TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released, download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

direct link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA_Unstable/1_3_2_1/

Your 1.3.1.1 SaveGames will NOT work on 1.3.2.1

Maps were updated on May 16th, so please redownload your maps if you haven't already (especially any ww2v3 style maps)  (repairing and some techs won't work unless you redownload your maps)

This version fixes all known bugs in 1.3.1.1, as well as giving us some new features: the ability to export a savegame into an xml, tabs for the production screen, and new lobby options.

Notable changes:
Fixed to allow old Mac OS X computers to connect to lobby, again. (veqryn)
Several small changes to LOTR Middle Earth, Big World v3 rules, and Pact of Steel 2. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where allied fighters on carriers were not moving with the carriers under certain situations, like when there was an transport ship in the same sea zone, or a harbour or airfield had modified their movement. (veqryn)
Fixed bug in movement validation for paratroopers and mechanized infantry techs when a unit has received bonus movement from an airfield or harbour. (veqryn)
Fixed bug in movement validation that allowed both combat and noncombat flyover of neutrals, and another bug allowed paths over impassibles and restricted territories to be taken into account for landing zones. (veqryn)
Added new game property, "Neutral Flyover Allowed", which like it says, will allow you to fly over neutrals. (veqryn)
Added ability to export a savegame to an xml, thereby allowing in game editing of maps. (edwin van der wal)
Added many new admin features to lobby server and client. (wisconsin)
Fixed issue with carriers that are also transports not allowing their land units to participate in battle when the sea unit has participated in battle. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where units with zero attack that were supportable never got to roll in combat. Also, re-wrote getRolls. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where air units may not participate in a battle if they had been on an allied carrier that was involved in a battle. (veqryn)
Fixed bug where upgrades of sea units could be placed same turn as the base unit. (veqryn)
Added tabs option to production panel. (edwin van der wal)
Added information on number of units being purchased to production panel. Also changed all upgrade/consumes type units to have their names displayed in blue. (veqryn)
Fixed bug related to territory damage in history panel, as well as a null pointer error for factories on territories with no attachments, and also fixed a bug that was not allowing canProduceUnits units to have same max damage as factory units. (veqryn)
Updated "unitProduction" so when used in conjunction with "Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories" it sets the allowed number of units to be produced in that territory, thereby finally un-associating the PU production of a territory from the Unit production of a territory. Also, updated "production" to automatically set "unitProduction" to be equal. So if you want a different unitProduction value, you must set it after production when attaching to a territory. (veqryn)
Added new button to main screen, "Rule Book...", which will open up the user's default web browser and go to the triplea sf page with our future rulebook. (veqryn)

Please report any bugs encountered here:

If you find bugs, I really can't do much about them unless you upload an autosave.  It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occured.

Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:

(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\
(Mac) /home/user/documents/triplea/
(Linux) /home/user/triplea/

[They are NOT in program files.  They are in a folder in your user account.]

When you are making a post, click the "More Options" button.  From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.

I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.
thanks,

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Change log:

Changes for 1.3.2.1
[...]

* Balancing fixes for LOTR Middle Earth. (ajmdemen)

* Small fixes to exporter classes. (edwin van der wal & veqryn)

* Balancing fixes for Pact of Steel 2. (veqryn)

* Fixed issue with carriers that are also transports not allowing their land units to participate in battle when the sea unit has participated in battle. (veqryn)

* Added many new admin features to lobby server and client. (wisconsin)

* Added ability to export a savegame to an xml, thereby allowing in game editing of maps. (edwin van der wal)

* Added new game property, "Neutral Flyover Allowed", which like it says, will allow you to fly over neutrals. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in movement validation that allowed paths over impassibles and restricted territories to be taken into account for landing zones. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in movement validation that allowed both combat and noncombat flyover of neutrals. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in movement validation for paratroopers and mechanized infantry techs when a unit has received bonus movement from an airfield or harbour. (veqryn)

* Several small changes to Middle Earth, Big World v3 rules, and Pact of Steel 2. (veqryn)

* Fixed to allow old Mac OS X computers to connect to lobby, again. (veqryn)

