TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released, download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

This build fixes a security problem where people with a hacked client could impersonate other users on the lobby and in server games, and act as an administrator in the lobby.

Many thanks to Wisconsin for finding and reporting this bug.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Bung
Thanks * 3 for staying on top of everything guys! Lobby server upgraded too!

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Wisconsin
Thanks for fixing it and getting it up and running so quickly, SGB and Bung!

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

does this include all the changes comradekev made?
if so... then it also includes a couple bugs that were introduced, like the new artillery support for multiple units causing game crashes, and carriers that are also transports can not transport allied air and ground at the same time...

either way, still good to have the updates out.

No, the only change from 1.2.5.4 is the security fix.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Maherdogg
how long until the  new '40 games are playable? :)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
Maherdogg wrote
how long until the  new '40 games are playable? :)
I don't know.  I probably won't implement that rule set, but someone else may.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

I'm starting to gather some requirements for the next release of the game engine.  It'll include some rules enhancements as well as some feature requests.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Maherdogg
It would be much appreciated.  It seems that the future of A&A will involve airbases, convoys and If/Then style NO's.

Global has the potential to be a wonderful game, I only wish AAA were able to run it currently :(

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Toronado3800
I am thrilled with it the way it is!

For dream requests I don't dare even hope for....

Terrain effects.

Other ways of creating damage weather it be 8 sided dice, some units are more difficult to hit than others, some units do more damage than others.

Besides the Global 1940 game I have something in mind. An engine similar to an old Hex game called Onslaught.  Units could be depleted in that game to something like 1/2 strength and odds like 3 to 1 favoring attackers or 1 to 1 were taken into account when deciding how likely it was attacking or defending units could be damaged or killed.

Thanks for your work

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

diffsky
I just logged a bug about paratrooper movement with long range bombers:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3079540&group_id=44492&atid=439737

Thanks for triplea, great game!
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

I closed it with an explanation... you need to CTRL click your desire route if you want to go a way other than the route calculator picks.

Ah, never realised you could do that. Thanks for taking the time to explain. :)
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

Don't mention it.  You're not the first to ask and won't be the last.  We should really find a way to publicize some of the less known features of the engine.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

OnanTheBrBr
I know I should submit bugs at sourceforge, but I am only a mere dumb player these days, so forgive me my insolence :)

In case it hasnt been submitted yet, I wanted to report a bug where fighters dont take part in a combat if they did start from a foreign friendly carrier, which has been taking part in an attack during its posessors turn.

To illustrate with a simple example in NWO (which is included in the savegame):
1. 2 Colonial carriers carry 4 UK ftrs.
2. These 2 Colonial ftrs attack an italian sub during their turn (and sink the sub)
3. during following UK turn, the UK attacks Greece amphibiously with 9 inf 2, assisted by the 4 ftrs from the Colonial carriers. THE 4 UK FTRS STARTING FROM THE COLONIAL FTRS DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE COMBAT THEN - although they should, of course.

I remember something similar, but sadly didnt take a save back then. Was some ftr starting from a foreign friendly carrier, trying to attack a sub - but it received no combat roll. So the issue aint related/restricted to amphibious attacks. Also think that carrier did not take part in an attack earlier, but might be wrong about that.

Hope that helps tracking this nasty bug down. Nasty because I saw it ruining a good game yesterday. Although that was due to the players behaving somewhat irrational during the ensuing discussion about fixing it.

Regards,
EBBUG.tsvg
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

SGB,

I just was checking something on the repository.  It appears that the fixes you made for 1.2.5.5 were not made to the Trunk as well.  They were only made to the 1.2.5.5 branch, instead of also being added to the trunk (which will be 1.2.6.0).

I could be wrong i guess, but here is what i see:

revision # 2787 was applied to the trunk. (changing only ServerMessenger.java)
revision # 2788 & 2789 * 2791 created the branch 1.2.5.5 out of 1.2.5.4
revision # 2790 was applied only to the 1.2.5.5 branch (changing the ServerMessenger.java to match the change in revision2787, but also creating the "logs" folder with 1 new file, and "access_logs" folder with 2 files)
revision # 2792 was applied only to the 1.2.5.5 branch (changing ChatPlayerPanel.java)
revision # 2793 was applied only to the 1.2.5.5 branch (changing GameData.java)
revision # 2794 was applied only to the 1.2.5.5 branch (changing LobbyLoginValidator.java)

I double checked these by looking at the TRUNK (what will become 1.2.6.0), and confirmed that the changes were missing from the trunk.

Therefore, you need to apply the changes that were done in the following revisions to the Trunk:

thanks sgb,

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

JayTGamer
Where do you post suggestions for future releases?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.5 stable has been released

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE IMAGES OF THE UNITS IN THE NEW VERSION?

_EZell_
HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE IMAGES OF THE UNITS IN THE NEW VERSION?  I placed my old units in the images folder, and nothing happens no error messages no nothing, just the new and very ugly units, sorry to made them but they are, well you get my point.  CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE TO GO INTO THE CODE OR JUST THE FOLDERS TO CHANGE THE UNITS ANY HELP IS GOOD HELP

tks.

Friendly_Fire

Re: HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE IMAGES OF THE UNITS IN THE NEW VERSION?

did you bother to do any basic research before you posted that?

you don't really need to yell, especially when the readme & docs, in addition to the map maker, clearly say that the units are part of a maps folder, so if you want a certain game to play with certain unit graphics, you have to change the unit graphics for that game, in that game's map folder