This post was updated on .
TripleA 22.214.171.124 unstable has been released, download it here,
This is a huge upgrade to triplea, and has been about 8 months in the making.
Notable new features are:
New lobby tools, useful for bung and other admins (wisconsin)
Ability to mute players, or ban them from your hosted games (wisconsin)
New AI, "Dynamix AI", which is much better than moore at land battles (wisconsin)
New AI settings panel in game options, allows you to customize how dynamix plays (wisconsin)
Major fixes to Moore AI (veqryn, wisconsin, squiddaddy)
Custom Dice Sides (veqryn, gansito)
Scrambling, and "isAirBase" (comradeKev)
"Capture Units On Entering Territory" (veqryn)
"isSuicide" units (veqryn)
"isKamikaze" units (veqryn)
"unitPresence" and *PresenceTerritories national objectives (veqryn)
"constructions" units (veqryn)
aa guns atomized (veqryn)
new Low Luck options (veqryn)
"Units May Give Bonus Movement", aka naval and air bases (veqryn)
ww2v2 revised subs bug should be fixed (veqryn)
"Give Units By Territory" (veqryn)
"Battleships repair at beginning of round" and "Two HitPoint Units Require Repair Facilities" (veqryn)
"Unit Placement Restrictions" (veqryn)
Fixed Battle Calc bug (veqryn)
new capture capital rules, and multiple capitals rules (veqryn)
blockades (squid daddy)
customizable support attachments (squid daddy)
customizable triggers (squid daddy)
customizable tech lists (squid daddy)
custom tech costs (comradekev)
fixed bug where can't edit delete units that had been transported (comradekev)
Pact of Steel 1 (tripleelk & others)
Pact of Steel 2 (veqryn)
NWO (ernie bommel & sieg)
Napoleonic Empires (veqryn & lssah)
middle earth 12 player (flanagany & ajmdemen)
Updates to existing maps:
New relief tiles for Great War (pulicat & IL)
New art and vc's for big world (pulicat & veqryn)
Please report any bugs encountered here:
we now have a mac version uploaded, yay! thank u-boat for this.
If you find bugs, I really can't do much about them unless you upload an autosave. It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occured.
Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:
(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\
[They are NOT in program files. They are in a folder in your user account.]
When you are making a post, click the "More Options" button. From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.
I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.
for the prelease of 126.96.36.199,
or for prerelease maps,
go to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/prerelease/
A full change log listed here:
Changes for 188.8.131.52
* Added the new username banning system, which will help a lot on the lobby. Like to ban offensive usernames without necessarily banning the player. (wisconsin)
* Another patch for Dynamix AI (wisconsin)
* Added airfield_disabled.png and harbour_disabled.png for all nations (veqryn)
* Flipped all unit graphics. All axis sea and air point left, while allies point right (except russian air points left). All ground units for a country point same direction, left for japan and russia, right for everyone else. Non-combat units and aaGuns do not point any direction, or are same for all nations. (veqryn)
* Fixed Neutrals charge to work properly, without java errors, if the neutral is attacked and there is a battle. Will now display a message in history panel if there is not enough PUs to remove. (veqryn)
* Determine if units are 'disabled' and display a unique icon for them (ComradeKev)
* Initial work on Scrambling aircraft (ComradeKev)
* Fixed bug in StrongAI/MooreAI where it would never attack a player if it lost too much TUV, and the TUV calc thought the enemy had zero TUV. Also fixed bug where it calced for the offensive value of walk in territories, instead of defensive value. (veqryn)
* Added a global property, "Capture Units On Entering Territory", which if true allows units to be captured instead of fighting. (veqryn)
* Added new player attachment, captureUnitOnEnteringBy, which will allow this player to let some of the units be captured when a territory is taken over. (veqryn)
* Added new territory attachment, captureUnitOnEnteringBy, which will allow units in the territory to be taken when the territory is captured. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, canBeCapturedOnEnteringBy, which will allow a unit to be taken when the territory is captured. (veqryn)
* Changed Strategic Bombing to account for isSuicide units. Now isSuicide units will also die if they strategic bomb something. (veqryn)
* Fixed error unit display of unit graphics, where things that were _hit needed _it on the end instead of front, sometimes resulting in needing _it_hit_it, etc. (veqryn)
* Fixed null pointer in game data getNeighbors match. (veqryn)
* Updating default maps to use latest properties. (veqryn)
* Rewrote entire RulesAttachment.java so that territory conditions could use "count" with options like "original", "controlled", etc. (veqryn)
* Added new rule property option, "map", for use with Presence and Exclusion conditions. If used, it will return the entire map's territories. (veqryn)
* Made it so that jet power technology and super subs technology no longer affect units with zero attack and zero defense. (veqryn)
* Completely re-wrote checkUnitExclusions and Made unitPresence work with directExcludedTerritories, alliedExclusionTerritories, enemyExclusionTerritories, enemySurfaceExclusionTerritories. (veqryn)
* Added new rule property and condition/objective, "directExcludedTerritories", which applies to the attached player. (veqryn)
* Added new rule property and condition/objective, "unitPresence", as well as "directPresenceTerritories", "alliedPresenceTerritories", and "enemyPresenceTerritories".
