TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

TripleA 1.3.1.0 unstable has been released, download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

direct link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/TripleA_Unstable/1_3_1/

I am especially proud of the tool tips I created for units.  It means people can play non-standard maps easier because they can see unit stats by mousing over a unit (in the territory tab, purchase screen, or btl calc).

This new version of TripleA requires a RE-DOWNLOAD of all your ww2v3 style MAPS.  (repairing and some techs won't work unless you redownload your maps)

Notable new features in triplea 1.3.1 are:
Got scrambling to work (veqryn)
Fixed some bugs in Dynamix (wisconsin)
Fixed a ton of null pointer errors and other bugs, like the transporting bug (veqryn)
Customized factories ["canProduceXUnits", "canProduceUnits"] (veqryn)
Customized repairing rules ["Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories"] (veqryn)
"canDieFromReachingMaxDamage" (veqryn)
"canOnlyBePlacedInTerritoryValuedAtX" (veqryn)
Added tool tips to purchase screen, territory tab, and battle calc, which show lots of info about the units (veqryn)
Allow for upgrading and consuming of units by "consumesUnits" (veqryn)
Allow for specific factory building lists / required units to build other units by "requiresUnits" (veqryn)
Made disabling of units work (veqryn)
Removed "isCombatInfrastructure" and "unitDamage" from unit attachment (veqryn)
"unitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn" (veqryn)
"On Entering Units Destroyed Instead Of Captured" (veqryn)

Please report any bugs encountered here:

If you find bugs, I really can't do much about them unless you upload an autosave.  It will save me tons of time if you give me an autosave / or save game made sometime before the bug occured.

Your save games are in a folder right next to where the maps are:

(Windows) C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\
(Mac) /home/user/documents/triplea/
(Linux) /home/user/triplea/

[They are NOT in program files.  They are in a folder in your user account.]

When you are making a post, click the "More Options" button.  From there click "Upload a file".
Simply upload the autosave, or other save, to your post.

I really really appreciate savegames, it makes my life a lot easier.
thanks,
veqryn

edit:
for maps that work specifically with 1.3.1.0, go to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files/TripleA/prerelease/
or use this map downloader link: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/prerelease_maps.xml

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Change log:

* Fixed "what should bomber bomb" AI error, in all AIs. Also fixed bug in easy ai where it would not place any units if some were bunkers. (veqryn)

* Fixed moore AI and easy AI to use new repairing method when trying to repair unit damage instead of territory damage. (veqryn)

* Some updates for Dynamix AI, and fixed AI bug caused by more than one map was opened per TripleA instance, and Added a Resource Collection Increaser cheat. (wisconsin)

* Finished making repair rules work for both damage done to units and damage done to territories.
  A note to map makers: repair rules should mention the actual unit, not a _hit version of the unit.  This means all repair rules that mention "factory_hit" will need to be changed to mention "factory". (veqryn)

* Initial work on making repair rules work for damage done to units. (veqryn)

* Fixed null pointer in moore ai for games which don't have carriers. (veqryn)

* Added method to unit class to find territory unit is in. (veqryn)

* Fixed moore AI and easy AI to not purchase any unit which has consumesUnits. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in scrambling code where user was not being asked if they want to scramble. (veqryn)

* Fixed infinite loop introduced into original factory owner check. (veqryn)

* Added new unit attachment, canProduceUnits, which allows a unit to produce other units, without being a factory. Therefor we can now have combat factories, flying factories, or aa gun factories, or w/e. (veqryn)

* Added the developer forum and the war club to the lobby help menu. (veqryn)

* Added tool tips for units to battle calculator. (veqryn)

* Fixed null pointer caused by using .getOwner().getData()  and a word to anyone else who ever thinks about using this: don't, it causes null pointers if there are any neutrals, since neutral is a null player. (veqryn)

* Created new unit attachment, requiresUnits, which allows units to be placed only when certain units are in the territory. (veqryn)

* Changed it so that Territory production defaults to Zero instead of 2, and that unitProduction gets set to a territory's production, though you can still set unitProduction manually if you set it AFTER you set production. (veqryn)

* Created new unit attachment, consumesUnits, which allows units to be upgraded or placed on top of other units. (veqryn)

* Created new unit attachment, canOnlyBePlacedInTerritoryValuedAtX, which defaults to -1 meaning can be placed anywhere. (veqryn)

* Expanded 'disabled' logic to include airbases, repairsUnits, givesMovement, and combat units. Disabled units will not provide their abilities, like scrambling, movement, or repairing, to other units.  Disabled combat units will not participate in combat, and will be destroyed if captured. (veqryn)