* Small fix to validation of user data for lobby. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug where allied fighters on carriers were not moving with the carriers under certain situations, like when there was an transport ship in the same sea zone, or a harbour or airfield had modified their movement. (veqryn)

Notable new features and fixes in triplea 1.3.1.1 are:
Fixed TripleA to be completely compatible with Java 1.5, which means it can now run on older computers and Mac-OS computers. (veqryn & wisconsin)
Fixed major bug in low luck support attachments, where units got up to double the support they were supposed to get. (veqryn)
Updated then Added "Big World : v3 Rules" game, a mod of the original Big World mostly by Prussia, to triplea. (veqryn)
Fixed fighters and air disappearing even if you bought a carrier, if there is another turn like china, between yours and the placement of the carrier. (veqryn)
Fixed paratrooper loading creating multiple copies of units. Fixed bugs for deselection of paratroopers and air. (veqryn)
Fixed minor bugs, including units having to roll to kill unescorted transports. (veqryn)
Fixed all issues surrounding connecting to the lobby. (veqryn & wisconsin)
Updated packaged java JRE to java 6 update 25. (veqryn)
Created new unit attachment, createsUnitsList, which allows automatic creation of units by other units at end of turn. (veqryn)
Fixed unitAttachment validation to allow factories to have maxDamage. (veqryn)

Notable new features in triplea 1.3.1.0 are:
Got scrambling to work (veqryn)
Fixed some bugs in Dynamix (wisconsin)
Fixed a ton of null pointer errors and other bugs, like the transporting bug (veqryn)
Customized factories ["canProduceXUnits", "canProduceUnits"] (veqryn)
Customized repairing rules ["Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories"] (veqryn)
"canDieFromReachingMaxDamage" (veqryn)
"canOnlyBePlacedInTerritoryValuedAtX" (veqryn)
Added tool tips to purchase screen, territory tab, and battle calc, which show lots of info about the units (veqryn)
Allow for upgrading and consuming of units by "consumesUnits" (veqryn)
Allow for specific factory building lists / required units to build other units by "requiresUnits" (veqryn)
Made disabling of units work (veqryn)
Removed "isCombatInfrastructure" and "unitDamage" from unit attachment (veqryn)
"unitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn" (veqryn)
"On Entering Units Destroyed Instead Of Captured" (veqryn)

Notable new features in triplea 1.3.0.0 are:
New lobby tools, useful for bung and other admins (wisconsin)
Ability to mute players, or ban them from your hosted games (wisconsin)
New AI, "Dynamix AI", which is much better than moore at land battles (wisconsin)
New AI settings panel in game options, allows you to customize how dynamix plays (wisconsin)
Major fixes to Moore AI (veqryn, wisconsin, squiddaddy)
Custom Dice Sides (veqryn, gansito)
Scrambling, and "isAirBase" (comradeKev)
"Capture Units On Entering Territory" (veqryn)
"destroyedWhenCapturedBy" (veqryn)
"isSuicide" units (veqryn)
"isKamikaze" units (veqryn)
"unitPresence" and *PresenceTerritories national objectives (veqryn)
"constructions" units (veqryn)
aa guns atomized (veqryn)
new Low Luck options (veqryn)
"Units May Give Bonus Movement", aka naval and air bases (veqryn)
ww2v2 revised subs bug should be fixed (veqryn)
"Give Units By Territory" (veqryn)
"Battleships repair at beginning of round" and "Two HitPoint Units Require Repair Facilities" (veqryn)
"Unit Placement Restrictions" (veqryn)
"maxBuiltPerPlayer" (veqryn)
Fixed Battle Calc bug (veqryn)
new capture capital rules, and multiple capitals rules (veqryn)
blockades (squid daddy)
customizable support attachments (squid daddy)
customizable triggers (squid daddy)
customizable tech lists (squid daddy)
custom tech costs (comradekev)
fixed bug where can't edit delete units that had been transported (comradekev)

New Maps:
Pact of Steel 1 (tripleelk & others)
Pact of Steel 2 (veqryn)
NWO (ernie bommel & sieg)
Napoleonic Empires (veqryn & lssah)
Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth 12 player (flanagany & ajmdemen)

