TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released, download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

direct link:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA/1_3_2_2/

Your 1.3.2.1 SaveGames WILL work on 1.3.2.2

Maps were updated on July 9th, so please redownload your maps if you haven't already (especially any ww2v3 style maps)  (repairing and some techs won't work unless you redownload your maps)

This version fixes all known bugs in 1.3.2.1.

Changes:
* Fixed infinite loops in purchasing methods for both Strong AI and Weak AI, for low cost units. (veqryn)
* Fixed null pointer error in Strong AI landing of air units for players with impassible capitals. (veqryn)
* Changed savegame-xml exporter to add occupiedTerrOf to any territory not owned by current owner. (veqryn)
* Fixed bug in validation of air that can't land for mixed allied and owned air attempting to land where there already is a carrier and a new carrier will also be placed. (veqryn)
* Fixed null pointer error in Strong AI sea movement. (veqryn)

Please report any bugs encountered here:

If you find bugs, I really can't do much about them unless you upload an autosave.  It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occured.

Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:

(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\
(Mac) /home/user/documents/triplea/
(Linux) /home/user/triplea/

[They are NOT in program files.  They are in a folder in your user account.]

When you are making a post, click the "More Options" button.  From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.

I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.

Please also describe what happened before the bug occurred, and copy and paste the full error message, and of course say what map and what version of TripleA you were using!

thanks,

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Change log:

Changes for 1.3.2.2
* Fixed infinite loops in purchasing methods for both Strong AI and Weak AI, for low cost units. (veqryn)

* Fixed null pointer error in Strong AI landing of air units for players with impassible capitals. (veqryn)

* Changed savegame-xml exporter to add occupiedTerrOf to any territory not owned by current owner. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in validation of air that can't land for mixed allied and owned air attempting to land where there already is a carrier and a new carrier will also be placed. (veqryn)

* Fixed null pointer error in Strong AI sea movement. (veqryn)

Notable new features and fixes in triplea 1.3.2.1 are:
Fixed to allow old Mac OS X computers to connect to lobby, again. (veqryn)
Several small changes to LOTR Middle Earth, Big World v3 rules, and Pact of Steel 2. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where allied fighters on carriers were not moving with the carriers under certain situations, like when there was an transport ship in the same sea zone, or a harbour or airfield had modified their movement. (veqryn)
Fixed bug in movement validation for paratroopers and mechanized infantry techs when a unit has received bonus movement from an airfield or harbour. (veqryn)
Fixed bug in movement validation that allowed both combat and noncombat flyover of neutrals, and another bug allowed paths over impassibles and restricted territories to be taken into account for landing zones. (veqryn)
Added new game property, "Neutral Flyover Allowed", which like it says, will allow you to fly over neutrals. (veqryn)
Added ability to export a savegame to an xml, thereby allowing in game editing of maps. (edwin van der wal)
Added many new admin features to lobby server and client. (wisconsin)
Fixed issue with carriers that are also transports not allowing their land units to participate in battle when the sea unit has participated in battle. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where units with zero attack that were supportable never got to roll in combat. Also, re-wrote getRolls. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where air units may not participate in a battle if they had been on an allied carrier that was involved in a battle. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where upgrades of sea units could be placed same turn as the base unit. (veqryn)
Added tabs option to production panel. (edwin van der wal)
Added information on number of units being purchased to production panel. Also changed all upgrade/consumes type units to have their names displayed in blue. (veqryn)
Fixed bug related to territory damage in history panel, as well as a null pointer error for factories on territories with no attachments, and also fixed a bug that was not allowing canProduceUnits units to have same max damage as factory units. (veqryn)
Updated "unitProduction" so when used in conjunction with "Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories" it sets the allowed number of units to be produced in that territory, thereby finally un-associating the PU production of a territory from the Unit production of a territory. Also, updated "production" to automatically set "unitProduction" to be equal. So if you want a different unitProduction value, you must set it after production when attaching to a territory. (veqryn)
Added new button to main screen, "Rule Book...", which will open up the user's default web browser and go to the triplea sf page with our future rulebook. (veqryn)

Notable new features and fixes in triplea 1.3.1.1 are:
Fixed TripleA to be completely compatible with Java 1.5, which means it can now run on older computers and Mac-OS computers. (veqryn & wisconsin)
Fixed major bug in low luck support attachments, where units got up to double the support they were supposed to get. (veqryn)
Updated then Added "Big World : v3 Rules" game, a mod of the original Big World mostly by Prussia, to triplea. (veqryn)
Fixed fighters and air disappearing even if you bought a carrier, if there is another turn like china, between yours and the placement of the carrier. (veqryn)
Fixed paratrooper loading creating multiple copies of units. Fixed bugs for deselection of paratroopers and air. (veqryn)
Fixed minor bugs, including units having to roll to kill unescorted transports. (veqryn)
Fixed all issues surrounding connecting to the lobby. (veqryn & wisconsin)
Updated packaged java JRE to java 6 update 25. (veqryn)
Created new unit attachment, createsUnitsList, which allows automatic creation of units by other units at end of turn. (veqryn)
Fixed unitAttachment validation to allow factories to have maxDamage. (veqryn)