* Created the placement logic for canProduceXUnits, which now works properly. (veqryn)

* Fixed display error where units with unit damage were not having their damage amount displayed. Still some bugs though for groups of units. (veqryn)

* Created new unit attachment, canDieFromReachingMaxDamage, which will cause a unit to die if they reach max damage through strat bombing or rockets. (veqryn)

* Fixed bug in triggers that caused unit production damage to be done to a territory if a factory was placed via triggers. (veqryn)

* Allowed rockets to also damage a unit, rather than a territory.  Further work on getting unit damage to work and display properly. (veqryn)

* Made disabled units actually work. (veqryn)

* Fixed bugs introduced into Strategic Bombing. (veqryn)

* Created new global property, "Damage From Bombing Done To Units Instead Of Territories", which when ON will have damage be done to units rather than territories, as territory damage was the old way of doing things.
  In order for this to work, you must have "SBR Affects Unit Production" turned OFF, as that is the trigger for per territory damage. (veqryn)

* Created "canProduceXUnits" unit attachment. Set to "-1" if you want to produce the value of the territory the unit is in. Still working on the code for this. (veqryn)

* Removed "isCombatInfrastructure" and "unitDamage" from unit attachments, and also removed m_maxOperationalDamage from TripleAUnits. Unit damage is per unit, not per unit type, so it should never be a unit attachment. (veqryn)

* Stopped both Moore AI and Easy AI from buying any units that have maxBuildRestrictions. (veqryn)

* Added lobby rules web page to list of web pages available from the new help menu in the lobby screen. (veqryn)

* Fixed null pointer in unit drawer. (veqryn)

* Fix for Moore AI, it was choosing to never ever attack neutrals in some situations, even if they blocked the path towards the enemy. (veqryn)

* Abstracting MovePanel class. (frigoref)

* Removing constants that refer to specific units, as we should be using unit attachments instead.  Also minor updates to unit attachment's new toString. (veqryn)

* Added "Reset" button to Map Zoom. (veqryn)

* Allowed for more information about units to be displayed as a tool tip on the territory panel. (veqryn)

* Created new toString in unit attachment to only display important information that is different from a default unit with no attachments. (veqryn)

* Allowed for more information about units to be displayed as a tool tip during production screen.  Allowed tool tip to be displayed when hovering over unit icon, in addition to small info stats. (veqryn)

* Fixes for various null pointer errors. (veqryn)

* New unit attachment setter, "unitPlacementOnlyAllowedIn", which is the direct inverse of "unitPlacementRestrictions". (veqryn)

* Fixed issue [bug 3294118] where transports drop their ground units in the ocean when they engage in combat. (veqryn)

* Added new global property, "On Entering Units Destroyed Instead Of Captured", which if true allows units normally captured on entering to be destroyed.  Does not affect non-combat units, only affects combat units with the canBeCapturedOnEnteringBy attachment. (veqryn)

Notable new features to triplea 1.3 are:
New lobby tools, useful for bung and other admins (wisconsin)
Ability to mute players, or ban them from your hosted games (wisconsin)
New AI, "Dynamix AI", which is much better than moore at land battles (wisconsin)
New AI settings panel in game options, allows you to customize how dynamix plays (wisconsin)
Major fixes to Moore AI (veqryn, wisconsin, squiddaddy)
Custom Dice Sides (veqryn, gansito)
Scrambling, and "isAirBase" (comradeKev)
"Capture Units On Entering Territory" (veqryn)
"destroyedWhenCapturedBy" (veqryn)
"isSuicide" units (veqryn)
"isKamikaze" units (veqryn)
"unitPresence" and *PresenceTerritories national objectives (veqryn)
"constructions" units (veqryn)
aa guns atomized (veqryn)
new Low Luck options (veqryn)
"Units May Give Bonus Movement", aka naval and air bases (veqryn)
ww2v2 revised subs bug should be fixed (veqryn)
"Give Units By Territory" (veqryn)
"Battleships repair at beginning of round" and "Two HitPoint Units Require Repair Facilities" (veqryn)
"Unit Placement Restrictions" (veqryn)
"maxBuiltPerPlayer" (veqryn)
Fixed Battle Calc bug (veqryn)
new capture capital rules, and multiple capitals rules (veqryn)
blockades (squid daddy)
customizable support attachments (squid daddy)
customizable triggers (squid daddy)
customizable tech lists (squid daddy)
custom tech costs (comradekev)
fixed bug where can't edit delete units that had been transported (comradekev)