unitPresence is a unit and count for that unit, which must be used with a presence territories to determine if there are those units in those territories or not. (veqryn)
* Added new trigger option, "conditionType", which can be set to AND, OR, XOR. This option defines the relationship conditions in a trigger must have, when there is more than 1 condition in the trigger. (veqryn)
* Fixed bug in triggers where an inverted trigger would activate when it should not, when one condition was false but another true. (veqryn)
* Added the ability for any construction of type ending in "structure" not to be changed by setting global values for unlimited/more constructions. Also fixed issue with submarine suicide units able to attack aircraft. (veqryn)
* Updating UnitImageFactory to not rely on hardcoded unit names. Now any unit with isAA unit attachment will require _r and _rockets and _rockets_r IF you have those technologies. Same applied for new aa gun rules and factories. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, isRocket, which will turn the unit into a rocket when the player has the rocket technology, without the unit being an AA gun.
If the unit is named exactly "aaGun" then it will require an image called "rockets". If the unit is named anything else, then it will require an image with "_rockets" appended to its original name. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, isAAmovement, which when true the unit will follow the rules specified for movement of an AA gun, even if it is not an AA gun, or is a special kind of AA gun. (veqryn)
* Fixed issue where battle calc calls with AA units was generating divide by zero. (veqryn)
* Fixed bug where battles never ended between units with zero attack/defense power. (veqryn)
* Added new menu option during a game, "Roll Dice...", in the "Game" drop down menu. It allows a player to roll as many dice, with any dice sides, that they want, independant from playing the game. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachments, <option name="isAAforCombatOnly" value="true"/> and <option name="isAAforBombingThisUnitOnly" value="true"/>, allow units to be AA guns for only certain attack types. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachments, <option name="attackAAmaxDieSides" value="6"/> and <option name="attackAA" value="1"/>, which allow you to independently set the attack values and max dice sides for AA units. Radar Tech changed to add "1" to the attack values.
Attack values, including radar, may never go above half of the max dice sides. All attack values (with and without radar) should divide into diceSides without any remainder, otherwise the players will get errors during LowLuck. (veqryn)
* Fixed a bug where a player with both Mechanized Infantry and Paratroopers technology could no longer do any mechanized infantry movement because the validator was checking for paratroopers first. (veqryn)
* Created Low Luck for Strategic Bombing and Rockets. New global property, "Low Luck for Bombing and Territory Damage", and new Unit Attachments, bombingMaxDieSides and bombingBonus. Can be used to set different values for strategic bombing and rocket attacks, separate from the rest of the game. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, <option name="givesMovement" value="1:fighter"/>, and global property, "Units May Give Bonus Movement", which allow units to give movement to other units. (veqryn)
* Fixed edit mode to allow changing ownership of sea territories, so long as it is not un-owned. (veqryn)
* Fixed convoy zone movement validation, and created new global property to manage it: "Naval Units May Not NonCombat Move Into Controlled Sea Zones". Previously was disallowing moves into convoy zones during non-combat, and was marking transported land units as having been in battle. (veqryn)
* Updates to Pact of Steel 2, so that Japanese make use of isKamikaze and isSuicide. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, isKamikaze, which will allow an air unit to use up all of its movement to go to a battle, if it wants to. (veqryn)
* Fix for bug 3052260, Ww2v2 revised subs should now roll dice correctly, instead of dying prematurely in cases where the enemy has a destroyer. (veqryn)
* Fixed suicide units combat to take into account subs and destroyers. Follows relatively simple rules compared with normal combat. (veqryn)
* Created new global property, "Defending Suicide and Munition Units Do Not Fire", which when true will stop defending suicide units from acting like suicide units: dying first round, shooting before everyone else.
