TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

Rolf Larsson
Here:

AAbug.tsvg
We now have custom dice!

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

-CONTENTS DELETED-
bug report was submitted.  The cause was in the xml.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

captaincrunch
I just want to say every version recently has ran great with no probs. I saw someone else mention the ai for single players in another thread awhile back when I was reading some threads one day.  So far I've only ever lost once in maybe 60 or more games and ya I know you want someone to create a naval ai. After thinking about it, I thought the naval ai may actually be the most important since almost literally everytime a country has a navy, its probably owning in the game (with only an exception with Japan whos far from the war usually). I've already said as soon as you release a final stable version then we should have people tweaking the game ai settings and submitting them into a thread on the forum for people to test out ... kind of an ai challenge to see who can submit the toughest ai. My biggest point though is I think you should develop a naval ai with it being the most strategic priority (insisting on building a fast/cheap navy?)  and the computer ai can figure out the rest since its land ai is respectable (although I own it pretty much everytime but ya the game is still in its early stages). I do remember someone saying that each map could have its own ai file since all maps are different but that sounds a bit cumbersome so at least work out the naval ai and perhaps overall the computer will be a little more challenging.

Keep up the great work and we are  all enjoying ourselves immensely with this game and I promise to buy this game aswell as contribute for your endeavours with much gratitude.

Good luck, have fun, and I love playing this game!

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

Ok, AA guns have always been a bit confusing in the code since we started allowing new aa guns rules.
Previously, to make things easy when I coded the expansion, I had it set so that whichever aa gun was most poweful, would be the aa gun to fire all the shots.

Long term though, that will not work.  So i've redone all the code for firing and selecting casualties.

Here is the new process:

1. any aa that are NOT infinite attacks, and NOT overstack, will fire first individually ((because their power/dicesides might be different [example: radar tech on a german aa gun, in the same territory as an italian aagun without radar, neither is infinite])

2. all aa that have "infinite attacks" will have the one with the highest power/dicesides of them all, fire at whatever aa units have not yet been fired at

3. HOWEVER, if the non-infinite attackers are less powerful than the infinite attacker, then the non-infinite will not fire, and the infinite one will do all the attacks for both groups.
The total number of shots from these first 2 groups can not exceed the number of air units being shot at

4. last, any aa that can overstack will fire after, individually
(an aa guns that is both infinite, and overstacks, ignores the overstack part because that totally doesn't make any sense)

Also, all AA guns with the same "typeAA" (or no typeAA) must have the same diceSides
(otherwise the engine just picks whichever diceSides it wants)

I do not expect to change this process, as it covers all possibilities and combinations.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

i'm going to wait for someone to make me a mac version before i officially announce it

but for anyone really anxious to check it out, here is the next stable version:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA/1_6_1_1/

it will load any savegame made since 1.5.2

Re: TripleA 1.6.1 Unstable released

Zim Xero
Awesome upgrades.  The game notes screen change is the best, and all the bug fixes and prep for future building.  No bugs encountered.  This is going to be a popular stable, i think, even if its short lived.