New Maps:
Pact of Steel 1 (tripleelk & others)
Pact of Steel 2 (veqryn)
NWO (ernie bommel & sieg)
Napoleonic Empires (veqryn & lssah)
middle earth 12 player (flanagany & ajmdemen)

Updates to existing maps:
New relief tiles for Great War (pulicat & IL)
New art and vc's for big world (pulicat & veqryn)

https://triplea.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/triplea/branches/1_3_1_unstable/changelog.txt

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

if no big bugs are reported, i will re-release this as a stable release within 2 weeks,
after a stable is released, the old stable's lobby will be shut down within 2 weeks after the new stable is released

please test it out, and start new savegames on 1.3.1.0 lobby

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

SB7944
I have already downloaded this new release. I absolutely love the 1.3.0. The Moorenable AI is about 1000% faster and more challenging than on previous versions. I did notice that often sea transported units would just "hang in the ocean" and not move with the transports once in awhile. I see from the release notes something along these lines was fixed in this version. I will start testing this new version today and let you know if I find any bugs. Fantastic work on the last version....hope this one is as good too.

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

SB7944
Actually, I think I found an unusual bug. Please tell me where to describe and upload a saved game demonstrating the error.

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

SB7944
bug added... This is the only error I have encountered and I have played multiple games. Fantastic work on this one.

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Zallomallo
I love you

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

This new version of TripleA requires a RE-DOWNLOAD of all your ww2v3 style MAPS.  (repairing and some techs won't work unless you redownload your maps)

also, the MAC version is up, everyone thank uboat and sgb for that.

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Heinz Guderian
Just a question, I've tried something, playing Brittain and US together, Brittain purchase, US purchase, Brittain combat moves-US combat moves, Brittain combat-US combat, but then it goes wrong, Shore-bombardment from the US battleships will not happen.  Does anyone know the problem and/or the solution?

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

KirK
getting an error with 1.3.1

Could not parse:jar:file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Me/triplea/maps/Total_World_War.zip!/games/Total_World_War_Dec1941.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: No setter for attachment option. Setter:isCombatInfrastructure Class:games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.setValues(GameParser.java:1264)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseAttachments(GameParser.java:1198)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:138)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.<init>(NewGameChooserEntry.java:27)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.createEntry(NewGameChooserModel.java:163)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populateFromZip(NewGameChooserModel.java:128)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populate(NewGameChooserModel.java:86)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.<init>(NewGameChooserModel.java:35)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.mc.GameSelectorModel.loadDefaultGame(GameSelectorModel.java:217)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:61)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner2$1.run(GameRunner2.java:61)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
Set phasers to KILL!!!

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

@heinz
have combat move followed by combat, don't separate them with something in the middle in the xml,
this is not a bug

@kirk
Total World War is out of date, and was made with a specification for 1.3 that is now out of date.
Please delete Total World War until rolf updates his map.  (its in your maps folder)

thanks,
veqryn

edit:
I updated pacific 1940 today,
everyone can download an enjoy, scrambling works, factories work, air bases work, naval bases work, chinese rules work, blockades work, just about everything works!

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Swobo
is it on the depot?

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

if by the 'depot' you mean my sourceforge maps repository, then yes

use this downloader link:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/triplea_maps.xml

or download manually from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/files

psi

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

psi
getting errors during a battle. save game attached autosave.tsvg   does not occur w/ moore

Exception in thread "Triplea start local thread" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy16.confirmOwnCasualties(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.Fire.notifyCasualties(MustFightBattle.java:3765)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.Fire.access$500(MustFightBattle.java:3573)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.Fire$4.execute(MustFightBattle.java:3819)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle.fight(MustFightBattle.java:732)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleDelegate.fightBattle(BattleDelegate.java:131)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$2.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:172)
        at $Proxy7.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger.invokeAndWait(UnifiedMessenger.java:148)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedInvocationHandler.invoke(UnifiedInvocationHandler.java:70)
        at $Proxy7.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.gamePlayer.GameOverInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultPlayerBridge.java:175)
        at $Proxy7.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.battle(TripleAPlayer.java:531)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.start(TripleAPlayer.java:125)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:667)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:525)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:301)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.LocalLauncher$2.run(LocalLauncher.java:125)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$1.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:117)
        ... 36 more
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.Dynamix_AI.Pause(Dynamix_AI.java:161)
        at games.strategy.triplea.Dynamix_AI.Dynamix_AI.pause(Dynamix_AI.java:140)
        at games.strategy.triplea.baseAI.AbstractAI.confirmOwnCasualties(AbstractAI.java:273)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger.invokeAndWait(UnifiedMessenger.java:148)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedInvocationHandler.invoke(UnifiedInvocationHandler.java:70)
        at $Proxy16.confirmOwnCasualties(Unknown Source)
        ... 41 more

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

corsair
well 1.2.5 went down today and the MAC dmg for 1.3.1 doesn't work.  Would it be possible to keep a lobby up until a MAC version is out for new lobby?