So if true, defending suicide units act like normal units, however they still can not be taken casualty to attacks by other suicide units. (veqryn)
* Fixed various matches and places in the code to do with non-combat units, so that they will now also include isInfrastructure. (veqryn)
* Finished work on isSuicide, and also created new game property, "Suicide and Munition Casualties Restricted", which stops casualties from returning fire if true.
Please be aware that the the code in MustFightBattle for these two new features needs to be double checked, especially for multiplayer games. (veqryn)
* Beginning work on unit attachment "isSuicide", which will allow a unit to die at the beginning of combat. (veqryn)
* Changed "isInfrastructure" to NOT be bombable. Made it so that "canBeDamaged" is now the switch to make something bombable. (veqryn)
* Changed "isInfrastructure" to be captured when taken. isInfrastructure will now be used in place of the planned 'isNonCombat'. (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, destroyedWhenCapturedBy, which is a list of players who would destroy a unit rather than capture it. New global property to activate it, "Units Can Be Destroyed Instead Of Captured". (veqryn)
* Added new unit attachment, maxBuiltPerPlayer, which limits the number of a unittype that can be built for each player. (veqryn)
* Added history entries for many triggers. (veqryn)
* Updated ui and utilities to allow islands to be selectable if they are inside a sea zone that ends or begins with "Sea Zone". Previously only allowed water territories to end with, not begin with "Sea Zone". (veqryn)
* Updated giveUnits and takeUnits to not throw Java errors for older maps. Not backwards compatible, just ignore it if true or false. (veqryn)
* Dice change: now allows max dice sides to be set in the xml, <diceSides value="6"/>. Defaults to 6 if not present. Can be any number between 1 and 200. This will allow many new types of games to be made. (veqryn and gansito)
* Bug fix in Trigger Attachments Tech change, was disqualifying techs based on attached player instead of aPlayer. (veqryn)
* Redid canBeGivenByTerritoryTo unit attachment to be a colon delimited list of players, who are the players this unit can be given to. Also added a missing toString. (veqryn)
* Completely redid giveUnitControl to be flexible. giveUnitControl and changeUnitOwners are now lists of players to give to, and a new unit attachment, canBeGivenByTerritory, and a new global property, "Give Units By Territory".
takeUnitControl is deleted since no longer needed. This will break compatibility with 2 maps, but I have already updated them, so users just have to update their maps after the next version comes out. (veqryn, with some inspiration from rolflarsson)
* New game property, "Triggered Victory", and new trigger option, "victory" value = victory message. Can be based on any condition. (veqryn)
* Dynamix AI patch, various small improvements and logic fixes. (wisconsin)
* New game property, "Low Luck for Technology", which will apply low luck rules to rolling for tech. (veqryn)
* Dynamix AI logging patch, should make logs easier to read. (wisconsin)
* Completely re-wrote NoPuDelegate, and re-wrote the Rules Attachment for productionPerXTerritories. Now looks like: <option name="productionPerXTerritories" value="infantry" count="2"/>, and you can have multiple instances of this. (veqryn)
* Small bug fix for Support attachments (squiddaddy), and a bug fix for the new placement logic. (veqryn)
* Dynamix AI patch, adding more features and improving some logic. (wisconsin)
* New Repair options. New unit attachment: <option name="repairsUnits" value="battleship:bunker"/> will cause the attached unit to repair units in the list. New game properties: "Battleships repair at beginning of round" and "Two HitPoint Units Require Repair Facilities". (veqryn)
* Created 2 new autosaves: autosave_round_even and autosave_round_odd, which will autosave at the beginning of each round. Provides only the last 2 rounds in order to keep file spam to a minimum. (veqryn)
* New Carrier-Fighter interleaver for AI casualty selection. Another patch for Dynamix AI. (wisconsin)
* Fixed bug where the NoPuPurchase delegate was calling the normal Purchase delegate if the player had PUs left over, Resulting in the player getting multiple purchase screens. (veqryn)
* New game property, "Unit Placement Restrictions", and new Unit Attachment option, <option name="unitPlacementRestrictions" value="territory1:territory2"/>, prevent a unit or units from being placed in any given territory. (veqryn)
* Beginning work on Unit Placement Restrictions. (veqryn)
* Moore AI's casualty picking fixed to work with all maps, not just ww2vX maps. (veqryn)
* Caching of game data to speed up dynamix ai and multiple battle calcing in one turn. And another patch for Dynamix AI. (wisconsin)
* Added new method for Moore AI to move unused transports back to factories. (wisconsin)
* Fix for Moore AI moving units towards capitals already conquered, and not letting units leave once they get there. (wisconsin)
* Fix for Null Pointer error in Moore AI's factory movement. (veqryn)
* Fix for Null Pointer error in Moore AI's movePlanesHomeNonCom. (veqryn)
* Fix for Moore AI's horrible purchasing of transportable land units, which often resulted in the purchase of no land units. This also fixes the 'moore ai buying too many sea transports' issue. (veqryn)
