TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable has been released

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

Zim Xero
yes, the bug is still there with the latest zip and latest svn.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

It seems that any land unit with 2 or more movement, that is also either 'isInfantry' or 'isAirTransportable', automatically is not checked for blitzing.  Probably because the original coder thought they were being land-mech-transported or air transported over those territories.
I can't fix it right now without making already way too confusing code even more confusing and spaghetti-like, so you'll have to find a different solution.
maybe give your 'supplies' unit the 'can not combat move' ability?

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

Zim Xero
well, thanks for looking into it.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

captaincrunch
This post was updated on .
Well I haveto say that this latest version played better. The AI almost won. Infact, the Axis as the AI took Russia in the 2nd round and even achieved Economic Victory around the 4th or 5th round and I thought for sure I was gonna lose but I was fortunate to come back and win when Germany left its capital unguarded and twice U.K. jumped in and captured it. Also, Germany went after Finland/Norway with 14 on 5 instead of recapturing its capital with a 15 on 6 and from there U.K. held onto the German capitol and I was lucky enough to liberate Russia and then finally take Japan in round 24. I don't know if you tweeked the AI but that last match was the toughest the AI has ever played and I wanted to post and commend you. Right now though, The font for the game is huge and even with my screen resolution at like 1400 X1100 or whatever, the font for your game is huge and I can barely fit the Game Options window in my screen but at least I can still see the game ... although I did change my browser font with Advanced Settings so maybe thats why.

Game AI played well though. It did buy lots more artillery and almost beat me had it not left the German capital open twice. I'll try playing the Axis versus the Allies with the AI playing the Allies and see how it goes. I just wondered if you tweeked the game AI because it may have helped.

Much fun and keep up the good work!

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

RogerCooper
captaincrunch wrote
win when Germany left its capital unguarded and twice U.K. jumped in and captured it.
When I play against the AI, I limit myself as follows

1. No amphibious invasions against enemy capitals unless they are islands
2. Always withdraw from combat after 1 round (if possible)
3. Take only 1 country

The AI will never guard Germany properly against a direct Allied attack, so don't do it and have a more interesting game.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

eurofabio
Do you have the save from this game?

I would like to see it.

captaincrunch wrote
Well I haveto say that this latest version played better. The AI almost won. Iinfact, the Axis as the AI took Russia in the 2nd round and even achieved Economic Victory around the 4th or 5th round and I thought for sure I was gonna lose but I was fortunate to come back and win when Germany left its capital unguarded and twice U.K. jumped in and captured it. Also, Germany went after Finland/Norway with 14 on 5 instead of recapturing its capital with a 15 on 6 and from there U.K. held onto the German capitol and I was lucky enough to liberate Russia and then finally take Japan in round 24. I don't know if you tweeked the AI but that last match was the toughest the AI has ever played and I wanted to post and commend you....

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable Parsing

captaincrunch
Roger Cooper thats interesting you do that. I'll guess you find the AI too easy? I also do the same because the hardest AI is always beatable - lost once in maybe 70 or 80 matches. Roger, what I do (and what we started doing for the actual board game to make it more balanced for the Axis was not let Russia buy or move on its very first turn and so its more like the actual WWII scenario with Germany starting the war. Although, it is slightly different for the computer version of this game (I still only play the WWIIClassic map) because I make sure I blow all Russias money on dice - keep restarting game until Russia spends all its money and did not achieve any tech - so it doesn't carry over $$ for its next turn which is basically the same as just letting Germany start if we are playing the board game version). Anyways, that's the only advantage I give the hardest AI (Dynamic) when I play it but I don't do that when I'm playing the Axis ... if I'm the Axis I still let the game AI go first as Russia and yet as I said I've still only ever lost to the hardest AI once and I explained in my post about that game awhile back here on the forum that in that game the AI as Germany on its 2nd turn hit 14 of 16 (approx.) and then took Russia the next round and I never recovered yet funny how the other day on this new version of Axis and Allies Online the game AI held Russia this time for a long time until finally U.K. and U.S.A took Germany and then liberated Russia and then I won in 24 rounds. I agree the game AI doesn't watch ports/waterways but I think the devs believe the Land AI is sufficient to provide a challenge for any map.