Notable new features in triplea 1.3.1.0 are:
Got scrambling to work (veqryn)
Fixed some bugs in Dynamix (wisconsin)
Fixed a ton of null pointer errors and other bugs, like the transporting bug (veqryn)
Customized factories ["canProduceXUnits", "canProduceUnits"] (veqryn)
Customized repairing rules ["Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories"] (veqryn)
"canDieFromReachingMaxDamage" (veqryn)
"canOnlyBePlacedInTerritoryValuedAtX" (veqryn)
Added tool tips to purchase screen, territory tab, and battle calc, which show lots of info about the units (veqryn)
Allow for upgrading and consuming of units by "consumesUnits" (veqryn)
Allow for specific factory building lists / required units to build other units by "requiresUnits" (veqryn)
Made disabling of units work (veqryn)
Removed "isCombatInfrastructure" and "unitDamage" from unit attachment (veqryn)
"unitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn" (veqryn)
"On Entering Units Destroyed Instead Of Captured" (veqryn)

Notable new features in triplea 1.3.0.0 are:
New lobby tools, useful for bung and other admins (wisconsin)
Ability to mute players, or ban them from your hosted games (wisconsin)
New AI, "Dynamix AI", which is much better than moore at land battles (wisconsin)
New AI settings panel in game options, allows you to customize how dynamix plays (wisconsin)
Major fixes to Moore AI (veqryn, wisconsin, squiddaddy)
Custom Dice Sides (veqryn, gansito)
Scrambling, and "isAirBase" (comradeKev)
"Capture Units On Entering Territory" (veqryn)
"destroyedWhenCapturedBy" (veqryn)
"isSuicide" units (veqryn)
"isKamikaze" units (veqryn)
"unitPresence" and *PresenceTerritories national objectives (veqryn)
"constructions" units (veqryn)
aa guns atomized (veqryn)
new Low Luck options (veqryn)
"Units May Give Bonus Movement", aka naval and air bases (veqryn)
ww2v2 revised subs bug should be fixed (veqryn)
"Give Units By Territory" (veqryn)
"Battleships repair at beginning of round" and "Two HitPoint Units Require Repair Facilities" (veqryn)
"Unit Placement Restrictions" (veqryn)
"maxBuiltPerPlayer" (veqryn)
Fixed Battle Calc bug (veqryn)
new capture capital rules, and multiple capitals rules (veqryn)
blockades (squid daddy)
customizable support attachments (squid daddy)
customizable triggers (squid daddy)
customizable tech lists (squid daddy)
custom tech costs (comradekev)
fixed bug where can't edit delete units that had been transported (comradekev)

New Maps:
Pact of Steel 1 (tripleelk & others)
Pact of Steel 2 (veqryn)
NWO (ernie bommel & sieg)
Napoleonic Empires (veqryn & lssah)
Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth 12 player (flanagany & ajmdemen)

Updates to existing maps:
New relief tiles for Great War (pulicat & IL)
New art and vc's for big world (pulicat & veqryn)

https://triplea.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/triplea/branches/1_3_2_2_stable/changelog.txt
.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Veqryn wrote
* Changed savegame-xml exporter to add occupiedTerrOf to any territory not owned by current owner. (veqryn)
Is that always desirable? If you are trying to create a new scenario, you may not want to do so. For example if you are editing a 1942 scenario to a create 1939 scenario, you might change France from German to British ownership. If the US liberates France, you want it to go back to Britain.

Of course, you could just fix the XML directly.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

There is a post about this.

The main purpose of the savegame exporter is NOT to be an ingame xml creator.
The purposes are to stop people from releasing games as savegames, and to allow people to take a long running, 30 round game, and turn it into an xml, then continue playing again.

You need to use the map creator to make maps,

and at a minimum, xml exporting requires you to open the xml up in notepad++ and at least change the name of the map.  So while you are there, you should make any tweaks you need to.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Edwin van der Wal
I will probably create a patch in a future release to make it an option (or have to export buttons).... since this is non-invasive - Veq may even include it in a stable sub-release :)

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Sean Bridges
Congratulations!  It's great to see a new generation of developers making such great progress.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Ditto what he said!  Well done Veq and others!  I can't wait to finally find a bit of time to check out what you've done.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

SB7944
I have found a bug that seems to happen randomly. When the "select casualty" window opens, the buttons to select casualties simply aren't there and the game is then frozen. I have a "save game" that demonstrates this bug... but I can't upload it to the bug tracker because it is 272kb (bug tracker says must be less than 256). Please advise. You want me to email this to you???