* Added new method for Moore AI to move landlocked units to coastal territories if amphibious (wisconsin), and fixed the purchasing of Transports to purchase land when needed and transports when needed, hopefully without over-purchasing either. (veqryn)
* Added new option for alliedExclusionTerritories: "controlledNoWater", which will not count water or impassible territories. (veqryn)
* Major patch for Dynamix AI. Updated battle calc to cache sorted casualty lists. (wisconsin)
* Created a map skin for Middle Earth based on the alterate relief tiles. (veqryn)
* Added Middle Earth 12 player map, thanks to original creators: (flanagany & ajmdemen)
* Balancing changes to Napoleonic Empires, removed a connection, added fortress to majorca, removed tower from catalonia, changed two fortresses in candia into chasseurs. (veqryn)
* Fixed battle calc to show correct results in battles where artillery and supportables had same attack power. (veqryn)
* Changed default casualty picker to choose optimal casualties based on artillery and supportability. (veqryn)
* Added relief tiles to Pact of Steel. (conarymor)
* Fixed a bug where Undo-ing the placement of a factory, to a territory that already had a factory, under ww2v3 isSBRAffectsUnitProduction rules, caused max damage to be done to the original factory. (veqryn)
* Completely re-wrote isConstructions to be completely customizable. Factories now count as constructions when being placed, eliminating placement code specifically for factories.
New properties for isConstructions: "constructionType" is a string identifying what kind of construction it order to determine stacking, "constructionsPerTerrPerTypePerTurn" and "maxConstructionsPerTypePerTerr" to limit placement.
Created a new property called "More Constructions with Factory" as the counterpart to the without factory version. isConstructions can be any unit, factory, aaGun, airfield, infantry, land unit, etc. (veqryn)
* Some work on completely rewriting isConstructions. (veqryn)
* Another patch for Dynamix AI. (wisconsin)
* Major patch for Dynamix AI, including new settings window to customize in-game certain variables the AI uses. (Wisconsin)
* Fix for serializing and techs java error. (squid daddy)
* Added Napoleonic Empires, a beautiful map created by Veqryn and Lssah. Updated to use triggers and combat transports. (veqryn & lssah)
* Fix for support/triggers/rules java error. (squid daddy)
* New player attachments, "destroysPUs", which when set for a player means that player destroys their PUs rather than let them be captured. (veqryn)
* New player attachments to deal with multiple capitals, "retainCapitalNumber" and "retainCapitalProduceNumber", which be set to the number of capitals need to lose money and gain/spend it respectively. (veqryn)
* New player rule, "maxPlacePerTerritory", overrides both factory rules and infinite placement. Also fixed a bug in isCombatTransport that stopped the casualty picker from choosing it. (veqryn)
* Fixed bunker placement validation to work properly. No longer able to place infinite units by creative clicking orders. Also fixed a bug that allowed infinite placement. (veqryn)
* Bunker rules allowed by new unit property, isConstruction, and new game properties for it (crystalct), heavily modified and bugs fixed, with updated NWO and POS2. (veqryn)
* Updating Pact of Steel 2, to take advantage of latest technology list abilities. (veqryn)
* Patch for technology lists, to allow creation of new technologies and renaming of old ones. Allows adding new technologies by trigger. (squid daddy)
* Created two new properties for map.properties, "map.showConvoyNames=true" and "map.useNation_convoyFlags=true". If useNation_convoyFlags is true, the flags folder of a game must have "<nation_name>_convoy.png" for each nation with convoys. Convoy names can be moved in name_place.txt (veqryn)
* Increasing Max Memory to 512mb for linux/mac/windows, and to 192mb for the server. (veqryn)
* New Property, "Low Luck for AntiAircraft", will turn on Low Luck only for Anti Aircraft shots. (veqryn)
* Allowed blockade and convoy images to be moved with 2 new txt files: "blockade.txt" and "convoy.txt". Also fixed bug where a convoy zone that was occupied territory displayed the wrong owner, and the bug where a convoy route was displayed as a convoy zone. (veqryn)
* Added images to be displayed for Blockades. Default image is "blockade.png" in the misc folder of a map. (veqryn)
* Added new unit property, "isCombatTransport", which allows a transport to fight, be taken casualty, and not allow enemies to move through it, under ww2v3 rules. (veqryn)
* Added new property, "Multiply PUs", which will multiply all PUs gained or lost during a turn, but not yet multiply costs of units, repairs, or starting PUs. (squid daddy)
* Added Technology Frontiers, and ability to customize which tech is available to which player. (squid daddy)
* Changed Pact of Steel 2 to take advantage of new Tech choosing attachments. (veqryn)
* Added a new About... dialog box to main screen. Shows TripleA, engine version, authors, website, as well as a short how-to-play. (veqryn)
* Added a new AI, Dynamix AI, a scripted AI that seeks to be properly coded and easy to understand, as well as solving all problems in moore ai. (wisconsin)
* Added some flags made by Veqryn, and some by Pulicat. Added "airfield" and "harbour" unit images to all nations, thanks to Hepster. (veqryn)
* Created Pact of Steel 2, a mod of pos that runs on ww2v3 rules but with drastic changes. Designed to show off every single feature TripleA has to offer on customizing maps.
