) (1794,1402) (1796,1400) (1796,1395) (1795,1394) (1799,1390) (1800,1390) (1800,1389) (1801,1388) (1801,1387) (1803,1385) (1808,1385) (1809,1384) (1810,1384) (1812,1382) (1817,1382) (1822,1377) (1823,1377) (1824,1376) (1825,1376) (1826,1375) (1827,1375) (1828,1374) (1829,1374) (1830,1373) (1831,1374) (1832,1374) (1834,1376) (1834,1377) (1835,1378) (1835,1379) (1843,1379) (1845,1381) (1846,1381) >

Both works.

Here it is the new imagine used to obtain the polygons. I suggest keeping both this and the original one (currently already there) in the NWO folder.

And here it is the full working polygons anyone can already substitute to the already present one inside his own triplea_1_8_0_7/maps/new_world_order folder, to not have the Baleares issue, already:

polygons.txt

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

@cernel,
fixed,
also, it wasn't just sz38, but also sz61, that had issues, so i fixed that too

Re: TripleA 1.8.0.7 Stable Has Been Released

The move to git has caused some issues to creep up for some of our releases.
We will be re-building them and re-releasing 1807 shortly.
thanks for your patience!
- VEQRYN