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

yes, please email it to me
veqryn

at

hotmail

dot
com

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

SB7944
okay, sent today. Sorry it took so long, busy all week. This game is great!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

will have a look.

in other news, I tried making a video of TripleA, showing the first 3 turns of Pact of Steel...

check it out here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/videos/TripleA_PactOfSteel_intro1.avi

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

captaincrunch
ook I have played this latest version and it runs the same as far as challenge goes. I made past threads and said the 1.3.1.1 was an improvement with the Dynamix a.i. over the earlier versions but, yes, still the game requires some kind of naval strategy since quite often the American navy remained dorment as an example. I read you want to perfect the land unit strategy attack first and then will deal with the naval a.i. and I look forward to that.

It's interesting that the game rules determine the a.i. foundations but also the land masses and water areas factor in aswell so goodluck trying to perfect an a.i. winning strategy which I bet it will be challenging but fun. I have only lost once againt the a.i. (either as axis or allies) in maybe 25 or 30 matches so I can't wait to see how tough you can make this game because it's a hoot.

Congrats on everything so far.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Bacala
Hi Veqryn,

I also have had a lot of times that i cant click for battle. It seems random and after reloading it is always solved so not sure if a save game would do you any good. I think it started with 1.3.1.1. but not sure. Thought it had something to do with my comp acting weird but im hearing more about it so maybe it is a bug.

Thanks for all the work.

Greetings,

Bacala

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

apparently there are 2 bugs.  I have already solved 1 of them (default casualty selection was doing something wrong),
but the second one, the one in SB's email, was indeed a different bug, and it didn't go away with a reload of the savegame.  I have no idea what is causing it at present.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

SB, thanks for the savegame.

I figured out the problem.  It only occurs when the attack has improved artillery.

The problem is that the default casualty selection is trying to determine the best default casualties based on the improved artillery, but it only subtracts 1 from the total artillery as it selects the artillery to die.  This results in having positive numbers for the # of artillery left, even though you have no artillery left.  This results in an infinite loop as the game continuously tries to remove more artillery.

fixed,

thanks again

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

krustyshort0
Hi Veqryn:

I want to give something back to the Triplea community and to the people that make it all possible.  I want to send some money to whomever you think best deserves it and will use it for the benefit of the Triplea community.  This may be yourself.

Please send me an email to tylerwarren123@hotmail.com.  I don't check the forum that often.

Thanks,

Krusty(Tyler)

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

Kastagir
Veqryn, I am modifying a map to make use of two-hit fleet carriers that can't land/launch fighters when damaged.  I saw from your last post in the WWII Pacific thread, and in the game notes of that mod, that this was not implemented as of April-May of 2011.  However, I saw that you got disabled units working in current builds, but I've tried adding "canBeDamaged," "maxDamage," and "maxOperationalDamage" to carriers, and I get a fairly generic error when launching TripleA.  I suspect that these are meant for the disabling of structures, such as harbors, airfields and factories; and not combat units.  Also, it's not clear to me whether exceeding "maxOperationalDamage" will diable the "carrierCapacity" property, or if it is meant to.

Is it possible in the current code to make damaged, two-hit carriers, unable to land/launch aircraft?

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

@krusty,

Thanks dude, I sent you an email.
In short, the people who have contributed the most to triplea over the past 1.5 years are:

Myself (veqryn) [coding the engine]
Wisconsin [the new ai, and lobby improvements]
Bung [the warclub and the lobby server]

@kast,

disabled and those other properties only apply to sbr/rocket damage, not to combat damage.
at this moment, the answer is no

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

diffsky
I'm having an issue with mech infantry in a WW2 v3 1942 game in engine version 1.3.2.2

aaa_89_08.tsvg

In the attached game, DE has mech infantry but it isn't being honoured - the infantry aren't moving 2 territories along with the armour.

Any ideas?
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.2 Stable has been released

diffsky
This post was updated on .
After doing some investigation, I may have started a game in the new engine, but with the old map type, that doesn't have:
<option name="isLandTransport" value="true"/>
for armour.

Despite updating the map, the save game still suffers from the issue. Starting a new game with the correct (updated) map, things seem to work (example attached).

mech.tsvg

edit:

Is there any way to edit the .tsvg file?
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info
123