Includes detailed notes on each any every property, option, attachment that exists in triplea. Can be used as an example by future map makers on what everything should look like when it works. (veqryn)
* Added Pact Of Steel map to triplea, thanks to makers: TripleElk and others. Also fixed baseTiles, updated to current engine. (tripleelk, veqryn)
* Added New World Order map to triplea, thanks to makers: Sieg, ErnieBommel, and others. Also updated to remove special characters from name and files, and updated to take advantage of Triggers. (sieg & erniebommel, veqryn)
* Deleted unused uncoded game Properties. (veqryn)
* Made "LHTR Carrier production rules" completely over-ride the other 4 carrier-fighter properties, that way it is finaly a single switch toggle for the rules-set. (veqryn)
* Small bug in triggers, production changes were always occuring no matter what, missing brackets. (veqryn)
* Further updates to Trigger Attachments and Support attachments, as well as creating a new property to turn triggers on and off, defaults to false: "Use Triggers". (squid daddy)
* Bug fix in alliedOwnership and directOwnership NatObj's use of original and enemy, was returning a list of territories that did not exist. (veqryn)
* Trigger Attachment and Rules Attachment updates. (squid daddy)
* Added isLandTransport to support moving isInfantry land units using Mechanized Infantry tech, now separated from canBlitz and isMarine. (veqryn)
* Minor Updates to Big World and Great War, updates for bugs in the xml as well as small balancing changes. (veqryn)
* Added Purchases to the Trigger Attachment. (squid daddy)
* Fixed giving technology to be actually random, as previously when the list was smaller than 6, some techs had a higher chance of getting picked than others. (squid daddy)
* Changing LHTR Heavy Bombers with Low Luck to give strength+1 instead of 2*strength for attacks, maxing out at max_dice. (squid daddy)
* Triggered Rule Changes patch added. (squid daddy)
* Lobby Moderator Enhancement patch added. (wisconsin)
* Moore AI fix to Rank Territories, was considering islands as being closer to enemy capitols than other territories with a land route. Also much improved the defense of transports and trasporting locations. (veqryn)
* Moore AI improvement: created a new method so that the AI will attempt to defend the beginning and end of its transport chain. (veqryn)
* Fixed a null pointer errors in Moore AI's rank territories method. (veqryn)
* Combined isTerritoryEnemyAndNotNuetralWater AND isTerritoryEnemyAndNotNeutral INTO isTerritoryEnemyAndNotUnownedWaterOrImpassibleOrRestricted. (veqryn)
* New Territory Attachment, blockadeZone, and Unit Attachment, blockade = value, will allow sea units to blockade territories. (squid daddy)
* national objectives addition of 'uses' and 'atWarPlayers'. Still needs some work on atWar. (squid daddy)
* directOwnershipTerritories National Objective added, ownership by an ally doesn't count. (astabada/franz)
* Enhanced Combat Support attachments. (squid daddy)
* Moore AI purchases tweaking and speeding up. Will no longer consider for purchasing units with zero movement, units with 3 or more attack than defense or defense than attack,
and units with zero defense, and sea units with 1 movement, if there are 2 movement sea units available. Also now records when it purchases transports in getDidPurchaseTransports(). (veqryn)
* Null Pointer Exception fix in StrongAI transporting. (veqryn)
* Moore AI fixes for previous update. (veqryn)
* Create new CompositeRouteFinder.java, which will find a route based on 3 territory composite matches. (wisconsin)
* Moore AI fixed several of the reasons why ai can't seem to transport units intelligently or at all. Also made it buy more transports if it needs them. Added new matches and renamed findCertainShips to findTersWithUnitsMatching. (wisconsin)
* Moore AI out of bounds exception fixed in SUtils.removeUnit(). (veqryn)
* Moore AI speed fix, and added combined getNeighbors() to GameMap.java. Moore AI now as additional logging properties, comments, and several methods updated to work much faster. (squidbait)
* New Unit Option: "isAirBase" allows units to scramble to combat (ComradeKev)
* New Unit Option: "maxOperationalDamage" sets max damage to be sustained before unit is disabled (ComradeKev)
* New Unit Option: "maxDamage" sets total max damage for a unit (ComradeKev)
