TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

diffsky
Veqryn wrote
Maps were updated on July 9th, so please redownload your maps if you haven't
already (especially any ww2v3 style maps)  (repairing and some techs won't
work unless you redownload your maps)
Is there a definitive list of the maps that have been updated to work with 1.3.x?
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

you can't edit a tsvg file, as that would allow cheating.

best advice is to update your maps, and make sure your opponent updates his maps too.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/changes-needed-to-existing-maps-tp6352220p6365709.html

that is a list of all the maps updated, and all the maps not yet updated.

basically, all maps are updated except for some custom maps like Bas's series of maps.

Cool, that all makes sense, thank you
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Limo
Hi, it seems that (at least on WWII v3 1941) you can't repair the ICs.
Do you confirm?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

lima,

redownload your maps

the coding of repairing in the maps has been changed, so all maps were updated several months ago

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Limo
Ok, thanks!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Kastagir
This post was updated on .
I know about neutralsCharge, but is it possible to create a "neutral" power (friendly to one or more alliances) and charge players a number of PUs when they have units in the territory?  For example, I was thinking of adding Azores to a NWO-style map, but instead of putting neutral units there so it has to be captured through combat, make it a neutral, but friendly power (with no turn phases) and charge anyone that places units (such as landing planes) there.  This is similar to the old Axis & Allies (pre-revised) board game, where flying over neutral territories like Spain would incur an immediate IPC charge rather than simply being impassable.

Can PUs be removed from a given player's treasury through conditions/triggers to model this effect?

Also, can territory ownership be set by triggers?  I'm trying to model the entry of neutral powers into the conflict.  Rather than have a power like Spain always be Allied or Axis, they will enter the war on one side if the other invades them.  This would involve creating Allied_Spain and Axis_Spain players in the XML, and using triggers to drop units in territories when a territory is invaded, but I foresee a delay of a couple of turns before they have collected income, purchased units and deployed them.  I know units can't be removed or moved by triggers at this time, but if I could drop new units on territories and define territory ownership at the same time, they could collect income right away, even if the collect income phase has been moved prior to combat movement (scorched earth variant).

Is this possible with the engine at this time?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Pulicat
Reading through the changelog, I encounter this:

"* Added ability to customize production tabs for each map, using "production_tabs.properties" and "production_tabs.PlayerName.properties". (edwin van der wal)"

Does it mean we can customize tabs in the production window now? How does it work?

-puli
how now brown cow?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

@ kast,
no, not right now
maybe in the future

@ puli,
yes,
please download the latest svn, then take a look at the pact of steel map folder, and pact of steel 2,
if it still doesn't make sense after you do that, then I'll be happy to explain more

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

diffsky
Hi, this is a bug report.

Please see the uploaded game:
aaa_90_32.tsvg

On Russia's turn, Round 6. Russia buys 7 infantry, but is only charged 11PU instead of 21PU

Russia's total PU went from 22 before purchase to 11, it should have gone to 1.

Edit: Here is the game file from before Russia's turn: aaa_90_31.tsvg
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

thanks diffsky,

apparently this bug has been around since about 1.0.3.4 or before

it revolves around having Increased Factory Production tech, so as long as you don't have that tech, you won't see it

anyway, its fixed for next version

since this bug is rather serious, I plan to release a new unstable pretty soon (by the end of Oct is my goal)

Cool, thanks Veq. Good luck with the next release.
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

diffsky
Another bug report. Erroneous "You have purchase more than you can place, continue with purchase?" warning.

Save game is attached below. Round 8, Japan's turn:
- Japan has 10PUs bombing damage.
- Japan spends 5 PU to reduce damage to 5 PUs
- Japan territory is worth 8 Production
- Should be able to place 3 units
- Japan buys 3 Armour
- Game engine warns user that "You have purchase more than you can place, continue with purchase?"
- If the user ignores the warning they are able to place the units as normal at the end of the turn.

Attaching save game at the start of the turn (post-research) where you can reproduce the issue as above:
aaa_90_42a.tsvg
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

actually i found that bug on my own last week and fixed it for next version 1.4
thx tho

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Zim Xero
Not sure where to post this... request for next stable.  Can we include the inverse of a canal.  This should be a quick add I think.  It would be two close land points which connect if the listed sea zone(s) are ally controlled.  A realistic example might be two close hawaiian islands, in which small boats and craft... maybe even swimming could transport troops from one to another... but would not be allowed if an enemy fleet was in the water.   Instead of a canal we could call it a bridge.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

grizzly
On the note of canals, currently a sea zone cannot be a part of more than 2 canal relationships
(i think. i might have the source of this error wrong)
If this was fixed it would benefit TRS, WAW and increase options to modders in general.

His Idea of an inverse canal is also very potentially useful :)
Just my 2 cents...

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

the idea that a sea zone can not be part of 2 canals is wrong, yet people keep saying it

you can currently code a sea zone to be part of multiple canals, so long as the canal attachments have different names (all must begin with canalAttatchment)

examples:
canalAttatchmentSuez
canalAttatchmentPanama

etc.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

grizzly
Ah canalAttatchment is what I missed. If this is true perhaps someone can update rising sun and WAW to include this? I find it hard to remember that I cannot use these canals when my ships move through so easily
Just my 2 cents...

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Kastagir
Veqryn, I remember reading that you were hoping to put out a new version around the end of this month, but I don't know what features you're planning to implement.  You mentioned back in May of 2010 that dynamic (changeable) alliances would be coded in at some point - any chance that will get added in the near future?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Edwin van der Wal
Kastagir wrote
You mentioned back in May of 2010 that dynamic (changeable) alliances would be coded in at some point - any chance that will get added in the near future?
Yes, dynamic (changeable) alliances / wars / neutrality between nations will definitely be in the next unstable which should be out Soon™
123