TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable has been released,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

1.2.5.2 can load saved games made with 1.2.5 and 1.2.5.1

We hope that this version will be stable, and no new major bugs will be found, but we've said that before.

Changes for 1.2.5.2

* fix bug 2977842 Black sea zone movement bug (sgb)

* fixed bug ConcurrentModificationException (sgb)

* low luck air now works according the to the Veqryn rules (sgb)

* validate zip file on map download (sgb)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

thank you,

(and thank you for letting us use previous saves with this one, yay)

edit:
bung since this one loads saves from previous 2 releases, maybe the unstable lobby could allow just 1.2.5.1 and 1.2.5.2, dropping .5.1 after a couple days

EB, since this one has the new AA rules, will you release NWO 1.7.8 with choose aa casualties turned off, (and new destroyer pics)?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

crystalct
Could be completely fix bug 2961038?
It's important to my next 1941 mod release.

Thnaks
---------
Droid Rulez

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

sub attack woks this time yay!!!

only the plane bug wich i mentioned before hasnt changed, i can send 10 planes to 1 seazone in the rising sun map and only 4 of them can land, and no kamikaza is not enabled :)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

odd... because the code for sneak attacks was not changed at all in any of the svn's, at least as far as i can tell.
i believe for the time being, if the other person is sending in 10 planes where only 4 can land, then that person is breaking the rules and you should either stop them and make them undo the move, or do not play against them.  not much different from an actual board game, if my friend tries to move a bunch of planes, i ask him to make sure there are landing places, and we have to count them each out since it is just a table-top game.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

ice
yes ofcource, but not all people know the rules completely and it can get a dificult discussion, but ofcource its possible, on the other hand the old stable lobby did have the right restrictions on this subject maybe copy them? i dono how that works though:P

would be nice if its fixable, if it helps, i think it has something to do with carriers. like the engine doesnt know that 1 carrier takes 2 planes and not unlimited like a land territory.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

it would have to be soft-coded, in case someone made a plane with carriercost of 2 or 3 (fighters are 1), and a carrier with a carriercapacity of 1 or 3 or 4 (currently 2) (for example, an escort carrier might have 1).

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

ice1 wrote
only the plane bug wich i mentioned before hasnt changed, i can send 10 planes to 1 seazone in the rising sun map and only 4 of them can land, and no kamikaza is not enabled
Can you post a save game and give details?  I'll see if I can have a look this week.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

OnanTheBrBr
Cheers for the new version, especially for the implementation of the new AA LL rules. And a good choice to have old savegames enabled, in my eyes.
For future versions, it might be good to have the Lobby actually accept as many older versions as possible, but to restrict hosting NEW games to the newest version.

Yes, I will update NWO accordingly, sure thing. VERY glad this is resolved. Thx.

There was a weird issue I witnessed in one of smallmans NWO games including units from the right end of the (non-continuous) map magically appearing at the left end to be locked there. Smallman told me he informed you about the details, Veqryn. So could you - or smallman himself - up the savegame and the details here? It looked serious...

Some blah-blah concerning the ftr/carrier movement:
Validating ftr/carrier movement is one tricky hell of a thing. A complete validation would not only have to take into account POTENTIAL NCM carrier moves, and restrict ftr movement dynamically according to carrier movement, but also it would have to restrict carrier movement according to ftr movement.
Stuff like landing on newly purchased carriers comes on top of this and is already implemented, if I aint wrong - hooray for that.

A possible way to account for POTENTIAL NCM carrier movement could be to have them "scheduled", thus set up during CM, similar to amphibious invasions through enemy seazones. Like these invasions, which only take place IF the sea battle is won, the scheduled carrier moves would only take place IF
a) Fighters requiring the carrier move survive Combat
b) the destination seazone and/or seazones to be passed through have been cleared of enemy ships.

This aint trivial, however, since one easily might envision a situation where 4 ftrs attack a target, requiring 2 carriers from different seazones to provide for landing space during NCM. If now 2 of these ftrs die, a choice would need to be made which of the 2 carriers would have to move actually, thus a requester would have to be implemented for this case.

Why did I write this? Mainly to illustrate that the thing is complex enough to have many unexpected pitfalls. Thus I guess sticking with the current lose validation, relying on the players to check on valid moves, might be the way to go if a stable is to be released soon. I will check out the current ftr/carrier movement carefully and add a clear paragraph to NWO's rule section accordingly.