* New Unit Option: "isInfrastructure" infrastructure units can be bombed (ComradeKev)
* New Unit Option: "isCombatInfrastructure" units can be bombed or taken as casualties in regular combat (ComradeKev)
* New Property: "Display Units as Counters" (COUNTERS_DISPLAY), will make stacks out of units up to a certain amount. (Edwin van der Wal)
* Moore AI SUtils fix, findNearest() and distanceToEnemy() completely re-written to be much faster. (squidbait)
* Moore AI and Easy AI repair rules fix, will now repair intelligently, and never under repair at all, or over repair by more than a couple pu's. (veqryn)
* Moore AI fixed a bug in SUtils.distanceToEnemy() so that it will return the minimum distance, rather than the first distance it finds. (squidbait)
* Moore AI will now move factories if they can move them and there is more than 1 in a territory (veqryn), and some non-combat fixes and logging (squidbait)
* Moore AI will now bid single units to territories, and bid to all it territories before cycling over to bid to the first one again. Starts with territories touching the enemy. Also fixed a bug in SUtils.distanceToEnemy(). (veqryn)
* MustFightBattle was removing all movement from all units (including air) that stopped to kill an undefended transport, and should not remove movement of air units. (veqryn)
* Moore AI and Weak AI fixes, they were not repairing any factories when they had multiple damaged factories. Both will now repair correctly, and limit repairs to half of total PUs, and limit individual factories to a repair of one quarter total PUs. (veqryn)
* Moore AI fixes, will now return immediately if it has nothing to do for moves and purchasing (wisconsin), and will now repair damaged factories correctly (veqryn).
* Moore AI major fix, was considering defender's attack values instead of defense values under some circumstances. Formula to remove casualty units was returning the list as is without properly sorting first,
and was saying that anything with zero attack value has zero rolls in any battles, even if defending. Removed zero-movement units from combat-movement considerations. Also added a debug logger to moore ai properties. (veqryn)
* Moore AI major fix, was disqualifying all land units from attacking when those land units did not have artillery, isInfantry, or blitz. Much improved performance on 270BC. (veqryn)
* Moore AI SUtils getExactNeighbors() fix, was returning incorrect data for any distance greater than 2. (veqryn)
* Moore AI logic fix, calculations for taking enemy capitol with allied help included owned strength when looking at allied strength, also
getExactNeighbors was returning incorrect data by not fully removing previous iterations (getExactNeighbors still returns incorrect data if distance > 2). (squidbait)
* Easy AI major fix, was considering all water territories on the map in the list of territories to attack with land units. (veqryn)
* Easy AI will now purchase units for bid, however it will only purchase land units, and only place them in the capitol. (veqryn)
* Easy AI bug fix, was purchasing zero units when it had to repair a factory and also had at least 1 other factory with no repairs. Also fixed AI not using all of its money when it had enough left to buy one more unit. (veqryn)
* Fixed Moore AI not puchasing anything when it has placeanywhere rules and no factories, and fixed it placing everything inside a capitol which is impassable (bug 2965154),
and fixed a list which was growing indefinitely each round with duplicates, the AI will no longer place in any impassible territory, the AI will not attempt to place factories in territories just conquered,
and also made further tweaks to the AI (veqryn).
* More work on Moore AI's purchasing and placing. Will now sort territories into a list which represents both production ability and closeness to enemy.
AI is now discouraged from buying submarines. And AI will now attempt to buy a factory if it has no factories. (veqryn)
* Added a swap sides button to the battle calculator, corrected a misspelled class, and reduced default calcs from 5000 to 3000 (dav_eagle)
* Moore AI purchase fixes. AI was buying factories then trying to place them in water. When rich it was purchasing only the cheapest unit (bug 2989178),
and even when it was supposed to it was not buying any factories. Tried to purchase all air way too often. Was attempting to place factories it did not have.