Eurofabio, no I just captured Japan and ended the game and closed it sorry. If you find my posts from awhile back I have a couple example screenshots of me beating the game AI fast ... like in 2 rounds and maybe another in 3 rounds. I let Germany go first when I'm playing the Allies (keep restarting until Russia wastes money on tech without achieving any tech). Since the devs have been working on the final stable version of this game I have been suggesting some kind of AI tweek and originally I thought the game AI wasn't buying enough Infantry but then I said perhaps the original heavy purchasing of Artillery by the game AI was better and now (version 1.6.1.4 Stable) the game AI seems to be buying more Artillery again and that has made it much harder to beat.  In the game there's a window called "Change Dynamic AI Settings" so I hope some of you find some good and challenging configurations for us to try! Hope we find more people tweeking the game AI and reporting back on the results!

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable has been released

ubernaut
thanks for all the hard work!

Re: isMarine and Next Stable

The new isMarine property must be set to an integer instead of true or false in the latest svn of tripleA. (April 26th 2013).  This breaks compatility with old save games containing isMarine properties.

Is the next unstable coming out soon, or will it be over a month?  Will the new stable support old games or will they all need to be edited?

Fantastic work by the way.  Can't wait to see the new features used.  How do you code so much every week?  Its almost always bugless as well.

Re: isMarine and Next Stable

All 1.6.1.4 games can be run with 1.7
Anyone who is playing using the SVN version can expect that their games saves will not work week to week.  The SVN is for development purposes.
Once 1.7 is released, everyone using 1.7 will be using the same version of 1.7, so there will never be any compatibility issues.

Re: isMarine and Next Stable

eurofabio
No it won't break compatibility. The way that Veq did, if isMarine is true = unit gets 1 bonus in amphibious attack. If it is false, gets 0.

If it is a number, will get that number.

Zim Xero wrote
The new isMarine property must be set to an integer instead of true or false in the latest svn of tripleA. (April 26th 2013).  This breaks compatility with old save games containing isMarine properties.

Re: svn

SVN error at TripleA startup: (related to one of these or possibly from adding a map to the svn tree)

* Created new delegate, "RandomStartDelegate", which will allow for randomly assigned territories or territories chosen in turn order. (veqryn)

* Fixed problem where territory names that were parseable integers could not allow any territory based conditions. I still recommend territories have a non integer character in them though. (veqryn)

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.7
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: games.strategy.engine.data.GameMap.getTerritories()Ljava/util/Collection;Could not parse:file:/C:/Users/Sam/triplea/workspace/triplea/maps/Pacific_Challenge/games/Pacific_Theater_Solo_Challenge.xml
        at games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment.setUnitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn(UnitAttachment.java:895)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1560)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1463)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:168)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.fullyParseGameData(NewGameChooserEntry.java:56)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.selectGameFile(GameSelectorPanel.java:344)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.access$100(GameSelectorPanel.java:39)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel$2.actionPerformed(GameSelectorPanel.java:163)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
        at org.jvnet.substance.utils.RolloverButtonListener.mouseReleased(RolloverButtonListener.java:111)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:290)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6504)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4860)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:707)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:101)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:666)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:664)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:680)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:678)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:128)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:117)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Error setting property:unitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn cause:games.strategy.engine.data.GameMap.getTerritories()Ljava/util/Collection;
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1567)
[...]

please any time you get any error, before posting about it, do the following:

1. update your SVN copy again.  (you can also do a "cleanup" and/or a "revert" as well)
2. refresh your copy in eclipse (right click on main folder in eclipse, and select refresh)
3. do a clean build (click project menu, click "clean")

I do not have any errors currently, and the game plays just fine.

Re: TripleA 1.6.1.4 Stable has been released

tysax22
So I am trying to implement the placeNoAirCheck delegate in my xml for a new game I'm making, but the air units keep dying at the end of the non combat move. Is that because the air check is at the non combat move, not the placement phase? I'll upload the xml so someone can see if I'm using it right. I tried a couple different ideas of where to change out the normal Place delegate, so we'll see if I was right. :/

Its from line 638 to 694 in the file. wintercontingencygame.xml

Re: svn

Is it possible to support custom sound in jar files using:  getResourceAsStream(...);

in order to access a part of the image file