Can launch locally but when connecting to lobby:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.net.NetworkInterface.getHardwareAddress()[B
        at games.strategy.net.MacFinder.GetMacAddress(MacFinder.java:51)
        at games.strategy.net.MacFinder.GetHashedMacAddress(MacFinder.java:37)
        at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.login.LobbyLogin.login(LobbyLogin.java:82)
        at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.login.LobbyLogin.loginToServer(LobbyLogin.java:66)
        at games.strategy.engine.lobby.client.login.LobbyLogin.login(LobbyLogin.java:57)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MetaSetupPanel.connectToLobby(MetaSetupPanel.java:235)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MetaSetupPanel.access$100(MetaSetupPanel.java:42)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.MetaSetupPanel$5.actionPerformed(MetaSetupPanel.java:145)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1882)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2202)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5583)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3135)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4050)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2068)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4256)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3936)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3866)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2054)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
corsair

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Wisconsin
Okay, went to line 161: switch (GlobalCenter.CurrentPhaseType)

How could this cause an error? Because of a change I made to the code right before the release. I've fixed it though and updated the SVN.

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

I will clarify for a second, some things about the new lobby and the old lobby:

All ww2v3 type maps have been updated. This means any map that uses "repairing" or paratroopers/mech-inf has been updated. You can see the full list of which ones I've updated here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/changes-needed-to-existing-maps-tp6352220p6365709.html
I have already updated all of the popular ones, and the unpopular ones that no-one plays will be updated later, or by their makers.

For backwards compatibility, here is how it works exactly, finer points included:
If you download a brand new map, like Pacific 1940 or Europe 1940, it includes things in its xml that the OLD 1.2.5.5 version of TripleA does not understand. So, every time you open up 1.3.1.0, you will not see any errors. But every time you open up 1.2.5.5, you will be confronted with a java error about TripleA not being able to parse this map's xml.
You can simply ignore this error, and close it.  It will pop up every time you start old 1.2.5.5 triplea, and everytime you click on choose games with the old triplea. Just close it every time.
You can keep playing your older maps on 1.2.5.5.  They are unaffected. The java error will only stop you from seeing that new map, it will not stop you from starting games with older maps.

IF you redownload ww2v3 (or one of the other updated maps), these maps also include new things in their xml's that will cause java errors to be thrown on 1.2.5.5. This means that you will not be able to start NEW games, on these maps, on the old lobby.
You can however, keep playing OLD Savegames on these maps, on the old lobby. So if you have a save game of ww2v3 from the 1.2.5.5 lobby, and you download the new 1.4 version of ww2v3, THEN you can still keep playing the save game (by clicking load savegame, instead of choose map), but if you want to start a new game you will have to do this on the new 1.3.1 lobby.

Honestly, I think this is possibly the best compromise possible. Start new games on 1.3.1, while 1.2.5.5 will be open for you to continue your old savegames.

IF I have any small bug fixes, that force me to release a new version of TripleA, this new version of triplea will be able to play your 1.3.1.0 savegames.
So, if I release 1.3.1.1 in a week, you can continue your 1.3.1.0 savegames on it. The reason being that savegames only stop working when you bump the version number up by x._._._, _.x._._, or _._.x._. Savegames will keep working if you bump the version up by _._._.x only. And I plan to only increase by 0.0.0.1 for next version. Next version will be a "stable" version.

The 1.3.1.0 lobby will be open all the time.  The 1.2.5.5 lobby will be open every day except for tuesdays and thursdays, in order to get people to start moving over to the new lobby.

thanks,

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

Prussia
Did you update BW v3 into the latest release?

I haven't been around lately but I'll try to catch up on what we have to change if you have not done so already.

Thanks,

Prussian

Re: TripleA 1.3.1 unstable has been released

maps i've updated so far:
http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/changes-needed-to-existing-maps-tp6352220p6365709.html

so, i've updated big world variations zip, (the june and v3 versions)
but not big world 2 (your map still in development)

ps: that link above also includes notes on EXACTLY what i updated, and what has to be updated for big world 2, etc.