Was purchasing specialty units like walls, bunkers, and mortars, way too often. Was not buying factories if the enemy had any units within 3 territories of potential factory territory.
And lots of small tweaks to purchasing algorithm to allow moore ai to work for more maps other than ww2v3, especially bigger maps. (veqryn)
* Moore AI logic fix, will now attack alone transports correctly, and some small tweaks (veqryn & wisconsin)
* Moore AI logic fixes, including amphibious attacks, and clearing of data in loops (squidbait)
* Small balancing change to minimap. Russians -6 PUs, Italians +9 PUs. (veqryn)
* MoveValidator fix, was returning true if route contained subs/trans in part of route, and surface warships in another part of route. (squidbait)
* logic bug fix for easy ai: it was checking for the att value for def units in territories to walk into. (veqryn)
* logic bug fix for the weak/easy ai, so that it will not try to move zero movement units. (daral)
* logic bug fix for the moore ai, which tries to move units out of range. (wisconsin)
* Adding a browser launcher utility that works with java 5 and 6. (Veqryn)
* Adding buttons to the map download dialog, as well as the lobby menu, that when clicked open a web browser to the
triplea sourceforge web page for threads on how to download maps, how to host games, and how to report bugs. (veqryn & bung)
* Allowing any country name which begins in "AI" to be automatically set to be AI (in addition to "Neutral"). (veqryn)
* Added a few new properties to start to support next gen engine (ComradeKev)
* limit status message length and remove combining characters (sgb)
* better server side INode validation (sgb)
* fix null pointer when selecting various air transport loads (ComradeKev)
* Added Great War reliefs (Pulicat)
* Updated BigWorld game (Veqryn, Uboat, Pulicat, and others)
* fix part of bug 3012752 - unitSupportCount not working (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 3081799 air units capable of landing on land included in carrier landing calculations (ComradeKev)
* add SELECTABLE_ZERO_MOVEMENT_UNITS property support (Veqryn)
* fix bug 3043828 pending sea battles with transports causes crash (ComradeKev)
* set attacking units' movement to 0 when they stop to kill undefended units (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 3007142 Carriers that are also transports (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 3028106 fighter landing bug (ComradeKev)
* another fix for 2998846 & 3012752 Kamikaze fighters and unloaded troop edit-removal (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2998846 kamikaze aircraft not working (ComradeKev)
* add isAirTransport(able) to support air dropping units, now separated from isStrategicBomber (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2994004 air landing on newly produced carrier in multi-national SZ disappears (ComradeKev)
* feature request (2799840) add tech tokens to status tab (ComradeKev)
* update .ico and .png icons (veqryn)
* feature request add dialog showing results of War Bonds (ComradeKev)
* fixed load of PacificTest.java (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2987400 remove ww2v2 from isNavalBombardCasualtiesReturnFire calculations (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2981507 isNeutralsImpassable not considered for air non-combat movement (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2975757 paratroops walking on water with movement >1 (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2986683 add bombard property to control bombarding attack power (ComradeKev)
* feature 2802942 artillery supporting >1 inf, defaults to 1 (ComradeKev)
* feature 2969513 configurable tech roll cost by player, defaults to 5 (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2979946 AA Always On only recording last territory casualties (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2983390 continued battles (subs) not fought when transport bridge used (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2981407 Can't edit-remove transported units (ComradeKev)
* fix bug 2827064 unload/load trn bug (ComradeKev)
* fix type in battle screen (Bung)
* update cruiser and Italian infantry (veqryn, crystalct)
The author has deleted this message.
This post was updated on .
i'm really happy with the Triggers by Squid and the new AI by Wisconsin.
Wisconsin has put a ton of work into his AI, and he deserves a big round of applause!
AI's are a ridiculous amount of work, and are hugely complex.
i get an error kinda randomly, its saiz something bout java.net.socketexeption: connection reset, and then a whole list of unkown sources
Can you copy and paste the error here or to the bug tracker?
i think it is the same one as what I get. It is related to having a .gif image in the NWO game notes.
i guess I'll just remove the .gif image for next version.
also, this bug will not affect anything at all, you can keep playing / using triplea if it comes up.
no tried to copy and paste it, but i cant click on the error window for some reason, all i can do is close it
duno what the bugtracker is.
forgot to mention GOOD JOB btw:) i see you guys have been verry bizzy.
Looking forward to the Mac version!
Awww... this new AI does nothing at sea!
