TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Kastagir
I've run into some odd AI behavior that doesn't seem consistent with the warnings/suggestions made in this and previous release threads.

I have created a mod of the NWO map that sets up Spain and other neutral powers (Turkey, Norway, etc.) as autonomous powers, following the same rules that China uses in WW2v3.  This means that they don't collect money and produce units depending on how many territories they own.  However, if I give Spain an EarlyFighter in Madrid, it never uses it.  It will send infantry to attack any territories that have been captured, but it never uses the EarlyFighter.  Germany has no problem using its air units when controlled by the Moore AI, but these neutral powers don't use them.  Any suggestions on what might be going on?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

only thing I know is that the AI will not buy low range bombers if long range bombers exist.

I have a question on conditions and triggers: Is it possible to give a percentage chance or a x in d6
chance for an event to occur?  In Greyhawk Cataclysm, I'd like to add a 1 in 6 chance of winning a rogue,wizard, or guardian whenever a dungeon is cleared the first time.  I would just trigger it to be placed at the dungeon site... but it is too big of a reward without scaling it by chance.

Also, the game desperately needs a way to trigger the display of messages in a message box.... to queue players that an event has occurred.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

notifications already work for the next version.

we'll think about making a % chance a condition in the future

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

DogSpoon
I think there might be a bug, but maybe I'm just not familiar with the revised rules

Getting Industrial Technology doesn't reduce the cost of land units, and some of the more expensive units are reduced by more than 1 PU.
It happens consistently across engine 1.2.1.0, 1.3.2.2, and 1.4.0.0 when using WWII revised 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 maps, which is why I think it might actually be intentional.

I've looked everywhere for some explanation, but I can't find anything. Is this the intended behavior that just isn't reflected in the wiki rulebook?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

eurofabio
"industrialTechnology replaces a users production frontier with one called productionIndustrialTechnology"

Have you checked this new production frontier?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

DogSpoon
Just checked. It's in ww2v2.xml; all the numbers there match up with the Industrial Technology prices in the game. So that's an easy enough fix, I suppose, but is there a reason why the prices for Industrial Technology were set the way they were? There must be some discussion I missed about game balance or something

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

eurofabio
I can't see a good reason. Maybe someone just copied the old production rules, so you can use the industrial  technology without crash the game (not sure what happens if you have the industrial technology but not the production, but I think the game will crash).

Or maybe is just a matter of balance (I don't know the map sorry).

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Zim Xero
I think its so you can tailor multiple technologies which reduce the costs of different units.  A game can have industrial production lower the price of all land units except infantry, and have a different tech which lowers naval costs, and another for air, and maybe even another just for infantry.  Anything is possible.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

i know the industrial tech is supposed to reduce prices

but i don't know what it is supposed to reduce prices to

i think industrial tech is a house rule anyway.... cus its not in any of my rulebooks....

my opinion: reducing the price of land units is unbalanced.  infantry at 2 PUs is ridiculous!  if you are going to reduce prices, reduce the price of everything except for land units, and reduce by a Percentage, not a flat rate.  (reducing the price of a fighter from 10 to 9 is a whole lot better than the price of a battleship from 24 to 23).

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

DogSpoon
It looks like it was removed from A&A in the first revision of the rules from Wizards of the Coast for exactly that reason.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/article/ah20040109a

The TripleA WWII Revised game uses the WOTC revised map, so I'm not sure why it's maker chose to keep the Industrial Technology, although the prices have apparently been tweaked to address balance concerns. Those tweaks just aren't reflected in the wikibook

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/TripleA#Industrial_Technology

Perhaps I should edit it. :)

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

theting
I believe I found a bug here : in the joined game, one can see taht during US3, two fighters made a 4 spaces move from W. US to sz12, joining an empty CV. Then, they were able to move again together with the CV, making a total of a 6 space move...

YoshiAx-AmonSulAll-WC-AA50-41-Q1.tsvg

Yoshi, just pointing out.
123