Updates to existing maps:
New relief tiles for Great War (pulicat & IL)
New art and vc's for big world (pulicat & veqryn)

https://triplea.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/triplea/branches/1_3_2_1_unstable/changelog.txt
.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

@ Wisconsin, Edwin, Frig, and anyone else messing with source code,

You guys can now go nuts with the code again.  If there are any changes to 1.3.2.1, I will do those changes to the "branch" of 1.3.2.1, while you guys continue to code new stuff for the "trunk".
(This is similar to how SGB released 1.2.5.5 based on the 1.2.5.4 branch, in order to have it not include the brand new code that ComradeKev made for 1.2.6.0 which was part of the trunk.)

So ya, development season is now open again.  Enjoy!

(please help code global '40)

thx,
veq

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

spillblood
Cool, I'm gonna try this out!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Rolf Larsson
Great Work!
As far as I have seen, the tabs for Purchase and the colours for consumption/requirements make things much easier.
Let´s hope this version is free of bugs and can become the next stable version.
We now have custom dice!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

nihil
when i press the button 'find games on the lobby server' i get an error message 'entry denied: create'
i installed this version the same way as several before and i can access the 1.3.1.1 lobby without any problems.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

i checked and there are no such error messages with the string "entry denied",
there are also not a single instance of the word "denied" in the entire source code

can you please copy the exact error message here?

also, this might might be a case of you not being a registered user on the new lobby.  I copied the user information from the 1.3.1.1 lobby a day ago.  So if you were not registered on that lobby before i copied the users info then you are not registered on the new lobby.  try logging in anonymously under a new name, and see if that works.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

nihil
first of all thx for quick reply. the problem is that i don't get to the screen askin for login and ticking the anonymously option. when i press the button find games a grey window with a blinking stop sign (like in traffic) saying 'permission denied: create' opens up and has the title 'could not connect to server'. however if i log in via 1.3.1.1 it works easy as as pie

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

RODTHEGOD
Just a quick question. Where would you go to change/add/delete the new production tabs? I didn't see it in the xml, but that was just a quick run through. maybe I missed it.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Edwin van der Wal
RODTHEGOD wrote
Just a quick question. Where would you go to change/add/delete the new production tabs? I didn't see it in the xml, but that was just a quick run through. maybe I missed it.
You can't, there is always the all-tab.. and then tabs for land/air/sea/construct/upgrades ... if any of those tabs are empty they are removed automatically.

There is a checkbox in views where you, as a player, can turn off the tabbedProduction to use the old productionPanel.

In a future unstable I guess we could create a unitattachmentproperty to add it to a panel (which defaults to land/air/etc) I see how this version wouldn't work (well) with for example a space map  :)

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Edwin van der Wal
Veqryn wrote
(please help code global '40)
what's needed, maybe there is a feature that I need as well and feel like working on.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

@ production tabs,
Edwin,
would it be possible to do it outside of the xml?  I mean, have an optional .properties file for messing with the tabs?
since this is a UI thing, and NOT a gameplay/game-mechanics thing, I would like to have it Not be part of the xml IF possible

right now, Nothing in the XML is UI related, and all UI related things are handled in a variety of other files that come with the map zip.  I think it would be good to keep it this way.  So, it might be slightly mroe complicated, but i would certainly prefer it to be in a .properties file.

@ 1940 rules,
scrambling is full of bugs, and does not work the way it should
escorts and interceptors (for strat bombing) currently are not coded
special rules for units with damage (ie: damaged carriers have no transport capacity) are not coded
political rules are not yet coded
some other stuff, can't remember

edit:
@nihil,
i think your firewall is blocking the new triplea,
please create an exception in the firewall for triplea

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Edwin van der Wal
Veqryn wrote
@ production tabs,
Edwin,
would it be possible to do it outside of the xml?  I mean, have an optional .properties file for messing with the tabs?
since this is a UI thing, and NOT a gameplay/game-mechanics thing, I would like to have it Not be part of the xml IF possible

right now, Nothing in the XML is UI related, and all UI related things are handled in a variety of other files that come with the map zip.  I think it would be good to keep it this way.  So, it might be slightly mroe complicated, but i would certainly prefer it to be in a .properties file.
Yeah, could be in a property file as well.. maybe even better... default behavior as-is, but add a production.property file and you can make it as you wish, maybe even add a production.player.property to make a special thing for a certain player..

