TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

obviously i support it

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Dan Slayer
back to the paratroop-problems... ;)

I got one error more: if I simply activate the paratroop tech <option name="paratroopers" value="true"/> and click to Stats, I get this error-message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.StatPanel$TechTableModel.update(StatPanel.java:486)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.StatPanel$TechTableModel.getValueAt(StatPanel.java:514)
        at javax.swing.JTable.getValueAt(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTable.prepareRenderer(Unknown Source)
        at org.jvnet.substance.SubstanceTableUI.paintCell(SubstanceTableUI.java:1081)
        at org.jvnet.substance.SubstanceTableUI.paintCells(SubstanceTableUI.java:714)
        at org.jvnet.substance.SubstanceTableUI.paint(SubstanceTableUI.java:588)
        at org.jvnet.substance.SubstanceTableUI.__org__jvnet__substance__SubstanceTableUI__update(SubstanceTableUI.java:2745)
        at org.jvnet.substance.SubstanceTableUI.update(SubstanceTableUI.java)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown Source)
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Bung wrote
Hey SGB, surprised no one responded yet, for everyone we've told the new full LL system of veqryns on the lobby we've got positve response. We've also got good response in his threads on the warclub and these forums. I think that system best represents lowluck for AA fire.

The only reason I mention rolling back to random is because I know you guys are pressed for a stable release and I fear the current system going into that for what could be a long lived release. I just wanted to stress we should keep it as the 1003 stable had it unless the new version could be implemented.

Seriously thanks for your time,
Bung
I think we will implement the new system.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

OnanTheBrBr
YIEHAH!
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

paratroopers,
you have to have both "WW2V3" AND "WW2V3 Tech Model" both set to true in the properties section.
i believe that error is caused by something the user interface (ui) trying to display paratroopers on a different tech panel that doesn't have it listed...
could be wrong tho, but try it first

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Dan Slayer
Hi!

I had both properties with "true" (I mean activated)... °°  It dosnt works... I got this error in both cases (with or without ww2v3)...
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

you need to post a lot more information with your posts

what version of TripleA
what map
what version of that map
if you changed the xml in that map, post the new xml
and, of course, post the savegame of it right before the error occurred (if you didn't save, send the autosave)

also, if you are messing with the xml, then most likely this is the reason, and not a bug in the engine, and so you should definitely try to replicate this exact error on a standard map.
for example, take v3, turn paratroopers on, and you will not encounter this bug... so compare your xml to v3 FIRST and compare it in detail

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Dan Slayer
Hi Veqryn!

I got my error... I've forgot to activate one tech (this stays on false)... ups... °° Thank you!
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Wisconsin
The battle centering button still doesn't work with the Lock Map option enabled. I created a fix for this in the "Game Selector Patch" that I sent before, but it still hasn't been fixed.

Since this problem isn't very big, it doesn't really matter when it's fixed. I just wanted to remind you before the stable is released.

Thanks for working on it so hard,
    Wisconsin

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

is there being looked at the plane kamikaza bug? meaning the planes go kamikaza way too easy, engine doesnt look for a landing spot.

also the subs who dont shoot back after getting hit by another sub

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
This has been checked into to svn.  Can people who know how to get the code from svn test it and let me know if it works ok.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

it looks good to me,
though someone else should check it as well

(i could not understand the java behind it tho, so i do not know if the aircraft are being selected randomly or not)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Dan Slayer
Hi! I again...

I've found a new "problem" (TripleA v1.2.5.1, modified NWO-map, ww2v3 and ww2v3 techmodel set on true):

I activate both techs paratroop and mechanizedinfantry. then I set some units on

isParatroop=true, isInfantry=true  for paratroop function
isMechnized=true, isInfantry=true  for mechanized function

then I give bombers transportcapacity and mobile units gets canBlitz.

The effect: I can paratroop AND mechnized transport BOTH kinds of units, paratroops AND mechanized! If I set the properties of units isParatroop and is Mechanized as false, I get the same effect. At the other way, if I set isInfantry=false and isParatroop or isMechanized=true, than the functions not works! Only isInfantry=true is dispositive for the function of paratroop or mechanized! but then I cannot differentiate which units can be paratroop and which units can be mechnized...

Have you an idea?
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck
12