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

smallman told me of a bug where units could not be edit-removed
i've posted that bug,

the bug you are referring to (unit teleporting?) sounds different..... maybe you can ask him for more info and get him to post the bug with save game?

considering the complexity of the fighter movement issue, I'm pro-"let the users manage the rules"

any code that is made is bound to end up restricting a valid move, and restricting a valid move is far worse than allowing an illegal move.  Because i can yell at the guy and ask him to undo an illegal move, but it is much harder to make a restricted move (noone knows about the edit-move, which i only learned about this week).
If you really can take into account multiple carriers, from multiple directions, with multiple carrier types/names, with multiple carrying-capacities, with multiple land and sea based aircraft, multiple types of aircraft each with multiple carrier-transporting-costs, with some of the planes having no movement left after battle, some of having enough to land on nearby islands, and some having to land on carriers that can't make it to the battle, and also cases where one fighter heads in one direction, while another heads in a different direction, thereby requiring two different carriers even if they both launched from the same carrier.... well if you can do all that, then by all means....

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

OnanTheBrBr
I only had a short glimpse at that game. Will try to get more info. Might actually been the bug u reported - wouldn't have it recognized at that without you telling, though.

Good we are on one line concerning the ftr/carrier thing. Think the devs think along the same lines.

For a possible concept for an implementation of a Ftr-Movement-Validation, I opened a post here:
http://n2.nabble.com/Carrier-Fighter-Movement-Validation-tp4819272p4819272.html

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Dan Slayer
Hej guys!

Our two bugs, we talk by 1.2.5.1, with paratroops and mechanized are still available

http://n2.nabble.com/TripleA-1-2-5-1-unstable-has-been-released-tp4774735p4776707.html
(point 1)

and

http://n2.nabble.com/TripleA-1-2-5-1-unstable-has-been-released-tp4774735p4813444.html

Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Wisconsin
I have found a small error that can occur when a progress bar window opens that shows that the program is working. If the user resizes the window until the progress bar is invisible, an error occurs and the java error console opens. Although this error doesn't cause any real problems, it might make the user think something went wrong.

By the way, this error only happens if the user downsizes the window slowly. If it is downsized quickly, the error usually doesn't occur because it 'hops' over the error point.

I opened a bug report in the bug tracker. Here is the direct link: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2978888&group_id=44492&atid=439737

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Wisconsin
There is a small bug with the map screenshot exporting code.

When the map is not scrolled to the very top, it sometimes exports the image with the
top cut off and a black rectangle at the bottom.

Here is a direct link to the bug report I added to the bug tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2978906&group_id=44492&atid=439737

Here is an example:

It's not that serious though, and it's not too hard for players to figure out. So whether it gets fixed for this stable or not, it's fine either way.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

I'm getting reports that the new AA guns are crashing tons and tons of game in multiplayer in the lobby.
it hasn't happened to me yet, so i don't know how or why this is occurring.
but multiple people are telling me it crashing,... so i wouldn't dismiss it yet just because i can't replicate it.

edit:
seems to only occur during multiplayer games
does not occur if you just play by-yourself
the error freezes the game
Low Luck bombing raid, i can see the dice, but the window never pops up, and i get this error:

INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ChatController->Chatter:Veqryn port:3300 ip:192.168.1.104 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
host:72.14.189.84 port:3303
INFO [Decoder -Server] ServerMessenger->Connection added to:Aegis port:49202 ip:72.196.117.46
INFO [games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool:UnifiedMessengerPool:1] ChatController->Chatter:Aegis port:49202 ip:72.196.117.46 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
Exception in thread "Triplea, start server game" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy20.getRandom(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DefaultDelegateBridge.getRandom(DefaultDelegateBridge.java:88)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.TripleADelegateBridge.getRandom(TripleADelegateBridge.java:76)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getLowLuckAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:192)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:113)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.StrategicBombingRaidBattle.calculateCasualties(StrategicBombingRaidBattle.java:354)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.StrategicBombingRaidBattle.access$1200(StrategicBombingRaidBattle.java:54)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.StrategicBombingRaidBattle$FireAA$2.execute(StrategicBombingRaidBattle.java:256)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.StrategicBombingRaidBattle.fight(StrategicBombingRaidBattle.java:217)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleDelegate.fightBattle(BattleDelegate.java:131)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$2.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:172)
        at $Proxy15.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger$3.run(UnifiedMessenger.java:438)
        at games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool$ThreadTracker.runTask(ThreadPool.java:195)
        at games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool$ThreadTracker.run(ThreadPool.java:183)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$1.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:117)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid count:0
        at games.strategy.engine.random.CryptoRandomSource.getRandom(CryptoRandomSource.java:114)
        ... 33 more

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Also found this error when Flying Over an AA gun, with AA Always On = true, and Low Luck = true
i flew over with 11 bombers

INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ChatController->Chatter:Veqryn port:3300 ip:192.168.1.104 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
host:72.14.189.84 port:3303
INFO [Decoder -Server] ServerMessenger->Connection added to:Aegis port:49224 ip:72.196.117.46
INFO [games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool:UnifiedMessengerPool:1] ChatController->Chatter:Aegis port:49224 ip:72.196.117.46 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
Exception in thread "Triplea, start server game" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy19.getRandom(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DefaultDelegateBridge.getRandom(DefaultDelegateBridge.java:88)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.TripleADelegateBridge.getRandom(TripleADelegateBridge.java:76)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getLowLuckAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:192)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:113)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.AAInMoveUtil.selectCasualties(AAInMoveUtil.java:241)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.AAInMoveUtil.access$400(AAInMoveUtil.java:31)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.AAInMoveUtil$3.execute(AAInMoveUtil.java:222)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.AAInMoveUtil.fireAA(AAInMoveUtil.java:84)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MovePerformer.fireAA(MovePerformer.java:382)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MovePerformer.access$200(MovePerformer.java:44)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MovePerformer$2.execute(MovePerformer.java:151)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MovePerformer.populateStack(MovePerformer.java:243)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MovePerformer.moveUnits(MovePerformer.java:94)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MoveDelegate.move(MoveDelegate.java:346)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$2.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:172)
        at $Proxy16.move(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger.invokeAndWait(UnifiedMessenger.java:148)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedInvocationHandler.invoke(UnifiedInvocationHandler.java:70)
        at $Proxy16.move(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.gamePlayer.GameOverInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultPlayerBridge.java:176)
        at $Proxy16.move(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:220)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.move(TripleAPlayer.java:224)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.start(TripleAPlayer.java:122)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:623)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:487)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:299)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.ServerLauncher$2.run(ServerLauncher.java:208)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$1.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:117)
        ... 51 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid count:0
        at games.strategy.engine.random.CryptoRandomSource.getRandom(CryptoRandomSource.java:114)
        ... 56 more

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

and this error for just attacking a place with an AA gun

INFO [AWT-EventQueue-0] ChatController->Chatter:Veqryn port:3300 ip:192.168.1.104 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
host:72.14.189.84 port:3303
INFO [Decoder -Server] ServerMessenger->Connection added to:smallman port:2494 ip:210.1.220.85
INFO [games.strategy.thread.ThreadPool:UnifiedMessengerPool:1] ChatController->Chatter:smallman port:2494 ip:210.1.220.85 is joining chat:games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.ServerStartup.CHAT_NAME
Exception in thread "Triplea, start server game" java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy19.getRandom(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DefaultDelegateBridge.getRandom(DefaultDelegateBridge.java:88)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.TripleADelegateBridge.getRandom(TripleADelegateBridge.java:76)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getLowLuckAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:192)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleCalculator.getAACasualties(BattleCalculator.java:113)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle$FireAA.selectCasualties(MustFightBattle.java:2507)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle$FireAA.access$4300(MustFightBattle.java:2444)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle$FireAA$2.execute(MustFightBattle.java:2473)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle.fight(MustFightBattle.java:527)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleDelegate.fightBattle(BattleDelegate.java:131)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$2.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:172)
        at $Proxy14.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger.invokeAndWait(UnifiedMessenger.java:148)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedInvocationHandler.invoke(UnifiedInvocationHandler.java:70)
        at $Proxy14.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.gamePlayer.GameOverInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultPlayerBridge.java:176)
        at $Proxy14.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.battle(TripleAPlayer.java:434)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.start(TripleAPlayer.java:124)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:623)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:487)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:299)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.ServerLauncher$2.run(ServerLauncher.java:208)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$1.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:117)
        ... 39 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid count:0
        at games.strategy.engine.random.CryptoRandomSource.getRandom(CryptoRandomSource.java:114)
        ... 44 more

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Zhukov4
Games in the lobby are pretty much unplayable due to the AA bug...

It seems to be effecting every game played with low luck dice.

Until it gets fixed....I suggest setting the lobby back to the previous release.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Bung
the 1.2.5.1 release was re-allowed into the lobby about 15 hours ago.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.2 unstable released

Sean Bridges
Veqryn wrote
I'm getting reports that the new AA guns are crashing tons and tons of game in multiplayer in the lobby.
it hasn't happened to me yet, so i don't know how or why this is occurring.
but multiple people are telling me it crashing,... so i wouldn't dismiss it yet just because i can't replicate it.

edit:
seems to only occur during multiplayer games
does not occur if you just play by-yourself
the error freezes the game
Low Luck bombing raid, i can see the dice, but the window never pops up, and i get this error:

Should be fixed with 1.2.5.3
12