Be aware that probably if you use a propertyfile you need to include all units / all tabs which is kind of a pain if you just really want to move 1 unit to a diff tab or just rename tabs.

Maybe we can think of something smart like having the property file either rename tabs or rename/add/delete/rearrange things.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Edwin van der Wal
Veqryn wrote
political rules are not yet coded
I am interested in this one, have you got a generic functional design yet, as-in not-e40/g40-specific?

Veqryn wrote
some other stuff, can't remember
Is there a list somewhere :)

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Edwin van der Wal
Edwin van der Wal wrote
Veqryn wrote
@ production tabs,
Edwin,
would it be possible to do it outside of the xml?  I mean, have an optional .properties file for messing with the tabs? <snip>
Yeah, could be in a property file as well.. <snip>
created a patch for this, and sent it to you Veq.

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Prussia
Very nice work, veq! I like the tabs in particular!

I have an xml update. Just a few clicks for you.

I thought the display of turn order had been fixed a while ago but I guess not. So here's BWv3 3.8 - all I did was match the list of countries on "stats" tab to the turn order.

Big_World_1942_v3rules_release_3.8.xml

Thanks!

Prussia

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Rolf Larsson
Got the following error message when I tried to launch a Feudal Japan game with myself as another human player in the lobby:
INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ChatController->Chatter:RolfLarsson (1) port:3300 ip:83.171.167.203 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
host:173.255.229.134 port:3303
INFO [Decoder -Server] ServerMessenger->Connection added to:Grob port:1721 ip:83.171.167.203
INFO [games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool:UnifiedMessengerPool:1] ChatController->Chatter:Grob port:1721 ip:83.171.167.203 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
Exception in thread "Triplea, start server game" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized step name:neutralminorclans
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.start(TripleAPlayer.java:145)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:667)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:525)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:301)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.ServerLauncher$2.run(ServerLauncher.java:208

Offline it works perfect and it is not a hosting problem due to firewall or similar, cause I tested with
ww2v3 1941 and there was nothing wrong.
The message: "Unrecognized step name:neutralminorclans" seems strange to me, but I guess it is just because that the game is hanging at this point, right after start, when neutralminorclans should purchase.

I got similar errors when we tried to play Total World War yesterday, however I was not able reproduce them like the above one, those could have been version problems.
We now have custom dice!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

        if (name.endsWith("Bid"))
            purchase(true);
        else if (name.endsWith("Tech"))
            tech();
        else if (name.endsWith("TechActivation"))
            {} // the delegate handles everything
        else if (name.endsWith("Purchase"))
            purchase(false);
        else if (name.endsWith("Move"))
            move(name.endsWith("NonCombatMove"));
        else if (name.endsWith("Battle"))
            battle();
        else if (name.endsWith("Place"))
            place(name.indexOf("Bid") != -1);
        else if (name.endsWith("EndTurn"))
            endTurn();
        else
            badStep = true;

        if (badStep)
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("Unrecognized step name:" + name);

the step's name must end with something like above, otherwise you get an error

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Rolf Larsson
Thx for the quick answer.
Ok there is a bad step name it seems, but its a bit strange that it works offline, but not in the lobby.
Makes testing of maps harder if there is a difference between online and offline.
We now have custom dice!

Re: TripleA 1.3.2.1 stable-candidate has been released

Rolf Larsson
Thx Veqryn,
the problem was, that I forgot about adding   XXBid, for the name and now it works; just uploaded the fixed version. It would be nice if you could update it on repo/depot.
The new version is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qjupyvsw9w1r43z

But while testing online I encountered another problem. The preselected AIs are not AI controlled. The same thing that happend in an earlier version 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 it was.
We now have custom dice!
12