Congratulations! Very good Job!
All those new features add to the strategical experience. Custom Dice! I love them. New Dynamix AI is very good and Moore AI even better, Triggers and Custom Tech...
Triplea was a great before, but with this version it becomes overwhelming. Now the description "TripleA is a turn based strategy game" is much more convincing Imo. Thanks.
We now have custom dice!
This post was updated on .
Playing Empires on 1.3 ,so far its cool but im having some issues
Played as Britain and its allies thefirst game, liked the aggressive AI but had a few glitches with my marines as Britain.i would move a fleet with marines in the Med and next move the ships would move but they would "strand" the marines in the water :( (this happened 2 times) but othwerwise it seemed OK
But when i played France and its allies the next game France couldnt build towers or forts and then when England AI turn comes up i get an error and game quits
(keeps happening ...cant play France and company)
Exception in thread "Triplea start local thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Hope this helps:)
(EDIT)P.S. in the game list on 1.3 there are 2 copies of empires in my list of games,maybe one is conflicting with the other??
(EDIT2) didnt realise that the towers and forts couldnt be bought round 1 so thats fine
the marine stranded in the water issue seems to happen when you attack an opposing fleet leaving your marines on them without unloading them
Set phasers to KILL!!!
Simple Big War 1942. Got through 2 rounds, and when I took Great Britain, this showed up as soon as it was their turn.
EDIT: after 'control-c'ing the error message, this looks a lot bigger than what was in the box. Possible I copied it wrong? But I will update this post with it when it happens again. It is a game ending message as I cannot continue to play afterwards. It returns me to the main menu.
Exception in thread "Triplea start local thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.class.path C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\bin\triplea.jar
java.endorsed.dirs C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\endorsed
java.ext.dirs C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
java.home C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre
java.library.path C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\bin;.;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;c:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\bin
java.runtime.name Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
java.specification.name Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.info mixed mode
java.vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
java.vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
os.name Windows Vista
sun.boot.class.path C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\classes
sun.boot.library.path C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA\triplea_1_3_0_0\jre\bin
sun.cpu.isalist pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86
sun.management.compiler HotSpot Client Compiler
user.dir C:\Program Files (x86)\TripleA
locked on:java.lang.Object@d7dbad locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.Object@19753e8 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.Object@5bab3 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.Object@246cf7 locked owned by:<-1,null>
thread<33,Tile Image Factory Soft Reference Reclaimer>
locked on:java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock@16e0bcd locked owned by:<-1,null>
thread<32,Java Sound Event Dispatcher>
locked on:com.sun.media.sound.EventDispatcher@1c8de36 locked owned by:<-1,null>
thread<30,Map panel background drawer>
locked on:java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@74c6d0 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:javax.swing.TimerQueue@a88d34 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject@1ce783d locked owned by:<-1,null>
thread<16,Console std out reader>
locked on:java.lang.Object@3814b3 locked owned by:<-1,null>
thread<15,Console std err reader>
locked on:java.lang.Object@1d70b79 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.Object@1326824 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock@5331d8 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue$Lock@1ed9270 locked owned by:<-1,null>
locked on:java.lang.ref.Reference$Lock@2936a0 locked owned by:<-1,null>
So I've played 5 or 6 different games, and have recieved that same error message on 2 of them. The next thing, is when I don't have the 'Total Victory' box checkmarked, it will give me a message that I have actually achieved the Total Victory, and will ask me if I would like to continue. I hit yes, and it still did not let the game progress.
It seems as though it is forcing me to quit after Total Victory anyways, even when I don't have any victory conditions checkmarked.
Your link is still pointing to 184.108.40.206. version.
In reply to this post by KirK
There appear to be some errors with Dynamix, and I'm sure Wisconsin will take care for them,
As for the other errors, I'll have a look.
I too noticed the marines standing in water issue.... that really sucks.
roger, not sure which link you are talking about, but all of them point to 1.3... try refreshing your browser.
also, kirk, I forgot to bump the version number of the new napoleonic. However, it will not conflict with the new napoleonic, because the folders have different names
In reply to this post by JackoDaddy5
Jack, can you give me save games of right before the error? Simple to do, just upload the autosave here, after you get the error.
I'll see what I can do. Definately don't know how to upload the save off the top of my head, but I'll try it out:)
so your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:
(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\
[They are NOT in program files. They are in a folder in your user account.]
Next, when you are making a post, click the "More Options" button. From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.
Any E.T.A. on the MAC dmg for 1.3?
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|